PDA

View Full Version : My dog helped recruit a potential new Ron Paul voter!

NCGOPer_for_Paul
07-26-2007, 06:49 AM
No this is not a joke.

Believe it or not, this is how we're going to win this. Talking to people at least gives Ron Paul name recognition.

I'm walking my dog, named Reagan, through the neighborhood after dinner yesterday, and a little girl, who always wants to play with the dog came over to see Reagan. This time her mom came with her. I haven't really spoken with the mom that much, but today she started talking to me. She asked the dog's name, and figured out that I was a Republican. Find out that she's a Republican too - in the Goldwater mold, happened to like Ronald Reagan, is disgusted with Bush, and repulsed by the Democrats.

We got into discussing the upcoming Charlotte mayoral race and the RINO we currently have and what to do in the primary, which led to the Presidential race. She was not happy about the choices, when I suggested Ron Paul. She hadn't heard of Dr. Paul. I said if you liked Reagan, and like what Barry Goldwater stood for, you'll probably like Ron Paul. I said a few things about Dr. Paul's ideas, and she seemed to be receptive. She was interested in the campaign, so I gave the website.

Maybe a new voter - NOT INCLUDED IN POLLING.

Bradley in DC
07-26-2007, 06:51 AM
Excellent.

quickmike
07-26-2007, 07:00 AM
No this is not a joke.

Believe it or not, this is how we're going to win this. Talking to people at least gives Ron Paul name recognition.

I'm walking my dog, named Reagan, through the neighborhood after dinner yesterday, and a little girl, who always wants to play with the dog came over to see Reagan. This time her mom came with her. I haven't really spoken with the mom that much, but today she started talking to me. She asked the dog's name, and figured out that I was a Republican. Find out that she's a Republican too - in the Goldwater mold, happened to like Ronald Reagan, is disgusted with Bush, and repulsed by the Democrats.

We got into discussing the upcoming Charlotte mayoral race and the RINO we currently have and what to do in the primary, which led to the Presidential race. She was not happy about the choices, when I suggested Ron Paul. She hadn't heard of Dr. Paul. I said if you liked Reagan, and like what Barry Goldwater stood for, you'll probably like Ron Paul. I said a few things about Dr. Paul's ideas, and she seemed to be receptive. She was interested in the campaign, so I gave the website.

Maybe a new voter - NOT INCLUDED IN POLLING.

Im telling you guys. Its stuff like this thats gonna win it for him, hes right. When I talk to people about him and show the excitement, they at least go check him out, and the name is now burned into their memory cells. NAME RECOGNITION.;)

Also mentioning him as a previous unknown that is raising more money than all but 2 candidates definitely peaks their interest all that much more.

freelance
07-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Seriously, walking a dog is one of the best ways to meet new people. Dog walkers are approachable.

If you don't have a dog, taking a walk is another excellent way to meet people in your neighborhood. Fellow walkers often stop to say hello and talk and sometimes resume walking together. That's a nice, relaxed way to bring up the obvious.

Another thing I do ias I run into people or talk to them on the phone is to tell them, "You're not going to believe this, but I'm actually going to vote this time--and for a REPUBLICAN!" They all know how disgusted I am with the status quo, so after they pick themselves up off the floor, they want to know more.

specialkornflake
07-26-2007, 07:12 AM
My dog, Goldwater, has been a great help. We should all consider name changes. =)