PDA

View Full Version : help! Need immediate advice on advertising/forming PAC

kmj.ronpaul
01-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm a district captain and meetup leader in Ohio, and we're trying to get organized to start placing print ads for Dr. Paul. Our primary is on March 4th. I just learned that we can get a large amount of ad space in a print medium that will reach *lots* of people cheaply, BUT the deadline to do this is in a few days. Before I can even start designing an ad or collecting money, I need to determine if it will even be legal for me to *place* the ad.

We're not a PAC, and I've called both our secretary of state and the FEC, and determined that, in order to run this ad, we need to have a federal PAC status (not just a state PAC). I have heard that it's a real pain to form a PAC (e.g. they really scrutinize your bank accounts, we don't have a bank account for our group, etc.), so **I'm wondering if it will be possible for me to just join an existing PAC and then have them buy the ads, instead.**

Would this be legal?

If so, which federal pro-Paul PACs already exist? I have searched RPF, but only turned up a couple of PACs that look like they're restricted to individual states. Could these state-localized PACs still buy ad time in Ohio?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has useful input!

kmj

mstrmac1
01-16-2008, 03:16 PM
bump

AdamT
01-16-2008, 03:18 PM
You can run the funds through my PAC if you'd like.

kmj.ronpaul
01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
>> You can run the funds through my PAC if you'd like.

Perfect! Any info you can provide would be helpful. You can PM me, or, preferably, email me (kmj.ronpaul at gmail.com) with details.

Thanks!!!

AdamT
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Just emailed ya.