PDA

View Full Version : Does Ron have any delegates yet?

Starks
01-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Just wondering.

Kludge
01-15-2008, 11:02 PM
I don't believe so in Michigan. We've only won a couple in Iowa ATM.

Jae0
01-15-2008, 11:02 PM
CNN says he has 2, total. None in Mi

Cindy
01-15-2008, 11:06 PM
I just read that Michigan was a winner take all state. I think Romney gets all 30. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong about this.

I think all we won tonight was some more credibility towards the national campaign and some bragging rights. That's good enough for me at this point!!!!!!

peterdn1
01-15-2008, 11:08 PM
ABC says he has zero delegates:
Delegate Scrorecard (http://abcnews.go.com/politics/elections/delegates)

Cindy
01-15-2008, 11:11 PM
ABC says he has zero delegates:
Delegate Scrorecard (http://abcnews.go.com/politics/elections/delegates)

That is incorrect. Paul did win 2 in Iowa.

AircooledVW
01-15-2008, 11:12 PM
I had seen that he won 2 as well in Iowa for winning that one precinct. Might be wrong. Sorry no source!

Cindy
01-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Looks like MI wasn't a winner take all and they elected 35 delegates, not 30.

Romney got 18
Huck got 14
McCain got 3

Everyone else 0

Paul definetely has 2 from Iowa though.

RobS
01-15-2008, 11:20 PM
I just read that Michigan was a winner take all state. I think Romney gets all 30. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong about this.

I think all we won tonight was some more credibility towards the national campaign and some bragging rights. That's good enough for me at this point!!!!!!

That is incorrect. I believe 30 delegates go to whoever wins the popular vote. There are another 3 delegates per congressional district that go to whoever won that district.

So, it is a mix. But Ron did not win any districts so you are correct in that he got no delegates from Michigan.

CelestialRender
01-15-2008, 11:27 PM
www.thegreenpapers.com says he has 4, and I trust green papers over any MSM site.

Jobarra
01-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Noone has any delegates from Iowa yet. The county and state conventions still haven't met. I just don't know how many more times I have to say this.

Paul4Prez
01-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Michigan was winner take all by Congressional district, and for the state as a whole, but the total is only 30, after the penalty for moving early.

Ron Paul's delegate count from Iowa is still TBD. 10% of the vote doesn't guarantee 10% of the delegates, since there are county level and state level conventions yet to come. Estimates range from 0 to 4 so far.

Cindy
01-15-2008, 11:32 PM
That is incorrect. I believe 30 delegates go to whoever wins the popular vote. There are another 3 delegates per congressional district that go to whoever won that district.

So, it is a mix. But Ron did not win any districts so you are correct in that he got no delegates from Michigan.

I found a site earlier that gave their pre-Michigan totals. I subtracted to come up with the numbers I did. Romney had 24 before so I don't see how he could've won all 30 or he would be at 54 now instead of 43.

This is confusing.

Anyway, Fox shows Rudy has one delegate. Where did he get that one from?

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/16/national-delegate-count-tally/

bdmarti
01-15-2008, 11:33 PM
My understanding is that our friends in Iowa haven't actually assigned ANY delegates. That's the way it is with caucus states.

All the precincts in Iowa elected delegates to go to County conventions, the County conventions will send delegates to the state convention, and finally the state convention...which happens in May I think will nominate delegates to the national convention.

The 2 delegates we are given some places and the 4 we are given others are just estimates based upon what proportion we might be expected to generate at the state convention based upon our popular vote.

When I read the Iowa thread it looked like we had a fair number of "stolen" delegates where Paul would lose the straw poll vote but then he won delegates from the precinct anyway.

If that is the case, we could end up with a disproportionately high amount of national delegates out of Iowa.

bolidew
01-15-2008, 11:34 PM
NY Times website is accurate.

Jobarra
01-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Anyway, Fox shows Rudy has one delegate. Where did he get that one from?

Unless it was New Hampshire, it is a calculation for Iowa but not a real delegate from Iowa.

Cindy
01-15-2008, 11:49 PM
This is all so confusing as it seems from site to site, you get different peoples estimates on what will happen.

I'll wait until officials come in from now on. I thought they were official numbers.

JustBcuz
01-16-2008, 12:11 AM
My understanding is that our friends in Iowa haven't actually assigned ANY delegates. That's the way it is with caucus states.

All the precincts in Iowa elected delegates to go to County conventions, the County conventions will send delegates to the state convention, and finally the state convention...which happens in May I think will nominate delegates to the national convention.

The 2 delegates we are given some places and the 4 we are given others are just estimates based upon what proportion we might be expected to generate at the state convention based upon our popular vote.

When I read the Iowa thread it looked like we had a fair number of "stolen" delegates where Paul would lose the straw poll vote but then he won delegates from the precinct anyway.

If that is the case, we could end up with a disproportionately high amount of national delegates out of Iowa.

This is correct, or at least it is for Nevada's upcoming caucus.

...although I think your steps may be wrong for Iowa, I think they have District conventions in there too.

I hope you are right about the "stolen" delegates.

Nevada will be looking to steal some more on Saturday. :)