PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we get these youtube videos on T.V.?

Xenophage
01-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Ok, I just saw the MLK "Free at Last" video. If we got commercials of that quality played on T.V. we'd win by a landslide. There are SO many good ones to use!

The national campaign has the money, but they appear interested only in running the crappy commercials they made. Maybe this is for legal reasons... I don't know.

It seems to me that this would be one of the most effective things we could do. A lot of people have said it before on these forums, and I agree. What can we do to get some really good commercials on T.V.?

JMO
01-16-2008, 10:00 AM
I think people underestimate how little people watch commercials. You have to hook someone quickly on a commercial or they lose interest, and also people don't want to watch 8 minute commercials. The people that watch these videos on Youtube seek these videos, people watch TV for shows not commercials.

fuzzybekool
01-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Youtube videos that make it on TV are those that get millions of views and stay atop the number 1 slot all week or month.

We have not been able to get a Ron Paul video up there yet.

Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton get all the attention.

mysticgeek
01-16-2008, 10:17 AM
I would argue that the whole reason the youtube videos become so popular is due to the fact they are online. The nature of the environment and the amount of people viewing is unique on it's own. If they put the vids on TV ... I think they would become nothing more than corporate MSM blasphemy.

http://ronpaulvids.wordpress.com/

steve005
01-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Trolls

itsnobody
01-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Isn't there a lot of copyright issues with these videos?

Let's just video bomb them