PDA

View Full Version : Why are Ron Paul Supporters so Passionate?

billyjoeallen
01-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Americans as a people are a group so diverse that it is hard to say what it is we have in common.
We don't all live near each other. We don't all have the same skin tones, we don't all share the same religion. So what is it exactly that makes us Americans? It's not where we are born or who our parents are, or what language we speak. I believe that what makes us American is our mutual love, desire for, and defense of freedom.

There's not a whole lot of America left in the United Staes. There's not even much unity unless you call conformity "untiy". In these times it has become controversial to say that, as long as we are not harming others, we should have the right to be left alone. The establishment thought police would have us believe that endless meddling in the lives of everybody everywhere is not only permissable by government, but obligatory. The state would have us believe that the numerous and increasing encroachments on personal and national sovereignty visited on us are in our best interest. I disagree.

I take the position that the jungle of Liberty, messy as it is, is preferable to guilded cage of the State. I agree with Thomas Paine when he said "government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one." History rightfully treats Paine as a hero and a patriot , but today those same sentiments get one labled a "radical" or a "kook." So be it. I will not surrender to the bovine conformity of the herd just to avoid the whips and cattle prods of those who consider themselves our masters.

Consider this: just a few years ago, a person could wakeup, turn on the light, use the john and go to work before ever even considering the government's role in his life. But now come back to the present and you are in a different world entirely. What if the stimulant you use to help you wake up is controlled or prohibited eniterly? What if the light you turn on is incandescent and not a compact flourescent? What if the toilet is five gallon flush? What if your job (such as nail painting or fortune telling) requires a licence that you don't have? You could be guilty of four crimes before ever punching the timeclock! God help you if you forgot your seatbelt or motorcycle helmet. So after you clock in, you work until about 11:00 to pay your income and social security taxes, buy a lunch and pay a sales tax on it, work until five or six to pay for your other obligations, get back in your car that you paid a registration tax on, burn gasoline you paid a fuel tax on, get to your house that you pay property tax on, go inside, turn on the TV and watch news coverage of the war your tax dollars pay for.

Yes, those people that we are bombing hate us for our freedom. :-(

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-16-2008, 03:47 PM
This country is in a sad state of affairs.

heath.whiteaker
01-16-2008, 04:21 PM
for me I guess my reasons are a little different. I was in the Marine Corps from 7/97 to 7/01 then I was out and started a computer business. I loved it. October came and I got a letter stating that my MOS was in short supply and my unit was being deployed and needed me back with in 48 hours. Imagine... just 48 hours to close your business and remove everything from a storefront. I didn't have anyone else to run the store for me so I had to close it. So I was deployed with my unit 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion to Afghanistan.

I have always been a democrat and voted democrat. When I went to the polls I had a philosophy that politicians were like underwear, if they aren't changed regularly they start to stink. So I would always vote a new guy in. Dr Paul has changed that. When I heard that there is such a guy that defends the constitution and votes no on anything that is unconstitutional I was instantly impressed. So I got more into it... Low and behold... I switched my party affiliation because of his message. I am also now looking to run for public office. All of this off of Dr Pauls messages. I think just as the Christians need Jesus and Muslims need Mohamed, Americans need Freedom and we can get that back with Dr. Paul.