PDA

View Full Version : An Ames Letter 4U!

goldenequity
07-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Please feel free to use any or all of this Ames Iowa letter. :)

"Protecting the rights of even the least individual among us is basically the only excuse the government has for even existing."

Is our government protecting our individual rights and the traditional values of the Constitution? The answer is most clearly "no."

What are Constitutional traditional values?

Looking across history, they are most certainly not aggressive bloated government, a collapsing monetary system, weak borders, wire-tapping, or preemptive wars. America desperately needs leadership to reverse the size of government, lower taxes, encourage free trade, and get out of foreign entanglements, our bank accounts and our bedrooms.

Who can begin reversing decades of bloated and corrosive legislation from the administrations and parties who have lost sight of our Constitution and traditional core values?

We must elect a candidate, who will pursue a humble defensive foreign policy and who will bring our soldiers home and I mean all. That means saving almost five hundred billion dollars a year. A half-trillion saved and not spent. Compound that annually.

Saved for entitlements, federal pork and earmarking? Don’t even think about it!

In his 20 years in Congress, Ron Paul has not once voted to raise taxes or congressional pay. Professional lobbyists do not even darken this Congressman’s door. He is known amongst his colleagues as “Doctor No” for refusing any legislation that spends tax money on anything not endorsed specifically by the Constitution.

He wants the money to stay with you, to be spent locally, to prosper your own State and local community. It’s your money. Improve and use it to take personal responsibility for your own lives and local communities. In your prosperity, give to community charities instead of demanding the Federal government help the poor and unfortunate amoung you.

This was the strict and liberating intention of our founding fathers and the Constitution.
There was no income tax…none. It worked so well for so long, that our country’s prosperity exploded exponentially and was the envy of all other nations of the world.

Stop being a good Republican. Stop being a good Democrat. Start being a good American.

As the only Republican candidate who solitarily opposed the war in Iraq and loudly protested the corrosive effects of the Homeland Security Act upon our Civil Liberties, let's give Ron Paul a chance, to lead us out of this mess. Our country is literally going broke trying to sustain a policy of policing the world and a bloated Federalized system of government.

Please go this weekend to the Ames Iowa Poll and cast your straw vote for Ron Paul.

Thank you so much.

BLS
07-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Wow. Great piece.

pyrazole
07-26-2007, 10:57 AM
[
"Protecting the rights of even the least individual among us is basically the only excuse the government has for even existing."

Quote was by Ronald Regan, probably should attribute it to him.

Richard in Austin
07-26-2007, 11:02 AM
http://www.topix.net/forum/city/ames-ia

http://www.mediaforum.org/states/index.cfm?state=ia

goldenequity
07-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Quote was by Ronald Regan, probably should attribute it to him.

I thought about it and decided not to.

I don't know who's going to open the letter.

In advertising, it is well known that people FIRST read things to disqualify them.

They look for why they should dismiss something.
sad but true....we are mostly "close" minded as a species.:) :)

AZJV
07-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Nicely done and to the point!

pyrazole
07-26-2007, 11:12 AM
I thought about it and decided not to.

I don't know who's going to open the letter.

In advertising, it is well known that people FIRST read things to disqualify them.

They look for why they should dismiss something.
sad but true....we are mostly "close" minded as a species.:) :)

True, although in general, midwesterners had a pretty favorable view of Reagan. But it is a very small point, and fine to omit his name.

I've been using this one in my letters, is it too complicated?

"In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."

Thomas Jefferson, fair copy of the drafts of the Kentucky Resolutions of 1798.

goldenequity
07-26-2007, 11:25 AM
This letter was composited from an excellent piece
found HERE (http://media.www.redandblack.com/media/storage/paper871/news/2007/07/26/Opinions/Paul-Tops.List.Of.Gop.Candidates-2927189.shtml)

I was so inspired by his piece I asked permission to use part
to compose the Ames letter!!!!!!

Please tell him how good his writting is!!

Thanks,
randy

goldenequity
07-26-2007, 11:28 AM
True, although in general, midwesterners had a pretty favorable view of Reagan. But it is a very small point, and fine to omit his name.

I've been using this one in my letters, is it too complicated?

"In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."

Thomas Jefferson, fair copy of the drafts of the Kentucky Resolutions of 1798.

OMG....that is SO to the point of reigning in Federal powers!!! Exactly.:)

micahnelson
07-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Dear ___________,

My name is ___________ and I am a __Profession_ in __State___. I am writing Iowans about the upcoming straw poll in Ames.

The Republicans have many choices this year, some you have heard of and others you have not. I want to make sure you heard about Ron Paul. He has never voted to raise taxes, never voted to give himself a raise, and isn't enrolled in the multi-million dollar Congressional retirement program. He is the strongest defender of the constitution in Washington, DC. I wanted to tell you about him and encourage you to support Ron Paul at the upcoming Ames Straw poll. Its rare to find a politician with so much integrity as Ron Paul, and I think when you learn more about him you'll be as excited as I am.

You can find out about him and his views at www.RonPaul2008.com

If you can't get on the Internet and have questions you can call me at __your phone number___. I would love to talk to a fellow American about a politician worth supporting!

Thank you for your time!