PDA

View Full Version : Is there really a "secret plan?"

ihsv
01-16-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm kind of confused. Some people are saying there's a "Secret plan" that the campaign will launch to propel it upwards, and others are saying there isn't one. Anyone have any hard facts for or against?

edit: Maybe this should be in the "official campaign" thread instead of the grassroots. If so, please move it. Thanks!

RedLightning
01-16-2008, 03:05 PM
I don't think so except maybe to spend the most time on super tuesday and attempt to outlast the other candidates.

TonySutton
01-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Who cares? This is grass roots get out on the street and spread the word!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 03:07 PM
The secret plan is running independent and winning the white house this fall. ;)

JeffersonThomas
01-16-2008, 03:07 PM
LOL...not another secret plan thread!

Kotin
01-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I Love Secret Plans!

FreeTraveler
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't have any secret plans, but I have a secret recipe or two. Does that count?

damon04
01-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Shhh!! you cant say the secret plan above a whisper...

austin356
01-16-2008, 03:27 PM
no secret plan

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 03:28 PM
nevada

RonPaulFTFW
01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
I think it's a combo of spending all our money on super tuesday states, and mirroring what Ronal Regan did in the 80s by slowly building up with the precinct captain movement.

It's secret only in that we shouldn't be yelling about it to tip our hand.

No great surprise though.

lly4now
I remember reading a thread in which the OP said he or she made direct contact with someone in the campaign, and they confirmed there was a "secret plan" or something? Does anyone remember that like 2 weeks ago? Ah, I don't know what to believe anymore.

acptulsa
If we told you we'd have to kill you. Sorry if you have only one life to give for your country...

evadmurd
The secret is here...as many of them as you can handle:

http://www.postsecret.com

Soccrmastr
01-16-2008, 03:31 PM
precinct captains are the secret plans. sign up now!

homah
01-16-2008, 03:32 PM
it's a secret.....

RollOn2day
There is a secret plan but it is so secret....even the people who started it don't know it yet.

homah
shut uuuuuup....

pacelli
01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I remember reading a thread in which the OP said he or she made direct contact with someone in the campaign, and they confirmed there was a "secret plan" or something? Does anyone remember that like 2 weeks ago? Ah, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Ghemminger is the OP you are referring to- do a user post search and see for yourself.

RollOn2day
01-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Ghemminger is the OP you are referring to- do a user post search and see for yourself.

Welcome to the Rabbit Hole

phixion
01-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Ghemminger is a proven liar.

He lied about the "Save Our Generation" commercial and loves to believe he's in an inner-circle of any kind. When in an inner-circle, he would proclaim to those in the inner-circle that he is actually within another circle within the inner-circle.

Regards,

Pete

lly4now
01-16-2008, 03:44 PM

He lied about the "Save Our Generation" commercial and loves to believe he's in an inner-circle of any kind. When in an inner-circle, he would proclaim to those in the inner-circle that he is actually within another circle within the inner-circle.

Eeek. I see...

Taco John
01-16-2008, 03:56 PM

Regards,

Pete

As far as I know, nothing you said there is true. You should back up your posts with links when you slander a guy working as hard for Dr. Paul as Ghemminger is.

Derek Johnson
01-16-2008, 03:58 PM
*looks left, looks right, places finger in front of mouth....shhhhhhh, ush-hay the secret anplay*

Wyurm
01-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Fine, I've been pushed far enough with this. I can't keep my mouth shut on it anymore. Here, you want to know the secret plan? Here it is: http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=492

Now don't say I never told you anything.

Derek Johnson
01-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Fine, I've been pushed far enough with this. I can't keep my mouth shut on it anymore. Here, you want to know the secret plan? Here it is: http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=492

Now don't say I never told you anything.

Yeah, that was Clay who was the Michael Ledeen of the Whig party. He tried like hell to invade Canada...and his protoge Lincoln learned his protectionalist / government program / anti-constitutional bag of tricks very well.

Do you know why do we say: ....one nation, under God, indivisible, with libery and justice for all?

Current plans to invade Canada? Please.

Richandler
01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
There is no money for a secret plan people. The campaign is low on money. Ron asked for 23 million and so far we haven't even got 5% of that. Contrary to some false perception everyone here has, we do not have more money than other campaigns. In fact win people win states, they tend to get a bunch of donors lined up. There is a reason the McCain, Romney and Huckabee can run ads in all these states and it's because they do have money and they are spending it. We on the other hand have seen 20 million being spent on infomercials and such and though, "oh well we're just fine with 20 million," forgeting that fact that 20 million dollars couldn't win you a presidential campaign in the last 30 years.

We are broke. And these money bombs only delay when the campaign gets to spend the money. $850,000 in 15 days unacceptable from a campaign supposedly starting a Revolution.

Wyurm
01-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah, that was Clay who was the Michael Ledeen of the Whig party. He tried like hell to invade Canada...and his protoge Lincoln learned his protectionalist / government program / anti-constitutional bag of tricks very well.

Do you know why do we say: ....one nation, under God, indivisible, with libery and justice for all?

Current plans to invade Canada? Please.

that's exactly how we will win :)

The 'secret plan' is just a silly rumor that was started when everyone got really down on the campaign.

fmontez
01-16-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm kind of confused. Some people are saying there's a "Secret plan" that the campaign will launch to propel it upwards, and others are saying there isn't one. Anyone have any hard facts for or against?

edit: Maybe this should be in the "official campaign" thread instead of the grassroots. If so, please move it. Thanks!

I would guess no. I don't think they expected to get this far, I think the moneybombs floored them, and now they are trying to figure out how they can make $20mil last the entire year... they lack faith that they will raise more money... ironic, the most outgoing candidate is being held back by the most timid staff.

fmontez
01-16-2008, 04:30 PM
There is no money for a secret plan people. The campaign is low on money. Ron asked for 23 million and so far we haven't even got 5% of that. Contrary to some false perception everyone here has, we do not have more money than other campaigns. In fact win people win states, they tend to get a bunch of donors lined up. There is a reason the McCain, Romney and Huckabee can run ads in all these states and it's because they do have money and they are spending it. We on the other hand have seen 20 million being spent on infomercials and such and though, "oh well we're just fine with 20 million," forgeting that fact that 20 million dollars couldn't win you a presidential campaign in the last 30 years.

We are broke. And these money bombs only delay when the campaign gets to spend the money. $850,000 in 15 days unacceptable from a campaign supposedly starting a Revolution.

I agree, and disagree. I think they tried to spread the cash to thin, so they did poorly in Iowa, NH, MI, WY... people in business know you spend money to make money.. if they had blitz'ed Iowa (or maybe Wyoming) they could have done better, and raised even more money. The other candidates will have money to run in Super Tuesday.. Ron Paul may not. RP needs to dump what he has left into NV.. a win there will allow him to raise more money.

seeker1
01-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Eveyone laughed at Huckleberrys money firecracker, but all the so called bombs out there are looking like the same thing.

Without a win in NV, not a third, not a second, we're toast.

acptulsa
01-17-2008, 10:38 AM
It's a two-pronged encirclement. The campaign spreads the money out all over in the oldest-fashioned type of campaigning, reaching out to the Greatest Generation and appealing to their desire to see the Constitution preserved for their grandchildren. We phone bank volunteers are the gears in that machine.

The grass roots blogs the 'net in the newest type of campaigning, reaching out to the kids who would like to try Constitutional freedoms and see if they're as great as their parents claim in their nostalgic moments.

Between them, we encircle and surround the late baby boomers and early Gen. Y types who sold their consciences for a chance to be fat in their middle age. Those who have a shred of conscience left, or who got left out, get converted and "burrow from within."

Now you know. WTF are you doing here, soldier? Sewing seeds of doubt? Preaching to the choir? Time is short--get to it!

crazyfacedjenkins
01-17-2008, 10:44 AM
secret plan is to sign up as precinct captain https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

voytechs
01-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Who cares? This is grass roots get out on the street and spread the word!

LOL! I love your attitude!!

UtahApocalypse
01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
The "Secret Plan" is another one of George and Dj wonderful "I will tell you tomorrow" threads. Most of us here have learned that tomorrow never comes.