PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - YouTube Issues videos!!

TexMac
07-26-2007, 10:57 AM
I need videos! Any volunteers?

A couple of things. I'm working with a group (we're all with AntiWar.com) to create a web portal for all things Ron Paul. When we get done, we should have a page for each state that aggregates state information from all social networking sites (MeetUp, Eventful, etc.) , state specific voting information for that state, etc. plus a blog.

We will eventually need at least one person from each state to run their page, so start thinking about it and talking to the people you think will be good for this position. Send the suggestions to me either by a PM here or a post on this thread (PM the link to me so I don't miss it) or email tex.mac@gmail.com.

OK, so within this site we intend to have an issues page for every issue voters or media could possibly want to read, quote or view about RP. We'd also like to have a short video - probably under 3 minutes - of RP on that issue. To start, let's do the Patriot Act. Anyone want to do it? We'd like to keep the videos simple, short and they need to look like they all belong together, so either the same person needs to do them or we need a template of some sort so that everyone can use it.

Also, I just got off the phone with Justine Lam at the campaign HQ and if we can make these videos well enough, she will upload them to the RP YouTube page. This is very important as far as RP's YouTube stats go and we need to do some catching up, big time! To see what the strategy of the front-runner in the YouTube game is, go to Barack Obama's page. (http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=BarackObamadotcom&p=r) Notice anything? Like lots of short videos uploaded every day, sometimes several a day? Now go to RP's site (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=RonPaul2008dotcom)and see the difference. RP has 28 videos to Obama's 142. Yes, ours are better, but we need more!

Any takers?

Added: A lot of you have what amounts to clip libraries of RP speeches, right? We'll need to make these out of existing material. Justine says they're setting up a video studio, but who knows when anything will come out of that. They sound totally swamped.

BLS
07-26-2007, 11:08 AM

A couple of things. I'm working with a group (we're all with AntiWar.com) to create a web portal for all things Ron Paul. When we get done, we should have a page for each state that aggregates state information from all social networking sites (MeetUp, Eventful, etc.) , state specific voting information for that state, etc. plus a blog.

We will eventually need at least one person from each state to run their page, so start thinking about it and talking to the people you think will be good for this position. Send the suggestions to me either by a PM here or a post on this thread (PM the link to me so I don't miss it) or email tex.mac@gmail.com.

OK, so within this site we intend to have an issues page for every issue voters or media could possibly want to read, quote or view about RP. We'd also like to have a short video - probably under 3 minutes - of RP on that issue. To start, let's do the Patriot Act. Anyone want to do it? We'd like to keep the videos simple, short and they need to look like they all belong together, so either the same person needs to do them or we need a template of some sort so that everyone can use it.

Also, I just got off the phone with Justine Lam at the campaign HQ and if we can make these videos well enough, she will upload them to the RP YouTube page. This is very important as far as RP's YouTube stats go and we need to do some catching up, big time! To see what the strategy of the front-runner in the YouTube game is, go to Barack Obama's page. (http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=BarackObamadotcom&p=r) Notice anything? Like lots of short videos uploaded every day, sometimes several a day? Now go to RP's site (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=RonPaul2008dotcom)and see the difference. RP has 28 videos to Obama's 142. Yes, ours are better, but we need more!

Any takers?

Added: A lot of you have what amounts to clip libraries of RP speeches, right? We'll need to make these out of existing material. Justine says they're setting up a video studio, but who knows when anything will come out of that. They sound totally swamped.

I made this about a month ago, and it's maybe a little racy, with harder music, but I thought it was very moving personally (I may be biased:D )

In any case, you're welcome to use it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cLuUtvx9dQ

I'm working on another video but won't have it finished until this weekend.
There are some good RP videos on youtube already regarding the Patriot Act.

I'll see if I can hunt down a good one for you.

TexMac
07-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Bumping for help and please send a link to this thread to anyone you think might be interested/good at either creating the issues videos or running their state's site.

DeadheadForPaul
07-26-2007, 11:13 AM

Any takers?

Sounds like Avaroth is the man for the job on the vids.

TexMac
07-26-2007, 11:15 AM
I made this about a month ago, and it's maybe a little racy, with harder music, but I thought it was very moving personally (I may be biased:D )

I love that video! But, you're right, it needs to be more RP, less music. We probably need to pick one kind of music, more background-ish for all the videos. I'm kind of thinking about a mash-up of RP clips on a specific topic that summarize his views. Comprehensive, but concise. Remember, voters and media will be looking for specific information. Doable??

TexMac
07-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Sounds like Avaroth is the man for the job on the vids.
I'm sure he'd do a great job if he decided to take it on.

cac1963
07-26-2007, 11:22 AM
This is very important as far as RP's YouTube stats go and we need to do some catching up, big time! To see what the strategy of the front-runner in the YouTube game is, go to Barack Obama's page. (http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=BarackObamadotcom&p=r) Notice anything? Like lots of short videos uploaded every day, sometimes several a day? Now go to RP's site (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=RonPaul2008dotcom)and see the difference. RP has 28 videos to Obama's 142. Yes, ours are better, but we need more!

Romney's got over 200 clips and he's only half as successful (http://doesitmatteryet.blogspot.com/2007/07/gop-candidates-youtube-stats-071507.html) as Paul at youtube. I do agree that issue-specific clips are important as long as they are long enough to completely explain the position in more than sound-byte bullet points, but I don't think these massive number of clips are the sole basis for Obama's youtube popularity (again, Romney's got more than anybody else but half the success of Paul).

As a personal preference I'd rather watch a speech in its entirely rather than broken into separate clips possibly out of context, but I understand the need for specific issue-related videos to help people find his positions one by one.

TexMac
07-26-2007, 11:35 AM
I agree it's not the only thing, but it is one of the things. There are a lot of popular RP videos out there that aren't on the campaign stats as well. Like the GoogleTalk one.

Anyway, it will kill two birds with one video if we use them both places.

aravoth
07-26-2007, 01:25 PM
I can certainly help with this, I'd be glad to do it in fact. The Vids I make though are not so much ads as they are mini video docs. Check the videos below on my sig and see if thats along the lines of what you are after. Be happy to help.

TexMac
07-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Yes, that sort of thing would be good. So, if we have an issues page called The Patriot Act, with these sorts of quotes linked (probably a couple prominent and highlighted) could you make a video that sort of summed it up?

**Fear and insecurity must not drive our policies. Sacrificing personal liberty should never be an option.

Congressman Ron Paul, January 24, 2002, in the House of Representatives

*The most significant and dangerous result of last year's [2001’s] attacks has been the bold expansion of the federal police state and our enhanced international role as the world's policeman.

*The wonderful thing is that our problems can be easily solved when protecting individual liberty becomes our goal, rather than the erroneous assumption that solutions must always be in conflict with liberty and that sacrificing some liberty is to be expected during trying times. This is not necessary.

*Could it ever come to a point where those who dissent at home against our military operations overseas will be considered too sympathetic to the enemy? The Attorney General's comments suggest just that, and it has happened here in our past. We indeed live in dangerous times. We are unable to guarantee protection from outside threats and may be approaching a time when our own government poses a threat to our liberties

**The Anti-Terrorism Bill did little to restrain the growth of big government. In the name of patriotism, the Congress did some very unpatriotic things. Instead of concentrating on the persons or groups that committed the attacks on 9-11, our efforts, unfortunately, have undermined the liberties of all Americans.

Congressman Ron Paul, November 29, 2001, in the House of Representatives

It is estimated that approximately 1,200 men have been arrested as a consequence of 9-11, yet their names and the charges are not available, and according to Ashcroft, will not be made available. Once again, he uses the argument that he's protecting the privacy of those charged. Unbelievable! Due process for the detainees has been denied. Secret government is winning out over open government. This is the largest number of people to be locked up under these conditions since FDR's internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II. Information regarding these arrests is a must, in a constitutional republic. If they're terrorists or accomplices, just let the public know and pursue their prosecution. But secret arrests and silence are not acceptable in a society that professes to be free. Curtailing freedom is not the answer to protecting freedom under adverse circumstances.

America must guard against current calls for government to sacrifice the Constitution in the name of law enforcement.

We must be vigilant to resist the rush toward ever-increasing state control of our society, so that our own government does not become a greater threat to our freedoms than any foreign terrorist.

The fact that a two-thirds majority can sentence a person to death in secrecy in the United States is scary. With no appeals available, and no defense attorneys of choice being permitted, fairness should compel us to reject such a system outright… We were outraged in 1996 when Lori Berenson, an American citizen, was tried, convicted, and sentenced to life by a Peruvian military court. Instead of setting an example, now we are following the lead of a Peruvian dictator.

The threats to liberty seem endless. It seems we have forgotten to target the enemy. Instead we have inadvertently targeted the rights of American citizens. The crisis has offered a good opportunity for those who have argued all along for bigger government.

***We are placing tremendous trust in our president to pursue our enemies as our commander-in-chief but Congress must remain vigilant as to not allow our civil liberties here at home to be eroded. The temptation will be great to sacrifice our freedoms for what may seem to be more security. We must resist this temptation.

Congressman Ron Paul, September 14, 2001, in the House of Representatives

The Patriot Act has given unbelievable power to listen, read, and monitor all our transactions without a search warrant being issued after affirmation of probably cause. "Sneak and peak" and blanket searches are now becoming more frequent every day. What have we allowed to happen to the 4th amendment?

Congressman Ron Paul, June 27, 2002, in the House of Representatives

Political propagandizing is used to get all of us to toe the line and be good "patriots," supporting every measure suggested by the administration. We are told that preemptive strikes, torture, military tribunals, suspension of habeas corpus, executive orders to wage war, and sacrificing privacy with a weakened 4th Amendment are the minimum required to save our country from the threat of terrorism. Who’s winning this war anyway?

Tolerance of inconvenience to our liberties is not uncommon when both personal and economic fear persists. The sacrifices being made to our liberties will surely usher in a system of government that will please only those who enjoy being in charge of running other people's lives.

When the government keeps detailed records on every move we make and we either need advance permission for everything we do or are penalized for not knowing what the rules are, America will be declared a police state. Personal privacy for law-abiding citizens will be a thing of the past…Civil liberties will be suspended for suspects, and their prosecution will not be carried out by an independent judiciary.

There's more, but you get the idea. Also, the videos would probably look best if they were somewhat similar in format and music. Think of it as a short crash course on RP's views on a narrow subject for voters and the media.

BLS
07-26-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm working on a foreign policy video right now.
Music or no music in the background?

TexMac
07-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Could you get with aravoth and see if you can agree on something? I don't want to dictate how to do them. Just some basic parameters. Short, focused, as professional looking (and sounding) as possible. For example, if you want to convey RP's stance on the Patriot Act to a reporter, what would you show them? The music should probably appeal to a broad spectrum of people. Imagine a senior citizen in Des Moines listening to it.

lucius
07-26-2007, 02:51 PM

Nice job! I will use it in my next dvd project.

TexMac
07-26-2007, 05:49 PM
BLS and aravoth, here are a list of the top ten issues we came up with. Do you agree and can you do a set of videos covering these? Can you work together or does it need to be one person?

Iraq War
Patriot Act
Immigration
Civil liberties
Drug War
Income tax
Small government/something similar/deficits
General foreign policy
Health care
Gun control

RonPaulLibrary
07-26-2007, 08:46 PM
For reference, these are how the issues ranked based the past 40,000 clicks on the Ron Paul Library index page. This might be a little more scientific way of picking which issues to hit.

7.7% The War in Iraq
7.6% Taxes
6.5% Health Care
5.8% Abortion and Stem Cell Research
5.6% The September 11 Attacks
5.3% Other Topics (probably looking for Paul's statements on the Environment or Racism - just a guess)
5.2% Gun Control and the 2nd Amendment
5.1% The War on Drugs
4.3% The War on Terror
4.2% Border Security and Immigration Reform
3.9% Freedom and Personal Liberty
3.9% The Economy and Monetary Policy
3.8% Education
3.4% The National ID Card
3.2% China
3.2% American Independence and Sovereignty
2.8% The Role of Government
2.7% U.S. Foreign Policy
2.6% The Federal Budget and Spending
2.6% Social Security
2.3% Defending the Constitution
2.1% The Draft
1.8% Free Trade
1.6% Privacy
1.5% Property Rights and Eminent Domain
1.1% Campaign Finance Reform

TexMac
07-26-2007, 09:05 PM
That is critical data. Thank you so much.

isufferfromronpaulfever
07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
If you go to

http://ronpaul2008.dabbledb.com/publish/theronpauldatabasetheronpauldatabasegooglepagescom/e5382927-4efe-4c6c-82d5-21d440c904ac/libertariansandfriendsareeverywhere.html

You can see the band Tool listed as a potential friend. Tool is a band that has been around since the early 90's that still exists today. They have the most devoted, loyal and largest following of fans... even moreso than RHCP, Pearl Jam, etcetera. They have topped the billboards consistently. Because they have stayed away from the mainstream media, they have never sold out and continue to inspire people from all over the world.

My idea is a video using either the song Vicarious or The Pot (Vicarious talks about the people that buy into the BS they are fed and anticipate on TV, The Pot concerns the BS and hypocracy fed to us through our government) off their new CD 10,000 Days. I am a member of their fansite and can honestly tell you that many of the fans on that site agree and support Dr. Paul. In fact, if there was a candidate this band would support, it would be Dr. Paul (Even stated in that link I provided).

Put together a good video and incorporate one of the songs listed above, list Tool and the track title in the video caption and I promise you that many more hits, that many more supporters. Majority of the Tool fans are very bright people... In fact they have a lot in common with Ron Paul.

I'd love to help you guys with thoughts and ideas, if not more... for a video. We can make this happen. Please contact me.

TexMac
07-26-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm not disbelieving you, but that Wiki link goes here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tool

isufferfromronpaulfever
07-26-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm not disbelieving you, but that Wiki link goes here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tool

Oh, sorry. The link is http://theronpauldatabase.googlepages.com/ and the data can be found by clicking the friends link.

I would hope to help coordinate a project with someone.

TexMac
07-26-2007, 09:37 PM
It's a good idea and we can use all the supporters we can get. Let me flag aravoth here and see if he thinks the music is suitable for this project. If not, there are many, many other projects!

isufferfromronpaulfever
07-26-2007, 09:42 PM
It's a good idea and we can use all the supporters we can get. Let me flag aravoth here and see if he thinks the music is suitable for this project. If not, there are many, many other projects!

I'd rather not mosey in on what projects you currently have going on but I do have a lot of ideas and have been wanting to put together a few videos for a while. I'm not that up to speed on the methods to go about it and that's why I haven't gotten down to it already. If you'd be willing to work with me, perhaps we can put something together, something to drive up hits and potential votes.

The music is a bit hard. It probably doesn't attract the audience you are looking for... With that being said, I can devise some ways to target the audience I'm trying for though... and it's a big one!

Let me know!

TexMac
07-26-2007, 09:46 PM
I can devise some ways to target the audience I'm trying for though... and it's a big one!

Let me know!Then just do it! We're trying to do a project with certain parameters. If you have a good idea - JUST DO IT. That's how this campaign works.

isufferfromronpaulfever
07-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Then just do it! We're trying to do a project with certain parameters. If you have a good idea - JUST DO IT. That's how this campaign works.

What software do you use ? I will do it. I just really don't know how. Any help is appreciated.

aravoth
07-26-2007, 10:17 PM
BLS and aravoth, here are a list of the top ten issues we came up with. Do you agree and can you do a set of videos covering these? Can you work together or does it need to be one person?

Iraq War
Patriot Act
Immigration
Civil liberties
Drug War
Income tax
Small government/something similar/deficits
General foreign policy
Health care
Gun control

Not a problem. I however won't be able to do a damn thing until Tuesday of next week. Dunno if you're planning on trying to gets these in line for the Ames poll, it'll be tight, But I can probably crank out a few in a week. It wouldn't be a bad Idea to have mutiple people targeting different audiences. As long as the template remains relativly close.

I'll have something for you on wednesday, we can compare then, see what everyone likes, and see if there is a way to combine the idea's and formats.

TexMac
07-26-2007, 10:20 PM
What software do you use ? I will do it. I just really don't know how. Any help is appreciated.I don't use any software for videos! That's why I'm on this thread begging for help.

aravoth
07-26-2007, 10:22 PM
What software do you use ? I will do it. I just really don't know how. Any help is appreciated.

Use windows movie maker. It's easy, slow but easy, and it can do alot more than most people think it can.

TexMac
07-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Not a problem. I however won't be able to do a damn thing until Tuesday of next week. Dunno if you're planning on trying to gets these in line for the Ames poll, it'll be tight, But I can probably crank out a few in a week. It wouldn't be a bad Idea to have mutiple people targeting different audiences. As long as the template remains relativly close.

I'll have something for you on wednesday, we can compare then, see what everyone likes, and see if there is a way to combine the idea's and formats.Not a problem. We were thinking two weeks to prototype issues pages. Our web guru thought your previous videos "look great!"