PDA

View Full Version : A Message from the trenches

Cawdor
01-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi all,

I realize this is my 1st post but I wanted to interject some news from the front lines here in Nevada

For the last 4 weeks, I have been solo canvassing my precinct (460+ republicans). This has been hard in the midst of the cold weather (I am disabled) and the holidays. What I have to show for this is:

235 of them I have met at their door and talked to ( a little over 50%). This is pretty good since Las Vegas is a 24/7 town with a lot of people working weird hours

Of the 235, I have convinced 20 of them to come to the caucus and vote for me as a delegate.

I have another person in the precinct to run as a Ron Paul delegate as well and am convincing a 3rd to do so as well. (our precinct has 9 delegate slots)

Of the 20, I have have followed up and reconfirmed with 10 that they are still coming .. I will touch base with the other 10 this week

I have handed out 3 lawn signs for these supporters.

I have attended caucus chair training and expect to be the temp caucus chair for my precinct.

I have done some coordination with the local RP HQ but they are focusing on after the election mostly and have given me the supplies I need to complete my task.

My final goal is 24 people for Ron Paul and 3-4 of them to be delegates.

I have some obstacles. There are some big families here for Romney (ie 4-5 registered voters to a house), and I have one of our State senators in my precinct and he is for Thompson. So I don't know how the caucus will go which is why i am trying to get more people.

As for my views, I am realistic about RP's chances and believe more in the message. I would like to see the RP staff coalesce and become a force like the neo-cons were in the 90s and shift the party up and to the right. So we need to look long-term (Reagan was not elected in 76)

I also want to tell those supporters in NV, that you have 3 days... I challenge all RP supporters to knock on 50 doors today, tomorrow, and Friday and make the effort.

We are RP's foot soldiers and we have our orders. The battles at IA, WY, MI and NH are not in our scope and should not impair us as we perform our duties and responsibilities here in NV.

Do your best, be creative,accept my challenge. Move with a sense of purpose so that when all is said an done no one cannot say we did not try.

That is all

Cawdor
Precinct Captain
Las Vegas, NV

jacmicwag
01-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Great post and great work.

morerocklesstalk
Where is your caucus located?

j0ew00ds
Awesome job. You've made us proud. finish strong!

jdmetz
01-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Thank you for all your hard work. :)

colin1
01-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Excellent! A true Hero of the Republic! I salute you.

dsentell
01-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Thank you for the info and all your hard work!!

A true Patriot!!!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Thank You for your hard work and dedication in Nevada!!!

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 03:02 PM
This is how the rEVOLution grows...

Thank you! As soon as I receive my campaign materials I'll be on the streets too!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-16-2008, 03:04 PM
To all those who haven't yet; BECOME A PRECINCT CAPTAIN FOR RON PAUL!

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

Badger Paul
01-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Good work my friend!

break4me
01-16-2008, 03:42 PM
You, sir, are a true American.

Thank you.

ProfNo
01-16-2008, 03:44 PM
It is people like you who make a difference in this election. People who get their boots on the ground.

Young_Apprentice
01-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Awesome job!

Spirit of '76
01-16-2008, 03:53 PM
You

are

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce4Ron
01-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Wow great work and awesome news !

You're efforts and success is greatly appreciated by everyone here !

bbachtung
01-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Thank you, and be sure to let us know if you need help making reminder calls to your canvassed folks the day before and an hour before the caucusing starts.

da32130
01-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi all,

I have been solo canvassing my precinct (460+ republicans).

Of the 20, I have have followed up and reconfirmed with 10 that they are still coming .. I will touch base with the other 10 this week

You've gotten 20 out of 460, thats almost 5%. If turnout is 20% that is 25% for Paul.

However, 20% turnout is what happened in a Primary(although later in the election season I believe).

The media acts as if turnout is only going to be in the 5-10% range. So you would be on track to get 50% of the vote. Wow.

It will be interesting to see what happens(if anyone else shows up).

Great job.

N13
01-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Best first post eva. True Patriot.

ronpauleddy
01-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Are there any leaders from CALI in NV??
Just wondering...they could probably use the help!
I think winning NEVADA is the biggest thing right now!!

UziSprayTF
01-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Good work. Remember though: IT DOES NOT END WITH PAUL.

JustBcuz
01-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi all,

I realize this is my 1st post but I wanted to interject some news from the front lines here in Nevada

For the last 4 weeks, I have been solo canvassing my precinct (460+ republicans). This has been hard in the midst of the cold weather (I am disabled) and the holidays. What I have to show for this is:

235 of them I have met at their door and talked to ( a little over 50%). This is pretty good since Las Vegas is a 24/7 town with a lot of people working weird hours

Of the 235, I have convinced 20 of them to come to the caucus and vote for me as a delegate.

I have another person in the precinct to run as a Ron Paul delegate as well and am convincing a 3rd to do so as well. (our precinct has 9 delegate slots)

I have attended caucus chair training and expect to be the temp caucus chair for my precinct.

I have done some coordination with the local RP HQ but they are focusing on after the election mostly and have given me the supplies I need to complete my task.

I have some obstacles. There are some big families here for Romney (ie 4-5 registered voters to a house), and I have one of our State senators in my precinct and he is for Thompson. So I don't know how the caucus will go which is why i am trying to get more people.

As for my views, I am realistic about RP's chances and believe more in the message. I would like to see the RP staff coalesce and become a force like the neo-cons were in the 90s and shift the party up and to the right. So we need to look long-term (Reagan was not elected in 76)

I also want to tell those supporters in NV, that you have 3 days... I challenge all RP supporters to knock on 50 doors today, tomorrow, and Friday and make the effort.

We are RP's foot soldiers and we have our orders. The battles at IA, WY, MI and NH are not in our scope and should not impair us as we perform our duties and responsibilities here in NV.

Do your best, be creative,accept my challenge. Move with a sense of purpose so that when all is said an done no one cannot say we did not try.

That is all

Cawdor
Precinct Captain
Las Vegas, NV

You sir are a great American!

Sarge
01-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Awesome work. Thank you. Light bulb moment now.

If 999 others get 24 lined up, we would be looking at 24K showing up.

I hope during the short speach someone hits on the 17 year high on inflation news and the Fed printing funny money. ie another rate cut is going to drive up inflation further. Short and hits home.

You might want to consider these comments when hitting the rest of the houses you are going to convert. Dr. Paul is the only one talking about stopping the Fed. It might get them to show up.

Thank you again and let's roll. Good Luck.

bolidew
01-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Thank you Cawdor! You are a warrior.

Iowa4Paul
01-16-2008, 11:39 PM
nice to hear

ord33
01-16-2008, 11:43 PM
This is quite possibly one of the most inspiring and best posts I have seen on here! Gives me hope for my canvassing in TN. So far its going Huckabee, Thompson, then Paul in my little precinct. Making progress I think though!

Thank you very much for your hard work and efforts! Good luck in NV.

terlinguatx
01-16-2008, 11:43 PM

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
01-17-2008, 12:00 AM
<I>I have some obstacles. There are some big families here for Romney (ie 4-5 registered voters to a house</i>

Mormons are very organized!

Joby
01-17-2008, 12:48 AM
You sir are a great American!

I'll second that.

nodope0695
01-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Bumpity bump!

aksmith
01-17-2008, 01:17 AM
Hi all,

That is all

Cawdor
Precinct Captain
Las Vegas, NV

You're doing great work. But I'm at HQ every day and we're not focusing one second of energy on "after the caucus." Let us know if you need anything. You know where we are.

hellah10
01-17-2008, 01:31 AM
thank you very much for your hard work

Ball
01-17-2008, 01:32 AM
I drove here from Oregon (850mi) and have done a couple packets in two days. We basically hit as many doors as possible, fishing for Ron supporters then convince them to caucus or even become a delegate. It's been pretty good thus far. Day 1 I canvassed with one guy in my truck and we got a delegate and perhaps one more. Day 2 I canvassed with two others and we got six supporters and one possible delegate. I wish I could have gotten here earlier, but I'll make the best of the last three days.

The organization is definitely a lot better here than it was in NH. Generally speaking, I think we'll do better in caucuses than in primaries.

Ball
01-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Also, if you can drive here and canvass even for a day, please do. You will make a difference!

Swmorgan77
01-17-2008, 02:25 AM
Hi all,

That is all

Cawdor
Precinct Captain
Las Vegas, NV

If every person who supported Ron Paul did half as much, there's no way we'd lose.

limequat
01-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Great work, this is how we win!

UK4Paul
01-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Excellent work, sir!

crazyfacedjenkins
01-17-2008, 09:52 AM
If every person who supported Ron Paul did half as much, there's no way we'd lose.

I agree.

bucfish
01-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Great Post I wish all the posts were words of encouragement and things WE can all learn from and use for the good of spreading the word!!!