PDA

View Full Version : Voice talent

Orat
07-25-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm putting together what I believe will be a very tasteful, pursuasive, perhaps even moving, Ron Paul video. Once it is done, I'll make it available to everyone, and it should be useful for distribution on a DVD, etc. I'm finalizing the script right now, and I've finished composing the score for it. It will be approximately 2:30 long (with long pauses in the monologue). I already have an editor lined up, but what I need now is someone with some good voice talent. I need someone with a good, clear, more or less accentless voice. Preferably a striking masculine voice, along the lines of Keifer Sutherland, etc.

Please let me know if you fit this profile, and especially if you have done prior voice work. Thanks!

P.S. To give you an idea of some of my previous work, see the YouTube video below. Please ignore the poor images I had to use as I'm going to get ahold of some good B-Roll for this project and will have it professionally edited rather than my penniless attempt using Windows Movie Maker and my own voice (which was never intended for this sort of thing). :) Just focus on the music, the pacing, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQZOhV-oUIo

Perpetual
07-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Im totally not authorized to offer their services, but you should try asking Paul Warren of the Korelin Economics Report. Its a net radio show about the price of gold and the dollar with daily updates, and they have Ron Paul on it about once a week. He was on it today, in fact (the 25th) so they're clear supporters. However, Paul has a very distinct type of voice, one maybe not suited for whatever tone you're going for. Also they're pros, so they might not give out their services freely, lol.

The site is kereport.com

Orat
07-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the tip! I'll try to give them a shout. I expect it might take a while to hear back from someone like this though. In the meantime, please, anyone pipe up if you've got a set of pipes. ;) I'd like to get this video done as soon as possible for potential use during the lead-up to the straw poll.

Tolland County
07-27-2007, 09:22 AM
I fit your profile! I haven't done any pro voice work, but I did do a bunch of PSA's while training for radio. I'm in a band currently, and have a ton of professional microphones and recording equipment. I also started the Tolland County CT Ron Paul Meetup Group. I'd be happy to give it a shot for you, and work to get what you're looking for sound / tone-wise.

Orat
07-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Great! Is there a place where I could hear a sample of your work? As soon as I have the script done, I'll try to get more info to you. Sorry, I would have had it done by now, but I've been really busy with helping organize other Ron Paul stuff lately...

Tolland County
07-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Those PSA's I did years ago and the tapes were promptly sent to AM stations for airplay. I am practicing with my band tonight. In between tunes I'll record a few minutes of random Ron Paul "narration" and you can see how you like it. I'll post an MP3 so everyone here can comment on it. Our rehearsal space doesn't have a vocal booth, but if you like what you hear my guitarist has one in his basement-studio so it'll sound a bit better in finished form.

Orat
07-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Sounds great! I'm looking forward to it.

Tolland County
07-30-2007, 06:49 PM
It's done - and it's a 617k, 30 second mp3 file. Keep in mind, it was off the cuff while drummer and bass player had a cigarette for 5 minutes, and I'd been singing loud rock music for an hour and a half. It's not in a booth, not with the right kind of mic, and I always get that "radio" voice when I do this stuff. I think I sound closer to Casey Kasem than Keifer in this!

Right click, save link/target as here. (http://s87186820.onlinehome.us/RonPauldemo.mp3)

Everyone let me know what you think and be honest - if you don't like it I'll certainly get on with my life. Thanks!

Orat
07-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Okay, cool. I think we can work with this. With the right environment, the right mic, and the right mood and intonations, this could turn out pretty good! I'll get the script to you as soon as it's done. If you will, PM me with your e-mail and I'll get in touch with you that way.

Orat
08-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Please check your PM. Thanks again!