PDA

View Full Version : The Campaign Sux!! Cause of us

Rhys
01-15-2008, 09:36 PM
We need boots on the ground. That's why we got 6 in MI. We could have done very well. I'll tell you, I didnt know till recently what that meant... it meant going door to door and finding and creating Ron Paul support.

This is what a campaign is. TV (with ads) is only 1/3.

voters.ronpaul2008.com

Rebel Resource
01-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Canvass, canvass, canvass, donate. Canvass, canvass, canvass, donate. Canvass, canvass, canvass, donate. Canvass, canvass, canvass, donate.

BillyFromPhilly
01-15-2008, 09:39 PM
People need to sign up to be precinct leaders and get out there!

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

NoxTwilight
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
What really frustrates me is .. we have 42 members on our meetup group and only about 5 to 8 ever show up to precinct walk or to meetings .. what the hell did they join for? So those few of us have the ENTIRE city - hell the entire county to try to cover.

Makes me mad.

Soccrmastr
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
yes please everyone blimps are retarded. canvassing works. PLEASE sign up and canvass: https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

justatrey
01-15-2008, 09:41 PM

voters.ronpaul2008.com

I heard there were 0 Ron Paul television ads in MI?

stevedasbach
01-15-2008, 09:52 PM
True. However you also need the TV ads. If you aren't visible on TV (ads and/or MSM coverage) you don't exist as an option in the minds of most voters.

hasan
01-15-2008, 09:54 PM
We need boots on the ground. That's why we got 6 in MI. We could have done very well. I'll tell you, I didnt know till recently what that meant... it meant going door to door and finding and creating Ron Paul support.

voters.ronpaul2008.com

without the grassroots efforts we wouldv done no better than mike gravel

Kludge
01-15-2008, 09:56 PM
True. However you also need the TV ads. If you aren't visible on TV (ads and/or MSM coverage) you don't exist as an option in the minds of most voters.

We need *GOOD* TV and radio ads. Not "Ron Paul was in the Army. Ron Paul wants to eliminate the IRS. Ron Paul wants to eliminate the income tax. I'm Ron Paul, and I want to eliminate the income tax".

I fear that I'm going to tackle the next person to tell me Ron Paul has no plan for the income tax or god forbid... That he's a white supremacist.

nimo
01-15-2008, 09:56 PM
What are you talking about? This was our best results yet!

Noleader
01-15-2008, 10:03 PM
I heard there were 0 Ron Paul television ads in MI?

I never saw one... And I saw a crapload for McCain/Romney/Huck in the 1.5 weeks leading up to the election.

hasan
01-15-2008, 10:11 PM
I never saw one... And I saw a crapload for McCain/Romney/Huck in the 1.5 weeks leading up to the election.

winner takes all delegates. mccain and hucks money have gone to waste. theyr gonna go broke if they dont win SC now. i actually hope freddie wins there so huck will drop out. alot of hucks young supporters like paul as a second choice in my opinion

coffeewithchess
01-15-2008, 10:14 PM
yes please everyone blimps are retarded. canvassing works. PLEASE sign up and canvass: https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

I disagree...the blimp is doing something the campaign is not, getting media coverage and helping in the cities where it goes.

Betsyross
01-15-2008, 10:17 PM
So where the heck is McCain / Huckabee getting the money for these ads? Want to bet that they're getting them at a discount rate?

Lord Abaddon
01-15-2008, 10:18 PM

Which shows how well Paul did thanks to all his amazing supporters and probably the bump from the Fox debate and the Muslim papers pushing for him as well. If he had actively campaigned there and more money spent he probably would have at least tied Huckabee.

I'll tell you the problem I'm seeing and the polls are showing it, the people who are his strongest supporters, the Internet users especially, in the age range of 18 - 35 ARE NOT VOTING.

The information that came out of Iowa, NH, and now Michigan are that the majority of voters are 35 and older. That doesn't do any good at all for Ron Paul...where are the the young people that are all over the Internet saying they support him? I fear, like too many times in elections past, they are putting their mouth first and their willingness to get out of the dorm, the basement, the apartment, off the couch and actually bother to vote. I hope I'm wrong, but somehow I don't think I am.

Sadly those are the ones who will end up being drafted to support the "100 years of Iraq occupation" President McCain wants, the "bomb all the shrines" President Huckabee wants, or "fight the terrorists in all nations" President Romney wants. Obama and Clinton will be no different.

I am hoping, dearly, that in SC, NV (especially), and Super Tuesday the word is getting out. With even the staunchest Bush supporters finally using the word "recession", the gas tax ($0.40 over five years to pay for our infrastructure, when $1T is being spent overseas!), the fall of the Stock Market, poor consumer shopping, the housing market getting worse, and good ol' Bush "Bomb Iran!" maybe this will be enough to get people to see that Paul has been saying this for years and predicted nearly everything that is happening RIGHT NOW. That should be the word getting out.

(Sorry for the long post...just passionate to see Paul go higher and higher in his wins!)

Michigan11
01-15-2008, 10:21 PM

We need tv ads all over the states coming up.

Michigan had no tv ads.

We need this campaign to start running a campaign NOW!

Betsyross
01-15-2008, 10:22 PM
There isn't going to be a President McCain. McCain gets the nomination and the Republicans will be knocked out for the count come November. Democrats will have control of the Legislative & Executive, probably part of some deal with Rockefeller for letting the Republicans have both branches a few years back.

INforRP
01-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Ron Paul is the only candidate sitting on a warchest of funds though, the rest of them are supposedly about broke. So there's hope he has just been pacing it and plans to bomb the TV stations soon, or at least by the time super tuesday is here.

Larry_for_Paul
01-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Guys, Michigan did great. RP has done this for 30 years and never surpassed 1%.

We are 100-200,000 diehard supporters. The rest we have to win, one by one.

people don't want change and they don't want you to play with their perceptions.

Fight on - fight on - It's the constitution stupid!

Paulbot_9876
01-15-2008, 10:31 PM
we need 100 million dollars to run ads 24/7.......or someone go hold up a network.....mwaahaaahaaaa

pathis
01-15-2008, 10:31 PM
I disagree...the blimp is doing something the campaign is not, getting media coverage and helping in the cities where it goes.

I guess we'll find out in SC. Hasnt it been floating around there for awhile now?

kyleAF
01-15-2008, 10:34 PM
I'll tell you the problem I'm seeing and the polls are showing it, the people who are his strongest supporters, the Internet users especially, in the age range of 18 - 35 ARE NOT VOTING.

The information that came out of Iowa, NH, and now Michigan are that the majority of voters are 35 and older. That doesn't do any good at all for Ron Paul...where are the the young people that are all over the Internet saying they support him? I fear, like too many times in elections past, they are putting their mouth first and their willingness to get out of the dorm, the basement, the apartment, off the couch and actually bother to vote. I hope I'm wrong, but somehow I don't think I am.

I'm 24, and I'm taking a day of leave from the military to vote for him. WITHOUT A DOUBT, I'll be there. If I get into a car wreck on the way to the polls, I will HOBBLE the remainder of the distance. It's almost as if I appreciate the immense importance of this?

I wish everyone else would, too.

Still, I could be doing more than I am... probably everyone who is on this forum all the time could be.

Lord Xar
01-15-2008, 10:48 PM

voters.ronpaul2008.com

didn't we get 4th?

we beat the ghoul, the sleeper (thomspson) and hunter.

nodope0695
01-15-2008, 10:50 PM
We did great tonight. RP owned Giuliani and Thompson. W got over 50,000 votes. CNN include RP on thier pie chart.

If you look at the numbers, we did great, and we should thank those folks in MI for getting out to vote on a cold day.

enrique
01-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Everyone needs to relax. Michigan was not a good buy for the campaign. With its winner take all system, it was highly unlikely for him to score any delegates. Even with TV ads he probably wouldn't have surpassed 15% (at best) which would have yielded him exactly 0 delegates. McCain spent a fortune and will probably get no more than 12. Huck - 0.

We beat FT and RG combine (almost) and have a base of about 50,000+ in MI who support him. This encourages me a ton.

I would have loved to have him make a push here but it would have been money poorly spent. I'm glad he bypassed MI and me and is using the money some place where he can win delegates like NV.

BillyFromPhilly
01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm 24, and I'm taking a day of leave from the military to vote for him. WITHOUT A DOUBT, I'll be there. If I get into a car wreck on the way to the polls, I will HOBBLE the remainder of the distance. It's almost as if I appreciate the immense importance of this?

I wish everyone else would, too.

Still, I could be doing more than I am... probably everyone who is on this forum all the time could be.

Im with you!

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

Dexter_Roseville
01-15-2008, 11:27 PM
didn't we get 4th?

we beat the ghoul, the sleeper (thomspson) and hunter.

6% I think he means.