fuzzybekool
01-16-2008, 11:53 AM
bump

yongrel
01-16-2008, 11:54 AM
let's hope he keeps climbing.

Give me liberty
01-16-2008, 11:56 AM
I dont trust the polls, why would calif vote for a gop warmonger?

Since afterall they have been voting dem over 20 years, they should vote ron paul :)

but i think ron paul will do better in that state

Remember that Ronald Reagan was the only Gop who owend that state by a landsilde.

itshappening
01-16-2008, 11:57 AM
why would NH vote for a warmonger? they people are crazy

AlexMerced
01-16-2008, 11:58 AM
again the bulk of those polled are very concentrated in the state, Cali if a very unique oppurtunity due to the distribution of republicans

RonRules
01-16-2008, 01:49 PM
He's very strong in Southern California, particularly in Orange county. Sign wavings are so much fun here. Cars honk all the time.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I dont trust the polls, why would calif vote for a gop warmonger?

Since afterall they have been voting dem over 20 years, they should vote ron paul :)

but i think ron paul will do better in that state

Remember that Ronald Reagan was the only Gop who owend that state by a landsilde.

Because they do not realize that Mccain is pro-war. They confuse his anti-rumsfield nonsense as anti-war propaganda. People are stupid. What can I say!

firebirdnation
01-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Now we need to fight the local media blackout, and you can help out here if you have time.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=91583

drednot
01-16-2008, 02:03 PM
He's very strong in Southern California, particularly in Orange county. Sign wavings are so much fun here. Cars honk all the time.

He's very very strong in Northern California.

I see signs and bumber stickers everywhere.

This is Silicon Valley after all, the birthplace of the Web.

I heard a Ron Paul ad monday on KGO, home of Gene Burns the Libertarian Presedential candidate that preceded Ron.

Any scenario in which Ron Paul wins the nomination involves him taking California.

CareerTech1
01-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Ron Paul!

AlexMerced
01-16-2008, 02:06 PM

I heard a Ron Paul ad monday on KGO, home of Gene Burns the Libertarian Presedential candidate that preceded Ron.

Any scenario in which Ron Paul wins the nomination involves him taking California.

not taking california, but taking a lot of districts, the funnything is you can lose the popuar vote yet still walk away with more delegates than everyone else in CA.

I love CA

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 02:07 PM
I think CA will come out strong for RP.

firebirdnation
01-16-2008, 02:08 PM
He is very strong in the Central Valley as well, I only see Ron Paul signs and bumper stickers around here. We can still win this election, but we are going to have to fight to get equal media coverage!

Montpelerin
01-16-2008, 02:49 PM

Yeah, except Gene Burns is a now a populist piece of sh** - he is currently supporting McCain for the Republicans and Obama for the Democrats.

He has been slowly selling-out for years. His sell-out was completed this month.
A truly pathetic path for a man who once ran for president under the Libertarian banner.

mstrmac1
01-16-2008, 03:11 PM
bump

Grandson of Liberty
01-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Supposedly McClintock was going to endorse Paul if he achieved 10% in the polls, but then he endorsed another candidate (Thompson?) Was disappointed to say the least. Perhaps he'll reconsider when we hit 10%.

drednot
01-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah, except Gene Burns is a now a populist piece of sh** - he is currently supporting McCain for the Republicans and Obama for the Democrats.

He has been slowly selling-out for years. His sell-out was completed this month.
A truly pathetic path for a man who once ran for president under the Libertarian banner.

Whoah, he sold out for McCain? This is news to me. How can he endorse the "100 years" guy and be consistent with the non-interventionist foreign policy he still touts? And yet he still backs McClintock over Schwarzenegger.

Must be KGO's "progressive" viewership.

drednot
01-16-2008, 03:46 PM

Hmm, googling only yields a blog post by someone stating in July that Gene donated to the Ron Paul campaign and supports his positions. Might be time for a call-in....

Bender
01-16-2008, 03:57 PM
He seems to be strong in Orange County, but I see very little of him in the Inland Empire. But, then again, I guess most people in SoCal know the 909 redneck jokes.. :rolleyes:

Montpelerin
01-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Hmm, googling only yields a blog post by someone stating in July that Gene donated to the Ron Paul campaign and supports his positions. Might be time for a call-in....

The guy bums me out every day - it seems as if he has been going out of his way to NOT mention Ron Paul when discussing Republican candidates - he has me thoroughly confused and frustrated.

I figured Burns would be jumping up and down for Ron at the beginning of this whole thing - with the reach he has with KGO, he has a lot of potential to persuade a lot of voters.

Oh well.

Cali4RonPaul
01-16-2008, 06:00 PM
He seems to be strong in Orange County, but I see very little of him in the Inland Empire. But, then again, I guess most people in SoCal know the 909 redneck jokes.. :rolleyes:

Im from the Inland empire, Alta Loma to be exact, our home is worth over $625,000 no red necks here, and we have had sign waving events here that gather 40+ people at times..

Bender
01-17-2008, 12:19 AM
Im from the Inland empire, Alta Loma to be exact, our home is worth over $625,000 no red necks here, and we have had sign waving events here that gather 40+ people at times..

:rolleyes: = me being sarcastic. I also live here (there) in the 909. Just poking fun at myself with the "909" jokes...

Paul4Prez
01-17-2008, 12:23 AM
I've heard two Ron Paul radio ads in the past week. I was stuck in traffic on the 405 this morning with my Ron Paul door magnets when one of the ads came on, and got a honk of support.

Cali4RonPaul
01-17-2008, 12:26 AM
:rolleyes: = me being sarcastic. I also live here (there) in the 909. Just poking fun at myself with the "909" jokes...

What main meetup group are you in?

linusPAULing
01-17-2008, 12:38 AM
We're fighting pretty hard here in the Bay Area.

Our meetup is placing newspaper ads (our second is printed tomorrow) and we hope to distribute THOUSANDS of flyers over the weekend.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Well if Thompson drops out, maybe McClintock would endorse RP?

Ron LOL
01-17-2008, 12:43 AM
San Diego is working like crazy to win new supporters.

Karsten
01-17-2008, 12:52 AM
California is the U.S. leader in population, so 8% in California is A LOT OF RON PAUL SUPPORTERS! California was also home of the very 1st RP Meetup Group, the Pasadena Meetup group, which I am proud to say I was one of the first 6 members.

Tidewise
01-17-2008, 01:18 AM
I can tell you that we have shaken the San Diego Republican party to its core. We showed up at their monthly meeting and absolutely owned it.

Two night later they had a party rep at our Meetup group wonder HTF we are doing it. The cool thing is that he was genuinely interested.

SD is a bigtime Republican county and sure it is filled with warmongers, but there are lots of Ron Paul supporters here. Even if they don't know it yet.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 01:22 AM
I can tell you that we have shaken the San Diego Republican party to its core. We showed up at their monthly meeting and absolutely owned it.

Lol, nice. SD also has a huge young republicans group. Have they been infiltrated? :)

Kotin
01-17-2008, 01:32 AM
california banned electronic machines completely!

microsect
01-17-2008, 01:42 AM
The San Diego meet up group will have a huge Ron Paul rally on the 2nd of February.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=91264

microsect
01-17-2008, 01:46 AM

He might be referring to the SD meet up. I just checked and we jumped to 941 Members and that’s not counting the entire SD County.

amonasro
01-17-2008, 01:55 AM
Medical marijuana supporters will come out in droves in CA for Ron Paul. They are sick of fighting the Federal Govt's drug laws when there are contradicting state laws legalizing it for medical use, and also being able to grow it as a medical patient. The Feds raid their businesses and homes. These people will vote when we hit the medical marijuana states.

Cindy
01-17-2008, 01:57 AM
why would NH vote for a warmonger? they people are crazy

Why would people in MI, strongly against the war in Iraq, vote for McCain?:confused:

Yes, they people are crazy.

Bender
01-17-2008, 02:35 AM
I just joined the Chino Hills meetup a few days ago. Too bad I'm working during their next meeting. :(

chrismatthews
01-17-2008, 02:41 AM
Medical marijuana supporters will come out in droves in CA for Ron Paul. They are sick of fighting the Federal Govt's drug laws when there are contradicting state laws legalizing it for medical use, and also being able to grow it as a medical patient. The Feds raid their businesses and homes. These people will vote when we hit the medical marijuana states.

I hope people actually vote on that issue. Paul is the only candidate that actually has a plan to do something about it. It would be a nice bump in the polls across a lot of different demographics.

pacelli
01-17-2008, 02:47 AM

I sure hope so, do we have any idea about the number of medical marijuana supporters in CA? I haven't seen a norml or mpp endorsement for Paul.

dblee
01-17-2008, 02:54 AM
Here in california ron paul supporters are LOUD AND PROUD...lol... not in that way.

anyway, we're very well organized and are going to be working our butts off to GOTV.

I'll be damned if this state goes to Rooney or Mcnasty.

emk
01-17-2008, 02:56 AM
We really need to win CA.

eckstein88
01-17-2008, 03:15 AM

Sigh.....I'm from the 909. We're not ALL bad :o

unloud
01-17-2008, 03:19 AM
Here in california ron paul supporters are LOUD AND PROUD...lol... not in that way.

Maybe in San Fran...