PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Letters to the Editor in your local Paper

axiomata
07-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Normally, I tend to skip or skim through the letters to the editor in my local paper, especially when they deal with national politics, but since getting excited by the Paul campaign I have been reading that section more and more often hoping to catch a letter to the editor published about Ron Paul.

I am happy to report that I have seen my first Paul letter to the editor today. In today's Daily Herald (a suburban Chicago newspaper) Tony Atkins of Wheaton made my day. Additionally, when searching their website to see if I could find the letter to post I saw another Paul letter that wasn't published in the paper. So of the 13 letters here (http://www.dailyherald.com/opinion/fencepost.asp), two are about Ron Paul.

How many of you have come across a Paul letter to the editor?

glts
07-25-2007, 07:02 PM
This is my letter to the editor of the Chattanooga Times Free Press. Sadly it could be only 200 words.

America has strayed far from the America that our Founding Fathers envisioned. There is hope though! Dr. Ron Paul is running for president. Ron Paul's Congressional voting record speaks for itself at a near 100% pro-Constitution. His refusal to compromise is legendary. Ron Paul has stated that he believes in limited government and that the purpose of government is to protect liberty not to run our lives, run the economy or police the world. When asked recently if it were true that he only voted affirmative on things that could be directly sited from the Constitution, Ron Paul answered “That is true. That is my oath of office. Sometimes it bothers me because there are some things I would like to do and I can’t do because I am not authorized to do it. But I think you have to follow the rule of law and if you can make exceptions for it there is nothing left of the Constitution and I’m afraid that is where we are today.” It would be very hard to find a man or woman in Washington today that would take their oath of office that seriously. Ron Paul is a breath of fresh air.