PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Data Base Frequently Asked Questions

po14015
01-15-2008, 11:54 PM
All new members (or members that haven't registered yet),
Please register as a Precinct Leader.

This could get us FREE SUPPLIES (Signs, bumper stickers, flyers (aka slim jims), etc.). The National Campaign won't send lots of stuff to us for FREE if they think we don't have enough people to use/distribute it.

Here is how to Join:
Please go to RonPaul2008.com and click on the link that says "Click Here to Become a Ron Paul Precinct Leader" at the top of the web site.

Click on "Join"

Frequently Asked Questions About Being a Precinct Leader:

***Question Number 1: "What is a Precinct Leader?"
A Precinct Leader is a person who wants to help make sure the NEXT President of the United States is Ron Paul. There are different levels of activity. From as little as letting people know areas they can park in your neighborhood to helping to canvass a neighborhood with slim jims.

***Question Number 2: "I can't canvass my neighborhood?"
Even if you can't canvass your area, please join because we have others that can!!! But they might need a place to park, a meet up location, or general info on your neighborhood. Also, we want to make sure we canvass all the areas that have Ron Paul Patriots. We want to combine multiple images to get the most name recognition. So in areas where there are signs and bumper stickers, we want to make sure we distribute literature.

***Question Number 3: "Do I talk to people?"
No. Right now all we are doing is dropping off Slim Jims. We have 12 different slim jims to select from. On the Precinct Lists there are letters that represent which ones to give out. If we don't have enough issue slim jims, we will just use general ones.

***Question Number 4: "Should I take notes?"
Yes. When you walk up to a house make sure you are aware. They might have stickers on their car identifying issues that are important to them. Look for military service, gun organizations, pro-life, anti-tax, etc. stickers or license plates.

***Question Number 5: "What am I dropping off?"
Official Campaign Flyers (aka Slim Jims) and a small note.

The note is just to let people know that there is local support and a way to reach someone locally for more info/supplies.

Here is my note:
"Hello, my name is Curt Schultz. I am one of over 300 active volunteers here in Manatee/Sarasota County that is working to make sure Dr. Ron Paul is the Next President of the United States.

If you need a sign or bumper sticker, please go to RonPaulSarasota.com or call me at 941-555-5555. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

RonPaulLibrary.com to read and hear what Dr. Ron Paul has been saying for over 20 years."

***Question Number 6:"How do I drop it off?"
We take the slim jims and note(s) and staple a rubber band to all of it. You then just take the rubber band and hang it (or loop the slim jim through the rubber band) on the front door knob. We are not using tape.
DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN OR ON THE MAILBOX!

***Question Number 7:"Can I use my organizer's name and number?"
Talk with your Meetup organizer in your area. And if they can not do it, talk with another volunteer. Many will be more than happy to help you out if you can not take calls.

***Question Number 8:"Are we going to go out in pairs or groups?"
Yes. We need to identify what people can do and when they can do it. This is fun and one of the most effective way to insure Ron Paul wins Florida.

***Question Number 9:"What is the goal?"
Two goals:
First is to spread Ron Paul's message of Freedom and Liberty by Restoring our Republic.
Second is to identify Ron Paul supporters in your area so we can make sure we get them out to vote.

***Question Number 10:"Is this for the whole United States?"
YES. So invite your friends from all over the U.S. to join.

***Question Number 11:"By doing this and signing the pledge, does it change whether or not I can donate to the Ron Paul 2008 Campaign?"
This does NOT change anything. You can still donate the FEC's maximum allowable limit.

***Question Number 12:"So even if I don't like my Meetup Organizer or Meetup Group, I can still help Ron Paul win my Precinct?"

EXACTLY!!! This makes the Ron Paul Campaign a complete BOTTOM to TOP organization!!! The reason Ron Paul will be the Next President of the United States is because of YOU.

Shiner
01-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the excellent FAQ! My most pressing concern was addressed in #12. I joined my local Meet-up group last last summer and enthusiastically participated in a number of their events but eventually felt it necessary to disassociate myself from them entirely, due to the number of conspiracy-theorists and outright looney-toons that had joined. Unfortunately, much of their public discourse was so far off the official Ron Paul platform, I think many of them were doing Dr. Paul's campaign more harm than good. So I have been contributing, both time and money, working on my own in a rather low-key but dedicated manner, to get the word out about our candidate. Still, I'd like to do much more and I'm beginning to think that becoming a Precinct captain may just be the ticket for me. Wish me luck!

Soccrmastr
01-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the excellent FAQ! My most pressing concern was addressed in #12. I joined my local Meet-up group last last summer and enthusiastically participated in a number of their events but eventually felt it necessary to disassociate myself from them entirely, due to the number of conspiracy-theorists and outright looney-toons that had joined. Unfortunately, much of their public discourse was so far off the official Ron Paul platform, I think many of them were doing Dr. Paul's campaign more harm than good. So I have been contributing, both time and money, working on my own in a rather low-key but dedicated manner, to get the word out about our candidate. Still, I'd like to do much more and I'm beginning to think that becoming a Precinct captain may just be the ticket for me. Wish me luck!

Yeah, I think it's better to do Precinct Captain work for the campaign than a meetup. Good luck!

Greenskin
01-25-2008, 08:49 PM
***Question Number 3: "Do I talk to people?"
No. Right now all we are doing is dropping off Slim Jims. We have 12 different slim jims to select from. On the Precinct Lists there are letters that represent which ones to give out. If we don't have enough issue slim jims, we will just use general ones.

Wait, so I shouldn't talk to people?