PDA

View Full Version : Constitution Party Wants RP!

M123star
01-16-2008, 02:30 PM
The fastest-growing and largest third party based on voter registrations(Ballot Access News) has drafted a resolution asking Dr. Paul to consider a run as Constitution Party (www.constitutionparty.com) candidate if he does not get the GOP nomination.

The LP's(open borders) position on immigration has caused many former Libertarians to jump ship to the (secure borders) Constitution Party.

While Dr Paul has filed to run for re-election to Congress in Texas, we are hopeful the momentum built by the RP campaign will move forward with a 3rd party candidacy.

Huckabee is a threat, even though he's no Ron Paul!(http://www.newswithviews.com/Mary/starrett78.htm)

Sincerely,
Mary Starrett
Communications Director, Constitution Party

A. Havnes
01-16-2008, 02:36 PM
This would be great if he doesn't get the nomination, although I hope it doesn't come to that.

dsentell
01-16-2008, 02:39 PM
If RP does not get the nomination, I would love to see him run with the Constitution Party!

tommyzDad
01-16-2008, 02:51 PM
If RP does not get the nomination, I would love to see him run with the Constitution Party!

Oh, hell yeah!!!
Stealing someone else's response:
+ 1776!!!!! :cool:

axiomata
01-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks for posting.

The Libertarian party has made similar offers (http://www.lp.org/media/article_545.shtml) to Ron Paul. I think right now Paul's answer to you would be the same as his to the Libertarians. Basically, I'm running as a Republican until I am not.

That said, should Ron Paul not win the Republican nomination would the Constitution Party accept some of the libertine atheists that have rallied around Paul? Likewise, would the Libertarian Party accept the paleocons and fiercely pro-live evangelical Christians who have rallied around him?'

I do hope that the answer to both these questions is yes, and I hope a fusion of the two parties would be possible.

colecrowe
01-16-2008, 03:04 PM
stupid poll--those aren't the only choices; what the heck. Paul should only consider going independent, I think. The party labels will ensure he gets no more than 10 percent--especially libertarian--that would ensure disaster. Constitution party, MAYBE 15%. But if he goes independent, especially if running against Hillary, he could win.

The Lantern
01-16-2008, 03:23 PM
stupid poll--those aren't the only choices; what the heck. Paul should only consider going independent, I think. The party labels will ensure he gets no more than 10 percent--especially libertarian--that would ensure disaster. Constitution party, MAYBE 15%. But if he goes independent, especially if running against Hillary, he could win.

The problem with going independent is ballot access. Libertarians and Constitutionalists have ballot access already. I think that it would take too much time and deplete resources to run as an independent.

neil
01-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Well said Axiomata.

Original_Intent
01-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Thanks for posting.

The Libertarian party has made similar offers (http://www.lp.org/media/article_545.shtml) to Ron Paul. I think right now Paul's answer to you would be the same as his to the Libertarians. Basically, I'm running as a Republican until I am not.

That said, should Ron Paul not win the Republican nomination would the Constitution Party accept some of the libertine atheists that have rallied around Paul? Likewise, would the Libertarian Party accept the paleocons and fiercely pro-live evangelical Christians who have rallied around him?'

I do hope that the answer to both these questions is yes, and I hope a fusion of the two parties would be possible.

I don't think any of us on the religious side have any problem with the atheists. I certainly don't. I ahve plenty of friends IRL who are atheists, and there are a number on these forums that I deeply respect, and I think we can very well join forces behind Ron Paul and do great things.

The atheists that I have a problem with are the militants who constantly attack and ridicule the religious beliefs of others. I have seen no similar attack by the religious against the non-believers, but there are several atheists who will not let an opportunity pass to comment that anyone that could believe in (God, Jesus, ressurection, etc) is a complete moron. This kind of divisive non-issue is exactly what has kept the LP as a non-player in the political landscape, (and in all fairness the CP goes too far in the other direction trying to blend religious and political beliefs).

jgmaynard
01-16-2008, 04:26 PM
I have no problem with the religious folk, but "I have seen no similar attack by the religious against the non-believers"? C'MON! I could find dozens of such threads on here - Remember the one recently where some person wrote that atheists derive their rights from government? There's been nasty things said on both sides of that divide, mostly, IMO, by trolls and plants trying to divide us.
That said, I don't care if Ron is running as the Republican, LP, CP, Independent or as a member of the Bull Moose Party - I'm working for, donating to, and voting for him.

JM

tfelice
01-16-2008, 04:37 PM
At best Paul will get 2% nationally as third party candidate. The CP has a great platform, which I fully support, but should spend it's time and money concentrating on Congressional races, state legislature seats and other offices where they would actually have a chance of contending. Running national campaigns at this stage is a waste of valuable resources that could be used at the local level. I hope the CP changes their strategy and doesn't continue to make the same mistakes that have doomed the LP to a perennial fringe status.

Naraku
01-16-2008, 04:43 PM
I think it would be awesome to see the Libertarian, Constitution, and Reform Party pull together behind Ron Paul. With huge defections from the anti-war left and libertarian Republicans Ron Paul could make a huge splash as a third party, especially if Hillary is running because we could draw in Obama supporters newly ambitious about politics.

Menthol Patch
01-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Screw the constitution party! The constitution party does not believe in freedom! They seek to keep drugs illegal, tell people how to live their lives, and force morals on others!

nate895
01-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Screw the constitution party! The constitution party does not believe in freedom! They seek to keep drugs illegal, tell people how to live their lives, and force morals on others!

On the state level they desire some of those things, but if you don't live in a state that is socially conservative, it doesn't matter.

Matt Collins
01-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Ron should run for Senate!

princessredtights
01-17-2008, 01:10 AM
The fastest-growing and largest third party based on voter registrations(Ballot Access News) has drafted a resolution asking Dr. Paul to consider a run as Constitution Party (www.constitutionparty.com) candidate if he does not get the GOP nomination.

The LP's(open borders) position on immigration has caused many former Libertarians to jump ship to the (secure borders) Constitution Party.

While Dr Paul has filed to run for re-election to Congress in Texas, we are hopeful the momentum built by the RP campaign will move forward with a 3rd party candidacy.

Huckabee is a threat, even though he's no Ron Paul!(http://www.newswithviews.com/Mary/starrett78.htm)

Sincerely,
Mary Starrett
Communications Director, Constitution Party

I would love that ... I've been to a few meetings with the local Constitution party and they seem to ADORE RP -

TwiLeXia
01-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Constitution Party simply sounds better than Libertarian party. Libertarian sounds too much like liberal.

Constitution - restore it - that makes more sense. As long as the Constitution's party is in line with Dr. Paul's positions, I'm perfectly happy with that.

RoyalTenenbaum
01-17-2008, 04:09 AM
Wouldn't Paul be barred from the ballot in some states because he ran in their primaries as a Republican?

Xenophage
01-17-2008, 07:57 AM
The Constitution Party is no place for someone who believes in liberty and limited government for secular reasons, and that includes a great many Ron Paul supporters.

iQuotient
01-17-2008, 08:10 AM
I am voting for Ron Paul in the fall. It doesn't matter if he is running, it doesn't matter if he has any party support. I would rather see him go without after seeinghow the parties blackmailed their members to vote for the PATRIOT ACT without reading it. You are responsible for any action or inaction you take. You. If Satan and Judas were the only ones running, would you do nothing?

axiomata
01-17-2008, 12:35 PM
The Constitution Party is no place for someone who believes in liberty and limited government for secular reasons, and that includes a great many Ron Paul supporters.

Why does a secular or faith-based reasoning process matter if both methods come to the same conclusion? Personally, I have analyzed it both ways and found them both to come to the same liberty and limited government answer.

Tidewise
01-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Libertarian+Constitutional+Reform+The America First Party+Independence Party = Dr. RP FTW