PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Moderators!

RollOn2day
01-16-2008, 10:50 AM
...for being very active on getting rid of negative threads on this forum.

It reestablishes that this forum is dedicated to positive thought and positive action.

If you want to write up negative stuff....go start your own forum and take your friends with you.

RON PAUL 2008....with or without the GOP!!

LukeNM
01-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Yes, thank you! Keep up the good work and we can keep gaining support.

JimInNY
01-16-2008, 12:59 PM
that's why I left my other forum home of the last few years. Too many negative waves.

hueylong
01-16-2008, 01:01 PM
A little more focus on moving forward, and a little less on random bawling and whining, is much appreciated.

Greg in VA
01-16-2008, 01:02 PM
if you go to this link

http://wonkette.com/345615/fox-still-hates-ron-paul-forum-declares-war-on-eeyore

you will see why the members of this forum need to be prudent in what they post here. For it can end up elsewhere and in a less than flattering light.

ThomasJ
01-16-2008, 01:03 PM
We can never have a desenting voice on these forums that would be horrible.
/sarcasm

Seriously though wtf. I know you mean well but Ron Paul = freedom which includes freedom of speech.

Perhaps you could make a "Negative Nancy" subforum and move the crap and trolls there.

Let them humiliate themselves.

szczebrzeszyn
01-16-2008, 01:04 PM
what happened, I missed something while being offline? :)

RollOn2day
01-16-2008, 01:05 PM
quote editedNo we need as many views as possible.

But this is a forum to get Ron Paul elected president and making threads that have the focus on a particular member or members bickering and throwing barbs at each other and the campaign is counter to the forums intent.

There is a way to disagree, debate and bring up issues without being an ass and shifting focus on to oneself rather than the task at hand.

I feel that the moderators have been very patient with this.

RollOn2day
01-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Perhaps you could make a "Negative Nancy" subforum and move the crap and trolls there.

I couldn't agree more. Give them their own subforum.

fmontez
01-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Yup, the mods do a good job, they let us discuss the issues and disagree... an exchange of ideas is so important.

shaggy240v
01-16-2008, 01:12 PM
/sarcasm

Seriously though wtf. I know you mean well but Ron Paul = freedom which includes freedom of speech.

I too like the negative nancy subforum idea. While I don't like the trolls spreading their pessimistic attitudes in here, I do support their freedom of speech.

Please don't bash me because I'm a newb... I'm simply exercising my freedom of speech as well. :)

acptulsa
01-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow. I suggested that the "learn to speak Republican" thread appear on more than the Nevada board and in minutes it does! Responsive like champs!

LibertyEagle
01-16-2008, 01:20 PM
quote editedThey did.

Lew said he did not write them.
Ron Paul said he did not write them.
Lew said a lot of the articles in the various newsletters over the many years were written by freelance writers.
The Editor in charge was fired.

So, I guess the decision is up to each of us, whether we will believe the man we have said we want to be our President and move on in doing everything we can to spread the message in an attempt to save our country. Or, whether we will join in with apparent actions to help it self-destruct.

LibertyEagle
01-16-2008, 01:21 PM
I too like the negative nancy subforum idea. While I don't like the trolls spreading their pessimistic attitudes in here, I do support their freedom of speech.

Please don't bash me because I'm a newb... I'm simply exercising my freedom of speech as well. :)

The threads are not gone. They were just moved. :)

shaggy240v
01-16-2008, 01:23 PM
The threads are not gone. They were just moved. :)

Where were they moved?... so that I may be able to defend the good doctor.

LibertyEagle
01-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Where were they moved?... so that I may be able to defend the good doctor.

Hot topics.

Dlynne
01-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Hot Topics is very hard to find, so I will show you how. :)

You need to go to the RPF main page, and scroll all the way down to Liberty Forest. Then go into "General Polics & Other." Once there, you need to look at the very top for the sub-form "Hot Topics."

It took me a while to find it.

Once you are in Hot Topics, you will find all the threads that raise questions about Lew Rockwell, and the most of the threads that raise questions about how HQ is conducting the campaign.

One thing that I love about RPF, is the complete lack of censorship. It is not like, for example, Free Republic, where unwanted questions and commentary is banned outright.

free.alive
01-16-2008, 02:04 PM
We already have a thread for legitimate criticisms of HQ.

The other thread we need, since even every idiot, reactionary, baby and tool must have equal voice, is a thread called:

"The Whining, Bitching, Moaning, Crying, Conspiracy-Touting, Fear-Mongering Negativity and Doldrums Thread"

free.alive
01-16-2008, 02:05 PM
My bad, I forgot about Hot Topics, although my thread name may be more apt for a lot of the posts that go there.

govtpigII
01-16-2008, 02:06 PM
...for being very active on getting rid of negative threads on this forum.

It reestablishes that this forum is dedicated to positive thought and positive action.

If you want to write up negative stuff....go start your own forum and take your friends with you.

RON PAUL 2008....with or without the GOP!!

Could not agree more, I am sick of these so-called supporters posting junk and taking away from the grassroots!

FenceWalker
01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Hot Topics is very hard to find, so I will show you how. :)

You need to go to the RPF main page, and scroll all the way down to Liberty Forest. Then go into "General Polics & Other." Once there, you need to look at the very top for the sub-form "Hot Topics."

It took me a while to find it.
Or just use the forum jump at the bottom of each page to go directly to the forum you are looking for. :D

stewie3128
01-16-2008, 05:22 PM
/sarcasm

I've been suggesting a "Debbie Downer" forum for two days now. The poll proves it's popular - even the mods like the idea - but nothing's been done on it: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=90096

jrich4rpaul
01-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Thumbs up for mods

Cyclone
01-16-2008, 05:56 PM
bump and thanks to the mods

constituent
01-16-2008, 06:06 PM
wonkette....

well, they deserve some credit...

they're linked off of c-span.com

i'm glad they've taken a shine to us.

you've read much ado about nothing, correct?

and besides, the little wonkette cartoon chic is hot!

-for a cartoon

Cowlesy
01-16-2008, 06:08 PM
viva Ron Paul

constituent
01-16-2008, 06:09 PM
cowlesy,

WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!