PDA

View Full Version : Work in Progress: Grassroots Final Notice Debt Burden to Taxpayers

Jobarra
01-16-2008, 02:45 AM
*Updated 01/21/2008 - Rough Draft portion finished. rpfan2008 was nice enough to graphically design a document with the text.
Graphic document can be found HERE (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=96659)

*Work In Progress portion finished. Please see new thread.*
Rough Draft thread can be found HERE (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=988534#post988534)

As discussed in THIS Thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89241), the U.S. Comptroller General David Walker has been trying to educate the public about the coming debt burden for all Americans since last year. A recent Glenn Beck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-16u9x3tfE) show as well as Another Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS2fI2p9iVs)(Does anyone know where this youtube was pulled from? Looks like Mercola is the user which may be the Dr. Mercola that backed Dr. Paul awhile back, but I'm not familiar with him) show him discussing this problem and pretty much advocating Dr. Paul's positions. He won't endorse any candidate, but I'm pretty sure he wants this information out since it sounds like hardly anyone in D.C. is listening to him. Dr. Paul is the ONLY candidate who even thinks about this and the other candidates laugh at him when he brings up these points.

The original thought was to create a 'bill' type of document and mail it to voters around America. When they opened the 'bill' they would see something that looked like a bill and said they owed $400,000+. The document would then break out the total costs and go into how Dr. Paul would fix the problem. My thoughts with this(since I canvass right now) is to create a handout that just goes over the information and Dr. Paul's overall talking points to fix the issue. Then this could be handed out by canvassers as easy talking points that grab even decided(but not for Paul) voters' eyes. Others could probably easily change the document into the original thought of a 'bill' document, but since I don't have the time to run a chipin to mail these 'bills' out, I'll let someone else do that. FYI though, quite a few people I've talked with have said they wouldn't vote for a candidate that was related to something sneaky like that. If they were made to think it was an actual bill and then found out it was a political ad, they absolutely wouldn't vote for the candidate.

I want to create a document that is completely factual. Any errors that are found could put the whole document in a bad light which could be spun by the media to make it ineffective :(. My plan is to create the document in parts to allow for easy discussion with all on these forums and work toward a text that can be handed off to a graphic designer to create a finished product that can then be used by the grassroots. The problem is this needs to be designed yesterday so this will be some rapid development so that we can hopefully canvass/email this out before Feb 5th.

I will design as follows:
Quoted segments will be the actual document parts. Discussion questions and factchecking needs will be after each part. As these needs get done, I'll translate them into the quoted segments until we have one large text document ready to go.

Again, this is a work in progress and I'll try to note the last time it was updated. Anyone can help with this as long as you include your sources(reputable sources only). The sources are being given intermediate reference numbers. Once the document is completely together, I'll change to ordered numeric references.

Last updated: 01/17/08 6:02 PM

{Large Text here, maybe 5 times the regular font?}FINAL NOTICE?

{More Large Text}YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS A FISCAL BURDEN OF $440,000 DUE TO THE U.S. GOVERNMENT

"I would argue that the most serious threat to the United States is not someone hiding in a cave in Afghanistan or Pakistan, but our own fiscal irresponsibility." - Hon. David Walker, U.S. Comptroller General [1]

According to David Walker, the U.S. Comptroller General, every U.S. household has a fiscal burden of $440,000. David Walker can be thought of as the head accountant of the United States Government and his office, the GAO(Government Accountability Office), has crunched the numbers and found that every household in the United States has a fiscal burden of $440,000 due to entitlement programs coming due over the next 20 years. [2]

According to Mr. Walker, the future benefits burden rose from $13 Trillion in 2000 to $38.8 Trillion in 2006, an increase of 197%!
Mr. Walker breaks this down further:
Future Social Security Benefits were $3.8 Trillion in 2000 and increased to $6.4 Trillion in 2006
Future Medicare Part A Benefits were $2.7 Trillion in 2000 and increased to $11.3 Trillion in 2006
Future Medicare Part B Benefits were $6.5 Trillion in 2000 and increased to $13.1 Trillion in 2006
Future Medicare Part D Benefits were only just created in 2003 and were $7.9 Trillion in 2006
"The Prescription Drug Bill was probably the most fiscally irresponsible piece of legislation since the 1960s. ... we've promised way more than we can afford to keep. Eight trillion dollars added to what was already a fifteen to twenty trillion dollar underfunding. We're not being realistic. We can't afford the promises we've already made, much less to be piling on top of them. ... We'd have to have eight trillion dollars today, invested at treasury rates, to deliver on that promise." - David Walker, US Comptroller General speaking on the Bill that created the Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Medicare Part D) [3]
When the interviewer asked how much money we have today, Walker replied, "Zip!" while making a zero with his fingers.

Mr. Walker lays out the problems we are facing in a powerpoint presentation that he shows while touring the country raising awareness of this issue:
"Current Fiscal Policy is Unsustainable

The 'Status Quo' is Not an Option

We face large and growing structural deficits largely due to known demographic trends and rising health care costs
GAO's simulations show that balancing the budget in 2040 could require actions as large as

Cutting total federal spending by 60 percent or
Raising federal taxes to 2 times today's level

Faster Economic Growth Can Help, But It Cannot Solve the Problem

Closing the current long-term fiscal gap based on reasonable assumptions would require real average annual economic growth in the double digit range every year for the next 75 years
During the 1990s, the economy grew at an average 3.2 percent per year
As a result, we cannot simply grow our way out of this problem. Tough choices will be required"

Please note that David Walker does not endorse any candidate. These figures are only used to show the situation the United States is in under past and current policies. Tough choices need to be made to make sure that the government is fiscally viable in the future.

Which of the current presidential candidates can make these tough choices?
For over 20 years in the House of Representatives, Dr. Ron Paul has said no to spending and advocated common sense Constitutional government for preserving our way of life. He is the only medical doctor of all the presidential candidates and has watched as healthcare costs skyrocketed due to government intervention in healthcare. Ron Paul is referred to by many in Congress as "Dr. No" for his consistent 20 year voting record of voting against unconstitutional spending. Sometimes he is the only dissenting vote.

Ron Paul voted against creating Medicare Part D in 2003 [4] and instead cosponsored a bill (HR 2427 [108th Congress])allowing U.S. Citizens to buy cheaper drugs from outside of the US instead of the artificially high priced prescription drugs inside the US. This would have given money BACK to taxpayers instead of taking more from them.

"Mr. Speaker, I am pleased to be an original cosponsor of HR 2427, the Pharmaceutical Market Access Act, because I believe it is an important bill that will benefit all Americans. As my colleagues are aware, many Americans are concerned about the high cost of prescription drugs. These high prices particularly affect senior citizens who have a greater than average need for prescription drugs and a lower than average income. Of course, some of these seniors may soon have at least part of their prescription drug costs covered by Medicare.

Medicare is already on shaky financial ground, yet will soon be subsidizing prescription drug costs. This is why Congress must address the issue of prescription drug costs. Of course Congress should respect our constitutional limits, and not further expand the role of government in the health care market.

Fortunately, there are a number of market-oriented policies Congress can adopt to lower the prices of prescription drugs. This is because the main reason prescription drugs cost so much is government policies that give a few large companies monopoly power. For example, policies restricting the importation of quality pharmaceuticals enable pharmaceutical companies to charge above-market prices for their products. Therefore, all members of Congress who are serious about lowering prescription drug prices should support HR 2427"
- excerpt from Ron Paul's speech for HR 2427 [108th Congress] [5]

In this excerpt from Ron Paul's Issues page on Healthcare[6], we see what a Ron Paul presidency supports:
"The federal government will not suddenly become efficient managers if universal health care is instituted. Government health care only means long waiting periods, lack of choice, poor quality, and frustration. Many Canadians, fed up with socialized medicine, come to the U.S. in order to obtain care. Socialized medicine will not magically work here.

Health care should not be left up to HMOs, big drug companies, and government bureaucrats.

It is time to take back our health care. This is why I support:

Making all medical expenses tax deductible.
Eliminating federal regulations that discourage small businesses from providing coverage.
Giving doctors the freedom to collectively negotiate with insurance companies and drive down the cost of medical care.
Making every American eligible for a Health Savings Account(HSA), and removing the requirement that individuals must obtain a high-deductible insurance policy before opening an HSA.
Reform licensure requirements so that pharmacists and nurses can perform some basic functions to increase access to care and lower costs.

By removing federal regulations, encouraging competition, and presenting real choices, we can make our health care system the envy of the world once again. "

If you have watched the televised debates so far, you may have noticed that Ron Paul speaks about monetary policy and the economy for nearly every question. While others on the stage laugh at him for his responses, he seems to be the only one that understands that bad monetary and economic policies are key causes of the issues we face today, from the increasing money supply(and thus increasing inflation) created by the unregulated Federal Reserve, to a foreign policy that is inconsistent with the founding fathers and is rapidly helping to bankrupt the nation. When the other candidates laugh at our nation's problems, you have to wonder why they are even running to be President. Knowingly though, we have seen these same candidates starting to mimic Ron Paul's ideas as his support has grown by leaps and bounds. Don't be fooled by those jumping on the bandwagon, Ron Paul is and has been the real deal for over 30 years.

Ron Paul has:

never voted to raise taxes.
never voted for an unbalanced budget.
never voted to raise congressional pay.
never taken a government-paid junket.
never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
not participated in the lucrative congressional pension program.
never voted to spend money out of the Social Security Fund.
returned a portion of his congressional office's budget to the U.S. Treasury every year.

As you can see, America needs to make some hard decisions right now in order to survive in the future. Ron Paul cannot do this alone. He needs the help of Congressmen who aren't afraid to take on the task of being responsible fiscally and change the way that the government operates by falling more inline with the Constitutionally defined government responsibilities. Please write your Congressman with your concerns about this looming problem. If your Congressman won't listen, elect one that will. Please also help elect Ron Paul as President in 2008.

SOURCES
[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS2fI2p9iVs 00:54 - 01:08
[2] http://www.gao.gov/cghome/d08353cg.pdf
[3] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS2fI2p9iVs 05:26 - 06:11
[4] http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h108-1
[5] http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=627
[6] http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/health-care/

Please take time to review the following additional sources of information about Ron Paul:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ - Ron Paul's official 2008 campaign website.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/ - Issues page on Ron Paul's official website.
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/ - A collection of speeches and Congressional newsletters by Dr. Ron Paul.

Created by the Ron Paul Grassroots - Not Affiliated with any Official Political Campaign

skipford
01-16-2008, 04:45 AM
here's a start. someone needs to make it look pretty.

http://www.staremagazine.com/temp/Rp-bill.doc

ionlyknowy
01-16-2008, 05:05 AM
I thought the national debt was $9 trillion dollars?

The population of the US is 300 million people. If you divide these two numbers then you come out with $30,000 per person NOT $400,000.

You may assume that the average household holds 4 people. So the bill could be for $120,000 unless I am missing something here.....

ionlyknowy
01-16-2008, 05:06 AM
Oh and this is an AWESOME idea! Please run with this... and I wish postage was cheaper..

skipford
01-16-2008, 05:13 AM
$9 trillion is the debt today. But our entitlements that are promised to this wave of retirees will cause that number to explode.

rpfan2008
01-16-2008, 05:20 AM
Can anyone confirm this:

Who Owns The Federal Reserve?

There has been much speculation about who owns the Federal Reserve Corporation.
It has been one of the great secrets of the century, because the Federal Reserve
Act of 1913 provided that the names of the owner banks be kept secret.

If this is true and we manage to pass it through as a message to the people..imagine what kind of storm it can create..

skipford
01-16-2008, 05:24 AM
It is mostly wealthy bankers from England. The Rockefellers are the largest US shareholder, reported somewhere around 5%. The Federal Reserve is a corporation, just like Federal Express, although it is privately and secretly owned.

idiom
01-16-2008, 06:10 AM
You could leave most RP stuff out of it and just shock the hell out of everyone. Make it look like a real bill and leave a contact phone number: if you think this is in error please call toll free: <RP campaing number>

Just make the number big so that no one kills themselves before calling. that would be bad.

rpfan2008
01-16-2008, 06:13 AM
It is mostly wealthy bankers from England. The Rockefellers are the largest US shareholder, reported somewhere around 5%. The Federal Reserve is a corporation, just like Federal Express, although it is privately and secretly owned.

any official/trustworthy/legal source ?

NocturnalC
01-16-2008, 06:16 AM

The population of the US is 300 million people. If you divide these two numbers then you come out with $30,000 per person NOT $400,000.

You may assume that the average household holds 4 people. So the bill could be for $120,000 unless I am missing something here.....

Are interest and ungodly baby boomer and social program promises included in your calculations? :confused:

ionlyknowy
01-16-2008, 06:24 AM
Are interest and ungodly baby boomer and social program promises included in your calculations? :confused:

I forgot about that....

I still think that it is outrageous that every man woman and child owes $30,000 even without the entitlements.

You might want to just focus on what we Actually owe in real dollars at the present.

Then add at the bottom, if you want to continue with social security etc, then add another $330,000.

I love telling people that they owe the Govt. $30,000 and so does their child. lol.. people's eyes get really big when you tell them that.

Then they proceed to say that they will never have to pay it... if you think about it then alot of people will rationalize it away thinking it will be pushed to further generations...

You might want to put in the bill how fast the bill is growing...

IRO-bot
01-16-2008, 06:44 AM
I have a question about the Federal Reserve. Since it is owned by private people. It prints the money and Congress spends it right? How does the FR make profit? Do our tax dolars go to it or something?

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 06:50 AM
I will be sending the Beck/Walker video clip to all the leadership in my State's GOP starting today, one email at a time, with my name, home address, and telephone number on the email.

Not even a "Ron Paul" plug per se, but more along the lines of "It's Official, USA Declares Bankruptcy".

I'll type up an email this morning and post it here for feedback.

If the USA were a company, it's stock would be the dollar. How's our portfolio doing these days?

Cinci4RP
01-16-2008, 07:21 AM

debt is 9 trillion

we owe som 60 trillion in entitlements, that is where the 440000 comes from

Cinci4RP
01-16-2008, 07:22 AM
I have a question about the Federal Reserve. Since it is owned by private people. It prints the money and Congress spends it right? How does the FR make profit? Do our tax dolars go to it or something?

ht eFR makes a profit because it costs like $23 to print 1000 bills which they "sell" to the USA at face value......

DUH???

Helluva margin there

Jobarra
01-16-2008, 12:21 PM
here's a start. someone needs to make it look pretty.

http://www.staremagazine.com/temp/Rp-bill.doc

Unfortunately, I think now after talking with other voters that the bill 'trick' might be a bad idea for trying to sway undecided voters. The voters just need the facts in an easily digested format I think.

I forgot about that....

I still think that it is outrageous that every man woman and child owes $30,000 even without the entitlements.

You might want to just focus on what we Actually owe in real dollars at the present.

Then add at the bottom, if you want to continue with social security etc, then add another $330,000.

I love telling people that they owe the Govt. $30,000 and so does their child. lol.. people's eyes get really big when you tell them that.

Then they proceed to say that they will never have to pay it... if you think about it then alot of people will rationalize it away thinking it will be pushed to further generations...

You might want to put in the bill how fast the bill is growing...

Well, I just added the source for the introduction. Click on the [IN1] source. That is the powerpoint presentation that David Walker shows on his fiscal responsibility tour. This is straight from the head accountant of the government. I don't think I can present it any better than he can except for adding a solution of electing Ron Paul :). I wish we could print out the powerpoint presentation itself and send it out, but people would still have no clue about Dr. Paul and would probably still elect the other candidates because they just mention economy and reduce spending at every campaign stop :(.

ht eFR makes a profit because it costs like $23 to print 1000 bills which they "sell" to the USA at face value......

DUH???

Helluva margin there
Credible source? I highly doubt it. Private banks DO make 6% interest on their shares according to the FED's own FAQ. My continuing question is where this profit comes from?

However, discussing the FED may be a little too over the top for this document. I think this needs to be kept simple as we're trying to attract those who have no clue about this. If we start talking about FED and bilderburgs people's eyes WILL glaze over. If we talk about the FED it needs to be a glazing over the top of it talking about how low interest rates causes inflation of the monetary supply. Besides, I don't think there would be enough room in a one page document to discuss the problem with the FED.

Document Change Log
Changed "Your household owes" to "Your household has a fiscal burden"

Carole
01-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Prescription Drug program quadrupled this entitlement debt according to Walker. You would need to state Ron Paul's vote on that matter.

angrydragon
01-16-2008, 12:35 PM
I like this idea. Putting Dr. Paul as the one that agrees with David Walker.

Jobarra
01-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Prescription Drug program quadrupled this entitlement debt according to Walker. You would need to state Ron Paul's vote on that matter.
Anyone happen to remember what bill this was? The prescription drug bill?

I like this idea. Putting Dr. Paul as the one that agrees with David Walker.
I like to think of Mr. Walker as being the one that finally agrees with Dr. Paul ;)

It really helps when the head accountant agrees with your position of 30 years.

emilysdad
01-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Unfortunately, I think now after talking with other voters that the bill 'trick' might be a bad idea for trying to sway undecided voters. The voters just need the facts in an easily digested format I think.

Well, I just added the source for the introduction. Click on the [IN1] source. That is the powerpoint presentation that David Walker shows on his fiscal responsibility tour. This is straight from the head accountant of the government. I don't think I can present it any better than he can except for adding a solution of electing Ron Paul :). I wish we could print out the powerpoint presentation itself and send it out, but people would still have no clue about Dr. Paul and would probably still elect the other candidates because they just mention economy and reduce spending at every campaign stop :(.

Credible source? I highly doubt it. Private banks DO make 6% interest on their shares according to the FED's own FAQ. My continuing question is where this profit comes from?

However, discussing the FED may be a little too over the top for this document. I think this needs to be kept simple as we're trying to attract those who have no clue about this. If we start talking about FED and bilderburgs people's eyes WILL glaze over. If we talk about the FED it needs to be a glazing over the top of it talking about how low interest rates causes inflation of the monetary supply. Besides, I don't think there would be enough room in a one page document to discuss the problem with the FED.

American and European banks are believed the owners of the Fed, but the 300 or so individual shareholders is not and only speculation. The Fed has no government oversight and it's books are closed to auditors. Only insiders know what goes on at the Fed.

Profit? Really, the Fed doesn't even print paper anymore it is all electronic data entry. Money created out of thin air, backed by nothing (well backed by debt) used by our government, paid back by taxpayers (interest only)), sounds like a recipe for profit to me.

Jobarra
01-16-2008, 12:56 PM
American and European banks are believed the owners of the Fed, but the 300 or so individual shareholders is not and only speculation. The Fed has no government oversight and it's books are closed to auditors. Only insiders know what goes on at the Fed.

Profit? Really, the Fed doesn't even print paper anymore it is all electronic data entry. Money created out of thin air, backed by nothing (well backed by debt) used by our government, paid back by taxpayers (interest only)), sounds like a recipe for profit to me.
Again, I need credible sources or Ron Paul quotes. Preferrably both. This is about documented facts that I can include in this fact sheet. Anything else is just conjecture.

Jobarra
01-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Bumpity Boppity Boo.

Slist
01-17-2008, 03:11 AM
A bump for this great project

Jobarra
01-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Bump.

Unfortunately, without at least a few other people helping find and document great quotes and stats to add to the fact sheet, this may take a little longer than expected or just come out really short. I really want something like this to hand out before this weekend, but it's not looking good. The ironic thing is there are so many speeches and examples of Ron Paul being against spending that it's a monumental task trying to truncate it all in a meaningful way. Oh well, got to go do some errands around town but I'll be back in a few hours to hopefully work on this again.

RPinSEAZ
01-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Do we have an example yet so we can start printing these things out?

Leslie Webb
01-17-2008, 12:29 PM
#2 post link to stare magazine
Nice statement of the numbers for the debt and future obligations, good summary of Ron's positions

Change :
1. 'our nations obligations' to 'our nation's obligations'
2. 'weaking dollar' to 'weakening dollar'

dannno
01-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Ron Paul said that "The Fed is more secret than the CIA"

One of the other ways the Fed profits is that it is made up of "member banks". When they create cash, it is put out into the economy and a lot of it ends up back in bank accounts. With our required reserve ratio lending system, they can then lend that money back out at exorbitant interest rates, especially considering they are "members" of the "bank" that just "created" all this wealth from thin air.

"The Creature From Jeckyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin is a good resource, but then again you probably don't want to read an entire book just to write this thing.

Interesting idea.

kisstheclowns
01-17-2008, 01:07 PM
somewhere to the tune of 60 trillion! People need to know this.

Jobarra
01-17-2008, 01:34 PM
somewhere to the tune of 60 trillion! People need to know this.
Yeah, people keep saying that, but I'm seeing NO help in finishing the text. I can't include discussion in this fact sheet. I need cold hard facts/quotes with documented sources. I want people to be so incredulous that they go look up the sources and hopefully decide to look up Dr. Paul's consistent record of voting against this disasterous policy for years. That's when we have their vote. It's just taking so long to wade through all of the good stuff to find concise quotes to get Dr. Paul's point across. I'm still cringing at the huge speech excerpt I have up there right now from Dr. Paul, but it points out his thoughts on the Medicare Part D pretty concisely especially with David Walker talking about it being fiscally irresponsible.

I also need some good arguments against the 'electability' issue. One thought is that with the economy crashing, there is no other candidate with Dr. Paul's consistency in the entire election process. These don't need to be backed up by sources as much as just need to be persuasive arguments. I'm still kind of iffy if I'll bring up the electability issue though as once people start thinking about it their mind might go back to the media's smear tactics and shut their mind off.

#2 post link to stare magazine
Nice statement of the numbers for the debt and future obligations, good summary of Ron's positions

Change :
1. 'our nations obligations' to 'our nation's obligations'
2. 'weaking dollar' to 'weakening dollar'
Thanks. That's more along the lines of what I'm looking for. Critique of the layout itself is definitely welcome.

Slist
01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Ok, one think to absolutely avoid is the receiver to associate the shock of the bill with "Ron paul". He has to associate the shock to the current state and "Ron paul" with solution. Now, I don't know how to do that because I have no training in marketing and such, but i see this as vital.

Jobarra
01-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Ok, one think to absolutely avoid is the receiver to associate the shock of the bill with "Ron paul". He has to associate the shock to the current state and "Ron paul" with solution. Now, I don't know how to do that because I have no training in marketing and such, but i see this as vital.
I agree. Spoke with several people and they said they would NOT vote for a candidate if they got something that looked like an official bill. I've given up on that idea, thus only 2 'shock' headlines. I'm going to further soften the 'shock' value by adding a '?' after 'FINAL NOTICE'. I think that should key them into it not being a real bill. Plus, how many bills have a large amount of text in them :D

I was planning to transition from Mr. Walker's comments into Ron Paul's solutions, but it's alot harder than it looks :(. I'm trying to not put too much information on the page, but it's just hard to trim the information down to 'soundbytes'. I can see the problem that Dr. Paul has relating all of this in debates and even interviews :(

Crickett
01-17-2008, 05:09 PM
I really liked the idea. ANYTHING that gets someone to read the thing is great. You could add a comment at the top THIS IS NOT A BILL (But it could be..) Or WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE THIS? Something like that. I think it is a great idea and more people woiuld read it than a regular piece.

Jobarra
01-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah, the slim jims are nice, but they don't have much substance to them. I want to grab someone's attention so that they take the time to research Dr. Paul's positions.

Slist
01-21-2008, 02:33 AM
No one came up with a graphic design yet? A lot of people worked on that as far as I can remember. Btw I am sure that there are MANY associations worried about national debt...they would gladly sponsor such an action.

Knightskye
01-21-2008, 02:47 AM
I like it, but aren't we sinking to Giuliani's level by scaring the public into voting for Ron Paul?

ronpaul4pres
01-21-2008, 03:01 AM

You're right, but I put it this way: every child born in the USA today is enslaved to a $30,000 debt that continues to grow.

ST0PandL00K
01-21-2008, 03:14 AM
great idea!

tomveil
01-21-2008, 03:41 AM
I love this idea, but I'd suggest the following:

Don't make it look TOO much like a bill. We want to give people facts, not make them crap their pants.

Only use real numbers in terms of the debt. Add entitlements later down the page. "Your family of 4 owes 120,000" is just as staggering.

Add in costs per person for the Iraq War. People FREAK THE HELL OUT when I tell them how much they've "spent" on the war.

Keep it up :D

Jobarra
01-21-2008, 01:48 PM
No one came up with a graphic design yet? A lot of people worked on that as far as I can remember. Btw I am sure that there are MANY associations worried about national debt...they would gladly sponsor such an action.
One person is working on a graphic design for it as far as I know. Someone else did a bill type document, but I think a bill 'trick' would push people AGAINST Paul.

I like it, but aren't we sinking to Giuliani's level by scaring the public into voting for Ron Paul?
We're giving them a legitimate concern. They better be concerned about this as this is a real threat. Unlike Giuliani, Ron Paul actually has a record of trying to fix this. It is kind of funny though. Someone should make a video with Rudy saying 9/11 alot and then mix it with Ron Paul saying monetary/economic policy alot :D

rpfan2008
01-21-2008, 02:57 PM
the bills are ready

Jobarra
01-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Where's it at rpfan2008? :)

kirkblitz
01-21-2008, 03:13 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=96659