PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Michigan?!?!?!?!

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:12 AM
University of Michigan supports Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFy--JHgYIw)

It is so unfortunate that Michigan was a loss, it could have been an incredibly exciting win. Will things turn around? There's about 4 days.... to put things back together.

Also, personally, let me just say don't listen to rumors going around the internet lately. I promise that by Sunday ( at the latest ) I'll put some rumors to rest.

Anyway, cheer up guys, but don't forget the opportunity we're losing by having the greatest election alive. We need to make this exciting again, and ... well... you know I never even tell people what I think now a-days, I just kind of make big things happen.

I'll post up later with more later ... biggups for the night crew.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 02:14 AM
I don't think people need any cheering up. Ron crushed Giuliani and Thompson today and we came in 4th, which is a step up. :)

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Oh yeah that youtube video is 3 months old.

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:15 AM
yeah 4th is fantastic because that means he's still in the debates.

pacelli
01-16-2008, 02:16 AM
Those 18-24 y/o university kids definitely showed up to vote, RP had 54,000 voters. The campaign needs to spread out and target older voters, women, and veterans.

Agent CSL
01-16-2008, 02:16 AM
He came in 4th, or, 53,000 people.

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:18 AM
That is wicked pacelli. Sounds like Michigan was actually ran well. But who ran Michigan?

The first Michigan state coordinator quit after a few days, and I haven't heard much about the second.

Sounds like a victory for the grassroots, I think.

After all, I can directly list who made a difference in Michigan, and I can't name anybody from the official campaign. Just saying. Who should we congratulate... ???? My first vote goes to Hamedea

ronpauleddy
01-16-2008, 02:20 AM
I don't think people need any cheering up. Ron crushed Giuliani and Thompson today and we came in 4th, which is a step up. :)

I AGREE!!

We did not have help from the National campaign!!
We did not have T.V. ads!!
We did not have Ron Paul in Michigan!!
BUT...we beat Fred and Rudy COMBINED!!

This my friends is huge!! Imagine what an organized effort from the National campaign would have done!!
This is why I have Faith in Nevada!!
This is why as many of us should try and make it to Florida!!
Keep on FIGHTING!! we reached over 55,000 people in Michigan!!
That's over 80,000 people awakened so far in just 3 states!!
This means we are waking up MILLIONS across the nation!!
All on our own!! WE ARE WINNING!! Keep it up!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

pacelli
01-16-2008, 02:20 AM
That is wicked pacelli. Sounds like Michigan was actually ran well. But who ran Michigan?

The first Michigan state coordinator quit after a few days, and I haven't heard much about the second.

I think the former Bush/Cheney campaign person screwed up in Michigan and started ordering people around. There's a thread about her efforts. I think Michigan was almost entirely a grassroots victory. It didn't get us a win, but we did beat the ghoul and dead thompson. The campaign had better be doing amazing work in Nevada right now for saturday.

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:23 AM
If they didn't spend money in Michigan, what happened to the money? I read in another thread Joe Seehusan said it was all gone. If it even cost anything like 20 million to run in IA and NH, even 5 million, how can we expect them to make 3Xs the money do literally 40Xs the work? Is the campaign doomed? I don't know. =/

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:25 AM
I am personally, personally disappointed in the Michigan vote turnout, even though it's 4th. Better then before doesn't matter to me, I want to see the *best* results. They're not happening.

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:25 AM
All I have to say is the campaign better wake up ... that's all I have to say. That's my personal opinion =/ :-/

austin356
01-16-2008, 02:26 AM
If they didn't spend money in Michigan, what happened to the money? I read in another thread Joe Seehusan said it was all gone. If it even cost anything like 20 million to run in IA and NH, even 5 million, how can we expect them to make 3Xs the money do literally 40Xs the work? Is the campaign doomed? I don't know. =/

The campaign has been doomed since the day I had to tell my state coordinator how many people were expected to show up in the primary for my state.

Unless a "miracle happens" (aka the rumors you are hearing about), then we are doomed.

morerocklesstalk
01-16-2008, 02:27 AM
All I have to say is the campaign better wake up ... that's all I have to say. That's my personal opinion =/ :-/

I wouldn't blame the campaign. We are in a party that has really shifted its focus and redefined itself.

Marc3579
01-16-2008, 02:29 AM
I'm not going to blame the campaign or point fingers. Nor will I listen to "oh I know things, but, I can't say until..."

Taco John
01-16-2008, 02:30 AM
I definitely don't see Michigan as a loss. I didn't expect to come in first. We came in right where I had thought we would. My spirits are high. The Republican party is in gridlock. We just need Fred to win in SC, Giuliani to win in Florida, and we need to have a strong showing in Nevada. That would be just about perfect.

FenceWalker
01-16-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm not going to blame the campaign or point fingers. Nor will I listen to "oh I know things, but, I can't say until..."
QFT.

Michigan11
01-16-2008, 02:32 AM

After all, I can directly list who made a difference in Michigan, and I can't name anybody from the official campaign. Just saying. Who should we congratulate... ???? My first vote goes to Hamedea

It was a victory for the grassroots. The campaigns staff here needs to be fired for incompetence, lack of ability, lack of communication, lack of ability to form thoughts based on reason and common sense, and for lying to grassroots supporters.

Otherwise, the grassroots kicked ass!

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm not aware of any miracle plan happening, at least not yet .... =/

I'm ... kind of worried... and a bit sad

I'm sad about Michigan

I really actually kind of take that personal

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:35 AM
It was a victory for the grassroots. The campaigns staff here needs to be fired for incompetence, lack of ability, lack of communication, lack of ability to form thoughts based on reason and common sense, and for lying to grassroots supporters.

Otherwise, the grassroots kicked ass!

Exactly what I've said this whole thread! This is Michigan11 telling you the same thing. Those of you defending HQ... what do you even know about Michigan? Do you live there? Michigan11 does. And he agrees with me.

That IMO makes me credible enough... THX PEACE

Taco John
01-16-2008, 02:36 AM
It's funny that someone is sad about Michigan, while I've been having a few beers to celebrate the results there...

We got what we needed out of Michigan and it came cheap.

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:37 AM
You know what Michigan, I don't even think they're listening. This campaign is over in 3 weeks if something's not done... so... w/e.... you know what, Michigan kicked-ass. That's cuz Michigan did it, not Ron Paul or his staff... Sorry. I'll just go ahead and say that.

Get over yourselves HQ lovers. This won't be an illusion forever

Taco John
01-16-2008, 02:46 AM
You know what Michigan, I don't even think they're listening. This campaign is over in 3 weeks if something's not done... so... w/e.... you know what, Michigan kicked-ass. That's cuz Michigan did it, not Ron Paul or his staff... Sorry. I'll just go ahead and say that.

You should at least open a beer to cry into. Who told you to get your hopes up for Michigan anyway? What are you crying about?

Michigan is a huge success for us. We placed fourth with just grass roots efforts. This is fantastic news. And now the Republicans are thrown in disarray with a Romney win.

I think the problem here is that you don't understand the tapestry that is being built. This thing is headed for a brokered convention. Michigan's results were fantastic for us. Now we need Fred to win SC, and Rudy to win Florida, and we need to have a strong showing in Nevada.

Whoever told you to get your hopes up about a win in Michigan lied to you. It sure wasn't the official campaign.

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:49 AM
Actually I predicted a worse showing, I have massive congratulations to the grassroots. Good victory for them, but we can not compete like this nationally nor can we win if we continue the way we do things.

Marc3579
01-16-2008, 02:49 AM
I wasn't expecting anything great out of MI. Once I heard Mitt's father was governor there I knew he'd win.

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:52 AM
Well I guess the Michiganders showed you what's up then. So far, sounds like they've got the best thing going for them as far as the RP movement. We need to find out what worked for them on a large scale, and network different avenues to maximize voter turnout.

Anyway, it's bout time for sleep guys, I'll catch you guys tomorrow..

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 02:57 AM
I might be wrong about this, but isn't Michigan winner take all, by district?

If so, it makes no sense for the HQ to pump money into Michigan unless it felt Ron could actually WIN a certain district. Coming in second in every single district still means NO delegates, so in this sense, maybe their decision was wise?

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 02:58 AM
According to austin365, they don't even know how many delegates states have.

Marc3579
01-16-2008, 02:59 AM
I'm not sure if it's by district or winner take all. I do believe district though, I'm glad with the amount of votes we got, the exit polls should where we need to work though.

Taco John
01-16-2008, 02:59 AM
I might be wrong about this, but isn't Michigan winner take all, by district?

If so, it makes no sense for the HQ to pump money into Michigan unless it felt Ron could actually WIN a certain district. Coming in second in every single district still means NO delegates, so in this sense, maybe their decision was wise?

Yeah, that's correct. It's winner take all. It would have been stupid for the official campaign to waste any time or money in Michigan. They should be doing exactly what they're doing: focusing on Nevada.

austin356
01-16-2008, 03:01 AM
According to austin365, they don't even know how many delegates states have.

haha well I would never go that far, thats quite easy to find..... no wait so is y2000 voter turnout data. hum.

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 03:01 AM
I could list numerous, numerous failures. I only don't because 1 - it wouldn't do any good and 2 - no one would listen anyway. After a while, though, it may not even matter anymore.

Marc3579
01-16-2008, 03:02 AM
I wasn't sure, and I'm thinking they didn't think RP could win any districts so they decided to not focus on MI.

DjLoTi
01-16-2008, 03:02 AM
haha well I would never go that far

Actually this is not the first time I've heard this, and it wasn't from your state.

austin356
01-16-2008, 03:07 AM
I could list numerous, numerous failures. I only don't because 1 - it wouldn't do any good and 2 - no one would listen anyway. After a while, though, it may not even matter anymore.

well I do agree w/ that. The problems are already known. Time to move on and put effort into solutions.

I' am done bitching about Arlington tonight guys. Sorry I should not be taking my problems with individuals out in the open.

Cindy
01-16-2008, 03:20 AM

Thats what I have been trying to point out in the Rosy thread by raz in the Michigan primary forum.

I think the case may be, it's more about what HQ didn't do in Michigan that helped it beat out two front runners by great margins. They got out of the grassroots way lol.

They didn't run their amature comercials there, that in the other states may have had Paul looking "not like Big league front runner material."

However, work was obviously done there to get a 4th place win over two national front runners.

Grassroots there definetely helped Paul to rise above them and gain more credibility as a worthy competitor in this open race!!!

I'm happy tonight about it. I'm nervous about the ads soon to be run in the Super Tuesday states by HQ.