PDA

View Full Version : How Paul Should Answer 9/11 Conspiracy ???

JPFromTally
07-25-2007, 08:47 PM
If I were Dr. Paul, I would have a quick little stump speech anytime anybody insinuated that that the campaign gives credence to the 9/11 Truth Movement.

I would say:

Look Mr. Mainstream Media Stooge who is trying to make me look like a loon: Though I don't believe that there was a mass conspiracy from within the government to perpetuate the attacks I think a lot of the people who do tend to support me because I'm the only politican they've seen in a while who actually tells the truth. So naturally they assume that I'm their last hope to come to the bottom of whatever it is they want someone on the inside to come to the bottom of.

But we should really look at what's making so many people think like that. Isn't it sad that the current government at all levels is so mistrusted that you have a segment of the population that thinks it could be complicit in murdering its own citizens? It's not because they're all paranoid and crazy, it's because we've taken transparency out of government and this is what I hope to bring to the White House.

Next Question.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:54 PM
that's good.

MsDoodahs
07-25-2007, 08:59 PM
THAT IS WHAT I MEAN!

Exactly correct!

Take the lemons and make lemonade!

Take the negative (these people that don't trust the gov't support you) and turn it into a positive (these people that DON'T TRUST THE GOV'T SUPPORT ME BECAUSE I AM HONEST AND THEY KNOW IT.)

:)

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 09:07 PM
I think you might want to send that to someone in the campaign. I realize that they're getting inundated, but the way JP said that is really good, IMO.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Only if he's asked, however. Otherwise, better for him to spend his precious little media time on actual issues.

Rule in politics is, don't draw people's attention to things they may not otherwise know. Let's say that 5% of the people have heard that he may be associated with the Truth movement. No need to alert the remaining 95% to that allegation.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Agreed. But having this little tidbit in your soundbyte arsenal would be good to have, IMO. I think it does what MsDoodahs said... makes lemonade out of lemons.

SWATH
07-25-2007, 09:28 PM
If I were Dr. Paul, I would have a quick little stump speech anytime anybody insinuated that that the campaign gives credence to the 9/11 Truth Movement.

I would say:

Look Mr. Mainstream Media Stooge who is trying to make me look like a loon: Though I don't believe that there was a mass conspiracy from within the government to perpetuate the attacks I think a lot of the people who do tend to support me because I'm the only politican they've seen in a while who actually tells the truth. So naturally they assume that I'm their last hope to come to the bottom of whatever it is they want someone on the inside to come to the bottom of.

But we should really look at what's making so many people think like that. Isn't it sad that the current government at all levels is so mistrusted that you have a segment of the population that thinks it could be complicit in murdering its own citizens? It's not because they're all paranoid and crazy, it's because we've taken transparency out of government and this is what I hope to bring to the White House.

Next Question.

I like it but it might behoove him to also say that if there is a conspiracy present than the new investigation should bring these thing to light.

nullvalu
07-25-2007, 09:28 PM
That's almost verbatim what i've told a few people who thought RP's entire platform was that 9/11 was an inside job..

Sir VotesALot
07-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Next Question.

Why the hell are you starting another one of these threads?

I'm pretty sure Ron Paul would never say that. Considering that 9/11 skeptics make up a large portion of his supporters, he's not going dismiss their theories as "overreactions".

Nor would he say something as stupid (and neo-con-esque) as "...could be complicit in murdering its own citizens." Ron Paul would never marginalize the role of government like that. That's what pundits do.

And if other governments have been complicit in murdering their own citizens, I'm sure he's capable of coming to the conclusion that ours might be as well.

JPFromTally
07-25-2007, 09:45 PM
I think this is very important. The NY Times and LA Times pieces are a foreshadow of what's too come. Also, listen to the Mike Gallagher interview. As Dr. Paul keeps gaining in popularity this is the main tool that the MSM, especially the conservative pundits, are going to use to marginalize him and he better be damn well ready with a good answer.

Original_Intent
07-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Why the hell are you starting another one of these threads?

I'm pretty sure Ron Paul would never say that. Considering that 9/11 skeptics make up a large portion of his supporters, he's not going dismiss their theories as "overreactions".

Nor would he say something as stupid (and neo-con-esque) as "...could be complicit in murdering its own citizens." Ron Paul would never marginalize the role of government like that. That's what pundits do.

And if other governments have been complicit in murdering their own citizens, I'm sure he's capable of coming to the conclusion that ours might be as well.

Already dismissed. Listen to audio at:

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/07/25/audio-ron-paul-shocked-to-find-hes-associated-with-trutherism/

bobmurph
07-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I think he should just keep it simple and say "I do not believe in a 9/11 conspiracy. Period."

Next question.

Perhaps he can elaborate w/ JP's response in one or two interviews, but the drumbeat needs to be that he doesn't believe in it...especially to the pundits who are trying to marginalize him as a kook.

Sir VotesALot
07-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Already dismissed. Listen to audio at:

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/07/25/audio-ron-paul-shocked-to-find-hes-associated-with-trutherism/

He was talking about himself and what he believes, never did he question the motives of the skeptics.

bygone
07-25-2007, 11:35 PM
It's amazing what people believe. I had someone tell me today that they thought the government was building Wal-Marts. It was implied there was some sort of plot becuase of how fast they were being built.

Scratch stooge and loon, and I don't know if you can say they aren't paranoid and crazy with a straight face... might take some practice, lol... :)