PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Only Those Who Contributed To The Recount Chipin

UK4Paul
01-16-2008, 02:48 AM
Hi Folks

This is addressed only to those who actually contributed, since it's our money. If you did not contribute, please do not post "I think it should be used for..." replies - thankyou.

If the Granny Warriors are unable to use our contributions on a New Hampshire recount, then I suggest they should keep the money in reserve, in case we need a recount elsewhere.

And they should have it stored somewhere in such a way that they can present a check when it is needed.

Anyone who actually contributed to the chipin agree?

P.S: If you didn't contribute, then you weren't in favour of the recount, so we already know your opinion, thanks. We don't need any "stop with the recount" or "waste of resources" or "Ron didn't support it" replies, thanks - these have already been addressed multiple times in other threads.

RPTXState
01-16-2008, 02:50 AM
where you able to get the money back? AFAIK once Paypal freezes your money...it's their money.

UK4Paul
01-16-2008, 02:54 AM
where you able to get the money back? AFAIK once Paypal freezes your money...it's their money.

No, Paypal just "freeze" the account. Once the Granny Warriors can sort things out with Paypal, the funds should become available again.

It is a fraud prevention measure on Paypal's part. Unfortunately, it came at a very bad time. I know several business people to whom this happens when they receive large amounts of money in a short period of time. The money becomes available again once Paypal unfreezes the account.

Abobo
01-16-2008, 02:56 AM

Not true, I had my account frozen last year with about $15K in it and I was able to get it reactivated. Sometimes PayPal can be very arbitrary with their TOS, my account was frozen because one thing out of about 500 on my site was considered "adult" so they froze the account. After I contacted them, explained the situation they got my account reactivated in a few hours.

Taco John
01-16-2008, 02:57 AM
Any way you slice it, using Paypal doomed the project.

Lessons need to be learned, and we need to move forward. Kucinich is still moving forward with his recount. If anything fishy gets turned up, then the entire state will come into question.

UK4Paul
01-16-2008, 03:00 AM
Hi Taco John

Yes, that's why I personally hope the Granny Warriors keep the money in reserve, in case it's needed for a recount elsewhere.

That way the money is ready and waitin' IF there is a next time :)

Talcott
01-16-2008, 03:21 AM
Hey man I chipped in and I think we need to fight.

Make them accept a glitch in our effort ,and continue the recount, let us seek a redress for our grievences

UK4Paul
01-16-2008, 03:25 AM
Hi Talcott

I agree.

All it needs is SOMEONE to present the Sec of State with a $55K check.

Unfortunately, I'm flat broke and don't have any assets.

But surely there must be some Ron Paul supporter well off enough to present a $55K check???

Edu
01-16-2008, 04:30 AM
I am waiting for the lawsuit!

It's easy to file, only small filing fee normally under $100, paperwork is simple and some legal people here on the forums know how to do that. Each voter could sue one at a time. I'm sure anyone who donated could sue, and who cares, file it anyway, send a message.

The SOS needs to be recalled. He should be doing a recount on principal alone. NH people need to start a recall petition right now.

The SOS needs to know a recall will be done if he doesn't do whats right, here's info:

Elections@sos.state.nh.us

Secretary of State - William M. Gardner
Senior Deputy Secretary of State - Robert P. Ambrose
Deputy Secretary of State - David M. Scanlan

State House, Room 204, Concord, N.H. 03301
Phone: 603-271-3242 Fax: 603-271-6316
Email: Elections@sos.state.nh.us

The law is "RSA 660":
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/lxiii/660/660-mrg.htm

"the candidate shall pay the fees as provided in RSA 660:2, III and shall agree in writing with the secretary of state to pay any additional costs of the recount."

Nothing about a 1 day pay or else timeframe. NOTHING! Look for yourself.

This is what the SOS MUST do: 660:4 "Upon satisfactory application for a recount as provided in RSA 660:1, the secretary of state shall begin the process of recounting the ballots on the Wednesday following the deadline for requesting a recount."

660:1 has been satisfied, the "agree to pay" part has been submitted. NOTHING about any time limit to pay in the law.

You should be really upset about this, steaming mad, American votes aren't being counted properly!

(and 1% difference is all we need to get the money returned it looks like)

Did I post the email? Elections@sos.state.nh.us
Did I post the fax? 603-271-6316

rbmcdonald
01-16-2008, 09:36 AM
I am fine with whatever. I trust the Grannys, I sent the money. I am on to something else now.