PDA

View Full Version : Is Dr. Paul intending to make a change, or just make a dent?

El Davicho
01-16-2008, 10:37 AM
I've been very closely following Ron Paul since seeing him on I believe the Colbert Report last year. He's an inspiring figure an I've watched every debate, interview, and TV appearence or writting I could find (always finding new stuff too).

However, I am a man of little faith. Not that he CAN'T win but I question his intentions. Part of me wants to believe that there is a true voice of freedom and patriotism in the system itself who has managed to place himself in a potentially winning position. There is another part of me that tends to believe he intends more to make a dent in the establishment...to wake people up and spawn a true movement...then to actually make changes himself.

Pardon my pessimistic words. It's just something I've been dwelling on and felt need to mention. His words contain an undeniabley direct truth, to those who do their homework or have the slightest bit of intuition, but it's hard not to think he is just trying to get as much of the truth out there while he has our ears in hopes that it will resonate and carry on after he (excuse again my negativity) loses.

Perhaps I am wrong...and I do so hope that I am...perhaps he will take all of this money he's collected and move full throttle into Super Tuesday. Seeing a few commercials, some real air time that only money can buy, would be encouraging to many of us.

Paulitical Correctness
01-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Win-win, IMO.

Mort
01-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Nothing is decided yet. The nomination is so split right now. That plays right into Paul's hands. Find out all you can about Ron Paul. Then spread his message. It will feel good to spread truth.

El Davicho
01-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Nothing is decided yet. The nomination is so split right now. That plays right into Paul's hands. Find out all you can about Ron Paul. Then spread his message. It will feel good to spread truth.

That I do, and that it does. I will likley register as a precinct leader. At least my conscious will be clear.

AlexMerced
01-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Wait till super Tuesday, everything we need to know will be clear then

Xenophage
01-16-2008, 10:48 AM
He has been approaching everything from the standpoint of attempting to win the nomination.

What he, and his supporters, hope is that regardless of the outcome in the primaries, he will have made an impact in American politics. There is nothing to lose here, and everything to gain.

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Just remember this...

Ron Paul has spent 30 years trying to make a dent.

For the first time in his life he has awakened the remnant and now has...

10's of thousands of supporters,

raised millions in cash,

and, even though we gripe and moan about lack of coverage,

broken the silence about the true problems of our Country wide open in debates and on national television.

People in the know know who he is.

His Congressional colleagues have seen the success of his message.

The establishment is terrified of him, everything they've tried to stop him just makes him stronger.

He is winning.

Will he win the White House?

Maybe, maybe not. It's too early to celebrate, and too early to despair.

But to ask if he intends to make a change?

The answer is simple...

He already has.

Welcome to the rEVOLution.

Volunteer, donate, become active, and win.

FreeTraveler
01-16-2008, 10:50 AM

The nomination WILL NOT be decided by Super Tuesday. WE MUST keep the battle going. As other candidates fall by the wayside, and LOCAL ADS become more important as the national focus shifts off of politics, we have a GREATER CHANCE of winning states AFTER Super Tuesday, and there will still be a lot of delegates up for grabs!

belian78
01-16-2008, 10:50 AM
honestly, i've had these thoughts myself. as i'm sure we all have at one point or another. i'll keep them to myself, as i want to stay as positive as possible, and keep others positive.

but, like was said before, the spreading of the message of freedom and prosperity is a win in itself. if we all work our asses off through Feb 5th and beyond, there is no reason for us to say we 'lost' in any way.

Paul10
01-16-2008, 10:52 AM

Cleaner44
01-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Just remember this...

raised millions in cash,

broken the silence about the true problems of our Country wide open in debates and on national television.

The establishment is terrified of him, everything they've tried to stop him just makes him stronger.

He is winning.

The answer is simple...

He already has.

Well said brother, well said.

Jimmy
01-16-2008, 10:53 AM
A dent....I hoping, really hoping he pulls out a wrecking ball soon and goes to work...we have giving him the tools to do so.

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Well said brother, well said.

Thanks, sometimes I even impress myself :o

LukeNM
01-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Us true and loyal supports must shoot down the dissenters and operatives on these forums with the help of the moderators. The bashers are starting to make headway trying to discourage donations to the campaign, and criticizing HQ.

Don't let them win and then Ron Paul can win for us.

AisA1787
01-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Just remember this...

raised millions in cash,

He is winning.

The answer is simple...

He already has.

Awesome.

Paulitician
01-16-2008, 11:24 AM
From what I know, Ron Paul isn't intending to make change or even a dent. He is satisfied just spreading the message of liberty.

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 11:28 AM
From what I know, Ron Paul isn't intending to make change or even a dent. He is satisfied just spreading the message of liberty.

Maybe he has seen the fate of other Presidents who have challenged the establishment?

JFK was a very strong message.

El Davicho
01-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Us true and loyal supports must shoot down the dissenters and operatives on these forums with the help of the moderators. The bashers are starting to make headway trying to discourage donations to the campaign, and criticizing HQ.

Don't let them win and then Ron Paul can win for us.

I want to respond to this, assuming it was directed at me, forgive me if I'm wrong.

This sort of clannish attitude won't help anything. I am a person of great passion and conviction when I become committed to something. You should see that a great many people who've become involved in politics during this historic campaign (between Clinton, Obama, Paul, even Romney) campaigning, caucussing, canvasing, etc., are brand new to politics. They don't know how things work...they don't know what chances there really are for change. Many of us are newbies digging for our direction, our role to play.

Be careful whom you dimiss as a dissenter or an operative. There are a great many potential allies who just haven't made up there mind yet.

AlexMerced
01-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Knowledge on the Conviction is the first step to having the Consistency and Creativity that is need to create change

crink
01-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Just remember this...

raised millions in cash,

He is winning.

The answer is simple...

He already has.

He actually has 100's of thousands of supporters... maybe millions but i'm not so sure of that.

This is a great answer btw.

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 01:07 PM
He actually has 100's of thousands of supporters... maybe millions but i'm not so sure of that.

This is a great answer btw.

100,000's of donors but not all are hard-core supporters yet.

If it were millions we would already have won.

ThisCharmingAzn
01-16-2008, 01:11 PM
All I can say is this:

The guy has ~$20 million. If anyone knows a thing or two about money, it's Dr. Paul. He is not dumb. It will be spent. The question is, when is the best time to spend the money? The answer is where it counts. So where does it count? The answer, in my opinion, is Super Tuesday.

Don't try telling me that the campaign forgot about the funds they have. But they need more so DONATE.

www.freeatlast2008.com

FTFW :D

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 01:24 PM

This is correct. RP has said we will re-evaluate things after super tuesday.

In other words, that's when we start gearing up for an independent for third-party run. ;)