PDA

View Full Version : eLIB3RTY SaveOurGeneration Commercial ready for Broadcast

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 01:52 PM
This may be our last hope to Save Our Generation - Billionaire Needed!

Started a Single Donor Chip - In Page, Not sure if we'll use it - http://ghemminger30secad.chipin.com/30-sec-tv-ad

code:
<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/9ecdb4b5cac4e3e3"></param><param">http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/9ecdb4b5cac4e3e3"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/9ecdb4b5cac4e3e3" flashVars="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed></object>

We have produced this Ron Paul commercial because of our belief that only real change at the highest levels of government will solve the pressing problems facing America today. And Ron Paul is the only candidate for President that represents real change.

To spread the word about the good things Ron Paul is doing and his stand on the issues it is going to take a real financial commitment. Unfortunately, Federal campaign laws hinder grassroots organizations from raising money from more than one individual.

That is why we are hoping that one major donor will step forward to fund an effort to get this commercial on the air in as many major media markets as possible.

This full HD commercial has been produced adhering to the very strict Federal Election Commission guidelines, and is ready for broadcast.

Here's the commercial ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHLXMwWZSfU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHLXMwWZSfU)

If you would like to help to bring real change please visit our website.

www.SaveOurGeneration.com (http://www.SaveOurGeneration.com)

You can pm or contact me for more information

As some of you know, I've been working the last month or so very feverishly on a Ron Paul broadcast commercial to raise awareness for the primaries and the message. We shot it here in Los Angeles right before the Christmas holidays.

Our original plan was to have a website where all of the Ron Paul supporters could send us donations to buy the airtime for the commercial. After many rounds of going back and forth with lawyers, we discovered that the FEC does not look too kindly on such a venture. In fact, while it is perfectly legal for ONE person to set up a PAC to air a commercial, within 30 days of the primary elections, taking donations from MULTIPLE people to broadcast a commercial is somehow viewed as a "conspiracy" undermining the integrity of elections.

So much for the First Amendment!

Working with a political firm, we've priced the media buy in a variety of markets, for wide options of broadcasting the commercial. Our full HD commercial has been produced adhering to the very strict FEC guidelines and is ready for broadcast.

Just a few weeks ago, during the Thanksgiving holidays, Larry Lepard, made an incredibly generous donation by purchasing a full page ad for Ron Paul on the USA Today paper. It seems angels do exist.

So we're not giving up. We're still posting the commercial, and maybe we'll find one person willing to make a very generous donation to progress the very important ideas of freedom, liberty, and peace.

All my personal donations from the chip in will go to air time or production costs - thank you

Bilgefisher
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
This is the best Ron Paul ad I have seen. Where can we donate to get it on the airwaves? I see no chipin.

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Bump for Liberty

Dave Wood
01-16-2008, 01:57 PM
This has to get going now. It should played throughout CA at the very minimum. Get on it George.

People keep this bumped.

Do we have any
friends of Ron Paul who might be really angry because of the writers situation? That seems lik it would be a good market to target to pick up a bunch of votes.....those people must be Pissed.

Agent CSL
01-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Seconded. Best RP ad I've ever seen.

Good luck with getting it on the air.

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 01:58 PM
This has to get going now. It should played throughout CA at the very minimum. Get on it George.

People keep this bumped.

Do we have any
friends of Ron Paul who might be really angry because of the writers situation? That seems lik it would be a good market to target to pick up a bunch of votes.....those people must be Pissed.

We are sending this out - hopefully goes viral in the next two days and we flush out financial support

greendiseaser
01-16-2008, 02:00 PM
bump.
this one makes me sob a little.
:D

sgrooms
01-16-2008, 02:01 PM
where can we donate?

Bilgefisher
01-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Can we donate to get this video out???

angrydragon
01-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Where are you going to find a major donor?

Good luck!!

thegr8drronpaul
01-16-2008, 02:05 PM
how much are you looking to raise?

Bilgefisher
01-16-2008, 02:05 PM
bump

phixion
01-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Isn't this the video you claimed you had secret knowledge about and you also claimed was an official Ron Paul campaign funded video? I remember you made a big fuss about it.

Looks like it's turning out it's got nothing to do with the campaign and you're caught in your web of lies........... ?

To be honest, I'm disappointed that this advert wasn't part of the official campaign, because it's a great advert and I had high hopes that the RP campaign had actually contracted eliberty for the tv blitz that's being rumored. I doubt they'll make waves with the shitty adverts they've been putting out.

Pete

Kotin
01-16-2008, 02:06 PM
it is so good, how can we donate?

IRO-bot
01-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Isn't this the video you claimed you had secret knowledge about and you also claimed was an official Ron Paul campaign funded video? I remember you made a big fuss about it.

Looks like it's turning out it's got nothing to do with the campaign and you're caught in your web of lies........... ?

To be honest, I'm disappointed that this advert wasn't part of the official campaign, because it's a great advert and I had high hopes that the RP campaign had actually contracted eliberty for the tv blitz that's being rumored. I doubt they'll make waves with the shitty adverts they've been putting out.

Pete

QFT

Dave Wood
01-16-2008, 02:09 PM
George, can you get the mods, or someone to setup a widget with a GOAL? I dont know how to do this.

I think this is the kind of thing we can rally behind right now.

RonPaulFTFW
01-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Why are we donating... we should sending this to the campaign to put out on the air.

AlexMerced
01-16-2008, 02:12 PM
yeah, George have you asked them this during your conference calls?

JeffersonThomas
01-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Why are we donating... we should sending this to the campaign to put out on the air.

yeah, why can't the campaign just buy the commercial & finance it?

extrmmxer
01-16-2008, 02:14 PM

Yeah, let the campaign put it on the air. Then we just continue to donate to the campaign. Best way to do it.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-16-2008, 02:15 PM
I guess everyone's different. I think it's average at best. Nothing grabs me at all. Not eLIB3RTY's best work by a long shot...

Dave Wood
01-16-2008, 02:15 PM
yeah, why can't the campaign just buy the commercial & finance it?

Question:

A this point in time with the current leadership at hqs, do you really want to trust them with something like this????

Dave Wood
01-16-2008, 02:17 PM
I guess everyone's different. I think it's average at best. Nothing grabs me at all. Not eLIB3RTY's best work by a long shot...

What other commercial do you recommend and for what markets? Speak up. Lets pick the BEST.

JeffersonThomas
01-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Question:

A this point in time with the current leadership at hqs, do you really want to trust them with something like this????

Answer:
If I'm going to vote to trust Ron with my country, I'm definitely okay with trusting him with a commercial. :) Also, it's the easiest way to finance the commercial...not to mention the commercial is already done. There isn't much HQ or anybody could screw up with this.

angrydragon
01-16-2008, 02:20 PM
It's a heck of a lot better than what the campaign is putting out.

rpfan2008
01-16-2008, 02:27 PM
bump

AlexMerced
01-16-2008, 02:45 PM
relying on the campaign is like relying on central government, not a good idea

colecrowe
01-16-2008, 02:54 PM

Pete

If you want great ads, would you visit this thread and tell us if you know how to make them:http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=976977

All the people around here that have skills and a desire to do production and that type of stuff, please say so and give details in this thread. And then the people that talk to the Campaign HQ can pass all that information on. This needs to be done extremely quickly--like over the next 2 weeks, in order to be done for the last week or ten days before super tuesday.

Please, please, help me get this message to the campaign! http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/ If we get them to listen and do this, he could win it. If not, it will continue to appear like he is running an amateur campaign for state assemblyman, not POTUS (and like he has no money and more importantly, lacks an amazing message--which is definitely not true).

This seems like the biggest issue about the Campaigning so far that could make or break Ron Paul's chances. The ads suck, and something needs to be done immediately: Great ads need to be produced NOW. There are plenty of skilled people that would spend the time and effort and do it, for very little even. Then these great ads could fill all the slots that have been bought. Scrap all the old ones, except for some of the Jeremiah Black and eLiberty ones--but ones even way better than those COULD be made.

It is awesome that the campaign has bought tons of ad slots for super tuesday states (which seems to be the case, I hope). But they better not use their same ads that they have been. Those are all crappy or just pretty good. Paul needs some amazing ads that get his amazing message out there. Some really stellar, creative, compelling, hard-hitting ads that really, really contrast him with all the other horrible choices out there. The ads cannot be anything like the stuff that is already out. Even the grassroots stuff is just 'good' or even 'really good'--but we need AMAZING. I mean, c'mon: our guy has the most amazing message, the one this country really needs, plus the most amazing record.

And number 1: his name recognition is still horrific, and the amount of people who know anything about his message is dismal. Half of the people out there (likely voters) still have no clue whatsoever who Ron Paul is. There is no name recognition, and even way less understanding of anything he stands for or why we need him so much. Grassroots cannot reach even half of every precint--not in our wildest dreams--never. He needs tons of ads in super tuesday states. But much more importantly, he needs amazing, creative ads with the right message. Every single ad so far sucks or is pretty good. That is insane. For we have the best message and the best man. The ads should reflect that. It needs to change, and that probably means reorganization of staff and new hiring of some great, skilled people--NOW NOW NOW.

So if they just run the same ads, it's over--ten percent guaranteed in every state.

some of you agree with this apparently:

Well maybe some amatuer marketing "pro's" at campaign HQ figure if they get 10% in 10 States, that adds up to 100% and we win! :rolleyes:

HQ needs to contract with the best advertising agency money can buy.

- SL

They need to create adverts that shock and are worth talking about. Worth reporting on.

They need to contain simple analogies for simple Americans to understand. They need to contain facts. Visualised.

Easy to digest warnings over the economy, getting involved in wars..

I can't see it happening. I just can't. For the love of God.

Pete

I did try to address this by personally giving Mr. Paul a letter a couple days ago:

I hand delivered that letter to Ron Paul in Carson City, NV. It was very respectful of course. It just said how we were desperate for a president like him and as a vet of the Iraq war I wanted him to stop the war so more of my buddies don't get killed and maimed in a war that is not in America's interest, and as a husband whose wife has diabetes, the economic and healthcare crises make it so we need him more than anything. Then it said I wished he would do much more than the good old "college try" and instead really set out to win this thing, and hire really effective campaign staff and improve the ads and really address the racism thing.Ok, you can flame away at me. But, really, I wish your letter had said a little bit more than that. The cold hard facts are that this campaign is going no where, really fast. :( But maybe there is nothing that can be done at this point.

It said a ton (relatively). It had a page and a half about how right he is and how much we need him as president. But then it had 2 and a half pages about how he needs to step up the Campaign by hiring better, more professional people. It really criticized the horrible ads and said how there are tons of people who are skilled, motivated, and creative that would work on ads for him. It really criticized the lack of ads focused on war, taxes, civil liberties, and the economy--ESPECIALLY contrast ads with McCain and Obama, (especially bomb bomb Iran, 100 years in Iraq, not out of Iraq 'til 2013, and voting record on Patriot act and taxes). Then it said if he hit these five issues really hard with really awesome ads he could win, because he has the best message, the best record, the best character, the best supporters, and tons of cash:

really get us out of Iraq
and lower taxes
and stop inflation
and solve the debt
and protect civil liberties.

and that message with an amazing campaign staff and great ads will win it for him.

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 03:12 PM
This is the best Ron Paul ad I have seen. Where can we donate to get it on the airwaves? I see no chipin.

Maybe we can get a chip in going and have the funding come from one individual?

Kenz
01-16-2008, 03:14 PM
This might not be eLIR3RTY'S best work, but this is easily the best 30 second spot put out by anyone to date! It says it all: loss of direction, endless war, uncontrolled spending, mounting debt, concern for future generations, save our country, Ron Paul!

All of this in 30 seconds! Wow! I really didn't think it was possible to make a sound bite of most of RP's core positions that quickly. I think this ad will speak to the common American trying to get by while they worry about the future of their kids and grandkids.

People everywhere are imagining a new course for our future, and this ad would be a excellent doorway to a new line of thinking for those that are spoon fed their political beliefs. Realistically, Dr. Paul's campaign is going to have to change some minds to win. Connecting deficit war spending and the faltering economy, collectively jeopardizing this country's continued stability, could switch on the light bulb for the middle American public that KNOW something is wrong.

To paraphrase Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder, Ron Paul speaks truth to power. We need millions of us to stand next to him and do the same. The Save Our Generation ad could be the veritable breaking of the dam.

OK...so I loved the ad.:D

PLEASE, please sell the add to Dr. Paul! He always talks about contracts with no outside interference, deal with him directly.

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 03:18 PM
This might not be eLIR3RTY'S best work, but this is easily the best 30 second spot put out by anyone to date! It says it all: loss of direction, endless war, uncontrolled spending, mounting debt, concern for future generations, save our country, Ron Paul!

All of this in 30 seconds! Wow! I really didn't think it was possible to make a sound bite of most of RP's core positions that quickly. I think this ad will speak to the common American trying to get by while they worry about the future of their kids and grandkids.

People everywhere are imagining a new course for our future, and this ad would be a excellent doorway to a new line of thinking for those that are spoon fed their political beliefs. Realistically, Dr. Paul's campaign is going to have to change some minds to win. Connecting deficit war spending and the faltering economy, collectively jeopardizing this country's continued stability, could switch on the light bulb for the middle American public that KNOW something is wrong.

To paraphrase Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder, Ron Paul speaks truth to power. We need millions of us to stand next to him and do them same. The Save Our Generation ad could be the veritable breaking of the dam.

OK...so I loved the ad.:D

PLEASE, please sell the add to Dr. Paul! He always talks about contracts with no outside interference, deal with him directly.

The campaign has the ad - I have not heard a response in 3 weeks

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 03:21 PM

Pete

Sorry Pete - I was got you wrong information at the time - there have been many twists and turns in this thing

Kenz
01-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Well I hope they realize how good it is. I don't suppose there would be any way for you to speak directly with Ron about it? I think he would have to agree with the potential of this ad.

If I had a million I'd spend half!

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Well I hope they realize how good it is. I don't suppose there would be any way for you to speak directly with Ron about it? I think he would have to agree with the potential of this ad.

If I had a million I'd spend half!

Yeah I'm thinking about starting a chip in and then sending the money as an individual donor.... but now sure yet

donniedark0
01-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Most humanized ad I've seen so far. I fired off an email to campaign urging them to seriously consider it. I commend eLIB3RTY for putting this wonderful advert together, it would connect well in the minds of an average American with concerns about the current plagues of our nation.

Libertad2008
01-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Excellent ad!

mikeInAZ
01-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Maybe we can get a chip in going and have the funding come from one individual?

Good vid. Please elaborate on the "one individual" thing. People keep asking where to donate and I think Greg is saying it must come from one person. Right??

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Good vid. Please elaborate on the "one individual" thing. People keep asking where to donate and I think Greg is saying it must come from one person. Right??

Correct - I have a individual chip in - and hopefully I can get a few commercials off. Nothing is stopping us from pooling resources.. Wish me luck and spread the word.

Kenz
01-16-2008, 03:52 PM
I just sent a modified version of my post at the end of page 3 to the campaign urging them to use the ad.

Exarel
01-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I just sent a modified version of my post at the end of page 3 to the campaign urging them to use the ad.

Can they even?

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 03:54 PM

Let's hope it works....

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Bump for Liberty!

Basilieus
01-16-2008, 04:54 PM
The message is good, but the lighting violates so many rules. Why is it all dark and gloomy? I don't like this.

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 04:55 PM
The message is good, but the lighting violates so many rules. Why is it all dark and gloomy? I don't like this.

It was shot on a budget with bright projector set up

Bilgefisher
01-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Bump

bcreps85
01-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Very nice commercial, I think it would win some votes! BUMP!

tamor
01-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Keep bumped for undates

tamor
01-16-2008, 05:20 PM
updates

michaelwise
01-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Divert MLK money bomb to this commercial. Run it nationally, go over HQ's head.

Michael Ingram
01-16-2008, 05:43 PM
dude that was amazing, that should be playing nationwide non-stop

Basilieus
01-16-2008, 05:44 PM
It was shot on a budget with bright projector set up

Yeah, I didn't say I was stupid.

electronicmaji
01-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Jesus this is awesome...I want to get it aired in my state...

electronicmaji
01-16-2008, 06:06 PM
I get goosebumps watching this

Reshoot it with a green screen and make the cuts a little bit tighter and this will be Perfect!

ghemminger
01-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Divert MLK money bomb to this commercial. Run it nationally, go over HQ's head.

i like this idea - we can have multiple chip ins they just have to source from one individual to protect Johnathon

Bilgefisher
01-16-2008, 09:02 PM
I would like to see this video shown nationally, but the MLK money bomb is also important. Lets see if we can't promote both.

expatriot
01-16-2008, 09:39 PM

'Dark and Gloomy' is precisely how a lot of us feel right about now.

It's perfect just like it is, no need to tinker with excellence like this.

Somebody let us know what is happening with this thing - it begs to be aired...:D

ronpaul4pres
01-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Do you need help with content on http://saveourgeneration.com ? If/when the ad is aired, people are going to go there in droves, but there's nothing there for new people at all. What's the plan to fill this in to create new supporters?

Also, non-RP supporters might get a little freaked out over "media bomb."

electronicmaji
01-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Blimp WHAT HAPPENED guys DONATE And get on this DAMNIT!