PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoman laughing at Texas

acptulsa
01-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Hey, Texas! What the hell's the matter with you? Not one delegate committed to Ron Paul? Not one?!

What's the matter, you tired of having your boys laughed at in the White House? Why not try one who's got integrity? 'Fraid it'll give you a bad name? What, is his hair not as good as Rick Perry's, so you've disowned him?

C'mon guys, he's a good ol' boy! Someone down there needs to warm up the cattle prod and get at least one delegate on board for your man!

Your turn. Rip Oklahoma to shreds--I know you want to. Just try to get Paul a delegate when you're done, please.

fuzzybekool
01-16-2008, 10:42 AM
bump

werdd
01-16-2008, 10:43 AM
oklahoma sucks i mean honestly you have 3 point beer

jblosser
01-16-2008, 10:43 AM
You probably should go learn how the delegate process works in Texas (and Oklahoma for that matter). They do teach reading up there still, don't they?

MikeStanart
01-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Delegates are chosen a few hours After the Primaries.

I don't believe you can have pre-selected delegates at this point.

:D

Oh, and you're poking fun now; but you just made it personal.

Texans! Hold! Hold! Unleash Delegates!

Redcard
01-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Delegates are chosen a few hours After the Primaries.

I don't believe you can have pre-selected delegates at this point.

Oh, and you're poking fun now; but you just made it personal.

Texans! Hold! Hold! Unleash Delegates!

Actually, you can.

It's common for the Party Leaders to take their 3 delegates and give them to hometown/homestate "heroes."

For example, Huck is getting three of the Party At Large delegates in Arkansas.

Wyurm
01-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Now there's a good idea that probably won't change anything, but you never know. We should have state competition. Like NV vs. SC see which one can get more votes for Dr. Paul. I bet NV will win.

Dustancostine
01-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Well our GOP leadership has been bought by Cintra and Guliani's Law firm.

MikeStanart
01-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Well our GOP leadership has been bought by Cintra and Guliani's Law firm.

I wouldn't be so quick to accept that.

Across the Board; Texans are known to be pretty conservative.
Heck; remember the Straw Poll? They chose a guy who wanted to put up a fence across the border (Hunter).

Texas is Spear-heading the revolt against the Transcontinental Corridor as well.

I'm not saying they're anywhere near where they SHOULD be .... but the Texas GOP is a lot better than you'd think.

mavtek
01-16-2008, 10:54 AM
HUH? I'm going to go out on in a limb here and say categorically that Texas will have triple the delegates for Ron Paul than Oklahoma.

werdd
01-16-2008, 10:55 AM

Heck; remember the Straw Poll? They chose a guy who wanted to put up a fence across the border (Hunter).

Texas is Spear-heading the revolt against the Transcontinental Corridor as well.

I'm not saying they're anywhere near where they SHOULD be .... but the Texas GOP is a lot better than you'd think.

Yeah the people are, but you have to consider our Gov Rick Perry is endorsing guiliani, and would just as soon let everyone in. Hes for the NAFTA superhighway. We had the chance to vote for a libertarian, Kinky friedman, but only got 10% of the vote in a 5 way race, to many dumb democrats and Loyalist rick perryites.

MikeStanart
01-16-2008, 10:57 AM
HUH? I'm going to go out on in a limb here and say categorically that Texas will have triple the delegates for Ron Paul than Oklahoma.

Yeah, I totally agree.

I helped lead a Ron Paul booth at the Houston Marathon in the George R. Brown Convention Center; in Houston, Tx....

And I got to say: The positive feedback was ASTOUNDING.

We instantly converted at least a good 50; while heavily influencing hundreds and hundreds more.

Texans have work to do; but I think you'll be suprised at Primary day.

Chernitsky
01-16-2008, 11:00 AM
GWB isn't from Texas

Google it

steph3n
01-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Delegates in TX are picked after the primary therefore there are 0 on board for anyone.

MikeStanart
01-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah the people are, but you have to consider our Gov Rick Perry is endorsing guiliani, and would just as soon let everyone in. Hes for the NAFTA superhighway. We had the chance to vote for a libertarian, Kinky friedman, but only got 10% of the vote in a 5 way race, to many dumb democrats and Loyalist rick perryites.

Yeah, the People hated rick Perry; yet they weren't willing to go as far as Kinky.

It's a shame, really. Ole' Perry has tried to do forced vaccinations on our children (side-effects unknown), he's endorsed a moron, and he's raised taxes.

I met him in 2000; and all I can say; I wasn't impressed. At all.

S3eker
01-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Do you know why Texas doesn't fall into the Gulf of Mexico?

Because Oklahoma sucks!

skyfi
01-16-2008, 11:11 AM
As a lifelong Okie... We are trying up here... Trying to spread the message... Its hard to even convert family members, they buy into so much BS...

acptulsa
01-16-2008, 11:16 AM
You probably should go learn how the delegate process works in Texas (and Oklahoma for that matter). They do teach reading up there still, don't they?

Excellent advice. I just did just that.

I knew I had heard of pledged delegates from Texas, but it hadn't occurred to me that they were all Democrats--each and every one.

I humbly apologize to you and to the whole state. I truly regret any distress I may have caused any of you. I want the record to show that I was out of line, and I want all casual observers to note that Texas is, in fact, no laughing matter. Furthermore, I hereby pledge that I will not say one more mean thing about Texas until the next Sooners vs. Longhorns football game (if I don't say something nasty about you that day they'll hang me).

steph3n
01-16-2008, 11:19 AM

I knew I had heard of pledged delegates from Texas, but it hadn't occurred to me that they were all Democrats--each and every one.

I humbly apologize to you and to the whole state. I truly regret any distress I may have caused any of you. I want the record to show that I was out of line, and I want all casual observers to note that Texas is, in fact, no laughing matter. Furthermore, I hereby pledge that I will not say one more mean thing about Texas until the next Sooners vs. Longhorns football game (if I don't say something nasty about you that day they'll hang me).

go sooners! (I dislike UT)

Dustancostine
01-16-2008, 11:24 AM

Mike our long time State Senator Steve Ogden is a vehement TTC supporter. So is your State congressman Fred Brown.

Perry is as well.

George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush are as well. Which means that the former A&M President and current Sec. of Defense Gates is as well.

And the Zachary Engineering firm (A&M Alum) are consulting with Cintra.

Yes the people are against the TTC, but the leadership of the GOP put into place by the Bushes and Perry are in with Guliani and Cintra.

--Dustan

Dustancostine
01-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah, the People hated rick Perry; yet they weren't willing to go as far as Kinky.

It's a shame, really. Ole' Perry has tried to do forced vaccinations on our children (side-effects unknown), he's endorsed a moron, and he's raised taxes.

Kinky wasn't libertarian, he was more liberal.

Grandma would have been better.

We need to have a runoff. If we would have had a runoff, Grandma or Kinky would have been Governor.

Elwar
01-16-2008, 11:27 AM
I predict that Ron Paul will do great in the big Texas cities, Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio. I'm not so sure about the rest of the state...and that's a lot of state.

One great thing I did experience was when handing out slim jims at First Friday some gal stopped by and said "Who is Ron Paul and why does San Antonio support him so much?"

acptulsa
01-16-2008, 11:31 AM
One great thing I did experience was when handing out slim jims at First Friday some gal stopped by and said "Who is Ron Paul and why does San Antonio support him so much?"

I love San Antonio. No wonder Oklahoma City is trying to turn itself into a second one (good luck).

Chernitsky
01-16-2008, 11:32 AM
obviously you ignored my post

steph3n
01-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Kinky wasn't libertarian, he was more liberal.

Grandma would have been better.

We need to have a runoff. If we would have had a runoff, Grandma or Kinky would have been Governor.

I wasn't too fond of Grandma a political opportunist to the highest degree

werdd
01-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Friedman is opposed to the Trans-Texas Corridor since it relies on toll road construction. He feels that the TTC is a land grab of the ugliest kind, with land being taken from hard-working ranchers and farmers in little towns and villages all over Texas.

On Capital punishment, he previously summed up his position, "I am not anti-death penalty, but I'm damn sure anti-the-wrong-guy-getting-executed".[21] More recently, he has clarified his position: "The system is not perfect. Until it's perfect, let's do away with the death penalty"

On illegal immigration, Kinky wants to increase the number of Texas National Guard troops on the border (from the current 1,500 to 10,000), impose $25,000 and $50,000 fines on companies that hire illegal immigrants and require foreign nationals seeking employment to purchase a foreign taxpayer ID card once they have passed a criminal background check. "Texas can no longer wait for our federal government to solve our illegal immigration problem," Friedman said

According to Cigar Aficionado magazine, Friedman plans to roll back "any and all smoking bans" if elected. One of his favorite quotes comes from Mark Twain: "If smoking is not allowed in heaven, I shall not go".[28] *Friedman supports the decriminalization of marijuana, though he doesn't advocate making its sale legal. "I'm not talking about like Amsterdam," he's noted, "We've got to clear some of the room out of the prisons so we can put the bad guys in there, like the pedophiles and the politicians".

I supported kinky for those reasons, id say hes fairly libertarian.

slamhead
01-16-2008, 11:35 AM
I think the people of TX and OK should place a bet on who can turn out more RP supporters.

acptulsa
01-16-2008, 11:40 AM
I think the people of TX and OK should place a bet on who can turn out more RP supporters.

Since they have many multiple times our population, it wouldn't be much of a contest.

MikeStanart
01-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Mike our long time State Senator Steve Ogden is a vehement TTC supporter. So is your State congressman Fred Brown.

Perry is as well.

George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush are as well. Which means that the former A&M President and current Sec. of Defense Gates is as well.

And the Zachary Engineering firm (A&M Alum) are consulting with Cintra.

Yes the people are against the TTC, but the leadership of the GOP put into place by the Bushes and Perry are in with Guliani and Cintra.

--Dustan

I even stated that we have a LONG way to go. All i'm saying is; the grassroots GOP is better on track than you'd think. (save Foreign Policy)

libertarian4321
01-16-2008, 12:02 PM

Perry has nice hair and looks good in a suit.

That seems to be about all you need to be governor here- after all, we sent our previous nice looking empty suit to the White House.

Regarding delegates, they are selected the night of the primary (March 4) at the precinct level.

jblosser
01-16-2008, 02:00 PM

Accepted, for now.

Now for something we *can* compete on right now, how are you guys doing at filling local offices? I'm aware of well over 120 precinct chair filings just in Tarrant, Dallas, and Travis counties. Of course, not all of those are our people, but this is the most filings and the most contested races they've seen in a LONG time.

jsu718
01-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Texas is kind of funny. We still have a bit of a feel that we are our own country and want the federal government to treat us as such. On a national level I don't know that we have voted Democratic in a long time. Even the Dems that we have on the state and local level, most of them are more conservative than the other Republican nominees. :)

constituent
01-16-2008, 02:24 PM

i didn't know they ever taught okies to read.

MikeStanart
01-16-2008, 02:37 PM
i didn't know they ever taught okies to read.

Honestly; it's a miracle that they do. Their education system is in shambles right now.

Derek Johnson
01-16-2008, 02:51 PM
I'll be one March 4th, and many many others will be also.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33207

Ara825
01-16-2008, 03:09 PM
I heard that Rick Perry's real name is Richard Perez. Apparently he changed it for political purposes. I don't know if this is fact or just a rumor someone started. I wasn't living in Texas when I heard this so I didn't bother to dig any further. Always thought it was interesting though.

I'm a former Okie who currently lives in Texas. My husband and I are looking for a better state to move to, any suggestions would be appreciated.

constituent
01-16-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm a former Okie who currently lives in Texas. My husband and I are looking for a better state to move to, any suggestions would be appreciated.

a better state? lol.

good riddance, too many northerners here as it is :D

damon04
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Hook'em!!!

mokkan88
01-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Don't mess with Ohio, bitches!

Sorry, had to get something in...

Ara825
01-16-2008, 03:29 PM
a better state? lol.

good riddance, too many northerners here as it is :D

Who you calling a northerner? I'm no yank, I hail from sunny California orginally. My husband was born and raised in Texas. I lived on the Red River in Oklahoma the wind blew out of the south for the most part so I breathed Texas air for the 36 yrs I lived in Oklahoma, that makes me offically 1/2 Texan right :)

acptulsa
01-16-2008, 03:36 PM
California? It may be down around the 35th parallel, but which side were they on during the Civil War, huh, yankee?

Gotcha.

Dustancostine
01-16-2008, 03:42 PM
California? It may be down around the 35th parallel, but which side were they on during the Civil War, huh, yankee?

Gotcha.

Technically I bet they cared less about the civil war.

acptulsa
01-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Technically, they were on the Union side. Practically, they were just about the only state that could afford to care less about the Civil War--except that the effort to keep them Union led to a great benefit for them in that the Transcontinental Railroad movement began.

Broadlighter
01-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Uh oh,

This is becoming like the wearesc.com football threads a couple of years ago.

We had Oklahoma Sooner fans coming on the board to bash the Texas Longhorn fans during the run up to the 2006 Rose Bowl.

You guys know no bounds as to where you show off your rivalry.

Ara825
01-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Uh oh,

This is becoming like the wearesc.com football threads a couple of years ago.

We had Oklahoma Sooner fans coming on the board to bash the Texas Longhorn fans during the run up to the 2006 Rose Bowl.

You guys know no bounds as to where you show off your rivalry.

That is because we are die hard fans lol. And I have always been a Longhorn fan, even when I lived in Oklahoma.

jblosser
01-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Only for Ron Paul:

http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/a/6/1/9/event_2262521.jpeg

http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/a/6/2/0/event_2262528.jpeg

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/a/5/a/c/event_2262412.jpeg

jblosser
01-16-2008, 04:09 PM
//

Broadlighter
01-16-2008, 04:12 PM
That is because we are die hard fans lol. And I have always been a Longhorn fan, even when I lived in Oklahoma.

I gotta say the Oklahoma threads during the 2005 Orange Bowl broadcast were about the funniest I've ever read.

When it comes to humor Oklahomans owns Texans.

But at least Texas didn't embarrass the Big 12. I really hated losing that game, though.

Laja
01-16-2008, 04:20 PM

We worked hard for Kinky and then came the debate where Kinky made an ass of himself and he scared me, really, with his dumbass answers. Rick Perry is a criminal and a puppet of the administration, but he's a well-greased politician and won the "beauty" contest.

I spent hours getting signatures for Kinky and working to help him run for Governor, but he was a total disappointment.

constituent
01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Who you calling a northerner? I'm no yank, I hail from sunny California orginally. My husband was born and raised in Texas. I lived on the Red River in Oklahoma the wind blew out of the south for the most part so I breathed Texas air for the 36 yrs I lived in Oklahoma, that makes me offically 1/2 Texan right :)

close enough, you know we love ya!

constituent
01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
We worked hard for Kinky and then came the debate where Kinky made an ass of himself and he scared me, really, with his dumbass answers. Rick Perry is a criminal and a puppet of the administration, but he's a well-greased politician and won the "beauty" contest.

I spent hours getting signatures for Kinky and working to help him run for Governor, but he was a total disappointment.

+1 very sad one.

he really was an ass at the debate.

Sam_Adams
01-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Every time someone moves from Texas to Oklahoma, the average IQ goes up in both states.