PDA

View Full Version : An Observation from a Michigander

The Plan
01-16-2008, 12:36 AM
I am actually pleasantly surprised we did so well considering that there was no advertisement from HQ. This was all grass roots. I don't think allot of you understand how much money Romney must have sunk into tv ads in Michigan. That douchebag was on the tube 24/7 around Detroit. You couldn't escape seeing his android lookin' ass, it made me want to puke.

However the fact that Ron Paul did so well with almost no media coverage means good things in the future though. Just imagine what could happen if they actually ran ads in other states.

A few things that surprised me was that mccain didn't do better and that huckabilly actually got votes. I don't know even one person that wanted to vote for him. Who in the hell is voting for Fred Thompson? Giuliani's numbers didn't surprise me at all.

We now hand the ball off to the rest of you. This is something you can build upon. Give 'em hell!!!!

Ara825
01-16-2008, 12:40 AM
The grass roots did a wonderful job in Michigan. Thank you all for you hard work.

Trigonx
01-16-2008, 12:41 AM
i can't imagine that kind of television. i would jump out a window

Cindy
01-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Just imagine what could happen if they actually ran ads in other states.

We don't have to imagine. He did do that and came in 5th.

Paul did better in a state where HQ wasn't campaigning with their amaturish TV comercials.

Time will tell, but those complaining about HQ doing an unproffesional job and hurting the campaign because of it, may be right.

RayV66
01-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Yeah...no shit, it sure seemed like he was flapping his yap 24/7 on TV here.
I was so tired of hearing how it is "his state", you would think that he invented the fucking Model T himself.
I don't know, I think all the old timers remember his father as governor from 40 years ago so they voted for him.
I know my mother in law did, and she is 82 years old.

The Plan
01-16-2008, 04:23 AM
you would think that he invented the fucking Model T himself.

Wasn't his dad the chairman of AMC when they came out with the Gremlin and Pacer? If so he should be kicked out of Michigan permanently along with Lee Iacocha for the K Car in the 80's and any more German assholes that want to buy our car companies.

FUCK Mitt Romney!!!!
He had to have won that just by name recognition alone. His father was not a well liked Governor or Car company chairman. The unions hated him. I really don't understand why people are voting for him in Michigan. The only people he can relate to here are the people in Bloomfield Hills in million dollar mansions. He's a trust fund baby just like Bush he's never had to know what work is.

billyjoeallen
01-16-2008, 04:31 AM
Michigan revolutionaries did an EXCELLENT job!!!!!

we got as many votes as Giuliani and Thmpson combined!

Romney winning works in our favor, because now there is no frontrunner. We are back in the game. Thanks, MIchigan.

When we win this, Michigan will be remembered as the Dolittle raid that turned the tide.

MLK day will be the Battle of Midway. I am giving double my teaparty contribution.

VIDEODROME
01-16-2008, 04:53 AM
Yeah I hope Michigan used up a lot of Romney's money.

dkim68
01-16-2008, 04:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4MyGSAU0Zw

How is this weasel getting any votes at all?

xRedfoxx
01-16-2008, 05:41 AM
Great work, Michigan!!! We're going to try to outdo you in Texas though!!!

LinuxUser269
01-16-2008, 06:06 AM
The grass roots did a wonderful job in Michigan. Thank you all for you hard work.

ditto

speciallyblend
01-16-2008, 06:18 AM
blimpin ,great work, billjoeallen i love the battle of midway to mlk, brilliant;)

yheaok123
01-16-2008, 06:26 AM
very very nice job grass roots,

colin1
01-16-2008, 06:44 AM
May God bless all the patriots of Michigan, who, with little to no support from National pulled off a respectable fourth place finish. (So much for libertarian NH, huh?) My best friend is from MI and it's a proud day to be a Michigander. Take a bow ladies and gentlemen!

ClayTrainor
01-16-2008, 07:22 AM

How's Texas looking so far anyways?

Do people recognize and appreciate paul's time as Texas' congressman?

Do you think we could win that state if we slammed it with ads, and canvass ?

acptulsa
01-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Outstanding! Bravo, Michigan patriots!

How much you want to bet that after using his father's presidency of AMC in Michigan, he turns right around and tells Wisconsin they should vote for him too because his old man closed the Hudson factory in Michigan and moved all those jobs to Wisconsin on practically the day that AMC was created!

There's a sucker born every minute, but by the grace of God, not everyone in Michigan is one! Thanks again for cementing us in fourth! Now we'll take that momentum and build it more!

ike
01-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Linked on the front page of Drudge, Ron Paul beats Fred and Rudy again:
http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Dr_No_body_beats_Rudy_and_Fred_again_2

Freedom&Reason
01-16-2008, 11:43 AM

If you good peops are working as hard as we did, I will have no doubt that you will.

Hope for nothing, Accomplish everything!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLLYWOOD
01-16-2008, 12:22 PM
May God bless all the patriots of Michigan, who, with little to no support from National pulled off a respectable fourth place finish. (So much for libertarian NH, huh?) My best friend is from MI and it's a proud day to be a Michigander. Take a bow ladies and gentlemen!

There's you fact's ladies & Gentlemen... and good job MI GR's...

Hey KENT SNYDER are you reading all these posts? It's a clue!

Swmorgan77
01-16-2008, 03:36 PM
He had to have won that just by name recognition alone. His father was not a well liked Governor or Car company chairman. The unions hated him. I really don't understand why people are voting for him in Michigan. The only people he can relate to here are the people in Bloomfield Hills in million dollar mansions. He's a trust fund baby just like Bush he's never had to know what work is.

I hate to break it to you, but people in Michigan DID like George Romney. I spent 2 years going door to door as an LDS missioinary and never encountered an unfavorable opinion of him.

He was a globalist, Rockefeller Republican and his son is the same way, but there's no need to deny reality here. Most people there were deceived.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-16-2008, 03:39 PM
I am actually pleasantly surprised we did so well considering that there was no advertisement from HQ. This was all grass roots. I don't think allot of you understand how much money Romney must have sunk into tv ads in Michigan. That douchebag was on the tube 24/7 around Detroit. You couldn't escape seeing his android lookin' ass, it made me want to puke.

However the fact that Ron Paul did so well with almost no media coverage means good things in the future though. Just imagine what could happen if they actually ran ads in other states.

A few things that surprised me was that mccain didn't do better and that huckabilly actually got votes. I don't know even one person that wanted to vote for him. Who in the hell is voting for Fred Thompson? Giuliani's numbers didn't surprise me at all.

We now hand the ball off to the rest of you. This is something you can build upon. Give 'em hell!!!!

Thanks for the update!

Michigan Grassroots deserves much appreciation for their hard work!

literatim
01-16-2008, 04:17 PM
We don't have to imagine. He did do that and came in 5th.

Paul did better in a state where HQ wasn't campaigning with their amaturish TV comercials.

Time will tell, but those complaining about HQ doing an unproffesional job and hurting the campaign because of it, may be right.

These are amateurish?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qVmVJJaLkM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AmY-fW3gdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWes9BP5va8

pcosmar
01-16-2008, 04:24 PM
These are amateurish?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qVmVJJaLkM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AmY-fW3gdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWes9BP5va8

I won't say amateurish exactly, but ineffective.
The results show that.
Even still, those would have been welcomed here, any Advertising would have been better than none.