PDA

View Full Version : Interesting look at who Veterans voted for

thegr8drronpaul
01-15-2008, 10:21 PM
I was looking at the exit polls and saw that 41% of veterans voted for McCain and only 7% for Paul. I understand McCain's background, but that's still a substantial difference between two veteran candidates. That made me think that I don't think I've ever heard Paul mention his military background in the debates - am I wrong on that?

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/#MIREP

And also I'm remembering the debate and there was a question on healthcare and he didn't mention there that he was a doctor either (meaning he knows a bit more than the others about that topic). Just doesn't seem like he's used his track record quite enough.

free.alive
01-15-2008, 10:23 PM
It's not so much his military background that makes him a strong candidate for veterans, but his work for POW's.

Watch the Philly rally video.

This message needs to be communicated better, a lot better.

pinkmandy
01-15-2008, 10:26 PM
They vote for McCain because they don't know Paul.

thegr8drronpaul
01-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Hmm, I'll have to check that out. No, I'm not familiar with efforts to help POW's . I have a research project for tonight :)

bluemarkets
01-15-2008, 10:29 PM
yes Paul needs to interject every now and then he is a veteran of the Air Force having served 5+ years...

what I dont understand is how McCain got 35% of the "US War in Iraq Strongly Disapprove"?? Do these people not know how McCain wants endless war??

LT for the Truth
01-15-2008, 10:34 PM
yes Paul needs to interject every now and then he is a veteran of the Air Force having served 5+ years...

what I dont understand is how McCain got 35% of the "US War in Iraq Strongly Disapprove"?? Do these people not know how McCain wants endless war??

not only that, Bush, with the help of Congress, just signed HR 2640 (The Veterans Disarmament Act). In short, it will strip a lot of Veterans of their right to own a handgun. These people must wake up!!!

bucfish
01-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Many Questions and discrepancies. But do not shout about it or make another NH out of it. Keep your eyes and ears open especially when the day to vote comes your way.

Jae0
01-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Have people who canvass considered going to their local Veterans hangout to try to get people on our side? Or would that be illegal?

Cleaner44
01-15-2008, 10:40 PM

Exactly.

Paulbot_9876
01-15-2008, 10:42 PM

yep....he needs tv time.....can we maybe get someone to plater rp all over their car out west and get into a police chase?????that works in california i believe...they follow that on every channel from what i under stand....lol

Jae0
01-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Bump