PDA

View Full Version : The Mitt, Mack, Huck and Paul Show

billyjoeallen
01-15-2008, 11:30 PM
It was a good night for the Revolution. As the primary season advances, my respect for the strategy prowess of team Ron Paul only grows. Dr. Paul pulled in a solid fourth place finish in the Wolverine State and is positioned well for Nevada and the super Tuesday states.

Getting less than 7% of the vote in the Michigan Republican primary ain't no thing for Dr. Ron Paul. He once again trounced his nemesis Rudolph Giuliani by getting more than double the votes and decisively beat the only other fiscal conservative in the race; Fred Thompson. As the race drags on, look for candidates to start dropping out or fade into a Hunteresque obscurity.

The most important result of the night was Former Massachusets Governor Mitt Romney trouncing Former Senator John McCain, leaving the entire race up in the air. There is no frontrunner. With the exception of Mitt Romney's self-financed campaign, all of Ron Paul's opponents are broke. This is a positive developement, because Romney is vulnerable. He will now have the scrutiny of the media on him in full force for the first time.

This is why I am so optimistic:
Conventional wisdom holds that a candidate has to win three primaries: the money primary, the press primary and the people primary. Paul clearly won the money primary. We lost the Press primary, but the internet and grass roots organization allow us to bypass it. By beating Giuliani and Thompson, it is no longer possible for the press to label Paul as a fringe candidate. The newsletter smear is dying a well deserved death and so is the bull market on wall street. All of these factors give our campaign credibility.

Everything hinges on the next moneybomb. Martin Luther King day is fast approaching. A strong showing will show our detractors the fiction of racism accusations and finance the big battles to come. I personally plan on doubling my teaparty contribution.

Long live the Revolution.