PDA

View Full Version : Fred's not raising the big bucks

Bradley in DC
07-26-2007, 09:59 AM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/07/26/thompson_fundraising_not_meeting_expectations.html

A footnote: It's now expected that Thompson will formally announce his presidential candidacy on September 4th in Nashville, "with Thompson possibly heading to South Carolina (if time permits) and then to New Hampshire for the September 5th GOP debate."

Bradley in DC
07-26-2007, 10:00 AM
More here
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/25/289502.aspx

and here

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/7/26/102038/750

DONATE, DONATE, DONATE!!!

freelance
07-26-2007, 10:20 AM
"The Friends of Fred, Inc." will report to the IRS its revenue by July 31st. Sources reveal to NBC News that number will be in the range of about $3 million.

Everyone knows he's running, and he's only raised $3 million? I'm really surprised.

Bradley in DC
07-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Everyone knows he's running, and he's only raised $3 million? I'm really surprised.

So Dr. Paul may have raised more money that Fred (and Fred is probably already spending more than Dr. Paul!).

freelance
07-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes, exactly! I can't wait to see the third-quarter reports--especially the cash on hand and debts. Wonder how much of his own money Fred will have to use?

angelatc
07-26-2007, 10:40 AM
I don't believe this for a second.

I believe that Fred's wife leaked an insanely small number so when he announces the big bucks it will get buzz.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I find it hard to believe too. I have seen a ton of people on TownHall who claimed, and I believe them, that they were sending their money to Fred. But, they may be waiting until after he declares his candidacy to donate.

Bradley in DC
07-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Apparently, because of problems with the Mrs., the fundraising efforts were "frozen" which can't help.

freelance
07-26-2007, 11:30 AM
You know what? I don't care how much money the "selected" candidates raise. It's all a show. Hillary is supposed to carry the torch in the relay for the Bush/Clintons. All of the frontrunners know that they're not supposed to win. It would wreck the dynasty. They're placeholders until Jeb can run. I really believe he would have run if his brother hadn't sullied the name.

The ONLY wild card in this race is Ron Paul, and he's giving them all indigestion. You've gotta love it.

angelatc
07-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Apparently, because of problems with the Mrs., the fundraising efforts were "frozen" which can't help.

Problems with the Mrs? C'mon - does anybody really think that lazy ol' Fred would run his own campaign?

Bradley in DC
07-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Problems with the Mrs? C'mon - does anybody really think that lazy ol' Fred would run his own campaign?

No, but they thought one of his first three (non)campaign managers might have. They have more staffing problems than McCain!

rg123
07-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Fred doesn't have to raise money everyday the msm tells me all day that he is Jesus and a true conservative who will lead me to the promised land. Gosh I hate Fred and the neocons cspan is going to have him on all week next week several times in fact every place he goes.

MsDoodahs
07-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Fred doesn't have to raise money everyday the msm tells me all day that he is Jesus and a true conservative who will lead me to the promised land.

You cracked me up...

ChooseLiberty
07-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Actually, his wife will be pointing the way with her silicon chest indicators.

Fred doesn't have to raise money everyday the msm tells me all day that he is Jesus and a true conservative who will lead me to the promised land. Gosh I hate Fred and the neocons cspan is going to have him on all week next week several times in fact every place he goes.

Mesogen
07-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm in the Nashville meetup group. Sept. 4th is a ways off, but I'll see if we can't attend that public announcement with some Ron Paul signs.

scrosnoe
07-26-2007, 11:34 PM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/07/26/thompson_fundraising_not_meeting_expectations.html

A footnote: It's now expected that Thompson will formally announce his presidential candidacy on September 4th in Nashville, "with Thompson possibly heading to South Carolina (if time permits) and then to New Hampshire for the September 5th GOP debate."

yes Fred has a lot of problems, but his delayed announcement gives us an opportunity to develop some momentum. We need to use this window well because getting endorsements and people on board is easier now than it will be later. Solidify your forces and get them grounded and operational ASAP.

I would just suggest that Fred may not be their candidate and is in fact a trial balloon that is not fairing as well as anticipated. The actual globalist candidate and annointed darling may be Gingrich, who is waiting in the wings anxiously awaiting the call.

now wouldn't that be a grand rematch for Dr. Paul . . .
(see NYT article for history if you don't understand this comment)

Tim724
07-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Fred Thompson had a short interview by Hannity on H&C yesterday (7/26). He was very arrogant. Sean asked him to address the criticism that, as a lobbyist, he promoted some dubious people and some questionable causes. Fred seriously said "I would rather not address those issues." (Of course, Hannity obediently obliged this blatant dodgyness with no followup to Thompsons reticence.)

It seems to me that Thompson has been VERY arrogant, acting as if he can stay above the fray by saying very little about anything. I think Brownback was right when he said Thompson is trying to play this "mighty mouse" card. This strategy will not hold water over the long term.

While the MSM is making a lot of hay about Thompson, it seems to me that he has no issues to run on, a closet full of skeletons, and little charisma. The Thompson story seems to have the makings of a Howard Dean-like escapade where the media over plays the public's interest in a candidate and the candidacy ends up abruptly fizzling.

Ironically, some of the media have been trying to liken Ron Paul's grassfire momentum to Howard Dean's experience. The only real similarity I can see is the use of the internet.
Given the pervasiveness of internet, lumping these two candidates together is about as arbitrary as saying Ron Paul's campaign has the makings of the Bill Clinton campaign because both candidates appear(ed) on TV...they are "TV candidates."

With Howard Dean, there were a few bloggers excited about him (when bloggers were few) and the MSM overplayed that. In 2007/2008 we are in the Web 2.0 age, where everybody is a blogger of sorts. There is a groundswell of Paul support among the masses on the internet (now the masses are actually represented on the internet). One of the major challenges the Ron Paul campaign struggles with is getting media coverage that is proportionate to the number of passionate supporters that they have--the exact opposite situation of Dean's.

Just my 2 cents.

angelatc
07-27-2007, 11:47 AM
No, but they thought one of his first three (non)campaign managers might have (thought the Mrs was not running the campaign). They have more staffing problems than McCain!

Unles they're under the age of 25, it's stupid to think that she's *not*going to be running the campaign.

Although it does appear that she might not be very good at it. :D

Shades of Nancy Reagan come to mind.

Texan4Life
07-27-2007, 01:03 PM
I believe that Fred's wife leaked an insanely small number so when he announces the big bucks it will get buzz.

I agree.

freelance
07-27-2007, 01:16 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think you guys are right. Fred could probably raise $3M in Nashville in one night if he wanted to.

Bro.Butch
07-28-2007, 02:02 AM
Please repost this link to all of your other conservative ^ republican groups and help get this message out and get them talking about this. THX

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/2007/07/jihad_fred_fred.html

If the msm won't raise the questions among the warmongers we MUST !!!

I don't think Fred will be around on election day 09. Have any of you looked closely @ the man. The cancer sure could be back...

Representing all of MSM Softball Mathews laughed friday and told a guest he could tell her who the Dem nominee would be...(they all know already-don't you know?)

It will be "their" candidate...

yes Fred has a lot of problems, but his delayed announcement gives us an opportunity to develop some momentum. We need to use this window well because getting endorsements and people on board is easier now than it will be later. Solidify your forces and get them grounded and operational ASAP.

I would just suggest that Fred may not be their candidate and is in fact a trial balloon that is not fairing as well as anticipated. The actual globalist candidate and annointed darling may be Gingrich, who is waiting in the wings anxiously awaiting the call.

now wouldn't that be a grand rematch for Dr. Paul . . .
(see NYT article for history if you don't understand this comment)