PDA

View Full Version : HELP: 2500 Homes in My Precinct

Ronin
01-16-2008, 03:14 PM
So I'm finally getting some free time to canvass. After sorting through my 100 page canvas list, I have come to 2500 unique homes with 4800 voters. My area is growing a lot (DC Metro), so depending on the age of this list it may be more.

How do I attack this?? Phone, door-to-door?

It's very overwhelming and I only have until Feb 12th, so I want to use my time as best possible. I work full time, so I'm really only going to have time on the weekends.

Any advice from experienced canvassers would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Edit: Feb 12th

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 03:17 PM
So I'm finally getting some free time to canvass. After sorting through my 100 page canvas list, I have come to 2500 unique homes with 4800 voters. My area is growing a lot (DC Metro), so depending on the age of this list it may be more.

It's very overwhelming and I only have until Jan 12th, so I want to use my time as best possible. I work full time, so I'm really only going to have time on the weekends.

TIA

Today is January 16th. I think you're too late.

If you mean February 16th then start ASAP and try to get some help. If it's just you do the best you can and that's fine.

Thanks!

damon04
01-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Jan 12 was a few days ago...

Our precinct has until Feb. 5th...

We met up to discuss the best way to go about canvassing, and we decided that doing it by phone is the best option to knock out as many people as possible in a short amount of time in the warm shelters of your home...

Canvassing through apartment complexes (where most have cell phones as their main source) should be done by foot, very many hits in a small area...

We are mixing those two strategies and trying to maximize the number of people we get through to...

limequat
01-16-2008, 03:23 PM
How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
Clear as much schedule as you can commit and just get out there and do it. I had 1755 on my list. Didn't get them all, but my precinct sure did a lot better than average!

Soccrmastr
01-16-2008, 03:26 PM
the training vid and articles rly help.

i reccomend call and lit drop then door to door talking

TonySutton
01-16-2008, 03:28 PM
You need to get started as soon as possible. The important thing is to identify RP supporters quickly and get them to help. This will reduce your workload.

Concentrate on the Republicans first.

Calling is quicker than walking.

Did you watch the videos?

Rob
01-16-2008, 03:31 PM

It's very overwhelming and I only have until Jan 12th, so I want to use my time as best possible. I work full time, so I'm really only going to have time on the weekends.

TIA

Request a backup. The system allows for double assignments.

JonathanR
01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I've got 2700+ in mine. I decided to look at the data and cherry pick areas with clumps of voters who are likely sympathetic to Paul's message.

Ronin
01-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Sorry guys Feb 12th. Edit'd OP

Ronin
01-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Did you watch the videos?

Only 10 minutes of the first. I plan to watch them all before getting started. Sorry if my question is answered in the video. I still like to get first hand "this is what I did" accounts.

Lisa S
01-16-2008, 03:52 PM
There is very little knowledge of Ron Paul in middle Ga. He defintley needs ad to run here. It is rich in delegates. There is alot of military here so I don't know if that will hurt his chances here. It's very evangelical here. My city in middle ga. has more churches per square mile than anywhere in the U.S. Huckabee could win here if he's not taken down and Ron doesn't start appealing to more evangelicals.

Derek Johnson
01-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Go door to door, try to quickly ID if they will support Ron. Know the Jefferson / limited govt free market philosophy well....and get their contact info...bring plenty of slim jims and DVDs if you have any!

Be positive, and DONT FORGET THE NURSING HOMES!

Ronin
01-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Go door to door, try to quickly ID if they will support Ron. Know the Jefferson / limited govt free market philosophy well....and get their contact info...bring plenty of slim jims and DVDs if you have any!

Be positive, and DONT FORGET THE NURSING HOMES!

In my area I don't think limited Gov't is going to sell. I'm right outside DC, so the majority up here are big governent democrats who rely on Gov't jobs to pay their mortgage. I'll still give it my best.

jake
01-16-2008, 04:20 PM
hit on: economy, war, IRS

manny
01-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Make sure you get contact info from anyone who seems very interested in Ron and his philosophy, then you might be able to get them to help out since you have so many homes to go to.

I know it's kind of the opposite to the 'net activities but I say go for the old folks. If there's an area where a lot of them live then hit it early. Tell them lots about Ron's character, record, military service, work as a doctor etc. Put things in a tradtional conservative way and the older folks are the easiest sell on Ron's ideas. Plus they do vote in big numbers.

Finally ... have fun!

Lord Xar
01-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Oka.. can someone tell me the reason and the expectation for being a precinct captain?

i was gonna mail literature and some custom things to each person with my number.

What is the goal? To get them to vote in the primary OR to get them on board as delegates etc..

Jobarra
01-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Oka.. can someone tell me the reason and the expectation for being a precinct captain?

i was gonna mail literature and some custom things to each person with my number.

What is the goal? To get them to vote in the primary OR to get them on board as delegates etc..
To get them to vote for Dr. Paul.

BTW, for original poster, my list has 155 pages and 7200+ names :D Oh, and my primary is on Jan 30th. I think a small portion of my list is apartment complexes though, so there's no telling how many people still live there.

bbachtung
01-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Don't forget to target older people since those over 24 are RP's biggest weakness; the young hipsters on the interwebs are generally aware and on board with RP (or Obama). I would prioritize Republican voters over 60.

nc4rp
01-16-2008, 08:26 PM
i have 2500 also. my strategy is:

1.target blocks of houses in high traffic spots in my precinct where i want to put a sign

2. hang custom flyer from rubberband on mailbox, with message of Paul and my own email address for them to contact me to get involved if they are a supporter, if not a supporter then i have a link for Pauls website on the flyer and phone number for them to use or if they want or to request a free DVD from me.

3. people who email me ill ask to put a sign in their yard, and ask them to join me/sign up.