PDA

View Full Version : So, has anyone contacted Trey Parker and Matt Stone (South Park)?

EvilNight
01-16-2008, 11:35 AM
They've gone on record as "little L libertarians" and have strong Republican leanings. Anyone remember the "giant douche" vs "turd sandwich" election episode? They have a pretty large fan base.

Anyone contacted them about including Ron Paul in one of their upcoming episodes? There's plenty here for them to make fun of - internet activism not working in the real world, etc. We'd take plenty of flak, but it would almost certainly come out as a RP endorsement in the end. They'd use Ron to slam the crap out of the establishment.

Thoughts?

yongrel
01-16-2008, 11:36 AM
there have been worse ideas

Maltheus
01-16-2008, 11:40 AM
I would have thought that a good idea in the past, but their recent stuff has taken a strong neo-con/establishment turn. I doubt they're down with Paul. Although, it's likely they're not down with Romney or Huckabee. I can see them siding with a McCain, I suppose.

fuzzybekool
01-16-2008, 11:47 AM
So far, the young voters have not come out to support Ron Paul. But it is worth a try.

Guymontag
01-16-2008, 11:48 AM
I would have thought that a good idea in the past, but their recent stuff has taken a strong neo-con/establishment turn. I doubt they're down with Paul. Although, it's likely they're not down with Romney or Huckabee. I can see them siding with a McCain, I suppose.

McCain? negative. They'd probably have a good laugh at that.

The new season doesnt come out until a few months from now though.

Maltheus
01-16-2008, 11:58 AM
McCain? negative. They'd probably have a good laugh at that.

Maybe, maybe not. The seem to be pro-war conservatives who are socially liberal. That's McCain to me. They might back a Paul, but I don't think they're with him on the war.

Young_Apprentice
01-16-2008, 12:07 PM

What have you seen that's neo-con? I've been watching that show since the beginning and have never seen anything remotely neo-connish about it.

Guymontag
01-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Maybe, maybe not. The seem to be pro-war conservatives who are socially liberal. That's McCain to me. They might back a Paul, but I don't think they're with him on the war.

I doubt theyre pro war. Have you ever seen Team America: World Police? Its a satire making fun of America's world policing and nation building, while also poking fun of the liberal anti war movement. As far as I know they have described themselves as centrists and duck any other political questions by talking about vaginas or something. I think he's been quoted also as hating conservatives, but hating liberals more.

edit: http://www.theadvocates.org/celebrities/trey-parker.html pretty neat article yo.

Maltheus
01-16-2008, 12:22 PM
No, they have practically stated outright in the show that the war on terror is necessary. They think Bush is just a goof who messes things up, but I think it's clear they support what he's doing. They almost never really rip on him either. In fact, rewatch Team America a little closer. Yeah, they're making fun of what dumbasses we are, but rewatch the "one-to-grow-on" moment at the end.

dude58677
01-16-2008, 12:26 PM
They've gone on record as "little L libertarians" and have strong Republican leanings. Anyone remember the "giant douche" vs "turd sandwich" election episode? They have a pretty large fan base.

Anyone contacted them about including Ron Paul in one of their upcoming episodes? There's plenty here for them to make fun of - internet activism not working in the real world, etc. We'd take plenty of flak, but it would almost certainly come out as a RP endorsement in the end. They'd use Ron to slam the crap out of the establishment.

Thoughts?

I think Ron Paul should replace Chef on South Park as the advisor for Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny.

davver
01-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah they are pro war. They might go for RP but who knows.

Maltheus
01-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I think Ron Paul should replace Chef on South Park as the advisor for Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny.

You, and Me, CONSTITUTIONAL. You, and Me, CONSTITUTIONAL lovin' baby.

Cinci4RP
01-16-2008, 12:33 PM

Thoughts?

I have been guoting that episode ad nauseum......

But that would be cool.

Terrorists attack our imagination etc...

Guymontag
01-16-2008, 12:36 PM
No, they have practically stated outright in the show that the war on terror is necessary. They think Bush is just a goof who messes things up, but I think it's clear they support what he's doing. They almost never really rip on him either. In fact, rewatch Team America a little closer. Yeah, they're making fun of what dumbasses we are, but rewatch the "one-to-grow-on" moment at the end.

Ron Paul voted to go kill Osama, so whats your point? There is nothing wrong with bringing terrorists to justice, but this does not mean that they are PRO-WAR which is alot different than ANTI-TERRORIST. And for God's sake have you ever seen "That's my Bush!"? Of course they rip on Bush! And they called him a Turd Sandwich to boot.

nullvalu
01-16-2008, 12:42 PM
I thought Chef was killed off...? :) Remember, he betrayed the "Super Adventure Club" and was burned on a bridge, fell to his death, was impailed by a tree, eaten by a mountain lion, shot with a shotgun, ripped apart by a grizzly bear, then finally.. of course... crapped his pants.

Maltheus
01-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Ron Paul voted to go kill Osama, so whats your point? There is nothing wrong with bringing terrorists to justice, but this does not mean that they are PRO-WAR which is alot different than ANTI-TERRORIST. And for God's sake have you ever seen "That's my Bush!"? Of course they rip on Bush! And they called him a Turd Sandwich to boot.

I guess, but I think they're even for Iraq. I'm not sure I could put my finger on it since I can't recall all the details of the last few years, but somewhere along the way, the show turned, from libertarian to Republican, for rme.

I loved "That's My Bush", but it was an almost loving send up of him, not really a rip. He's a goofy fun guy instead of the real terror that he is. Read some stories on how he treats his staff. He's a dark, rotten person. I think Bush has gotten away with as much as he has simply because every thinks he's a bumbling idiot, so I hate when he's portrayed that way. He ain't no rocket scientist, but he knows what he's doing all the same.