PDA

View Full Version : DHS computer turns school teacher into fugitive

XNavyNuke
01-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Homeland Security's watch list and DMV put Debbie Arthur through a nightmare (http://ourvalley.org/news.php?viewStory=2123)

What happened next scared her very much, and many would think rightly so.

She was in a classroom with students she tutors after school when she made the call. The woman on the other end of the line called her a convicted felon and a fugitive.

Arthur tried to explain herself but the lady on the other end kept telling her she was a fugitive from Decatur, Ga. and she had to come into the DMV in Roanoke with identification.

Finally, she went back to the DMV and eventually her identity was returned to her.

In the meantime she called Del. Lacey Putney, her representative in the Virginia House of Delegates, and he delivered some astounding news.

She said he told her of a glitch in the state computer system and that 1 out of 30 Virginians are either keyed in wrong or there is some other flaw in the system, and so problems can arise when the computers search for a match.

That is how Arthur was attached to the fugitive in Georgia—by the computer—and how she was connected to Homeland Security.

Being a teacher, she said she is well aware what the mistake could have done to her career.

State bureaucrats are bad enough, imagine having to fight through DC bureaucrats!

XNN

Wendi
01-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Those quotes don't do the nightmare justice. Click the link, and read the whole story. I just did, and I am :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

tommyzDad
01-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Dept. of Homeland [in]Security must.... [comment removed for fear of gov't snoopers: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1002037&posted=1#post1002037)] :mad:

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-19-2008, 11:25 AM
There is some 5 year old kid on the list. He cant fly. They say he is a terrorist.....

youngbuck
01-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Wow, I just got seriously pissed off, ENRAGED!

Corydoras
01-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Remember the Terry Gilliam movie "Brazil"? Remember when the insect falls off the ceiling and Tuttle is changed to Buttle? And the innocent guy gets a sack put over his head and the government takes him away? Just like that. But for real.