PDA

View Full Version : American Idol is to blame

mrchubbs
01-15-2008, 11:30 PM
I wrote this for Liberty Maven and thought I'd share it....

http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/01/16/evidence-of-ron-pauls-lackluster-performance-american-idol/

Evidence of Ron Paul's lackluster performance: American Idol

This is only partially in jest. My wife and I watched the season premiere of American Idol tonight (please forgive my mistake). The simple truth is that Ron Paul needs young people to get out and vote. So far they haven’t done it.

So many young people are caught up in their own “Me Me Me Generation” BS that they think little at all of politics. Sure there are exceptions, but they certainly aren’t the norm. To further compound the problem of targeting this voting sector is that many young people who are active in politics think of themselves as liberals and will only seriously look at voting for a Democrat.

But I digress… Watching American Idol tonight, a “young people’s show”, made me realize once again that America is truly turning into an “Idiocracy“. It’s some horrible mixture of stupidity, apathy, and ignorance.

America’s youth needs a wake up call. Ron Paul is calling, but so far, most of his calls are going directly to voice mail.

Thinking about this (as I have since last March) has made me realize how wonderful Ron Paul really is doing, considering what he is up against.
How I love that man.

Enjoy.