PDA

View Full Version : It's not the amount of ads--it's the QUALITY!

colecrowe
01-16-2008, 02:31 PM
All the people around here that have skills and a desire to do production and that type of stuff, please say so and give details in this thread. And then the people that talk to the Campaign HQ can pass all that information on. This needs to be done extremely quickly--like over the next 2 weeks, in order to be done for the last week or ten days before super tuesday.

Please, please, help me get this message to the campaign! http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/ If we get them to listen and do this, he could win it. If not, it will continue to appear like he is running an amateur campaign for state assemblyman, not POTUS (and like he has no money and more importantly, lacks an amazing message--which is definitely not true).

This seems like the biggest issue about the Campaigning so far that could make or break Ron Paul's chances. The ads suck, and something needs to be done immediately: Great ads need to be produced NOW. There are plenty of skilled people that would spend the time and effort and do it, for very little even. Then these great ads could fill all the slots that have been bought. Scrap all the old ones, except for some of the Jeremiah Black and eLiberty ones--but ones even way better than those COULD be made.

It is awesome that the campaign has bought tons of ad slots for super tuesday states (which seems to be the case, I hope). But they better not use their same ads that they have been. Those are all crappy or just pretty good. Paul needs some amazing ads that get his amazing message out there. Some really stellar, creative, compelling, hard-hitting ads that really, really contrast him with all the other horrible choices out there. The ads cannot be anything like the stuff that is already out. Even the grassroots stuff is just 'good' or even 'really good'--but we need AMAZING. I mean, c'mon: our guy has the most amazing message, the one this country really needs, plus the most amazing record.

And number 1: his name recognition is still horrific, and the amount of people who know anything about his message is dismal. Half of the people out there (likely voters) still have no clue whatsoever who Ron Paul is. There is no name recognition, and even way less understanding of anything he stands for or why we need him so much. Grassroots cannot reach even half of every precint--not in our wildest dreams--never. He needs tons of ads in super tuesday states. But much more importantly, he needs amazing, creative ads with the right message. Every single ad so far sucks or is pretty good. That is insane. For we have the best message and the best man. The ads should reflect that. It needs to change, and that probably means reorganization of staff and new hiring of some great, skilled people--NOW NOW NOW.

So if they just run the same ads, it's over--ten percent guaranteed in every state.

some of you agree with this apparently:

Well maybe some amatuer marketing "pro's" at campaign HQ figure if they get 10% in 10 States, that adds up to 100% and we win! :rolleyes:

HQ needs to contract with the best advertising agency money can buy.

- SL

They need to create adverts that shock and are worth talking about. Worth reporting on.

They need to contain simple analogies for simple Americans to understand. They need to contain facts. Visualised.

Easy to digest warnings over the economy, getting involved in wars..

I can't see it happening. I just can't. For the love of God.

Pete

I did try to address this by personally giving Mr. Paul a letter a couple days ago:

I hand delivered that letter to Ron Paul in Carson City, NV. It was very respectful of course. It just said how we were desperate for a president like him and as a vet of the Iraq war I wanted him to stop the war so more of my buddies don't get killed and maimed in a war that is not in America's interest, and as a husband whose wife has diabetes, the economic and healthcare crises make it so we need him more than anything. Then it said I wished he would do much more than the good old "college try" and instead really set out to win this thing, and hire really effective campaign staff and improve the ads and really address the racism thing.Ok, you can flame away at me. But, really, I wish your letter had said a little bit more than that. The cold hard facts are that this campaign is going no where, really fast. :( But maybe there is nothing that can be done at this point.

It said a ton (relatively). It had a page and a half about how right he is and how much we need him as president. But then it had 2 and a half pages about how he needs to step up the Campaign by hiring better, more professional people. It really criticized the horrible ads and said how there are tons of people who are skilled, motivated, and creative that would work on ads for him. It really criticized the lack of ads focused on war, taxes, civil liberties, and the economy--ESPECIALLY contrast ads with McCain and Obama, (especially bomb bomb Iran, 100 years in Iraq, not out of Iraq 'til 2013, and voting record on Patriot act and taxes). Then it said if he hit these five issues really hard with really awesome ads he could win, because he has the best message, the best record, the best character, the best supporters, and tons of cash:

really get us out of Iraq
and lower taxes
and stop inflation
and solve the debt
and protect civil liberties.

and that message with an amazing campaign staff and great ads will win it for him.

LibertyEagle
01-16-2008, 02:35 PM
If you are wanting to make a constructive criticism of the campaign, there is a stickied thread at the top of this forum, to do just that.

Thanks. :)

colecrowe
01-16-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm trying to get people to say if they want to help make amazing ads. And then to have the "liaisons" to the HQ pass that information on.

JimDude
01-16-2008, 02:46 PM
You are 100% right. A+ 5/5

I believe we need to do what Governor Mike Huckabee did in Iowa. When Mike shot up in the polls there, and got a elephant-load of media coverage, everyone just pointed to the corrupt media. But we never asked why his polls went up. I believe the reason his polls shot up, were not because of media attention, cuz he had none before. It was because of his Television ads. He ran excellent ads featuring Chuck Norris that were not only entertaining, they informed people about Mike Huckabee. Just take a look at youtube. His ads have gotten more views than ours! Way more! and in a shorter amount of time! We also ran ads in Iowa, but its clear they simply weren't on par. We need quality, not quanity! We need to show ads that are entertaining, original and about Ron Paul. We dont need "crap."

There are plenty of good RP ads on youtube created by the grassroots, the HQ either has to step it up, or use them!

colecrowe
01-16-2008, 02:52 PM

I believe we need to do what Governor Mike Huckabee did in Iowa. When Mike shot up in the polls there, and got a elephant-load of media coverage, everyone just pointed to the corrupt media. But we never asked why his polls went up. I believe the reason his polls shot up, were not because of media attention, cuz he had none before. It was because of his Television ads. He ran excellent ads featuring Chuck Norris that were not only entertaining, they informed people about Mike Huckabee. Just take a look at youtube. His ads have gotten more views than ours! Way more! and in a shorter amount of time! We also ran ads in Iowa, but its clear they simply weren't on par. We need quality, not quanity! We need to show ads that are entertaining, original and about Ron Paul. We dont need "crap."

There are plenty of good RP ads on youtube created by the grassroots, the HQ either has to step it up, or use them!

And the amazing thing about this is that we have had more money and more supporters I'm sure that are skilled and motivated and willing to create amazing ads. It's so frustrating.

Jon4Ron
01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
I think many of us have been discouraged to see what is not taking place. Quality strategically placed adds would also have some good blowback, in that they energize everyone and they bring in more donations from new supporters. I hope they do not have this mentality that Grassroots is this awesome force that will just take care of everything. We need synergy with HQ and that means placing smart (amazing) adds on TV.

colecrowe
01-16-2008, 04:13 PM

What can we do about it?

What do the people that get to talk to HQ have to say?

rollingpig
01-16-2008, 04:15 PM
totally agree on this one

Benphranks
01-16-2008, 06:18 PM
agreed

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 06:29 PM
We need better ads. Our ads have been a complete disgrace.

Mark
01-16-2008, 11:38 PM
bump for talent

wowabunga
01-17-2008, 02:18 AM
You've asked for opinions and here's a biggie; I've taken the time to type out mine and I would ask that you take the time to read about an idea who's time has come.

As a student of the internet since 1996 it would be correct to say "I'm well in over my ears" in that gold rush race seeking to carve out that next illustrious "niche audience". I've contributed where ever I've laid my hat, at magazines, newspapers, printers and ad agencies.... be it a blessing or a curse, that was back in the days when the public at large had a mere 10 to 12 local channels on TV and cable was just a kid.

As I type on this keyboard tonight, the old media such as radio, print and tv is losing ground to the web at breathtaking speed.. a quote from money.cnn.com tells us.... "Today 71 percent of American households have Web access; Americans ages 13 to 24 now spend more time online than they do in front of the TV." Personally I think we should spend less on main stream media purchases and plow those monies into any and all respectable GRASS ROOTS efforts. The revolutionship is our most unique selling point, so keep the iron hot and the battles local for now, and WIN these battles. The old prayer says "Lord let me pick my battles small enough to win, and large enough to matter."

I've written a real gem of a TV advertisement but hesitate to bring it up for discussion as my gut tells me there are more immediate pending needs. For the challenge at hand, I've been a "boots on the ground" Ron Paul supporter giving weeks and weeks of my time on the front lines and have felt the heat, and the battle has been and will continue to be substantial. Will the large media companies cut us some slack... why should they... right now their plan ( sometimes sloppy and trite ) is winning. Jump up and down all you want but you can't paint this race as rose colored and what... New Hampshire was a huge defeat. Apathy won big and Freedom lost. Ouch.

The past few days here on these boards I've been pushing hard for a grass roots effort/idea who's time I feel has come. In Iowa we were informed that we won several counties because "the boots" had been on the ground since Spring, holding public gatherings, showing up at local farmers markets and doing it the old school way... "one on one" campaigning. Ok it's drum roll time...! I want my country back and here's how I think we can start getting it back in quick fashion; as soon as logistically possible lets propose we take some of the cash on hand and buy multiple campaign buses. One for Ron Paul... 4 more for us the grass roots. 3 grass roots campaign buses might be marked on the back side with a wavy banner proclaiming "We The People" and might be christened "West Coast, Midwest, and East Coast".

As strong as our grass roots has been we still lack a headquarters and a staff to help organize and harness all this energy. Threads such as this one is good for the cause. There has been so much chatter here in the "Bee Hive" I wonder if what I'm adding here has been written before, written in duplicate, digested and recommended or just plain lost in the abyss.... wow there's a lot to read here each day... and yes I love it all...

Back to business: George Washington's HQ, just like any good general, had his tent on the edge of the action. If I could have one wish.... just one acknowledgement for all my hard work on this campaign... please please please DO NOT put our "Grass Roots HQ" in some office building complex somewhere between here and there.... PUT OUR GRASS ROOTS HQ ON WHEELS. A Grass Roots HQ bus would shadow the main Ron Paul bus and would arrive ahead of time and get the local meetup groups "lined up and in formation" per say.

3 regional buses labeled East Coast, West Coast, and MidWest would travel endlessly training and then educating the public, using local faces at each stop. Each bus should have a countdown clock of the national debt spiraling out of control hung on the exterior. Always park the buses smack dab next to the buses of the competition. Pay the bus drivers a bonus each time they manage to wiggle their way into a good "parking spot/photo op".

Ron Paul needs a campaign bus with a wavy banner on back reads "Peace and Prosperity" Grass Roots buses have wavy banners on back that read "We The People" Can you see this ? Can you see the grass roots bus pull into town a day before the HQ bus and set up in a mall parking lot, unfold a awning and set up a few kiosks. Keep the cargo bays packed with fliers stickers and signs. Equip all buses with Motosat portable internet gear, have a room on board for meetings and training. Use local faces to staff the kiosks.

McCain had 500 appearances in New Hampshire and Paul less than 100 appearances... who's bad is that ? My 2 Cents... that I will not stop pushing for till I see it with mine own eyes. A little voice keeps saying to me... please don't give all our donated advertising/promotional funds to the networks, they are the same folks who are cheering for our demise.

Lots of room here for some free PR via photos from local papers. CNN was in town a few weeks covering Rudy. The CNN bus parked out back of the hotel, the staff washed and waxed that thing (dead of winter and road salt hell) and by golly that bus sparkled when they pulled it around to the front of the hotel...!

Peace and Joy,
Ramblin Randy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y5E7Qk9Fa9c

whattheschmidt
01-17-2008, 02:40 AM
Here's my idea for an ad that would reach a large percentage of voters who vote very low percentage wise for Ron Paul.

To address the financial crisis we will be in very soon with the way the government spends. Baby boomers are retiring soon and there won't be enough money for social security and medicaid...etc

That's what I want to see an ad about. OUR ECONOMY IS IN BIG TROUBLE, WE CAN'T KEEP SPENDING LIKE THIS!!!!

this will really reach the prime age of voters that we need it to I believe.

wowabunga
01-17-2008, 08:02 AM
Baby boomers are retiring soon and there won't be enough money for social security and medicaid...etc

Storks... use lots of them..!

Ever see that great commercial where a gal is just minding her business and in to the office walks a stork. Everyone in the office quickly moves to get away from the bird, all the women show a mild panic on their faces, one by one the stork darts here and there looking for someone specific. At the end one woman is confronted and the stork literally chases her down with the implicating news she's pregnant.

Snow birds.... make a tie-in...!

Ramblin Randy
Ron Paul came here to chew gum and kick some ass.... and he's out of gum.