PDA

View Full Version : Enough with the attacks on HQ, lets focus on what's ahead

Badger Paul
01-16-2008, 03:20 PM
I know that people at HQ may not be the brightest bulbs or sharpest tools when it comes to running a national campaign. Many of us have our horror stories. We've spent a lot of time venting our spleens here at RPF. That's fine. That's your right.

But the reality is it's too late for our criticisms, constructive or not, to have much of an impact. Ron Paul hasn't fired anyone and he's not going to. There's no one out there waiting in the wings with some sort of exlir to make things better. There's no magic plan or secret strategy.

Instead we have to focus on what's ahead and what we can still get out of the process inside the GOP and possibly on a national level.

Any more criticisms of HQ to me have gone beyond the constructive point and can only be destructive from now on. Look, we have people busting their asses in several states, in the cold and rain, canvassing and getting ready for caucuses and primaries. Nevada, Louisiana, Alaska look promising in that regard, perhaps a district here and there in California too. There's lots of states where a good grassroots effort can turn out a good result for Ron Paul. If we continue with the circular firing squad, then we betray their efforts.

Nobody knows what the end result is going to be on Feb. 6, whether the picture will be clear or cloudy. But until then we owe it to ourselves to go back and work hard and do what we can to make the best of the situation. At least we would be no worse off otherwise.

Let's not lose the spirit of what made us so unique, a camapaign fueled by those on the outside looking in and powered by its can-do efforts. What happens with HQ is irrelevent. This is our camapaign. Let's treat it like we own it.

austin356
01-16-2008, 03:29 PM
yes. True.

(though I still may have to vent every once and awhile.)

Melissa
01-16-2008, 03:31 PM
yes please lets help canvass when I was out in Michigan #1 Problem people have no clue who Ron Paul is or what he stands for

Pick a state that is close to you and go help that is the only way we win if you have not learned that in the last 4 states then we will never have a shot at this

fireworks_god
01-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Nevada is their test. Nevada is the only state that they have really focused on exerting some effort into winning. The official campaign is on the line in Nevada. We already know what the grass-roots can do. We took a solid 4th place in Michigan, despite nonaction by the official campaign, despite the mainstream media. 4th place in Michigan was solely the grass-roots and general recognition of Ron Paul on his own.

If you really want to know what I think, I think we've been tested. They needed to know how wisely they needed to invest their money effectively. They didn't want to throw good money away if the actual ground, voting support wasn't there to build upon.

Read the article in the Las Vegas Stun. Ron Paul has focused on building up his base. Clearly they know how strong their base is. If we win Nevada, something that sounds very likely (and not in a false, optimistic winning Iowa sense :D), then we will truly have a glimpse of the exact nature of the official campaign, because they've taken action in Nevada, and we've seen what the grass-roots can do alone in Michigan.

The other candidates are almost bankrupt. The ideals they support in their campaigns are going bankrupt. Ron Paul has millions and he can do this.

seeker1
01-17-2008, 10:08 AM
The other candidates are almost bankrupt. The ideals they support in their campaigns are going bankrupt. Ron Paul has millions and he can do this.

Why do people keep saying that? The more times a lie gets told it seems to be true.