PDA

View Full Version : If McCain or Huckabee Gets the Nomination, It Will Destroy GOP

Karsten
01-16-2008, 12:24 AM
h ttp://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_011508/content/01125107.guest.html

If McCain or Huckabee Gets the Nomination, It Will Destroy GOP

Either one of these guys spells disaster for our side.

January 15, 2008

Listen To It! WMP | RealPlayer

Audio clips available for Rush 24/7 members only -- Join Now!

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Mark in Standish, Michigan, I really appreciate your holding on. Welcome to the program.

CALLER: Hello, Rush.

RUSH: Hi.

CALLER: Sorry to deviate from your monologue for just a minute, but you had a woman call yesterday that just frosted me to no end that if either Huckabee or McCain won the nomination she was going to sit the election out.

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: People like her, I coined a term, a call them TV Republicans, and it doesn't stand for television, it stands for tunnel vision, because they need to take the blinders off and see the bigger picture. If they sit out the general election, the Democrat wins it by default, whichever one of the Three Stooges wins it. Guess what? In the next four years, there's going to be probably one, maybe two Supreme Court vacancies come up. Do they really want one of the three bozos over there appointing the next two Supreme Court justices? Is Clinton gonna appoint another Ginsburg, or is she going to do another Scalia? Is Obama going to appoint another Justice Thomas or is he going to do somebody like Breyer or Stevens? Do they really want a liberal appointing the next two Supreme Court justices? They need to take the blinders off, Rush. They need to look at the bigger vision and quit being Tunnel Vision Republicans.

RUSH: I understand what you're saying. I hate to tell you this, but she's not alone. I'm here to tell you, if either of these two guys get the nomination, it's going to destroy the Republican Party, it's going to change it forever, be the end of it. A lot of people aren't going to vote. You watch.

END TRANSCRIPT

*Note: Links to content outside RushLimbaugh.com usually become inactive over time.

Grandson of Liberty
01-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Speaking as a longtime member of the Republican party. . .that's fine by me.

Derek Johnson
01-16-2008, 12:28 AM
I drove from Odessa to Waco TX today, and I heard most of Rush's show. He has Newt Gingrich on, and guess what?

That's right, Newt is now peddling carbon credits. Oh shit. Fortunately, Rush called him out, and so did a caller.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Rush is right.

Anti Federalist
01-16-2008, 12:34 AM
SCOTUS appointments???!!!!

Fuck me, how long are they going to keep that shit up?

It was a Republican appointed majority court that ruled in favor of McQueeq/Finegold, New London vs. Kelo and this spring they will rule against the second amendment.

That's all they have left: SCOTUS appointments (boooga booga booga) and Terrorists (boooga boooga booga).

akijikan
01-16-2008, 12:36 AM
I was just telling this to my dad the other day. Mine was a little expanded though. I said if Ron Paul is not nominated, the democrats will lose and the republicans will fall out of power.

The party most ready to snatch up that position would be a combined Libertarian and Constitutional Party.

gaazn
01-16-2008, 12:43 AM
forget the GOP. if either is elected, especially mccain, it will destroy the country adn possibly the world.

RonPaulwillWin
01-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Include Mit, and you have the downfall of the gop of Ron doesn't get elected

fletcher
01-16-2008, 01:12 AM
Rudy will destroy the gop more than anybody. Pro-choice, anti-gun, married 3 times, pro-gay marriage. With the fiscal conservatives already gone that leaves the party with about 3 people.

smartguy911
01-16-2008, 01:15 AM
we need to support our guy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAWClI8zsH4

N13
01-16-2008, 01:46 AM
The Republican Party is already destroyed.

Let me count the ways....

Budget deficits
Incerasing the debt
Erosion of civil liberties
Abandonment of the constitution
cronyism
Sexual scandals
no bid contracts
out of control monetary policies
secrecy and obstruction of justice
DIrect lies to the people
No oversight
Pre-emptive wars
Fucking over the military
Fucking over veterans
Promoting deals like NAFTA and CAFTA, WTO, and World Bank
The plague of special interests
Corporate interests gain privilaged access
Horible tax code
Squandering of trillions in Iraq
Neo-Con takeover of the party
Torture is AOK
Secret prisons
Patriot act
Prescription drug bill
Republican leadership has no fucking clue
Jobs going over seas
Immigration acceleration policy
Recession

I wonder if the Democrats have a shot at taking over the government? (They are even worse, if that is possible)

alexa doherty
01-16-2008, 01:52 AM
If one of them wins then Ron can run third party and win because a dem will crush huckabee or mccain. But Ron Paul could get the vote in a split.

Minuteman2008
01-16-2008, 01:57 AM
The Republican Party is already destroyed.

Let me count the ways....

Budget deficits
Incerasing the debt
Erosion of civil liberties
Abandonment of the constitution
cronyism
Sexual scandals
no bid contracts
out of control monetary policies
secrecy and obstruction of justice
DIrect lies to the people
No oversight
Pre-emptive wars
Fucking over the military
Fucking over veterans
Promoting deals like NAFTA and CAFTA, WTO, and World Bank
The plague of special interests
Corporate interests gain privilaged access
Horible tax code
Squandering of trillions in Iraq
Neo-Con takeover of the party
Torture is AOK
Secret prisons
Patriot act
Prescription drug bill
Republican leadership has no fucking clue
Jobs going over seas
Immigration acceleration policy
Recession

I wonder if the Democrats have a shot at taking over the government? (They are even worse, if that is possible)

I think you pretty well summed it up. It is amazing that in eight years, Bush and company will have destroyed everything built up during the Reagan era. Republicans deserve to lose, but the Democrats don't derserve to win. Most of the items you listed are also embraced, possibly even moreso, by Democrats.