PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Please read this! You will serve.

123tim
01-15-2008, 09:58 PM
This is something that we all need to be aware of....

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-393

This is a bill that is in route to make everyone between the ages of 18 - 42 to serve in the US military.

A BILL

To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the favorable treatment afforded combat pay under the earned income tax credit, and for other purposes.

Please be aware of this!
This is the tool that you need to get votes for Ron Paul.

I think that this will motivate everyone.

Redcard
01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
This thing has been there in one form or another by Charlie Rangel since 2003. He has no intention of passing it.. it's just a political statement.

123tim
01-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Everyone really needs to be aware of this.

gracebkr
01-15-2008, 10:02 PM
They can kiss my ass.

123tim
01-15-2008, 10:03 PM
This thing has been there in one form or another by Charlie Rangel since 2003. He has no intention of passing it.. it's just a political statement.

I don't understand...Why would he do this?

wgadget
This is something that we all need to be aware of....

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-393

This is a bill that is in route to make everyone between the ages of 18 - 42 to serve in the US military.

A BILL

To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the favorable treatment afforded combat pay under the earned income tax credit, and for other purposes.

Please be aware of this!
This is the tool that you need to get votes for Ron Paul.

I think that this will motivate everyone.

I won't serve...I just turned 48.

N13

+1

This is a non-issue.

Rangle has been using it to fuck with the Pro-War people. It will never happen because then war would be very unpopular and virtually impossible to do. ie. This bill will never pass because Pro War people want it to be easy like it is now to invade other countries without any constraints like that.

Azprint
01-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Hey guys, suck it up and come to liberal Canada ^.^

diesirae
01-15-2008, 10:04 PM

Scare tactics, and political posturing.

Same reason the Democrats tried to start a draft a year back.

N13
01-15-2008, 10:05 PM

Because he wants to make it difficult to wage war. Pro-War people don't like that idea.

Redcard

Because he wants to make the rich people think about sending kids to war when everyone serves.

It's just a statement.

amistybleu
I will serve no false god. Eat shit USA, you are barking up the wrong tree. :mad:

MaidenFan
Mandatory military service?

With economic conditions as they are, this is already a reality for many of my peers. I know at least a dozen people who were basically forced into enlisting because of their family's financial situation.

Kludge
01-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Hey guys, suck it up and come to liberal Canada ^.^

............... I can't even write anything to this. I'm dumbfounded. I mean, if you took financial issues of Ron Paul, and inverted his positions, it's Canada. I feel like some incredible hurricane should just sweep you away right now...

slamhead
I am 42 with a 16 year old daughter...they will have to fight me before she goes to fight for a corporation.

123tim
+1

This is a non-issue.

Rangle has been using it to fuck with the Pro-War people. It will never happen because then war would be very unpopular and virtually impossible to do. ie. This bill will never pass because Pro War people want it to be easy like it is now to invade other countries without any constraints like that.

I hope that you're right. I have no understanding of these sorts of things, so I'll take your word for it. It sort of scares me that this document is sitting (and waiting) for any sort of consideration though.

Azprint
01-15-2008, 10:11 PM
............... I can't even write anything to this. I'm dumbfounded. I mean, if you took financial issues of Ron Paul, and inverted his positions, it's Canada. I feel like some incredible hurricane should just sweep you away right now...

Ok, but this is a social issue we are talking about, not economic right?

Edit: Also all I tried to say by it, if you are so confused is that Canada is not a militaristic country like United States and that there is no way of draft being implemented here, unless it is something as big as WWII.

kyleAF
01-15-2008, 10:13 PM
It's not an issue. The people would fight tooth and nail against another draft. Especially the military would, since we volunteer military members make for a better force. And it would be national suicide to get us involved in something that requires enough bodies to force a draft of civilians. Present wars (though crappy) are more technology oriented.

However, I believe Obama has called for a national service initiative of some sort... civil service, not military, but still mandatory. I also think that it's creeping up in highschools now. (Fact check this, as it's from memory)

The bigger concern you all should be thinking of is martial law if/when we see a real economic crisis unfold. It just wouldn't be good.

mikeInAZ
01-15-2008, 10:15 PM
I won't serve...I just turned 48.

good for you :confused:

Kludge
01-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Ok, but this is a social issue we are talking about, not economic right?

It doesn't matter what the "issue" is, it's moving to Canada!

N13
01-15-2008, 10:19 PM
I hope that you're right. I have no understanding of these sorts of things, so I'll take your word for it. It sort of scares me that this document is sitting (and waiting) for any sort of consideration though.

Rangel has been pushing this crap for a long time. Don't worry about it.

If anything use it to our political advantage.

jmdrake
01-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Because he wants to make it difficult to wage war. Pro-War people don't like that idea.

Really? I heard Rangle on that war hawk fake conservative "Michael Savage" show last year and Savage was LAPPING UP this position! Rangle pitches this to liberals as a way to "make sure rich kids have to go to war too." No powerful person will ever have to serve on the front line no matter what happens. Dan Quayle got the air national guard. Al Gore was a corresponded. Bill Clinton (not rich, but well connected by draft age) went off to university and W went AWOL. Today someone with clout could get a job flying predator drones from wherever they fly from.

Here's my take. The military industrial complex is running out of recruits. They can't push a draft through themselves so they use a lib as a cats paw.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Paulbot_9876
01-15-2008, 10:20 PM
i am going to serve.....right here on my own soil.....

N13
01-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Really? I heard Rangle on that war hawk fake conservative "Michael Savage" show last year and Savage was LAPPING UP this position! Rangle pitches this to liberals as a way to "make sure rich kids have to go to war too." No powerful person will ever have to serve on the front line no matter what happens. Dan Quayle got the air national guard. Al Gore was a corresponded. Bill Clinton (not rich, but well connected by draft age) went off to university and W went AWOL. Today someone with clout could get a job flying predator drones from wherever they fly from.

Here's my take. The military industrial complex is running out of recruits. They can't push a draft through themselves so they use a lib as a cats paw.

Regards,

John M. Drake

The people that matter are the ones who would vote on it in congress. Those guys have this strong affinity towards re-election.

A vote to re-instate the draft = Pack your D.C. bags because you aren't coming back.

icon124
they can kiss my ass and lock me up for however long they want...i will never go fight a war and kill innocent people

Azprint
It doesn't matter what the "issue" is, it's moving to Canada!

Gosh, what is wrong with you? Is you skull so thick, that you can't even take a minor joke? Jesus Almighty!

bkreigh
01-15-2008, 10:26 PM
I just finished 6 years and signed up for 3 more. I think i am good

GryphonsClaw
01-15-2008, 10:30 PM
People will fight this? Is this like they fought the patriot act, or the war in Iraq, or letting Bush do whatever he wants. Maybe how they fought the drug prescription act. Maybe how they fight the poverty level growing or illegal immigration. People will be upset, in the end they will same damn congressmen and go serve. 10% of us will fight and leave the country, we will be the deserters or the non-patriots.