PDA

View Full Version : I just have to say this...as a Canadian looking in from the outside.

RPsupporterAtHeart
01-16-2008, 01:41 AM
Very good job to all who helped out in Michigan. 50+ thousand voters in a situation where Paul is never given the millions in free advertising by the media, and half the people voting there probably knew nothing about him. I know some people here read and appreciated a post i made after the last primary, and said it helped boosted their spirits if only for a few night. I'm not here to make a boost your spirit post, I'm here to make a kick your ass post!

I hear a lot of complaining and speculation about the campaign. They didn't spend enough here, or there. They are jerks and don't respond, they are out of money and wasted everything...etc. I even saw someone say hey what can you do, the grassroots does not have the money, the campaign does.

BULLSHIT! You are the grassroots and you HAVE the money. If you are not happy with the campaign DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! If you are not happy with how your donated money is spent DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! At your max and want to donate more DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

You people are doing something nobody could have conceived just a few years ago. You are single handedly taking on every mass media outlet in a fight so important it will effect generations to come.

The chipins here and there are great, but so many get missed or not funded they never see light. And even then there is no cohesive message being relayed in them. ORGANIZE!

There are some very very dedicated and brilliant people in the grassroots. Organize them! Trust them! develop your own streamlined battle plan and message, money bomb it and attack the media EVERYWHERE all at once instead of magazine here, radio ad there with different messages. This whole someone else will do it attitude is what the media counts on will defeat you!

I see all over here radio, newspaper and magazine ads that cost 2,3,4 thousand dollars and reach tens upons tens of thousands of people in each State. Take the Jeremiah Black way and put together streamlined ads with strategic direction to specific states, funded by the people for the people.

20,000 RP supporters donating $50 to a grassroots campaign would give you 1 million dollars to fight back legitimately against those that drown out your voice. How many of YOUR ads would that fund? And if the campaign does have something planned it's twice the coverage.

You are all so close to this, it is the next logical step. You can win, but the unique thinking and ideas need to be taken to the next level.

And i'm sorry if this comes across as dramatic or out of place. It is just frustrating sitting here watching the media mute or marginalize the campaign and it's supporters at every single turn no matter what. And it will get worse and worse the longer they are in power. You are such a large group of people committed to one cause and have shown what you are capable of on large and small levels. You're so close and a lot of you don't even realize it yet. Organize properly and fight them.

UK4Paul
01-16-2008, 01:49 AM
I could not have said it better myself.

:)

Let's BE the Media!

zbus12
01-16-2008, 01:54 AM
PLEASE donate to IPPAC TODAY! We are running Ads to reach LARGE base of republicans in central and downstate IL. We have already purchased air time for 40-1min ads from midwest family broadcasting to be put on Radio a week before the primary. We have received donations from grassroots supporters and need your help to run MORE ADS and TV commercials in the central/downstate IL viewing area. For more info PLEASE visit this thread....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89223

time is running out and we need all the support we can get to win ILLINOIS!!!

Ara825
01-16-2008, 01:59 AM
I appreciate hearing what you have to say. You have a unique position since you are standing outside the box looking in. I agree with you on getting organized, we are a team here folks. So can't we set aside individulism for a short time and work together to get Ron Paul the nomination.

Derek Johnson
01-16-2008, 02:11 AM
Well said Canadian guy....

Pauls' Revere
01-16-2008, 02:19 AM
I saw that the NAACP President endorsed Ron! where is that in the media just before MLK? Where are the Black leaders on this? WTF is going on!!

Ex Post Facto
01-16-2008, 02:21 AM
I would recommend anyone feeling bad about a few percentage points, and becoming to disheartened by the media to read the INTRODUCTIONS FORUM posts. People joined this forum because they see that a domestic evil inside our government has taken over, and is ignoring the people by creating false hopes and promises.

I just joined you guys in this effort, you are energizing a nation. One by one, families, then neighborhoods, towns, cities and counties. The message is getting out. The world will eventually take notice of the movement to restrict our own government.

This recent loss is a time to reflect, but it is not a time to give up. Remember it is about Freedom. Several other candidates are so much in bed with big corporations and media they will not represent the people as Ron Paul will. Here we are fighting over oil, and claim there is a energy crisis and you have people in their basement making vehicles run on Water and being offered Billions to keep quiet about it. Google or Youtube "Water Car." If this is even remotely possible we should be turning the entire countries resources to bare on creating this.

I fear, my friends, that another war will start before we have a chance to take back our country. Bush is parading around, saying fighting words to other nations. The President of Iran, echoed Ron Paul's message: The World does not like us, because we force our beliefs on them.

By February 2008, we could have our internet monitored, if it passes legislation. DO NOT GIVE UP, we will need everyone to fight for our freedom. Including Canada.

ronpauleddy
01-16-2008, 02:26 AM
we are doing it!!

We did not have help from the National campaign!!
We did not have T.V. ads!!
We did not have Ron Paul in Michigan!!
BUT...we beat Fred and Rudy COMBINED!!

This my friends is huge!! Imagine what an organized effort from the National campaign would have done!!
This is why I have Faith in Nevada!!
This is why as many of us should try and make it to Florida!!
Keep on FIGHTING!! we reached over 55,000 people in Michigan!!
That's over 80,000 people awakened so far in just 3 states!!
This means we are waking up MILLIONS across the nation!!
All on our own!! WE ARE WINNING!! Keep it up!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

acptulsa
01-16-2008, 12:03 PM
I saw that the NAACP President endorsed Ron! where is that in the media just before MLK? Where are the Black leaders on this? WTF is going on!!

Now that's how rumors get started. One NAACP official in Texas who used to work with him testified that he's not a racist. We owe the man a lot. Fortunately or not, the racism charge seems not to have gotten any play anyway, because to broadcast it would mean to (gasp!) say Dr. Paul's name on the air. It is something we need to keep in mind when doing phone banks, and in case it comes up later when we shove this blackout down their throats.