PDA

View Full Version : How Ron Paul DID answer 9/11 conspiracy

Original_Intent
07-25-2007, 09:48 PM
The below is fake I guess. I am surprised that someone can put the article under Ron Paul's name without serious problems The audio at the link is legit I think.

Why do All these Truthers Keep Thinking I’m One of Them?

by Ron Paul

Look, I’m not a hateful person or anything—I believe we should all live and let live. But lately, I’ve been having a real problem with these Truthers. You see, just about wherever I go these days, one of them approaches me and starts talking about melted steel and conspiracies.
Take last Sunday, for instance, when I casually struck up a conversation with this guy who was attending one of my rallies. Nothing weird, just a couple of fellas talking about the gold standard and the true meaning of the Constitution. The guy looked like a real conservative, with the proper opinions and fervor for the cause. He didn’t seem the least bit crazy. At least not until he handed me a DVD with the movie “Loose Change” on it.
Where does this guy get the nerve to hand me that video? Did I look Truthery to him? Was I wearing a “Investigate 9/11″ t-shirt without realizing it? I don’t recall the phrase, “9/11 Truth” entering the conversation, and I don’t have a sign around my neck that reads, “Please, You Truthers, Talk to Me About Melting Steel.”

OK I had my doubts about the authenticity of the above and it does not sound like Ron Paul's style. However, the audio at the location below I am pretty sure is authentic and he rejects trutherism.

see audo at:

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/07/25/audio-ron-paul-shocked-to-find-hes-associated-with-trutherism/

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Its not the governments secrets Im worried about. Its the stuff they tell you upfront under the stance of being "good for you" that Im scared of.

Imlantable RFID chips for one. CNN and CNBC have done a few stories on how great these things will be for finding lost kids, and help emergency rooms go faster.

JPFromTally
07-25-2007, 09:54 PM
I like my answer better :-P

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9100

FreedomLover
07-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Holy crap, there are some fucking morons on that site. Pardon my french.

I will forgive Paul when he appologizes for saying that the US deserved 911 as blowback

So he doesn’t think the government was behind 9/11.

He just thinks we got what was coming to us, as a result of our foreign policy.

God help us if these trogs procreate.

Razmear
07-25-2007, 09:59 PM
OI,
That is not a Ron Paul quote.

eb

DavyDuke17
07-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Is that quote from him from the Slublog real? I doubt he will say that although I bet he thinks it..

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-25-2007, 10:01 PM
I used to think a little like that too, many years ago.

"How dare you say the US lost Vietnam!"

"There are no troop deaths in Iraq! Because the US military is INVINCILBE!"

Razmear
07-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Scroll down into the comments section it reads:

Apologies to “The Onion”

Why do All these Truthers Keep Thinking I’m One of Them?

by Ron Paul

Look, I’m not a hateful person or anything—I believe we should all live and let live. But lately, I’ve been having a real problem with these Truthers. You see, just about wherever I go these days, one of them approaches me and starts talking about melted steel and conspiracies.

Take last Sunday, for instance, when I casually struck up a conversation with this guy who was attending one of my rallies. Nothing weird, just a couple of fellas talking about the gold standard and the true meaning of the Constitution. The guy looked like a real conservative, with the proper opinions and fervor for the cause. He didn’t seem the least bit crazy. At least not until he handed me a DVD with the movie “Loose Change” on it.

Where does this guy get the nerve to hand me that video? Did I look Truthery to him? Was I wearing a “Investigate 9/11″ t-shirt without realizing it? I don’t recall the phrase, “9/11 Truth” entering the conversation, and I don’t have a sign around my neck that reads, “Please, You Truthers, Talk to Me About Melting Steel.”

Slublog on July 25, 2007 at 3:45 PM

--
It is satire, not a real Ron Paul quote, which should be obvious from the verbiage used.

FreedomLover
07-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Is that quote from him from the Slublog real?

omg, people...cmon.

Man from La Mancha
07-25-2007, 10:06 PM
I watched the video, good job by Paul. The article I don't believed was written by Dr. Paul, it doesn't have his style of writing.

See the results of these dumb people who bother this whole campaign. They just can't see that Paul is not yet president and they will ruin it for him. I believe a true supporter of his knows this and keeps their mouth shut. If they they bring it up they must be the trolls to Ron's campaign. I don't know why it is still permitted at all on these boards.

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 10:07 PM
I don't mind these neo-con idiots bashing RP for his discussion of blowback because 70%+ of the American people agree with him on that. We can win with that message

FreedomLover
07-25-2007, 10:15 PM
these are the 25% who still approve of bush. I think stephen colbert once referred to them as the backwash of america.

You find them in small pockets across the internet. Vastly outnumbered, they cling to their all but debunked and extremely nearsighted and ignorant views. They feel pressure coming from all sides, internet, real life, media. They react by becoming entrenched and unmoving in their views to the point of extremism, to insanity. What were once opinions or inclinations become supreme doctrine, impervious to change or reason.

These are the people we need to reach out to.

winston84
07-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Even if the article isn't authentic, the audio is. Yes finally! Straight from Ron Paul, that link is going in my signature line.