PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Finishes 3rd In Ann Arbor with app. 16%

Rob
01-16-2008, 08:38 AM
I hope this can serve as something of pick me up for those who are a little down right now.

3rd isn't as well as we would have liked, but 15-16% isn't too bad, right? We certainly blew Huckabee out of the water, he was a very distant 4th! I would like to thank all the Ann Arbor Precinct Leaders and other volunteers and also the Precinct Leaders for the precincts outside of Ann Arbor, you all got the word out and convinced people to vote Ron Paul in this part of the state.

Though the following article focuses primarily on students, the 3rd place finish is true for the city overall. I would like to further add that we had broader demographic than just the younger crowd voting for him about half our volunteers are middle-aged and only about 14,000 of 40,000 students are even registered to vote in Ann Arbor. What that means is that we got a large portion of the 80,000 non student residents to vote Ron Paul!

I'd also like to add that this is the first time we EVER got positive press in this paper. I guess when the results finally came in, the editors realized that we weren't a joke around here after all.

http://media.www.michigandaily.com/media/storage/paper851/news/2008/01/16/Government/Michigan.Win.Gives.Romney.New.Hope-3154245.shtml

JimInNY
01-16-2008, 08:43 AM
awesome job!

KewlRonduderules
01-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Ann Arbor= Big College Town!

University of Michigan is there!