PDA

View Full Version : We moan about the Media, but why hasn't RP addressed this publicly?

thegr8drronpaul
01-16-2008, 02:28 PM
We all know what is going on with the media, but don't you think Ron needs to address this in public aggressively? He touched on it on Leno, but he was just so passive. I'm not complaining, but honestly, do you feel that he should address this and does he not because he doesn't want to look like a whiner?

Try and respond with serious posts please. The reason I ask this is because this morning I was talking to my dad about the whole thing. I have forwarded him the AP article where RP's name was omitted (saying he hadn't come through Michigan). This morning I forwarded him the screenshot of the NYTIMES where Paul doesn't even appear in the Election chart. This morning I read someone's post that on CNN some reporter said that Fred got 4th in Mi (although I didn't see this first hand.) My dad totally agrees with me and has come to see that the media has it out for RP, but he just kept asking me "why hasn't he publicly called them out on these things??"

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 02:30 PM
This is an excellent question and I wish I knew the answer. If I may speculate maybe the campaign really is counting on a win in Nevada to give the justification for Ron Paul to come out and say "I can win, I have won, and I will keep winning"

If he did this to soon he would just be dismissed and ignored some more.

thegr8drronpaul
01-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks William. I definitely see the purpose of not doing it too soon, but I feel like now is the right time, at least for people like my dad. My dad is ultra conservative. He hasn't come out and said that he won't vote for Paul because 'he can't win'. But I know that's what he's thinking. He likes Paul, feels sorry for the neglect and disrespect, but feels that he is weak for not standing out against it.

Taco John
01-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Because it would sink him.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Might as well not, and try and create news on your own.

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 02:37 PM

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Might as well not, and try and create news on your own.

You the man Taco John! I remember the interview you did!

Sey.Naci
01-16-2008, 02:40 PM

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Might as well not, and try and create news on your own.This. And you can catch more flies with honey than with a fly swatter.

Molly1
01-16-2008, 02:40 PM
We have to tell the people we know what is going on.

It opens their eyes.

Dennis K. is receiving the same treatment, and he has called them out to no avail. He's not even being invited to debates anymore.

But, the media exposes itself. Tell everyone you know and the scales will fall from their eyes.

Nobody likes to be manipulated.

Derek Johnson
01-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Ron is doing fine, we need to bust our asses...even more!

NoLimit
01-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Don't tell that to Jack Cafferty

NoxTwilight
01-16-2008, 02:52 PM
My answer to "he can't win so I won't vote for him" is that if we had a vote for every person who said that .. WE WOULD HAVE WON ALREADY!

What the hell is the matter with people!?!??!

I know the answer to this, it still upsets me to no end. That most people just stand by scratching their heads or shrugging, if they notice anything at all. What really burns me is the people that KNOW better, that know what is going on and still will just let them continue to take over our county, not even TRY.

I face the fact that humans are selfish, lazy, greedy sheep for the most part. I am not immune or any better but at least I try to rise above, try to be more. This is also why I say "Well I am not giving up and I will fight for all you sheep while you go about your daily life grazing away. I will pull my hair our and work my butt off for you while you are happily and blissfully unaware."

Sorry I am starting to get mad and scared again. There is so much we have to fight against.

*sigh*

Dlynne
01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
My dad totally agrees with me and has come to see that the media has it out for RP, but he just kept asking me "why hasn't he publicly called them out on these things??"

What difference does it make if RP calls the media out on it, but the media doesn't cover it? It's a vicious cycle.