PDA

View Full Version : There Is A Plan And It's Starting To Show

LibertyOrDeath1776
01-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Think about this. All the other candidates are nearly broke. Every single state has had a new winner thus far. Our grassroots have pulled in 7-10% of the vote in every state without any help from the main campaign and, we have 0 expectations in the news media.

Ron Paul's campaign strategy is like Rudy Gulianni 2.0

Think about it. Ron Paul does not have to worry about failure. His campaign has been doing the same thing as Rudy's but BETTER. Our grassroots are more energized more supportive and it shows in the polls. We have now beaten him twice.

Rudy has only set himself up for a loss though. If he should fail in Florida, it will destroy his entire campaign.

We could really liken this entire campaign to a game of football. Imagine that Ron Paul's team gives up major yardage to the opponent but when it comes time to score, only allows the opponents to get field goals. On the other hand Rudy's team would allow other teams to score big time against it with the promise that "we will score more by the end of the game" The problem with that is, if you don't score big time, you look like a big loser, something Ron Paul's team wouldn't have to worry about.

Ron Paul's strategy is becoming visible. Bend but don't break. No matter what happens leading up to super Tuesday, Ron Paul has ensured that the bar has been set so low, the media cannot possibly report him as failing. Because of this fact he largely ignores being in the cross hairs and does not have to spend larges amounts of money.

So with no line drawn in the sand and plenty of money to spend on super Tuesday, his campaign will be poised to look amazing when he begins to strike at his opponents.

Paulitical Correctness
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
+1 for hoping you're right.

Xonox
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Dr. Ron Paul is about to deliver the comeback kid.

liberty_Forever
01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
uhm campaign is going to need a major shakeup for this fairy trail to come true

fuzzybekool
01-15-2008, 09:43 PM
I agree 100%

Basilieus
01-15-2008, 09:44 PM

I don't think so. I think this is a grassroots concern, not a campaign concern. The grassroots gets behind these "theories" of why we are at 6% and every speculates. I think Ron knows what he is doing... hes not stupid you know.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
He needs to win by Feb 5th or he won't be viewed as viable/electable, regardless of if he has a quadrillion dollars on hand. The message can't get out in full without free media coverage.
30 second ads won't do it, a Super Bowl commerical won't do it.

If anything, he's testing the grassroots out to see if we can spread the message ourselves without the media. But the fact his poll numbers aren't going up nationally is disconcerting to this strategy.

j0ew00ds

Fairy t(R)ail? :) either way, i hope the OP is right...

Crickett
01-15-2008, 09:45 PM
I don't think the other candidates are broke. Huck has huge support and they could all give him 2300.00 Romney will never be out of money..I do not know why you say this. The better they do, the more money they get.

foxx
01-15-2008, 09:45 PM
I hope that is the plan.. becouse Ron Paul said today,that super tues. was the big test.

amistybleu
01-15-2008, 09:46 PM
1/21 ?:)

Crickett
01-15-2008, 09:46 PM
I don't think so. I think this is a grassroots concern, not a campaign concern. The grassroots gets behind these "theories" of why we are at 6% and every speculates. I think Ron knows what he is doing... hes not stupid you know.

True, but the ads are horrible, evoke no emotion, and will not make people vote for him. NOT one.

liberty_Forever
01-15-2008, 09:47 PM
I view it along the lines as building a movement, a network, a political force to defend American Constitution. I do pray we can win.

TNforPaul45
01-15-2008, 09:48 PM
When Guiliani drops out, his supporters will go for Thompson, and vice versa. When they both drop out, they will go with McCain.

gracebkr
01-15-2008, 09:49 PM

I felt like I was just slugged by you. LMAO. I was actually in clouds reading this post I was like "yes, it is true. It must be true. It is true!!!" The I see this and now I am like wait a minute. Now that I am off that cloud, I still think Libertyordeath1776 is right. We are going to win. I hope everyone knows that. Ron Paul is gaining slowly and steadily. He will run Independent with 20% republican vote. Hilary or Obama will get the nomination. And the democrat that doesn't get nominated now has two candidates to chose from, the independent or Republican. Hilary supporters are not for Obama and vice versa. We win people. Stop griping.

TER
01-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Ron must at least come in second in Nevada. I think that's his major priority right now.

wgadget
01-15-2008, 09:52 PM
He needs to win by Feb 5th or he won't be viewed as viable/electable, regardless of if he has a quadrillion dollars on hand. The message can't get out in full without free media coverage.
30 second ads won't do it, a Super Bowl commerical won't do it.

If anything, he's testing the grassroots out to see if we can spread the message ourselves without the media. But the fact his poll numbers aren't going up nationally is disconcerting to this strategy.

It seems that Rudy and Freddie are/were on every talk radio show imaginable several days a week, and look what it did for them in MI. There's got to be more to it than that.

Pii
01-15-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't think the other candidates are broke. Huck has huge support and they could all give him 2300.00 Romney will never be out of money..I do not know why you say this. The better they do, the more money they get.

I doubt very seriously that the average Fundy Bible-thumper can donate the maximum.

saahmed
01-15-2008, 09:53 PM

Don't you think he would have spent $20 million on the early states if he really thought that needed to be his focus. He obviously has a lot of money on hand and he must have a plan to use it. It's not like he can keep it for his own personal use.

N13
01-15-2008, 09:55 PM
At some point, the campaign has to make its big move. We will need to score some touchdowns to win this thing.

So far, so good. The situation is ideal for a run. There is no frontrunner. Just a pack of horses fighting for position.

Michigan11
01-15-2008, 09:56 PM
We are kicking ass. I bet we may get 8% in the next state who knows at this point!

TheEchoPlaza
01-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Feb. 5th does matter and we do need some success, but I don't think it is the most important factor. Where Ron Paul could potentially really utilize his money is in the states that have almost always never mattered...the states after Feb. 5th. These states never get campaigned in for primaries, and are starved for attention from candidates. This year because of the lack of a clear frontrunner, they are going to be crucial in getting delegates and may be the make or break for Ron if he gets momentum on Feb. 5th. He's going to still have a lot of money to spend in these states whereas others will have dried up their donors who never thought this primary would go on so long. It could be Ron's secret strategy, win the "post-Feb. 5th states".

gracebkr
01-15-2008, 09:58 PM
I doubt very seriously that the average Fundy Bible-thumper can donate the maximum.

I am a fundie.

Heckler
01-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Ron Paul has been gaining ground since last year when I started watching him. I akin it to a snow ball rolling down a very tall mountain. We've done everything without the media reporting and when they have they've tried to make him look like a fool.

We must campaign to the older generations. They were the ones who voted for Reagan. They're also the same people who are energized by a youth that is up-to-date on political issues and long for freedom.

Joey Wahoo
I think you're right. The strategy was to still be standing, with money to spend, once the field is whittled down. That part is working.

But certainly we anticipated a stronger showing in NH. To get credibility and some momentum we need a top 2 finish SOON. I'm hoping for Nevada.

diesirae
Feb. 5th does matter and we do need some success, but I don't think it is the most important factor. Where Ron Paul could potentially really utilize his money is in the states that have almost always never mattered...the states after Feb. 5th. These states never get campaigned in for primaries, and are starved for attention from candidates. This year because of the lack of a clear frontrunner, they are going to be crucial in getting delegates and may be the make or break for Ron if he gets momentum on Feb. 5th. He's going to still have a lot of money to spend in these states whereas others will have dried up their donors who never thought this primary would go on so long. It could be Ron's secret strategy, win the "post-Feb. 5th states".

...which won't matter at all if a clear leader emerges on the 5th, or even a winner. He needs to get some high-profile wins, and some actual delegates, or this isn't going to happen.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Think about this. All the other candidates are nearly broke. Every single state has had a new winner thus far. Our grassroots have pulled in 7-10% of the vote in every state without any help from the main campaign and, we have 0 expectations in the news media.

Think about it. Ron Paul does not have to worry about failure. His campaign has been doing the same thing as Rudy's but BETTER. Our grassroots are more energized more supportive and it shows in the polls. We have now beaten him twice.

Rudy has only set himself up for a loss though. If he should fail in Florida, it will destroy his entire campaign.

We could really liken this entire campaign to a game of football. Imagine that Ron Paul's team gives up major yardage to the opponent but when it comes time to score, only allows the opponents to get field goals. On the other hand Rudy's team would allow other teams to score big time against it with the promise that "we will score more by the end of the game" The problem with that is, if you don't score big time, you look like a big loser, something Ron Paul's team wouldn't have to worry about.

Ron Paul's strategy is becoming visible. Bend but don't break. No matter what happens leading up to super Tuesday, Ron Paul has ensured that the bar has been set so low, the media cannot possibly report him as failing. Because of this fact he largely ignores being in the cross hairs and does not have to spend larges amounts of money.

So with no line drawn in the sand and plenty of money to spend on super Tuesday, his campaign will be poised to look amazing when he begins to strike at his opponents.

Good analysis...

TNforPaul45
There is no Master Plan, there will be no touchdowns. He has no chance of getting the GOP nomination now. The "powers that be" have pulled off their little scheme perfectly, and the blackout has worked.

The american people like the state they are in, and they will, en masse, turn to the candidate that "makes them feel good" and who "looks good" to "lead" them. Voters don't care about issues anymore, they just care about who looks good on TV, who can smile the largest and who can laugh and snicker the most.

It's amazing how people are voting for candidates that laugh and sneer at Ron Paul, and don't even CONSIDER that when the people are telling that future president that they are wrong, that Romney or McCain wont turn the sneering on them, and laugh at them. They don't think of that, but it's coming.

Paul never laughs or chides the other candidates unfairly. Never chuckles when others are expressing their views.

The majority of the american people take a childish attitude to voting and to their candidates. and they will be treated as such by both parties, whoever gets elected.

bucfish
If you ever watch a horse race it is not the point to be out in front first but rather to make your move and close like lightning. Soon we will see it but for now keep getting out the word and work extra hard to canvass and write editorials. We also will need ads in local papers. Start sign waves in smaller towns that do not have a meetup yet. Get an ad on Sunday in their local paper. Not a divisive one but one about his record and ask them to google ronpaul. Heck put an ad in the classifieds with just that google ron paul.

nbhadja
01-15-2008, 10:03 PM

McCain's campaign is in debt for a few million dollars.

Thompson has almost no money, same with Huckabee.
All of Huckabee's supporters have already donated 2300 dollars, they can't donate anymore. Hucko doesn't get small donations from regular people like Paul does, he gets max outs from the elite.

Romney has reportedly spent 20 million of his own money. He is worth an estimated 150-200 million dollars. That is a large chunk of his personal wealth he has already spent.

Rudy also is really low on cash, and like all of the other Republican candidates (cept Paul), his rich elite voters have already maxed out. He asked his paid staffers to work for free this month.

So yes all of the other candidates have no money left, cept Romney (but how much of his personal wealth would he be willing to squander?).

diesirae
01-15-2008, 10:03 PM
If you ever watch a horse race it is not the point to be out in front first but rather to make your move and close like lightning. Soon we will see it but for now keep getting out the word and work extra hard to canvass and write editorials. We also will need ads in local papers. Start sign waves in smaller towns that do not have a meetup yet. Get an ad on Sunday in their local paper. Not a divisive one but one about his record and ask them to google ronpaul. Heck put an ad in the classifieds with just that google ron paul.

My grandmother wouldn't know what the heck "Google Ron Paul" meant, or what to do with it. When you think up things like this, you have to consider what the impact is, and who they're targeting.

gracebkr
01-15-2008, 10:07 PM
There is no Master Plan, there will be no touchdowns. He has no chance of getting the GOP nomination now. The "powers that be" have pulled off their little scheme perfectly, and the blackout has worked.

The american people like the state they are in, and they will, en masse, turn to the candidate that "makes them feel good" and who "looks good" to "lead" them. Voters don't care about issues anymore, they just care about who looks good on TV, who can smile the largest and who can laugh and snicker the most.

It's amazing how people are voting for candidates that laugh and sneer at Ron Paul, and don't even CONSIDER that when the people are telling that future president that they are wrong, that Romney or McCain wont turn the sneering on them, and laugh at them. They don't think of that, but it's coming.

Paul never laughs or chides the other candidates unfairly. Never chuckles when others are expressing their views.

The majority of the american people take a childish attitude to voting and to their candidates. and they will be treated as such by both parties, whoever gets elected.

Your gloom and doom is annoying at the beginning. It IS NOT OVER!!!!!! We are strong and standing. This is the beginning! If it is over to you then stop wasting our time. But if you have HOPE, then put that to something positive. We CAN win, only we can defeat ourselves. We know Ron Paul is right. Everyone else will too once they hear a fair debate which we are coming to soon.

TNforPaul45
01-15-2008, 10:09 PM
I didnt say that it was over...I'm just stating the obvious fact that we are not going to do better than 4th on Super Tuesday. The campaign needs to shift it's resources to a 3rd party run, before Bloomberg steals that limelight.

familydog
01-15-2008, 10:31 PM
I didnt say that it was over...I'm just stating the obvious fact that we are not going to do better than 4th on Super Tuesday. The campaign needs to shift it's resources to a 3rd party run, before Bloomberg steals that limelight.

If you're right (and I don't think you are) then I'm wasting my time here and am going to move on to greener pastures. I'm sure a lot of others feel the same.

ralucelom
01-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Good observation, though im not a fan of metaphors very much.in this case however u make a valid point. Paul didnt do so bad with 52,000 votes and
is doing better than guiliani so, ure projections arent farfetched.

ionlyknowy
01-15-2008, 10:54 PM
I think that all of Fred's support went to Huck... and potential paul supporters were also taken by Huck.

AlexK
01-15-2008, 11:01 PM

All these positives are being negated by the fucking white supremacists. I'm sure Ron Paul lost quite a bit of support because of all those allegations of racism.

TheEchoPlaza
01-16-2008, 01:01 AM
the only people that are worth courting are the younger voters, the Libertarian Party unfortunately fell into the trap that it could convince a large segment of middle aged and older Republicans to join the LP. After a couple of decades of futility it has still not fully learned its lesson and we can't start thinking that we need to go out of our way with Ron Paul on older voters. They are way too set in their ways to switch allegiances en masse. The only ones that can be turned are those whose minds have not atrophied yet. For those roughly over 40 the numbers aren't that significant. We need the idealist mentality not the pragmatist. There's moves to reform the LP and the old guard within it who are too rigid, and purist. Youth is the only way we can forge a powerful movement.

blakjak
01-16-2008, 01:04 AM
I'm guessing a lot of people are going to be in for a big surprise when the 4th quarter campaign numbers are released (mainly cash on hand) - and I don't mean in a good way. There's a reason the campaign has asked for $23 million.

michaelwise
01-16-2008, 01:12 AM

The majority of the american people take a childish attitude to voting and to their candidates. and they will be treated as such by both parties, whoever gets elected.Truer words were never spoken. Well Somewhat.

ronpauleddy
01-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Think about it like this!!

We did not have help from the National campaign!!
We did not have T.V. ads!!
We did not have Ron Paul in Michigan!!
BUT...we beat Fred and Rudy COMBINED!!

This my friends is huge!! Imagine what an organized effort from the National campaign would have done!!
This is why I have Faith in Nevada!!
This is why as many of us should try and make it to Florida!!
Keep on FIGHTING!! we reached over 55,000 people in Michigan!!
That's over 80,000 people awakened so far in just 3 states!!
This means we are waking up MILLIONS across the nation!!
All on our own!! WE ARE WINNING!! Keep it up!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

G-Wohl
01-16-2008, 01:24 AM
Um... OP, I don't think the national headquarters are capable of devising such a meticulous scheme. I could only hope that they did, though!

smartguy911
01-16-2008, 01:26 AM
I read somewhere in this forum that they don't have much money left. there is a reason they are asking for $20 million by Jan 25th and the way it's going, we will prob get $2 million only. :-(

watch and donate - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAWClI8zsH4

stewie3128
01-16-2008, 06:01 AM

...Way to contribute to the forum. :rolleyes:

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-16-2008, 07:46 AM

wrong.

Many states won't even let you run independant if you lost in the primary.

3rd party is suicide in this country.

wrong

wrong

wrong

Its now or never for Dr. Paul.

seeker1
01-16-2008, 08:12 AM
All these positives are being negated by the fucking white supremacists. I'm sure Ron Paul lost quite a bit of support because of all those allegations of racism.

I'm one of the people that has supported Ron Paul for over twenty five years. He's been my write in candidate for the last 6 elections.

You're in la la land if you think garnering a handful of fifth place finishes is momentum. Now success is whether we can beat Rudy and Fred? Give me a break.

I've wondered long and hard since my first meetup during this campaign how long it would take before the solidarity would break up and start pointing fingers at the reason Ron Paul wasn't winning.

Oh it's the white supremists that are his problem? Maybe its the hippies or them damn fundamentalists switching to Huckleberry.

The problem is this campaign is a joke. There's enormous grassroots and no leadership. Ron Paul isn't god you know. He isn't all knowing and following some master plan.

He's content to get his message out. This is a libertarian mission. It's a long term strategy to get more people in the throng. It's not about winning the election.

If so, there would be a real campaign staff that had one focus. Getting elected.

There's plenty of us that have spent our own money promoting this campaign, because there isn't any organized strategy. We're on our own.

Like many of you, I fear for my children. I know we're heading for a dark period in our history and we'll never be the same. Ron Paul was our last hope and for some reason, he is content just getting his libertarian message out.

If you don't like the negative posts, too bad.

ClayTrainor
01-16-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm one of the people that has supported Ron Paul for over twenty five years. He's been my write in candidate for the last 6 elections.

You're in la la land if you think garnering a handful of fifth place finishes is momentum. Now success is whether we can beat Rudy and Fred? Give me a break.

I've wondered long and hard since my first meetup during this campaign how long it would take before the solidarity would break up and start pointing fingers at the reason Ron Paul wasn't winning.

Oh it's the white supremists that are his problem? Maybe its the hippies or them damn fundamentalists switching to Huckleberry.

The problem is this campaign is a joke. There's enormous grassroots and no leadership. Ron Paul isn't god you know. He isn't all knowing and following some master plan.

He's content to get his message out. This is a libertarian mission. It's a long term strategy to get more people in the throng. It's not about winning the election.

If so, there would be a real campaign staff that had one focus. Getting elected.

There's plenty of us that have spent our own money promoting this campaign, because there isn't any organized strategy. We're on our own.

Like many of you, I fear for my children. I know we're heading for a dark period in our history and we'll never be the same. Ron Paul was our last hope and for some reason, he is content just getting his libertarian message out.

If you don't like the negative posts, too bad.

I hate to say it but, i agree with you almost 100%

It's almost as if the campaign doesnt even beleive they can win, and they just want to get the message out!

Well, that sounds nice, but the reason alot of us have put our money where our mouth is, is because we actually want Ron as our president!

We need to co-ordinate efforts to hire a very highly regarded campaign manager.

Agree?

randomname
01-16-2008, 08:21 AM
I think that all of Fred's support went to Huck... and potential paul supporters were also taken by Huck.

At least in MI, according to the exit polls a lot of Thompson's support went to Romney (34%). Same for Ron Paul (18% of potential voters voted for Romney). Huck only took 9% of potential support from Paul.

Regardless of how you voted today, which one of these candidates is most likely to bring needed change to the country?
Category % Total Giuliani Huckabee Hunter McCain Paul Romney Thompson Unc.
Rudy Giuliani 4 39 10 - 20 - 28 2 -
Mike Huckabee 17 3 79 - 9 1 5 0 2
John McCain 27 1 4 - 87 1 7 0 1
Ron Paul 13 2 9 - 12 52 18 6 2
Mitt Romney 31 1 3 0 3 2 88 1 2
Fred Thompson 4 5 5 1 - - 34 55 -

Thomas Paine
01-16-2008, 08:21 AM

So far, Rudy Giuliani's campaign strategy is going into the toilet. Therefore, I am not convinced that adopting Ghouliani's strategy is the wisest decision in the political universe.

Thomas Paine
01-16-2008, 08:25 AM
I read somewhere in this forum that they don't have much money left. there is a reason they are asking for $20 million by Jan 25th and the way it's going, we will prob get $2 million only. :-(

watch and donate - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAWClI8zsH4

If Ron Paul had placed at least third in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Michigan, then he would be well on his was toward $23 Million. Donors like to give money to a candidate who they believe will 1) win and 2) spend their money wisely. Placing at least third in the foregoing states (a real possibility at one time) would have been perceived as a moral victory, even by the MSM. Thus far, national campaign HQ has failed to convince donors that Ron Paul can win and that the money raised in the 4th Quarter is being spent wisely.

ClayTrainor
01-16-2008, 08:31 AM
So far, Rudy Giuliani's campaign strategy is going into the toilet. Therefore, I am not convinced that adopting Ghouliani's strategy is the wisest decision in the political universe.

It's not like we're following rudy.

Note the 2.0

Ron paul is effectively doing what giuliani is doing, only Paul is doing much better so far!

LibertyRevolution
01-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Rudy has name recignition and Florida in his pocket. I dont see how we are going to win with a super-tuesday plan, when most people i run into dont even know who ron paul is, and the ones that do think he cant win, and it be a wasted vote. My neighbor saw my sign and said that he liked ron pauls message but that he prolly wont vote for him becuase he has no chance in winning!

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-16-2008, 08:56 AM

6 % in michigan

Join The Paul Side
01-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Ron Paul needs to do nationwide what candidates usually do here in FL. They make appearences and gives speaches where old people live, meet, and gather. They go after the Senior Citizen vote. Young people already know about Dr. Paul. It's the older folks that need educating. He needs to clarify himself on where he stands on issues they care about.

Brian Bailey
01-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Things are just starting to get interesting.

The campaign knows what they are doing.

Now is the time to solidify our resolve, not question it.

We still have humongous afterburners and the other candidates are sitting around with a zippo.

A. Havnes
01-16-2008, 09:23 AM
I also hope you're right. Here's hoping for Super Tuesday.

FreeTraveler
01-16-2008, 09:23 AM

Shhhhhhh!!! ;)

FreeTraveler
01-16-2008, 09:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48rz8udZBmQ

FreeTraveler
01-16-2008, 09:26 AM
How old are you? Twenty?

As a 55-year-old, I think I'm qualified to say this: You're full of shit!

the only people that are worth courting are the younger voters, the Libertarian Party unfortunately fell into the trap that it could convince a large segment of middle aged and older Republicans to join the LP. After a couple of decades of futility it has still not fully learned its lesson and we can't start thinking that we need to go out of our way with Ron Paul on older voters. They are way too set in their ways to switch allegiances en masse. The only ones that can be turned are those whose minds have not atrophied yet. For those roughly over 40 the numbers aren't that significant. We need the idealist mentality not the pragmatist. There's moves to reform the LP and the old guard within it who are too rigid, and purist. Youth is the only way we can forge a powerful movement.

AlexK
01-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Is there ANY indication that he'll do better in other states? He's been going down in percentages with ever primary/caucus. He didn't do well in NH, which was supposedly THE state for RP. Michigan, which many here thought would be the turning point, was even worse. And some of the momentum that he's gained in the news for his fundraising is gone. Plus the resurfaced racism allegations aren't helping either.

shrugged0106
01-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Does anyone have a link to the overall results for all the primaries thus far so I can prove to a heter that Paul is running 4th overall so far?

Austin
01-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Well, I thought we had a lot of money on hand. Apparently, we've only got 8 million. That's nothing.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
01-16-2008, 09:01 PM
nt

AgentOrange
01-16-2008, 11:17 PM
99% of people have short-term memory. The issues will be forgotten the day after Super Tuesday. I am one who believes Ron Paul could have won, but I don't think his heart was in it. Realistically, if Ron Paul couldn't win NH, he isn't going to win anywhere. Certainly the media blackout is foremost to blame. And I think more experience campaign staff would have helped.

3rd party? It's a loooooooong shot, but I would say his chances of winning as a 3rd party candidate are considerably better than winning the Republican nomination.

Carole
01-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Does anyone know what Reagan's campaign plan was?

TheTyke
01-18-2008, 12:18 AM
I kind of feel like if we lose, all the negativity will be to blame. If you give up or get discouraged - you lessen or eliminate your chances of victory. But if you move foreward optimistically, you at least have a chance of victory.

Ron Paul apparently pulled off some impressive strategies in his elections in Texas. I personally believe he has a plan, but I'm worried that he didn't count on the negativity of the community downsizing contributions and discouragement slowing our efforts.

I for one will move forward as much as I can - and I will be maxing out my donation on the 21st. It's too important NOT to try my best...

fmontez
01-18-2008, 12:57 AM
99% of people have short-term memory. The issues will be forgotten the day after Super Tuesday. I am one who believes Ron Paul could have won, but I don't think his heart was in it. Realistically, if Ron Paul couldn't win NH, he isn't going to win anywhere. Certainly the media blackout is foremost to blame. And I think more experience campaign staff would have helped.

3rd party? It's a loooooooong shot, but I would say his chances of winning as a 3rd party candidate are considerably better than winning the Republican nomination.

I think he still has a chance to win, but the window is shrinking fast. I don't think he was really prepared to have a chance, so he is still sorting out if he wants to be President, IMHO.

(1) Address the Newsletter scandal by outing the bigoted writers, nothing short of that will suffice.
(2) Hire new staff, including a new manager as well as speech coach (no more Empire speech, time to talk about America First.) Same message, but spoken in Politcian-talk.
(3) Commit to the Republican/GOP party... he needs to prove that he is a sincere Republican. He can do this by promising not to run as a 3rd party, cracking down on the fringe nut jobs that are speaking in his name, and not courting the liberal vote (at least not until the General Election.)

Time is running out, if we win in NV and Dr. Paul acts immeditatly to change his staff/message he could have a chance on Super Tuesday.