PDA

View Full Version : The campaign managers for other candidates are idiots

dude58677
01-16-2008, 12:24 PM
You don't sprint the first mile in a marathon.

icon124
01-16-2008, 12:26 PM
if your addicted to power u do whatever you can...weather it makes sense or not

colin1
01-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Well everyone here assured me that Huckabee was toast after his upset in Iowa, and yet he's usually in the top three in most of the recent polls, and is very much in the hunt. Not bad for an obscure Arkansas governor that none of us had ever heard of just a few months ago. Now, i don't know if it would've been the best strategy for us, but let's face it, the disappointment in IA and NH took a wind out of alot of people's sails, (myself included). I've since rebounded, but we're more than half way through January and we haven't broken a million yet in donations. Discouraging your grassroots is a really, really bad idea.

dude58677
01-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Well everyone here assured me that Huckabee was toast after his upset in Iowa, and yet he's usually in the top three in most of the recent polls, and is very much in the hunt. Not bad for an obscure Arkansas governor that none of us had ever heard of just a few months ago. Now, i don't know if it would've been the best strategy for us, but let's face it, the disappointment in IA and NH took a wind out of alot of people's sails, (myself included). I've since rebounded, but we're more than half way through January and we haven't broken a million yet in donations. Discouraging your grassroots is a really, really bad idea.

Guillani was toast and so was Fred Thompson as we expected.

Thomas Paine
01-16-2008, 02:55 PM
If Ron Paul had placed third in Iowa, NH, and Michigan, then a lot of fence sitters would have given him a second look and possibly joined the revolution. The foregoing also would have further demoralized the Thompson and Giuliani campaigns.

TonySutton
01-16-2008, 03:02 PM
We are not judged by how well we handle victory rather we are judged by how we handle adversity.

steph3n
01-16-2008, 03:16 PM
We are not judged by how well we handle victory rather we are judged by how we handle adversity.

and so far the handling has not been that great

Richandler
01-16-2008, 04:37 PM
You don't sprint the first mile in a marathon.

Horrible analogy. This is more like the tour de france. It's in stages and if you don't do well in the first couple of stages you're going to end up too far behind to win.