PDA

View Full Version : I Converted my Brother in the Army

sweetmusicj
01-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Just a little story to motivate everyone.

My brother is a Captain in Iraq right now and at first supported Fred Thompson. My technique of sharing Ron Paul is to mostly hammer his fiscal conservatism because usually I'm preaching to Republicans and I feel that is Ron Paul's greatest strength when converting Republicans.

Well, after reading Buchanan's blog http://buchanan.org/blog/?p=919, my brother said he's pretty sure he's converting to the Ron Paul camp!

Not only this but my dad is actually debating me regarding Ron Paul, and that's the first step in conversion is they'll argue with you on issues of why they CANNOT support Ron Paul, and eventually you'll win them through logic.

In the current economic climate I would advise people to talk more about the federal reserve, inflation, housing market, and then hit them with a dose of "if we continue this path, we're going to open ourselves to having our assets bought up by foreigners". That usually will get them to listen.

We're still not there, but people are sensing a crack in the mainstream media and the establishment's infallibility, and we need to continue to hammer away until it comes crashing down. Remember the scene in Rocky IV when Rocky cuts Ivan Drago and he and the world realizes that Ivan is indeed human and can be beat, that's how I feel right now.

Jason Lewis who is a major conservative radio show host here in Minnesota always talks about his disdain for the current Republican candidates save Ron Paul and Fred Thompson. Rush I feel too is coming around, and Buchanan is endorsing RP more and more.

We don't have much time, but it can be done, let's continue to hit hard in South Carolina, Florida, and Nevada.

With God's help we can save this nation yet, but if we're to fail, let’s go down fighting so we can tell our grandkids that at least we tried.

DealzOnWheelz
01-16-2008, 12:28 PM
I don't know about you but if we loose I'm not having kids to have grandkids

I will DIE FIGHTING BEFORE THAT

zakkubin
01-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Yesterday did you see on the news that citi bank was like 10 billion in debt this year? China wouldn't loan them anymore money so they were in quite the pickle. Luckily for them a Saudi Prince bailed them out... What happens when middle east people won't loan any cash or worse what happens when any of these people want there loan + interest back?