PDA

View Full Version : Can we get Mark Sanford to endorse his old buddy Dr. Paul?

Blowback
01-16-2008, 03:32 PM
http://www.scgovernor.com/contact/email/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanford
As you can see, he used to vote with Ron in Congress.

Tell him to "Endorse his conscience and we'll vote ours"

coffeewithchess
01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
He has already said he doesn't plan on endorsing anybody before the primary, but I asked anyway...:D

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
We need to make him VP. That way we do not need an endorsement :D

Blowback
01-16-2008, 03:35 PM
We need to make him VP. That way we do not need an endorsement :D

I'd agree to possibly mak him a VP... If he can man up and endorse his conscience.

Also, I don't care what he has said, I know he isn't sleeping well at night knowning that he isn't doing all he can to support his old buddy. Let's remind him how he could sleep a little better.

Kotin
01-16-2008, 03:37 PM
sent.

Staupostek
01-16-2008, 03:40 PM
It has amazed me how many people will align themselves with Ron Paul's positions and then refuse to endorse him, or even mention him. What ever happened to voting for the candidate that best represented your views?

fireworks_god
01-16-2008, 03:51 PM
People like Ron Paul and Mark Sanford are reserving their energy. They understand that issues like the economy go through natural cycles, and they are waiting for the precise time in which they can most effectively act to manifest greater change and progress.

Mark Sanford won't officially endorse any candidate right now, but would he run as Vice-President with a nominated Ron Paul? You bet your ass he will. :D

steph3n
01-16-2008, 03:52 PM
People like Ron Paul and Mark Sanford are reserving their energy. They understand that issues like the economy go through natural cycles, and they are waiting for the precise time in which they can most effectively act to manifest greater change and progress.

Mark Sanford won't officially endorse any candidate right now, but would he run as Vice-President with a nominated Ron Paul? You bet your ass he will. :D

He is going to have to step up to give the nod then

Dave39168
01-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Governor Sanford,
I admire your views of limitied government. I believe you are a Libertarian-leaning Republican just as I am. I urge you to endorse Ron Paul for president. Whatever happened to voting your conscience? Standing up for what you really believe? I have studied your positions and there is no doubt that you and Dr. Paul have similiar beliefs. There is also no doubt that the other front-runners (GOP or Dems) will only continue to grow the size and reach of our federal government. Scared it will hurt your career? Do me a favor... Take your left hand... Reach down ... and Count 1!....2!.... do you have a pair? then MAN UP AND DO THE RIGHT THING! Whatever happened to supporting the guy who best represents your views? You will sleep better at night knowing you did what you could.

Thank you
-Dees

haha is this too much? should i tone it down a little before i send?:D

erowe1
01-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Oh no! People PLEASE don't blitz Gov. Sanford with emails! Haven't you learned your lessons about that yet? The last thing we need is to turn off another potential ally with the ill-conceived zeal of RP's supporters.

leglock
01-16-2008, 04:14 PM
He must be one of the people that Paul has seen come and gone due to dedication to the term limits.

justinc.1089
01-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Governor Sanford,
I admire your views of limitied government. I believe you are a Libertarian-leaning Republican just as I am. I urge you to endorse Ron Paul for president. Whatever happened to voting your conscience? Standing up for what you really believe? I have studied your positions and there is no doubt that you and Dr. Paul have similiar beliefs. There is also no doubt that the other front-runners (GOP or Dems) will only continue to grow the size and reach of our federal government. Scared it will hurt your career? Do me a favor... Take your left hand... Reach down ... and Count 1!....2!.... do you have a pair? then MAN UP AND DO THE RIGHT THING! Whatever happened to supporting the guy who best represents your views? You will sleep better at night knowing you did what you could.

Thank you
-Dees

haha is this too much? should i tone it down a little before i send?:D

Yes thats too much.;) Be nice to Sanford he would be really nice to you if you were talking to him in person lol.

I personally asked Sanford to endorse Paul, and let him know tons of us would love to see that happen, but he did not say he would or would not endorse him. I think right before that he may have said in his interview that he was not going to endorse a candidate though, I'm not sure.

But he did say he liked Paul, and told me they served in congress together, which I already knew anyway, and he said Paul is a friend of his or something like that. I got the impression he feels like its not possible for him to endorse Paul, as if it would be political suicide, but really wishes he could because he almost looked and sounded sad right after I asked him that lol. Or at least sympathetic to us idk.

I wouldn't send many emails because endorsing a candidate is certainly on Sanford's mind, and there are not many he would even consider other than Paul. So I think either he would endorse Paul, or endorse no one.

I think whenever Sanford runs for the senate we should all support him if he agrees with Paul's stance on foreign policy and the Federal Reserve, and I would be a little surprised if he did not agree with them. I wish I had asked him what he thought about that stuff when I talked to him but at least I remembered the more important stuff lol.

Spirit of '76
01-16-2008, 04:42 PM
It has amazed me how many people will align themselves with Ron Paul's positions and then refuse to endorse him, or even mention him. What ever happened to voting for the candidate that best represented your views?

They're scared of committing career suicide by attaching themselves to the campaign of the most hated and feared man in American politics.

Blowback
01-16-2008, 08:58 PM
They're scared of committing career suicide by attaching themselves to the campaign of the most hated and feared man in American politics.

I think you're probably right. Maybe we should donate some more money to make sure the politicians understand our might! :)

Politicians need to understand that if they support us, they might lose a few "helpers" but they gain an army.

kirkblitz
01-16-2008, 09:08 PM
sanford said he wont be running for any more political offices after this last term as govenor.

LandonCook
01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Mark Cuban
And
Mark Sandord are both on my RP wishlist....