PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin endorsement draft now posted

scandinaviany3
01-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone,

We posted the draft without the overlays for people to see for the 30sec ad for Baldwin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkc4xF_QSMk

Tyler
www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com

ALERT!!!!:

Please start donating we will need the air time maxed out this time asap in order to be able to get into key markets for florida and super tuesday states like AL, GA.

We also badly need more monies for an economic ad and a senior ad. Time is running short donate today.

IF anyone ones to get a beta tape for their local state please send your contact info and i will try to work with you to make this happen.

Also please plug into our forum on www.broadcastfreedom.com to give your ideas for new production ideas on the economy and other concepts.

colecrowe
01-15-2008, 11:02 PM
please bump this everyone

good script

N13
01-15-2008, 11:05 PM
I hate to say it, but that ad does nothing for me. It might help in Huckabee country.

Its the economy that people are interested in.

AlexK
01-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Associating with the Religious Right is the worst thing RP can do.

jmunjr
01-15-2008, 11:09 PM
I hate to say it, but that ad does nothing for me. It might help in Huckabee country.

It does nothing for me as well, but I am agnostic, so it isn't intended for me. Ok I won't say nothing. Just because I am agnostic doesn't mean I don't believe life begins at conception or that "activist judges" are a problem..

I guess Christians who think testimonials from other Christians matter are the ones they are targeting...

hillertexas
01-15-2008, 11:10 PM
bump

steph3n
01-15-2008, 11:10 PM

they are a big part of the GOP, get over it!

slantedview
01-15-2008, 11:11 PM
exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxellent. associating with the religious right is fine as long as you're not pandering or compromising. ron certainly is not.

rightcoast
01-15-2008, 11:11 PM
This ad would be great in closed primary states actually, but don't run it in open states. It is best to compete with McCain/Obama there in those states.

stewie3128
01-15-2008, 11:21 PM
That's a great ad for the Bible belt states that Huck is doing well in.

The clips you've picked out work very well so all you need is a bit of production quality punch up and it'll be golden:

-The video and the audio need to crossfade between the cuts that you've picked. Very important.

-Change the zoom a little bit on some of the clips, to frame his face a bit more. He's got a great face for these states.

-Check out McCain's newest video: they highlight his face, dim the background and saturate the colors, all three of which work really really well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD3KmP738Xs

Other than those three things I think it's great.:D

electronicmaji
01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
the music sucks

pacelli
01-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Does nothing for me but it will help with the religious vote, big time. Very good ad that gets specific, in plain language, credible endorser, and fast !

pedzola
01-15-2008, 11:28 PM
As someone with some experience behind a mixer, I'm going to suggest turning the music down and/or the voice up. His voice is getting drowned by the guitar, which is totally unrelated to the message.

You might also play with EQ & compression to see if you can get a little more impact. His voice is somewhat "hollow."

Yom
01-15-2008, 11:29 PM

+1

We need to work on getting those evangelical voters in the South. Run this in SC.

No, it's very important in certain areas, you just have to know your target demographics. This shouldn't be run in California, but it'd do great in the Bible Belt.

As someone with some experience behind a mixer, I'm going to suggest turning the music down and/or the voice up. His voice is getting drowned by the guitar, which is totally unrelated to the message.

Yeah, the guitar is a bit loud, a little cleaning up would help.

slamhead
01-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Article written by Baldwin:
http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/baldwin/080108

scandinaviany3
01-15-2008, 11:30 PM

The clips you've picked out work very well so all you need is a bit of production quality punch up and it'll be golden:

-The video and the audio need to crossfade between the cuts that you've picked. Very important.

-Change the zoom a little bit on some of the clips, to frame his face a bit more. He's got a great face for these states.

-Check out McCain's newest video: they highlight his face, dim the background and saturate the colors, all three of which work really really well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD3KmP738Xs

Stewie,

Exactly what we are doing...

Tyler

AlexK
01-15-2008, 11:33 PM
No, it's very important in certain areas, you just have to know your target demographics. This shouldn't be run in California, but it'd do great in the Bible Belt.

But it's not like it'll only be seen in the Bible Belt. There'll be youtube vids of it, articles, etc.

I think this is one of the reasons RP isn't doing so well. He's trying to get a piece of the religious right pie. This turns off a lot of people who agree with his other positions. He shouldn't highlight things he has in common with other candidates, but instead highlight the differences. He should be drilling his positions on foreign policy and economics into people's heads. Those are the issues that make him stand out.

LibertyEagle
01-15-2008, 11:33 PM

Heard of the Bible Belt? Have you considered why it is that Huckabee's numbers jumped so high all of a sudden? Do you seriously think it is because of his views on the economy?

Do you remember back when it was reported that he had obtained a huge Christian mailing list?

The Man Who Helped Start Huckabee's Roll

Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee's surge in Iowa, from single digits in the polls to a virtual tie for the lead among Republicans, has captivated the political world and prompted speculation about just how he did it.

The Fix may have found the answer: a physician from Montgomery, Ala., named Randy Brinson.

Brinson is the keeper of a massive e-mail list of much-coveted Christian voters that Huckabee is using to reach and organize people in early-voting states such as Iowa.

Brinson's list numbers about 71 million contacts....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/01/AR2007120101569.html

Some people vote on just one issue and one issue alone. With carefully chosen endorsements for a few key issues, we can make great strides in this campaign.

UtahApocalypse
01-15-2008, 11:34 PM
The cuts are a bit abrupt. Guitar a tad over loud.

Great ad for the "huck" vote.

nimo
01-15-2008, 11:35 PM
It is a 50% tag when it comes to religion in the south. Especially S.C. This is a definate add to run like the dickens. hehe

jahazii
01-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Don't listen to the haters this will introduce him to lots of people. Remember marketing is about brand recognition. After a while they will come around, and where and when is this ad playing? Is there a chip in?

nimo
01-15-2008, 11:36 PM

I would agree with the cuts scenario.

jake
01-15-2008, 11:37 PM

You might also play with EQ & compression to see if you can get a little more impact. His voice is somewhat "hollow."

agreed. music is a touch too loud.

electronicmaji
01-15-2008, 11:37 PM
change the music...it needs to be like inspiring pads..not a piano...or guitar or whatever. Distinct chords and such wihdraw attention from whats being said...

scandinaviany3
01-15-2008, 11:45 PM

The compression on you tube always is horrible.

Things are smooth on the original. We need to probably put up a different flash or quicktime version on our site. Something we talked about for the final version.

rice_classic
01-15-2008, 11:45 PM
That ad scares the bejezes out of me. Ron Paul the Pro-life, Crazy christian?... If this is the case can someone point me in the direction of Obama's campaign?

Ron Paul is Christian but doesn't he stress the importance of the states making the decision of Abortion? Isn't Ron Paul against using religion to get elected?

If he's running on a "religious ticket" I'm outta here.

Lord Xar
01-15-2008, 11:51 PM
yeah, lower the music a bit.

also, if someone missed the beginning - they wouldn't know who this guy was. Perhaps you can have a little text that says "Pastor Baldwin, Endorses Ron Paul" etc.... at the bottom, right.

AlexK
01-15-2008, 11:53 PM
That ad scares the bejezes out of me. Ron Paul the Pro-life, Crazy christian?... If this is the case can someone point me in the direction of Obama's campaign?

Ron Paul is Christian but doesn't he stress the importance of the states making the decision of Abortion? Isn't Ron Paul against using religion to get elected?

He did introduce a bill that would make abortion illegal in all states...

And he rejects evolution...

ConstitutionGal
01-15-2008, 11:56 PM
This will play GREAT all over the South!! Dr. Baldwin is the Pastor of the Crossroads Baptist Church in Pensacola, FL and he is very well though of in Evangelical circles. As Dr. Paul, Dr. Baldwin in a man of integrity and a truly great Patriotic American. He also understands very well the principles of a Consitutional Republic and, last but not least, he will bring in any still undecided member os the Constituion Party as he was the V. P. candidate for them during the 2004 election cycle.

This is a WIN/WIN for us in the South and in the Heartland!! RUN IT!!

ConstitutionGal
01-15-2008, 11:57 PM
He did introduce a bill that would make abortion illegal in all states...

And he rejects evolution...

WRONG - he introduced a bill that would leave the abortion issue to the states - where it Constitutionally belongs. Read the 10th Amendment please.

sunghoko
01-16-2008, 12:13 AM

how is it the worst thing he can do?

I don't think it's a good idea to not target them. christian evangelicals vote. in droves.

listen, it's a double edged sword if we can take away a vote from Huck or Fred and convert them to vote for our candidate,

stewie3128
01-16-2008, 12:47 AM

Unfortunately, you can't win a Republican nomination or the Presidency without them.

Corydoras
01-16-2008, 01:16 AM
Meh. But as long as the jumpy cuts can be smoothed out and the music eased up, that's all that can be done. Is that really the kind of music that evangelicals would respond to?

The ad comes across as very secular, not religious at all, but at least he throws in the obligatory biblical phrase at the end. I thought it was tacky to use "as for me and my house" in that way, but w/e. To me, the ad is not very Christian in feel, but then again, I'm not an evangelical. If he's got a following who actually knows who he is, then I guess they'll respond to it.

hueylong
01-16-2008, 01:18 AM
A nice piece. Tasteful.

N13
01-16-2008, 01:35 AM
Heard of the Bible Belt? Have you considered why it is that Huckabee's numbers jumped so high all of a sudden? Do you seriously think it is because of his views on the economy?

Do you remember back when it was reported that he had obtained a huge Christian mailing list?

I guess you pfailed to read my second sentence.

Maybe if Huckabee focused his attention on the economy he would be doing better than he has. The bible belt vote isn't going to win anyone this election.

scandinaviany3
01-16-2008, 01:43 AM
I guess you pfailed to read my second sentence.

Maybe if Huckabee focused his attention on the economy he would be doing better than he has. The bible belt vote isn't going to win anyone this election.

Huckabee is doing bad because of his record not because of christian base.

They dont all appreciate stuff he has done.

Many will follow but not all.

Ron's record is much better but no one is telling them about it....

Ad electability to him and they will come

AlexK
01-16-2008, 01:44 AM
WRONG - he introduced a bill that would leave the abortion issue to the states - where it Constitutionally belongs. Read the 10th Amendment please.

You wanna bet?

Enzo
01-16-2008, 01:48 AM
Does nothing for me... but it is very well done.

If there's really a chance that something like this could generate more voters, then it should be used.

Mark
01-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Fast moving.

tamor
01-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Play to your audience -- different audiences, different ads.. it just makes sense

AlexMerced
01-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Run this add in ohio, in New Knoxville ohio specifically. It's the HQ of the way international and they are as organized a religious organization as you can find and represent most of the college age christian vote. They would love this.

Kingfisher
01-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Very good!

cyrax
01-17-2008, 02:35 PM
I think it's a good ad even though I'm atheist.

wildflower
01-17-2008, 02:39 PM

:rolleyes:

Suggesting to turn away an endorsement from a prominent Christian pastor has got to be the dumbest thing I've heard yet today. "Who needs millions of votes from Christians! We don't." < / sarcasm>

gb13
01-17-2008, 02:45 PM

+1

Kingfisher
01-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Amen!

JMann
01-17-2008, 02:48 PM
I am also and agnostic and think the ad is fantastic. I pastor that doesn't oooze child molester and seems very level headed articulate and clean.

Caravello
01-17-2008, 02:50 PM

The guy is only saying that Ron's libertarian position is what works best for and best suits his Christian viewpoint. Christians are just as scared of the government taking away their rights as non-religious folk are of losing their rights and liberties. Ron's message cuts across a wide spectrum of society.

freelance
01-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Play to your audience -- different audiences, different ads.. it just makes sense

Exactly. You cannot just throw away this audience in the South.

scandinaviany3
01-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Everyone thankyou for all the feedback.

We need to get everyone on board to donate to the paypal general fund constantly on www.operationbroadcastfreedom so that we can have a contingency fund to deal with these amazingly tight schedules and multiple ad needs.

Right now we really need large donations to air time and complete key ads before next week. The current Baldwin draft ad that is posted is not the final version of it for baldwin and will be done by next monday to include in this package.

We need to be smart as a movement and not be just in time for our fundraising for TV. This increases the costs of the air time buys as well as minimizes the markets availability. The candidates have now started all out buying wars in the regions that we didnt face up to now. Also 527's and other PAC's are doing the same thing.

Also we have to get grassroots supporters in the states of interest to tell us about what they want to see, what is succeeding,etc. at our forum site.

Thanks and tell everyone to donate today to www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com and go to our forum and start suggesting project ideas.

Tyler
www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com

rooteroa
01-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Fix your site. It's confusing the way donations are set up right now. Also, when you link to it you might want to put the .com on the end :P

RonPaulVolunteer
01-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Well it does a LOT for me.

scandinaviany3
01-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Fix your site. It's confusing the way donations are set up right now. Also, when you link to it you might want to put the .com on the end :P

Let me know what suggestions you have.

We had quite a few to date.

Looking at only paypal and google donation buttons with general donations for everything, except google earmarks what it goes to production or air time.

btwilli1
01-17-2008, 04:44 PM
I felt that the quick cuts hurt the ad. It seemed like he was rushing to say as many things as possible in a 30 second ad. It just feels toooo rushed. Maybe slow it down and just include 2 or 3 things.

just my 2cents