PDA

View Full Version : I already posted this in strategies for success, but we need exposure on this idea.

Jennifer Reynolds
07-26-2007, 02:30 AM
///

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Hi Jennifer. Great idea!

It's the middle of the night, so I may not be thinking clearly, but I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with this sentence. It has to do with the double negative.

"Basically it says that the FDA should stop forcing supplement companies from NOT being allowed to print truthful articles.

Maybe something like ....... the FDA should stop forcing supplement companies to remain quiet about the health benefits of supplements.

That's not totally right either, but since it's the middle of the night, that's the best I can do right now. Someone else?

Lord Xar
07-26-2007, 02:54 AM
I think it is great.. sometimes its the small poignent things that resonate with people... ALso, if people are unaware of this, then its needs to be brought out..

You can get mailers to specific demographics.. 'small business owners' or "apartment owners" etc... and target them with a postcard..

I think your idea is a good one...

Since you thought of it.. how about you head it up? Create a marketing plan (don't post too much on here as we don't want others capitalizing on it)>.. contact a few trusted people.. and hash it out.. THEN BAMM.. bring it out and get people on board..

Gee
07-26-2007, 03:01 AM
That is a great idea. Special-interest business money may bring a lot of contributions, but general-interests should bring a lot too.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Would it help for targeting small businesses to get a list of these businesses? It used to be the case that one could obtain such a list from the Chamber of Commerce.

The supplement issue would be one that would resonate with health food stores, health clubs, and almost every alternative medicine practitioner and client that one can think of, nationwide. For example, Whole Foods has a huge clientele.

Slugg
07-26-2007, 03:37 AM
Great idea...bump..

I will do my best to find target specific articles written about/by Ron Paul...we can post them here....then through discussion figure out specifically which people need to see the articles.

I cannot guarantee I will be able to do this today, but I will have at least 3-4 hours tomorrow to work on it...

I will also write up some small templates for us to use...I think you're right, we should target small/medium businesses and special interest groups..

Anyone know his stance on the new royalties that the Copyright Royalties Board instituted? There is a big push by small/medium size Internet radio groups to repeal this decision...I only assume Ron Paul is against it, so they would be a great audience (commercials anyone?) for Ron Paul.

freelance
07-26-2007, 04:48 AM
How about we just tell the unvarnished truth. Doctors and health food owners are being raided and shoved around at gunpoint for speaking the truth while the FDA is turning into a drug company to shove killer medicine down our throats. Hell, they were even arresting cherry farmers a couple of years ago.

That sums it up pretty succinctly! Why the soft sell? Americans are waking up to the horrors of allopathic medicine. It's a life and death issue.

Organizations like www.lef.org and doctors like Dr. Julian Whitaker are exposing this mess. They along with with scientists Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw have won a lawsuit or two against the FDA at SCOTUS! We need to get them on board.

Here's what Dr. Whitaker says on his own site:

I have spent $1 million out of my own pocket funding legal challenges to FDA abuses, supporting legislation, and helping a small fraction of the many patients and practitioners who have been abused by the police powers of the regulatory agencies of this country.

Slugg
07-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Bump...This is in the Strategies for Success section also...but few venture into there (myself included....gotta work on that).
Here's the 'official' thread...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=89549#post89549

constituent
07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
perhaps

"to stop the FDA from supressing information about the many benefits of regularly taking the proper vitamins and supplements. Support your right to be informed by going ...[here]... to demand that your congressperson take action immediately."

dspectre
07-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Jennifer,

This is an incredibly good idea!! I especially like the one about sarbox. If you could target these businesses, it could go a long way, and they may have money to contribute!!!

Slugg
07-26-2007, 10:39 AM
I think this is great...we're going to need some help though.

I have been hitting up the small business mags and websites. We should probably try to hit any/all economics mags as well. I think we (those who can't ground pound) should emailing/calling economics mags to get the Presidential election discussion in the arena Ron Paul cannot be touched.

nullvalu
07-26-2007, 10:45 AM
I think this is great...we're going to need some help though.

I have been hitting up the small business mags and websites. We should probably try to hit any/all economics mags as well. I think we (those who can't ground pound) should emailing/calling economics mags to get the Presidential election discussion in the arena Ron Paul cannot be touched.

Definately, this need to be in the WSJ or maybe USA Today.

Slugg
07-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Definately, this need to be in the WSJ or maybe USA Today.

Yeah, I think that may be aiming a little high (Though let's go for it!)...but I have been targeting "Small Business" magazines. Many only circulate through out one or two states...but that's okay....if we can get in all of 'em...we're doing well.

MsDoodahs
07-26-2007, 11:04 AM
The radio ad we're working on in Iowa - can RP's objection to SarbOx be used in that?

Jennifer Reynolds
07-26-2007, 03:42 PM
///

nayjevin
07-26-2007, 05:25 PM
great idea.

this would also work well for email, but of course only to personal contacts who fit the description, not for 'buying lists' to spam

suggestions for other targeted pieces:

animal I.D. tagging = farmers

states right to legalize substance / end the war on drugs = college students, police, wardens, security, jailers, hippies

health care, illegal immigration's effect on hospitals = nurses, doctors, scrubs, social workers

I suggest that if someone writes one of these (or another) idea up for everyone to go start posting, that the thread be started in writing projects, and a notice be posted to this thread.

Name the thread in 'writing projects' something like 'viral writeup to post=health care' and we can find them all and recognize them easy. then anybody can come and post it wherever they can around the web.

or we could just have one thread in writing projects for just these writeups, so we can cut and paste from one place.

acstichter
07-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Good Thinking. I'll be bringing this to our meetup subcommittees.

Jennifer Reynolds
07-26-2007, 07:20 PM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
07-26-2007, 07:33 PM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
07-26-2007, 08:07 PM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
07-27-2007, 01:47 AM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
07-27-2007, 01:55 AM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
07-29-2007, 05:14 AM
///

Slugg
07-29-2007, 07:20 AM
Okay...I'm in...I'm going to PM you my email address.

Here is my method so far. I will do my best to keep track of who I contact (which websites, magizines, and newspapers).
I am running Google searches for the follwoing combinations of words:
"Sarbox"
"Small buisness Sarbox"
"Small Buisness Owners"
"Small buisness forums"
"Small buisness advertising"
"Small Buisness magazine"

At each of these I am either starting a thread, leaving a comment, or sending an email to the author all with the link to his article.

Jennifer Reynolds
07-29-2007, 11:45 PM
///

michaelwise
07-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Does anyone know of any Ron Paul grassroots campaign workers like us , that have gone Missing? Maybe we could launch a nationwide search for that person. Get the TV people involved.

Jennifer Reynolds
07-30-2007, 02:16 AM
///