PDA

View Full Version : Southeast Michigan

Trigonx
01-15-2008, 11:04 PM
on the politico map http://www.politico.com/miprimaries/mimap-popup.html

the support for Ron Paul seems consistently stronger(percentage wise) in southeast Michigan than any other part of the state. Is there a reason for this? Were the radio ads from HQ directed in this region of the state?

dawnbt
01-15-2008, 11:09 PM
on the politico map http://www.politico.com/miprimaries/mimap-popup.html

the support for Ron Paul seems consistently stronger(percentage wise) in southeast Michigan than any other part of the state. Is there a reason for this? Were the radio ads from HQ directed in this region of the state?

It was ALL grassroots effort! A TV ad could have put us up to 3rd!!

Eponym_mi
01-15-2008, 11:12 PM
I think SE MI had radio ads. Also, the demographics were more favorable.

mczerone
01-15-2008, 11:16 PM
We had radio ads weeks back, only one station had them this past week.

I honestly thought we could pull top two in SE michigan - The only support I've seen has been Paul, one sign for Huckabee. A few pubilc place signs for Romney. Nothing for McCain. Nothing. how does he get this many votes with no supporters, just a couple of campaign stops?

free.alive
01-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Well, look at Ontonagon and Keweenaw.

I can't believe I just spelled those right!>>

r0bren0
01-15-2008, 11:29 PM
This is just one of the geographical locations that candidates can focus on turning out the vote for their campaigns.

jdmetz
01-15-2008, 11:53 PM
We had radio ads weeks back, only one station had them this past week.

I honestly thought we could pull top two in SE michigan - The only support I've seen has been Paul, one sign for Huckabee. A few pubilc place signs for Romney. Nothing for McCain. Nothing. how does he get this many votes with no supporters, just a couple of campaign stops?
Well, Romney, McCain, and Huckabee have been touring the lower half of the state for the last week. There were front page articles about their plans, etc. with their names in the headlines almost every day in the Ann Arbor News. I imagine the other area papers had similar articles. I saw both Romney and McCain TV ads multiple times. I got two automated calls each from Romney, McCain, and Huckabee.

Is it just a coincidence that those three beat Ron Paul? I don't think so. I don't think the yard signs all over beat out the press coverage and advertising. It also seems that most people don't get their political info from the internet. Have there been any exit polls asking people's primary source of political information?