PDA

View Full Version : Very damaging encounter on WKRN Nashville

Bruehound
07-25-2007, 06:56 PM
I don' believe this is helpful.
http://www.news2wkrn.com/vv/2007/07/25/ron-paul-supporter-confronts-fred-thompson-her-video/

axiomata
07-25-2007, 07:03 PM
http://www.news2wkrn.com/vv/2007/07/25/ron-paul-supporter-confronts-fred-thompson-her-video/
Paul's campaign's greatest strength is simultaneously his greatest weakness, sadly.

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Goddamnit. For every 10 people I convert, someone like that turns off 1,000

Yarg! I hope someone knows her and tells her to shut up

kylejack
07-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Damn it, he's a pretty talented talker. He comes off as casual, relaxed, and in-control. He'll be a threat when he finally enters the race.

I was really hoping for a bumbling idiot.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Damaging? Who would be damaged? Is this person somehow physically handcuffed to everyone who supports Ron Paul?

Did she have a letter on her signed by the good doctor, saying "This young lady speaks for me!" ?

I think many of us should question our collectivist tendencies.

Otherwise, maybe we are supporting the wrong candidate if we truly believe that it takes a village to heckle a politician.

Roxi
07-25-2007, 07:08 PM
i didn't hear her say anything about ron paul so i dont know why the article had to put that comparison there at all.... people need to stop linking all 9/11 truthers to ron paul... Im not saying shes not a supporter, but she doesnt need to be haggled about it because at least she DIDN'T mix the two agendas together.

kylejack
07-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Damaging? Who would be damaged? Is this person somehow physically handcuffed to everyone who supports Ron Paul?

Did she have a letter on her signed by the good doctor, saying "This young lady speaks for me!" ?

Otherwise, maybe we are supporting the wrong candidate if we truly believe that it takes a village to heckle a politician.
Supporters like this is what earns the rest of us moonbat status with the media.

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Supporters like this is what earns the rest of us moonbat status with the media.

Exactly. In the eyes of the people, if they see 1 person carrying a Ron Paul banner and a 9/11 Truth sign, that's all they need to see. At the end of the article, it says that both this lady and a man were asked to leave events on this day for disturbing them, and that their car had a Ron Paul sticker on it

Cindy
07-25-2007, 07:16 PM
I get around the internet forums and beleive me, more 9/11 truthers are behind Kucinch and Gravel then they are Paul.

For some reason, Gravel and Kucinich are not getting that sort of tin foil hat press. Probably because, no one sees those two as being a threat.

Wear was the press in the last election, when these groups were promoting some bogus (money raising scam) Nesara ET lead program saying Kucinich was going to be their savior from the Lizard people?

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 07:20 PM

So the solution is to cave into those intellectually and morally deficient attacks?

Do we contradict the very essence of the message that's supposed to unite us just because we fear a moonbat label?

How is this any different than giving up some liberty for a little security? We know where that leads.

We can't afford to follow the collectivist play book by legitimizing their idea of how society should work.

We have to stand tall and non-apologetically and proudly and loudly say, "Hell yes we have people from all walks of life and political views supporting Ron Paul!" All of us freedom loving Americans.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 07:22 PM
i didn't hear her say anything about ron paul so i dont know why the article had to put that comparison there at all.... people need to stop linking all 9/11 truthers to ron paul... Im not saying shes not a supporter, but she doesnt need to be haggled about it because at least she DIDN'T mix the two agendas together.

Because of this. If you click on the hot link in the verbage about the video, it will take you to an MSNBC article. The article ends with this...

"Here's the kicker: The two were spotted leaving together in a car sporting a Ron Paul bumper sticker."

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 07:24 PM
So the solution is to cave into those intellectually and morally deficient attacks?

Do we contradict the very essence of the message that's supposed to unite us just because we fear a moonbat label?

How is this any different than giving up some liberty for a little security? We know where that leads.

We can't afford to follow the collectivist play book by legitimizing their idea of how society should work.

We have to stand tall and non-apologetically and proudly and loudly say, "Hell yes we have people from all walks of life and political views supporting Ron Paul!" All of us freedom loving Americans.

NO, the solution is to stop the hell spouting 9-11 is an inside job and other associated shit that Dr. Paul does not believe, while you are in any way representing yourselves as RP supporters.

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 07:25 PM

We're not caving into anyone. We're recognizing the reality of the world and the fact that most people will see one example of a Ron Pau supporter screaming hysterically about 9/11 and that's all they need to see to become convinced. We may not base our political decisions on such things but the truth is that most people are. Hell, studies have shown that people favor the taller candidate regardless of the message. This is what we're dealing with here.

Now if you want to naively believe that this does not affect the Paul campaign in a negative way, you need to step back and re-examine things

Well, the 9/11 Truth movement is not part of our campaign, so we're not contradicting anything. I dont want that associated with Dr. Paul's campaign and neither does he.

Wyurm
07-25-2007, 07:26 PM
here's the problem, she NEVER said ANYTHING about Ron Paul, I didnt see anything (except in the comments) on her blog about Ron Paul. The RP connection was made by an MSNBC article that noted the two people got into a car that had a RP bumper sticker on it.

So if I hop into a truck with a Bush - Cheney Bumper sticker on it, does that mean I must support them? Could I not be riding with a friend? Gah, its obvious misleading information.

Kuldebar
NO, the solution is to stop the hell spouting 9-11 is an inside job and other associated shit that Dr. Paul does not believe, while you are in any way representing yourselves as RP supporters.

Well, who are you representing?

I don't represent Ron Paul, I support him. It's really not that hard to see the distinction.

richard1984
[I retract the comment that I made here. It was made in ignorance.]

Wyurm
07-25-2007, 07:29 PM

again, before you post gigantic red type, please take note that this isnt about someone supporting RP and acting like a truther. This is about the media trying to make Dr Paul look like a nut, or worse. There was NO Ron Paul connection outside of a very very far stretch. Please see the above post I made.

DeadheadForPaul
Well, who are you representing?

I don't represent Ron Paul, I support him. It's really not that hard to see the distinction.

In the real world, people look at a candidate's supporters. Is it bullshit? YES. But people are shallow. You gotta play the game.

andrewgreve

I agree, criticizing this woman saying she is messing with RP's campaign is rediculous. She didn't mention him one time. I commend her for standing up and doing real journalism, when the mainstream media is derelict in their duty. It's all about the marketplace of ideas. Demand is meeting supply.

I don't care if she had a RP bumper sticker, either. She has rights. The Ron Paul rEVOLution is all about letting others be as long as they're not coercing you.

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 07:30 PM
again, before you post gigantic red type, please take note that this isnt about someone supporting RP and acting like a truther. This is about the media trying to make Dr Paul look like a nut, or worse. There was NO Ron Paul connection outside of a very very far stretch. Please see the above post I made.

2 People were asked to leave the event for disrupting it in an unneccesarily rude manner. The 2 individuals then got into a car with a Ron Paul sticker.

How the hell does she think screaming "9/11 was an inside job!!" is helping Ron Paul. Regardless of Ron Paul, how does that help the 9/11 Truth movement? It just made her look like a crazy person. People like that just want attention

ButchHowdy
07-25-2007, 07:31 PM
I can only WISH I had the chutzpah of this woman. Back off folks - you got off on it and you KNOW it!

Akus
07-25-2007, 07:34 PM
yes sadly, some of our fellow supporters are 9/11 truthers and nothing and noone will convince them other wise. Some of our fellow supporters are white supremacists, too.

what can we do about this?

really, just stress and re-stress that we need to act as a cohesive group or RP won't win. There's not much else

richard1984
07-25-2007, 07:35 PM
here's the problem, she NEVER said ANYTHING about Ron Paul, I didnt see anything (except in the comments) on her blog about Ron Paul. The RP connection was made by an MSNBC article that noted the two people got into a car that had a RP bumper sticker on it.

So if I hop into a truck with a Bush - Cheney Bumper sticker on it, does that mean I must support them? Could I not be riding with a friend? Gah, its obvious misleading information.

Oh really? Ha! Damn. I didn't notice that. I found it unpleasant to listen to her (because I thought she was going to mention Ron Paul), so I didn't get very far. I just assumed she mentioned Ron Paul.... Those bastards...always trying to bash Dr. Paul. They're pathetic.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 07:36 PM
We're not caving into anyone. We're recognizing the reality of the world and the fact that most people will see one example of a Ron Pau supporter screaming hysterically about 9/11 and that's all they need to see to become convinced. We may not base our political decisions on such things but the truth is that most people are. Hell, studies have shown that people favor the taller candidate regardless of the message. This is what we're dealing with here.

Well, the 9/11 Truth movement is not part of our campaign, so we're not contradicting anything. I dont want that associated with Dr. Paul's campaign and neither does he.

Individuals make the reality either by following the script without a challenge or by refusing to sit in the back of the bus.

Since "Truthers" are bad for the Campaign, who next pot smokers, satanists for liberty, John Birch Society members, reformed Communists for Ron Paul?

Do we need a commission perhaps?

A purity board set up to measure the sanctity of our philosophical roots?

Wouldn't just being inclusive and civil with each other be the best way to go? Maybe hold individuals accountable for their actions and not a whole group of people?

Perhaps by standing up to the bullies who wish to embarrass and denigrate us would be the best course of action. But as long as we believe their lies and labels we make them our own, and that weakness will be here for them to exploit.

Defuse it, embrace it, admit that diversity is great especially when no one is forcing it upon you.

Wyurm
07-25-2007, 07:37 PM
2 People were asked to leave the event for disrupting it in an unneccesarily rude manner. The 2 individuals then got into a car with a Ron Paul sticker.

How the hell do you think screaming "9/11 was an inside job!!" is helping Ron Paul. Regardless of Ron Paul, how does that help the 9/11 Truth movement? It just made her look like a crazy person. People like that just want attention

are you blind? did you not see my post where I said they used the bumper sticker to tie her to the campaign? its the article that tried to stretch a connection thats at fault and you guys leap as usual to attack someone with beliefs you don't agree with.

She WAS NOT representing Ron Paul at all. A few weeks ago someone posted that Fred thompson was going to be speaking in Texas. Someone else offered $100 for anyone that would put a Ron Paul Bumper Sticker on his truck. So, if someone does that, will that make everyone think that whatever Fred says is representative of what Ron believes?

spacebetween
She could have made it VERY relevant by bringing in the Trans-Texas Corridor.

MANY Texans are against the TTC. It will tear down their homes and invade their property, and it it happening NOW.

Scribbler de Stebbing
She obviously submitted that video herself. Any way we can convince the Truthers to support a different candidate? They're taking Ron Paul down and they're never going to get their gd investigation that way.

andrewgreve
07-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Some of our fellow supporters are white supremacists, too.

A kid I met a while ago who fits this category...

Wyurm
07-25-2007, 07:46 PM
She obviously submitted that video herself. Any way we can convince the Truthers to support a different candidate? They're taking Ron Paul down and they're never going to get their gd investigation that way.

ok, I'll support another candidate, you win. You can tell my meetup group why.

ButchHowdy
07-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Some of our supporters are Atheists. I'm not complaining. We'll just see how atheist they are on election night!

Butch, A Jesus lovin 911 Truther and damn proud of it !

FreedomLover
07-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Individuals make the reality either by following the script without a challenge or by refusing to sit in the back of the bus.

Since "Truthers" are bad for the Campaign, who next pot smokers, satanists for liberty, John Birch Society members, reformed Communists for Ron Paul?

Do we need a commission perhaps?

A purity board set up to measure the sanctity of our philosophical roots?

Wouldn't just being inclusive and civil with each other be the best way to go? Maybe hold individuals accountable for their actions and not a whole group of people?

Perhaps by standing up to the bullies who wish to embarrass and denigrate us would be the best course of action. But as long as we believe their lies and labels we make them our own, and that weakness will be here for them to exploit.

Defuse it, embrace it, admit that diversity is great especially when no one is forcing it upon you.

I don't embrace people who piggyback on an important campaign with talk of secret overlords and lizard people, and then revel in their paranoia.

All people are welcome in my view, but abrasive confrontations are not the way to go.

"Truthers" are not bad for the campaign, not at all. "Truthers" with an ax to grind and a wish to shout at and interupt people about theories that have zero basis in fact do, expecially considering it has nothing to do with anything, and RP doesn't subscribe to any of that stuff.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 07:50 PM
I can only WISH I had the chutzpah of this woman. Back off folks - you got off on it and you KNOW it!

Hardly. I could care less what she did. It's her business. But don't do it when your car is sporting a Ron Paul sticker. Geez people, use your brains. We are in the big league now. This is not kindergarten.

Wyurm
07-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Oh really? Ha! Damn. I didn't notice that. I found it unpleasant to listen to her (because I thought she was going to mention Ron Paul), so I didn't get very far. I just assumed she mentioned Ron Paul.... Those bastards...always trying to bash Dr. Paul. They're pathetic.

lol, I actually did listen to the whole thing, trust me over three minutes of Fred was pure torture. *shivers*

nunaem
07-25-2007, 07:52 PM
While I agree that this is bad for the movement, why do some of you have to lump all 911 truthers together and label them bad supporters?

If association with 911 truthers is such a bad thing, why does Paul go on Alex Jones? Is Ron Paul a bad Ron Paul supporter?

Of course, Ron Paul never said he was a 911 truther, nor do any 911 truthers say he is. Some of you need to calm down.

Razmear
07-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Her video is on YouTube submitted under
Houston911truth Confronts Fred Thompson

There is no connection between her and Ron Paul other than a report
"The two were spotted leaving together in a car sporting a Ron Paul bumper sticker." that does not say who saw them leave.
I have no problem with independent people asking politicians questions, and she never mentioned Ron Paul. The media is the one who made the weak connection between Ron Paul and this video of her being tossed out.

links:
MSNBC story:
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/25/289752.aspx
YouTube Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvMWGNX7HlI

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 07:58 PM

Damn straight. IF they attempt to piggyback off of Dr. Paul's campaign to further their own pet agendas. You betcha.

Most know to put these things aside and concentrate on Ron Paul. Very few of the truthers, or any other organization do this. It's just the few that spoil things. How about that woman from the JBS in California that was spouting off and a reporter got ahold of it. Think that was good for the campaign?

Just come on folks, please. Focus on Ron Paul's campaign. There are plenty of HIS issues that people think are in left field. Let's stick to those and try to explain THEM. Just like Dr. Paul said... don't go looking for dragons to slay. We are creating our own dragons by dragging this other baggage on top of his campaign. And for WHAT? If we drag him down, there's not going to be any investigation of 9-11. Our country will .... I don't even think about it.

This is way too important to be playing these games. Don't you realize that? PLEASE.

BarryDonegan
07-25-2007, 07:59 PM
you can't realistically expect that any politician will have an entire support group of politicians. all of the people who rally behind a statesman of any type does so from the standpoint of how the particular individual confronts their needs.

fearing that the 9/11 truth community is going to damage Paul's reputation in a legitimate, earth shattering way, at this point is a waste of energy. unfortunately, the government has taken to hiding things and taking away civil liberties, and because a lot of what is going on is not disclosed to the people, there will be those who have theories, and some of them will gain popularity.

the real problem here, is that a group like the 9/11 truth group can become so large as to become a complicated political force. Ron Paul does not at any time claim to believe that 9/11 is an inside job, nor does he claim to be particularly concerned with that issue itself. he is interested in foreign policy, civil liberties, and the constitution, and constantly repeats that. however he is among the discontented that he represents, who are sick of the "politics as usual" that mike gravel refers to.

the real issue here, and one of the reasons ron paul has the kind of edge that speaks to people these days, is hes aware of the fearmongering, manipulative plans behind people such as the project for a new american century think tank. he is one of the first people to call out what they we're doing, and theres lots of footage of him on CSPAN urging everyone to notice.

do you really think people trust the government enough to throw out a legitimate candidate just b/c he says he doesn't trust the government, and other people who don't trust the government for various reasons support him?

this would hurt him if he had a tin foil hat record, but he does not, he is a uniquely valuable carrier of this message only because he has almost a bizarrely squeaky-clean selfless record. its almost as if he was designed from birth to carry this message. that is a sign that theres nothing to worry about. information is available everywhere, limitlessly now,because of the internet. what happened to fred thompson is more a symptom of a change of era of government, and has nothing specific to do with ron paul.

paulitics
07-25-2007, 07:59 PM
To me its seems like calling Fred out on the North American Union and the CFR is what got her escorted not 911. And there is nothing "moonbaty" about asking that. In fact I commend her for her courage and putting that coward on the defensive. And I didn't see her as being threatening in any way. It is more disturbing that she was treated like a criminal for exercising her free speech.

Dustancostine
07-25-2007, 08:00 PM
One thing that I thought was incredibly funny was Fred denying the North American Union while a supporter holds a big "Hola Fred" sign. Talk about Ironic. LoL:D

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Her video is on YouTube submitted under
Houston911truth Confronts Fred Thompson

There is no connection between her and Ron Paul other than a report
"The two were spotted leaving together in a car sporting a Ron Paul bumper sticker." that does not say who saw them leave.
I have no problem with independent people asking politicians questions, and she never mentioned Ron Paul. The media is the one who made the weak connection between Ron Paul and this video of her being tossed out.

I agree, the media was looking for an edge and they found one. It should just go to show us that we can't trust the media. They want sensationalism, however they have to get it. So, we have to use our heads and not leave ourselves open to sliming Dr. Paul's campaign in our actions. It may still happen, but we all need to be very aware that our actions and behavior reflects on HIM.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:02 PM
To me its seems like calling Fred out on the North American Union and the CFR is what got her escorted not 911. And there is nothing "moonbaty" about asking that. In fact I commend her for her courage and putting that coward on the defensive. And I didn't see her as being threatening in any way. It is more disturbing that she was treated like a criminal for exercising her free speech.

Yeah, I kinda liked that part, but she should've left off the 9-11 crap at the end.

FreedomLover
07-25-2007, 08:03 PM
By the way, that video is actually pretty funny, especially at the end. it's a shame she is being connected to ron paul (allegedly, the media likes to spin and make up stuff when the original story isnt juicy enough)

Wyurm
07-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Damn straight. IF they attempt to piggyback off of Dr. Paul's campaign to further their own pet agendas. You betcha.

Most know to put these things aside and concentrate on Ron Paul. Very few of the truthers, or any other organization do this. It's just the few that spoil things. How about that woman from the JBS in California that was spouting off and a reporter got ahold of it. Think that was good for the campaign?

Just come on folks, please. Focus on Ron Paul's campaign. There are plenty of HIS issues that people think are in left field. Let's stick to those and try to explain THEM. Just like Dr. Paul said... don't go looking for dragons to slay. We are creating our own dragons by dragging this other baggage on top of his campaign. And for WHAT? If we drag him down, there's not going to be any investigation of 9-11. Our country will .... I don't even think about it.

This is way too important to be playing these games. Don't you realize that? PLEASE.

So you condemn without even bothering to see if the media might possibly be lying? How do you know they didnt get into a taxi that had an RP sticker on it? A taxi is still a car.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't embrace people who piggyback on an important campaign with talk of secret overlords and lizard people, and then revel in their paranoia.

All people are welcome in my view, but abrasive confrontations are not the way to go.

"Truthers" are not bad for the campaign, not at all. "Truthers" with an ax to grind and a wish to shout at and interupt people about theories that have zero basis in fact do, expecially considering it has nothing to do with anything, and RP doesn't subscribe to any of that stuff.

Well, either focus your disapproval at those specific people or shrug it off.

The more we allow this to be an issue, the more it will continue to be an issue.

We as individuals working together can take control. But, if we continue this current course, any Clinton supporter with a Ron Paul Sign and provocative diatribe will be an effective weapon against us and what we are working for.

Inoculate your selves. Defuse it, take the venom out of it by looking at these collectivist attackers and saying, "Many types of people support Ron Paul and each of us are separate and unique individuals. It's not that hard to understand."

Wyurm
07-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Well, either focus your disapproval at those specific people or shrug it off.

The more we allow this to be an issue, the more it will continue to be an issue.

We as individuals working together can take control. But, if we continue this current course, any Clinton supporter with a Ron Paul Sign and provocative diatribe will be an effective weapon against us and what we are working for.

Inoculate your selves. Defuse it, take the venom out of it by looking at these collectivist attackers and saying, "Many types of people support Ron Paul and each of us are separate and unique individuals. It's not that hard to understand."

I whole-heartedly agree.

angelatc
07-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Politics makes strange bedfellows. IMHO unpolitically skilled opinion, it would be best to shut up about 9/11 Truth when Dr Paul's name is involved. If you want him to reopen the investigation, you might have to make some sacrifices to get him into office first.

FreedomLover
07-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah, as long as we make it an issue its an issue. It aint even that important, just a sideshow video.

Hillary has communists who want to destroy america in her camp. Obama assuredly has black supremacists supporting him. Everyone has a couple "funny" supporters, lets just keep them seperated from the message. That's the most important thing, right ?

Richie
07-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I really don't see how this could be a damaging encounter for Ron Paul. She never even mentioned his name. Also, she isn't causing trouble or starting a disturbance. All she did was ask Fred Thompson some honest questions. Her first amendment rights were clearly violated.

bygone
07-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I think the point you should understand is that if this is being covered it is likely intentional. This could have easily been left to the truthers and youtube. It's really a non-story.

Do not underestimate Fred. He is a good orator and well known. You are not dealing with an idiot here.

spacebetween
07-25-2007, 08:15 PM
I really don't see how this could be a damaging encounter for Ron Paul. She never even mentioned his name. Also, she isn't causing trouble or starting a disturbance. All she did was ask Fred Thompson some honest questions. Her first amendment rights were clearly violated.

If she was forced out spontaneously by cops or the organizers of Fred's appearance, then her rights were clearly violated.

However, she was also on private property. This media extravaganza took place inside an FBO at Hobby Airport. FBOs are privately-owned, so if the FBO asked that they take her out, then her rights were not violated.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:15 PM
So you condemn without even bothering to see if the media might possibly be lying? How do you know they didnt get into a taxi that had an RP sticker on it? A taxi is still a car.

Yeah, that's real likely. Someone is grabbing at straws here and it's not me.

Richie
07-25-2007, 08:17 PM
If she was forced out spontaneously by cops or the organizers of Fred's appearance, then her rights were clearly violated.

However, she was also on private property. This media extravaganza took place inside an FBO at Hobby Airport. FBOs are privately-owned, so if the FBO asked that they take her out, then her rights were not violated.

That's a very valid point. Thanks for pointing that out. Private property or not though, this was unfair.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Yeah, as long as we make it an issue its an issue. It aint even that important, just a sideshow video.

Hillary has communists who want to destroy america in her camp. Obama assuredly has black supremacists supporting him. Everyone has a couple "funny" supporters, lets just keep them seperated from the message. That's the most important thing, right ?

Yes, but the media loves Hillary and Obama. In case you didn't know, our guy is not part of the establishment, so they are going to try to marginalize him, any way they can find. What would be really nice is if we did our best not to parade in front of them ammo that they can use in their effort to marginalize him.

MsDoodahs
07-25-2007, 08:18 PM
There are a LOT of different views and opinions out there, and Dr. Paul is attractive to all sorts of different people. This is a GOOD THING, folks. (As Dr. Paul says - FREEDOM UNITES US!)

I'm not a truther, but I see (and therefore spin) the support of truthers a little differently than the MSM.

The truthers are hardcore in their belief that THE STATE LIES.

Their support is actually quite a tribute to Dr. Paul: THESE, of ALL people, believe in, and have confidence in, Ron Paul's HONESTY.

My goodness, Ron Paul must be doing something right if he inspires trust and confidence in those who are known for their complete and utter DISTRUST of the gov't.

:)

But hey, that's just the way I see it, just my "spin."

axiomata
07-25-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm far from a fan of the media, but I'm sorry if I don't see how it is some big conspiracy against Paul that they mentioned that the protesters had a Paul bumper sticker.

When people make fools of themselves it is natural to want to know who they are associated with. I'm glad she didn't mention Paul's campaign and all, but I think it is good reporting to notice the bumper sticker on their car as they left. Heck, don't doubt for a second that if some guy in a KKK robe heckled Obama and then drove away in a car adorned with Hillary bumper stickers that the press would not make note of it.

Furthermore, the link to Paul was made the strongest at this (http://www.news2wkrn.com/vv/2007/07/25/ron-paul-supporter-confronts-fred-thompson-her-video/) link, which is not mainstream media, it is a blog/aggregator, which just happens to be run by a paleoconservative.

kimosabi
07-25-2007, 08:21 PM
This is a HIT PIECE, there is no reference to Ron Paul anywhere in this video.

LibertyEagle

So basically, you're saying that we need to cram down potential Republican supporters throats that they need to change their idea of the way society should work. And after that, for the 1 or 2 that are still listening to us, then we can tell them about Ron Paul's campaign and attempt to get their support.

Is that what you are suggesting. If so, interesting approach to campaigning. :rolleyes:

DeadheadForPaul
I don't think the issue here is whether the Truthers are right or wrong. You can believe thar martians run the gov't for all I care.

I just wish the select few who are doing this would stop. It's a handful of bad apples. Dr. Paul publicly stated he does not support the 9/11 Truth movement. I'm pro-choice but I'm not screaming "get your laws off our bodies". I really hate that this topic keeps coming up

Roxi
07-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Because of this. If you click on the hot link in the verbage about the video, it will take you to an MSNBC article. The article ends with this...

i didn't realize that when i posted... i still think the situation was mis-handled and the people commenting saying negative things about her need to realize.... SHE didnt connect Ron Paul with her confrontation with FT, so its not like she showed up to a ron paul rally with a 9/11 inside job tshirt, and doesnt really deserve the hateful comments

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm going to say one more thing.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, PERCEPTION MATTERS. In fact, it is all that matters in a campaign.

bygone
07-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Heck, don't doubt for a second that if some guy in a KKK robe heckled Obama and then drove away in a car adorned with Hillary bumper stickers that the press would not make note of it.

Takes notes... lol :)

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm going to say one more thing.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, PERCEPTION MATTERS. In fact, it is all that matters in a campaign.

Exactly.

And you do have to "play by the collectivist playbook". It's called living in the real world. You need the majority of the votes to win, so you gotta aim your message at average Americans. If you think you can do that by allowing people to shriek "our government killed 3000 of our citizens" at the top of their lungs and expect to get more than .1% of the vote, you're in for a rude awakening, friend.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 08:27 PM
So basically, you're saying that we need to cram down potential Republican supporters throats that they need to change their idea of the way society should work. And after that, for the 1 or 2 that are still listening to us, then we can tell them about Ron Paul's campaign and attempt to get their support.

Is that what you are suggesting. If so, interesting approach to campaigning. :rolleyes:

Cram?

You don't cram or force anybody to do anything simply by sticking to principles.

You aren't going to sell freedom very well if you become an authoritarian in order to avoid some name calling.

Seriously, get some courage and gain a little confidence in what freedom loving people can accomplish when they come together.

paulitics
07-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Listen if we start attacking those who may or may not have a sticker on a car, that expresses a viewpoint to Fred Thompson mainly about the CFR, that had no mention of Ron Paul...we are just as bad as Fox News and Bill Oreilly. In fact we are doing their job for them.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Cram?

You don't cram or force anybody to do anything simply by sticking to principles.

You aren't going to sell freedom very well if you become an authoritarian in order to avoid some name calling.

Seriously, get some courage and gain a little confidence in what freedom loving people can accomplish when they come together.

This is what I want to accomplish.

First getting Ron Paul the Republican nomination.

And then getting him elected President.

If we're going to do that, we need to stay focused on that goal and not go off on tangents, creating barriers that we will need to break through to get anyone to take a look at Ron Paul and HIS principles and stances on the issues.

Our own personal principles and stances on issues matter very little right now. Stay focused on Dr. Paul.

MsDoodahs
07-25-2007, 08:34 PM
I AM focused on Dr. Paul.

That's why I'm taking the lemons the MSM is tossing and turning them into lemonade.

Take their negative and use it to create a positive.

:)

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Cram?

Whose principles? Yours?

By the way, it's not a "principle" to require people to change their views on how society will work. And by requiring it, you are constructing a barrier between the people we need to bring over into the Ron Paul camp and Dr. Paul.

It is no way to win an election. Surely you must know that.

Listen folks, if you think Republicans are going to take seriously, much less support, a candidate who they believe thinks our government carried out 9-11, you have another thing coming. He doesn't need to be spending valuable interview time explaining how he doesn't agree with this bullshit. He needs to be talking about his own stances. Things like secure borders, real free trade agreements. the proper role of government, sound money, states' rights, etc.

Give the man a break.

Gee
07-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Candidates often hiring people to overtly blog for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they had other people do something like this to discredit other candidates. Its certainly effective. If I was a cut-throat politician running against Dr. Paul, I'd sure as hell do it.

bygone
07-25-2007, 08:37 PM
You know, MsDoodahs makes a point. Could be risky, but an article or three about this event with the spin that "truthers" seem to believe Paul, despite the fact he doesn't see nine eleven their way, and despite the fact he is a republican from Texas, and despite the fact that they distrust everything about the government, might not be such a bad idea. ;S

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Exactly.

And you do have to "play by the collectivist playbook". It's called living in the real world. You need the majority of the votes to win, so you gotta aim your message at average Americans.

Individuals working together or alone make the reality either by following the script without a challenge or by refusing to sit in the back of the bus.

If you think you can do that by allowing people to shriek "our government killed 3000 of our citizens" at the top of their lungs and expect to get more than .1% of the vote, you're in for a rude awakening, friend.

If you seriously fear this, then you should consider yourself blissfully fortunate. There are far more fear mongering opportunities that statist opponents can mine from any number of positions that Ron Paul has espoused over the years. Misinformation and smears requires very little substance; and you worry about the views of some supporters being used against Paul? We should be so lucky!

I suggest to you that you stop worrying about the little stuff, it's more your Achilles heel than the campaigns. This weakness can only become effective if some supporters continue to be intolerant of other supporters. It comes down to individual choice.

MsDoodahs
07-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Our own personal principles ... matter very little right now.

Um....that's unacceptable to me.

If I have to compromise my personal principles in order to support Dr. Paul, then I won't do it.

Stances on issues, yes, I agree that mine are irrelevant when campaigning for Dr. Paul.

Not my principles, though...

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Um....that's unacceptable to me.

If I have to compromise my personal principles in order to support Dr. Paul, then I won't do it.

Stances on issues, yes, I agree that mine are irrelevant when campaigning for Dr. Paul.

Not my principles, though...

I agree with you on that. I think you know what I was referring to though.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Whose principles? Yours?

By the way, it's not a "principle" to require people to change their views on how society will work. And by requiring it, you are constructing a barrier between the people we need to bring over into the Ron Paul camp and Dr. Paul.

It is no way to win an election. Surely you must know that.

Listen folks, if you think Republicans are going to take seriously, much less support, a candidate who they believe thinks our government carried out 9-11, you have another thing coming. He doesn't need to be spending valuable interview time explaining how he doesn't agree with this bullshit. He needs to be talking about his own stances. Things like secure borders, real free trade agreements. the proper role of government, sound money, states' rights, etc.

Well, forgive me for assuming that you were in agreement with the idea that freedom is popular and that the message of liberty unites us.

SWATH
07-25-2007, 08:43 PM
1. I like the "9/11 was an inside job" people
2. I liked her original questions
3. I liked how she had a Ron Paul bumber sticker
4. I did not like Fred's non-answer
5. I did not like her screaming like a maniac towards the end about WTC7
6. I did not like the combination of 3 and 5

How ever stupid, because of this incident Ron Paul is taking a serious beating on other forums, even though it had nothing to do with Ron Paul. This is not helping his cause and just further marginalizes him, while giving more ammo to the Fred Thompson people.

Her original questions were great, people should be showing up and asking these questions since the degenerate media journalists will not. However, please don't wave a Ron Paul sign while you do it, and don't let the media tie you to him because you know it will just spawn another hit piece.

(BTW, most of the beatings are coming from idiots who still thing the NAU is just a looney, whacky, kooky conspiracy theory)

MsDoodahs
07-25-2007, 08:46 PM
You know, MsDoodahs makes a point. Could be risky, but an article or three about this event with the spin that "truthers" seem to believe Paul, despite the fact he doesn't see nine eleven their way, and despite the fact he is a republican from Texas, and despite the fact that they distrust everything about the government, might not be such a bad idea. ;S

Okay, I will ask here:

Is it a rotten idea to take that concept and write something and put it out there on the net via a blog?

Or do you guys think it would do more harm than good?

eta: I may do it anyway, especially after reading the post that appears above this one about Dr. Paul "taking a beating" on other forums. Not that it will do ANY good...

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Well, forgive me for assuming that you were in agreement with the idea that freedom is popular and that the message of liberty unites us.

If you're talking about the freedom to ruin his campaign. Well no, we're not in agreement on that. Your liberty extends to the point that it starts infringing on someone else's liberty. When someone takes actions that hurts this campaign, they are infringing on the liberty of the rest of Ron Paul's supporters. And no, they do NOT have that right.

Do you understand that if we lose this campaign, our country is probably GONE? Damn it.

Razmear
07-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Found another video by her, not bad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8O1bUfRi3Q&mode=related&search=
Houston911truth.org Why the Hell is Giuliani in Texas?

Honestly, I'm glad she's on our side.

eb

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Yeah, that is pretty good, Razmear.

kylejack
07-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Found another video by her, not bad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8O1bUfRi3Q&mode=related&search=
Houston911truth.org Why the Hell is Giuliani in Texas?

Honestly, I'm glad she's on our side.

eb

Giuliani raised more money in Texas than any other candidate.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I apologize for getting so pissed off in this thread. I'm just so tired of having to jump over this same hoop, over and over again, before I can get people to listen to Dr. Paul's message.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 08:59 PM
If you're talking about the freedom to ruin his campaign. Well no, we're not in agreement on that. Your liberty extends to the point that it starts infringing on someone else's liberty. When someone takes actions that hurts this campaign, they are infringing on the liberty of the rest of Ron Paul's supporters. And no, they do NOT have that right.

Do you understand that if we lose this campaign, our country is probably GONE? Damn it.

Sorry, not buying that at all.

Freedom Speech is kind of nice, I think.

Unpopular/any type opinions belong to their owners. Don't legitimize the silly notion that because someone supports "A" then "A" must therefore support everything the supporter expresses.

Stop acting like this insanity is valid in any rational way.

Shink
07-25-2007, 09:01 PM
yes sadly, some of our fellow supporters are 9/11 truthers and nothing and noone will convince them other wise. Some of our fellow supporters are white supremacists, too.

what can we do about this?

really, just stress and re-stress that we need to act as a cohesive group or RP won't win. There's not much else

Please stop lumping white supremacists in with people who disbelieve the government's conspiracy theory.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 09:02 PM
I apologize for getting so pissed off in this thread. I'm just so tired of having to jump over this same hoop, over and over again, before I can get people to listen to Dr. Paul's message.

Well stop jumping through hoops and grow a backbone, lol.

"Many types of people support Ron Paul and each of us are separate and unique individuals. It's not that hard to understand."

Is that so hard?

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Kuldebar.... when some people are spending enormous amounts of money and are jumping through all kinds of hoops to campaign for this man, it is not the right of someone else to come along and defecate all over their efforts. I'm sorry, it simply is not.

You do not have the right to infringe of my, or anyone else's liberty.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Well stop jumping through hoops and grow a backbone, lol.

"Many types of people support Ron Paul and each of us are separate and unique individuals. It's not that hard to understand."

Is that so hard?

How old are you? Seriously. Why in hell would you want to create additional barriers to getting people to consider Ron Paul, that do not need to be there? I can see why someone would support such action if they were trying to destroy the campaign, but I cannot see it from someone who wants us to be successful in Dr. Paul winning the Republican nomination.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Kuldebar.... when some people are spending enormous amounts of money and are jumping through all kinds of hoops to campaign for this man, it is not the right of someone else to come along and defecate all over their efforts. I'm sorry, it simply is not.

You do not have the right to infringe of my, or anyone else's liberty.

If you look at it that way no wonder you are inflamed about it, but I believe you should change your perspective on this because it causes more harm than benefit.

I am not forcefully denouncing you or calling for you voice to be ignored or belittled, so how you get the idea that I am somehow "impinging" upon your liberty is quite a hoot.

aravoth
07-25-2007, 09:08 PM
We all know that Ron Paul doesn't believe in this conspiracy shit. But 90% of the american people that don't know anything about him might start thinking that if people run off at the mouth on the radio. I fail to see why some groups can't just shut thier mouths about it. Blah, Blah, Free speech, fine, say whatever the hell you want. If RP loses becuase a bunch of shitheads paint him as wearing a tin foil hat, figuring out witch Alien Overlord from Planet X gave birth to to the very same Bigfoot that caused 9/11 with the CIA's help, will be the least of your worries.

Dragging RP into your own opinions is selfish. Plain and simple. When you associate RP with shit like that, you make him an accsessory. And you know you do. There are a myriad of other paces to call in and talk about all these things. Alex Jones, Coast to Coast, yadda, yadda. Use them, don't use Ron Paul.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 09:09 PM
If you look at it that way no wonder you are inflamed about it, but I believe you should change your perspective on this because it causes more harm than benefit.

I am not forcefully denouncing you or calling for you voice to be ignored or belittled, so how you get the idea that I am somehow "impinging" upon your liberty is quite a hoot.

Tying a personal movement or a personal agenda to Dr. Paul is crossing the line and you do not have the right to do so.

Understand now?

Quantumystic
07-25-2007, 09:12 PM

Now if you want to naively believe that this does not affect the Paul campaign in a negative way, you need to step back and re-examine things

Whoah there, people.

Are you hearing yourselves?

While I certainly agree it is wise to remain discreet and avoid speaking about "9/11 Truth" when speaking about Ron Paul, as a matter of Choice... a few of you are beginning to come across as sounding like the kind of intolerance we KNOW the Doctor rejects.

Something else we KNOW about Ron Paul... is that he CHOOSES to appear fairly regularly w/ Alex Jones.

So the statement that RP doesn't want any associaition w/ the "Truther" circles... clearly fails in light of the the readily observable.

The idea that the "greater good of the campaign" justifies demanding others NOT be allowed to speak their consciensce... is NeoCon Dogma. Absolutely NO different from the gutting of our Consitutional Rights that the Bush admin has undertaken. And adopting that kind of attitude not only does a great disservice to the spirit of the campaign... it is a disservice to the character of the man.

Razmear
07-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Av, the video creator never once mentioned Ron Paul, nor indicated in any way publicly that she was a Ron Paul supporter during the incident.
This is a media hit job, plain and simple. That local station added the Ron Paul connection all on their own.

eb

rpliving
07-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Call them up whats their number.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 09:16 PM
He doesn't want it to be inferred that he agrees with the Truthers! Why is that so difficult for a few to understand? He doesn't agree with them. Some refuse to accept that. But, it's the truth nonetheless.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 09:17 PM
How old are you? Seriously. Why in hell would you want to create additional barriers to getting people to consider Ron Paul, that do not need to be there? I can see why someone would support such action if they were trying to destroy the campaign, but I cannot see it from someone who wants us to be successful in Dr. Paul winning the Republican nomination.

Barriers? Look to your own hands, you are the one attempting to shut people out and exclude, not I.

kylejack
Whoah there, people.

Are you hearing yourselves?

While I certainly agree it is wise to remain discreet and avoid speaking about "9/11 Truth" when speaking about Ron Paul, as a matter of Choice... a few of you are beginning to come across as sounding like the kind of intolerance we KNOW the Doctor rejects.

Something else we KNOW about Ron Paul... is that he CHOOSES to appear fairly regularly w/ Alex Jones.

So the statement that RP doesn't want any associaition w/ the "Truther" circles... clearly fails in light of the the readily observable.

The idea that the "greater good of the campaign" justifies demanding others NOT be allowed to speak their consciensce... is NeoCon Dogma. Absolutely NO different from the gutting of our Consitutional Rights that the Bush admin has undertaken. And adopting that kind of attitude not only does a great disservice to the spirit of the campaign... it is a disservice to the character of the man.
I was with you for most of your post, but now who's going too far? Asking people not to say certain things has little to do with the government prohibiting people from saying things. One is no more than a request while the other is an enforced dictate.

LibertyEagle
Av, the video creator never once mentioned Ron Paul, nor indicated in any way publicly that she was a Ron Paul supporter during the incident.
This is a media hit job, plain and simple. That local station added the Ron Paul connection all on their own.

eb

I agree, although I think it is probably true that they did have a RP sticker on their car. The media capitalized on it, because they are looking for shock journalism. That's why I think we have to be very aware of our actions, because a lot of the media have made it quite clear their agenda is to marginalize him.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 09:22 PM
We all know that Ron Paul doesn't believe in this conspiracy shit. But 90% of the american people that don't know anything about him might start thinking that if people run off at the mouth on the radio. I fail to see why some groups can't just shut thier mouths about it. Blah, Blah, Free speech, fine, say whatever the hell you want. If RP loses becuase a bunch of shitheads paint him as wearing a tin foil hat, figuring out witch Alien Overlord from Planet X gave birth to to the very same Bigfoot that caused 9/11 with the CIA's help, will be the least of your worries.

Dragging RP into your own opinions is selfish. Plain and simple. When you associate RP with shit like that, you make him an accsessory. And you know you do. There are a myriad of other paces to call in and talk about all these things. Alex Jones, Coast to Coast, yadda, yadda. Use them, don't use Ron Paul.

Because groups don't have mouths and people are individuals. We need to get away from this idea that we can control information and the opinions of others.

Take our lumps and deal with it. Be honest, of course we have differences, we aren't ditto-heads!

Ron Paul speaks for himself very well.

We can't make the world safe and bubble wrapped for intellectually lazy people, they are going to either remain ignorant and misinformed or burn some energy by thinking for themselves.

What you subsidize, you get more of...after all. Stop feeding the sheep.

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't get the rationale behind anyone supporting this completely obnoxious woman who is not at all helping our campaign. No logical supporter of Ron Paul would see this as anything but hurtful to our campaign

Do you like having <1% of the vote? That's where we are headed if this does not stop.

Are you naive about the fact that Americans are turned off by FALSELY linking Dr. Paul to 9/11 Truth or are you just so self-absorbed that you do not care that you are sinking the campaign of the greatest hope of our lifetime?

Most truthers are able to separate their views from the campaign. Why is it that a select few feel it is their God-given duty to link Ron Paul with THEIR personal views? I have not once advanced any of my views which Dr. Paul does not share.

GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION is a very real thing in the world. I think it really sucks but that is how things are. You can disagree with it all you want but it is not going away. You are trying to sell your message to the American public. Suggesting that our government killed 3000 of its own citizens is going to turn offf 99% of Americans including MANY Ron Paul supporters such as myself. The average person does not research the issues. John McCain lost South Carolina in 2000 largely because it was falsely suggested that he fathered an illegitimate African-American child. See how this works?

So guys, how about we stop pulling this kind of bullshit and let's leave the message to Dr. Paul? K?

mdh
07-25-2007, 09:28 PM

What the heck? Not helpful? They didn't mention Ron Paul, they just happened to have a bumper sticker on their car. Yeesh.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 09:30 PM
I don't get the rationale behind anyone supporting this completely obnoxious woman who is not at all helping our campaign. No logical supporter of Ron Paul would see this as anything but hurtful to our campaign

Do you like having <1% of the vote? That's where we are headed if this does not stop.

Are you naive about the fact that Americans are turned off by FALSELY linking Dr. Paul to 9/11 Truth or are you just so self-absorbed that you do not care that you are sinking the campaign of the greatest hope of our lifetime?

Most truthers are able to separate their views from the campaign. Why is it that a select few feel it is their God-given duty to link Ron Paul with THEIR personal views? I have not once advanced any of my views which Dr. Paul does not share.

GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION is a very real thing in the world. I think it really sucks but that is how things are. You can disagree with it all you want but it is not going away

So guys, how about we stop pulling this kind of bullshit and let's leave the message to Dr. Paul? K?

So, victory by any means? Even if it means working counter to the very thing you profess to be working for?

And, this discussion is largely unrelated to the video posted in the OP. It's more related to the notion that maybe people need to develop thicker skins about other folk's opinions.

Ron Paul certainly doesn't have a big issue with it because he gets it, freedom means you have to be willing to accept that other people aren't going to be just like you.

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 09:32 PM
So, victory by any means? Even if it means working counter to the very thing you profess to be working for?

Are we working for 9/11 Truth?

I've stayed the same since day one: Working to spread Dr. Paul's message. Not diluting it with conspiracy theories

BLS
07-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't care who you are, or how optimistic you are, this is BAD PRESS for RP.

Yes, you and I and everyone here knows this is NOT the typical Ron Paul Supporter, but the MSM will have a HAY DAY with this.

It's bad, and if you don't see it that way, you're missing it.
Even if it's a LIE that she's a RP supporter....it is NEGATIVE.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Are we working for 9/11 Truth?

I've stayed the same since day one: Working to spread Dr. Paul's message. Not diluting it with conspiracy theories

You are the one mixing the message, you seem to overlook the fact that it is the message that ties us all together in a common cause. It is the strength of the message that enables such a diverse number of individuals from all over the spectrum to join together.

Being intolerant, unwilling or incapable of accepting the existence of supporters with "unpopular" opinions with in our political movement is pure poison.

The solution is tolerance and the courage to denounce the detractors with the simple truth:

People who support Ron Paul come from every part of the American spectrum and they represent a myriad of viewpoints, but the one common thing that unites us is the universal idea of freedom and individual liberty.

hells_unicorn
07-25-2007, 09:43 PM
This kind of infighting accomplishes absolutely nothing and I'm personally getting tired of seeing it every time I come onto this forum. I have a suggestion for both groups that are arguing about this.

The Upset over 9/11 Truth being linked to Ron Paul Crowd:

What were you hoping to accomplish by putting forth this thread/whining about what has become commonplace? I'm being very serious here. Do you think that putting up this thread is really going to change the fact that some people think with their hearts instead of their heads? Do you really think that the Old Media is going to respect you more for decrying someone else having a different method of campaigning that might turn off some people? Do you think that Dr. Paul wants the kind of infighting that this is causing to occur on one of the forums that is trying to get his message out?

If you are upset about the fact that you are going to have to work a little harder to get the message out, deal with it. If it wasn't something like this, the media would come up with something else to marginalize Ron Paul. They don't like him, few of them will be convinced otherwise, and they are not going to help us. You can't control people by complaining about mistakes, which will inevitably happen no matter what, and going on tirades like this will only piss off our current base of support, which is made up of 9/11 truth people, like it or not.

If you want to be mad at someone get angry at the media, they were the ones who put out this garbage. And quit giving me this nonsense about "that's the way the game is played", I'm not in the mood for meaningless bromides, if you want to play the game by the rules of your enemies, you will lose, every time.

The Pro-Associate Paul with the 9/11 Truth Crowd:

I read a poll (I forgot where) stating that 53% of Americans don't believe that their government is not telling them the whole truth about 9/11, while this poll may not be fully representative of the facts, it suggests that there is a sizable voting block to go after, especially in college campuses. However, use your heads if you are going to try to win people from Dennis Kucinich/Mike Gravel's side to ours, and make sure that you don't overplay your hand by getting emotional and blurting out things that will come back to haunt you.

Keep 9/11 Truth separate from Paul until Paul himself states that he wants to be associated with it, otherwise you are not serving him. He goes on to Alex Jones show on occasion, so has Pat Buchanan, so has even Noam Chomsky, these individuals are not what I would call 9/11 Truth stock, unless you know something I don't.

P.S. - Outbursts like "If I can't shout out 9/11 was an inside job from a mountaintop without catching flack from other supporters of Ron Paul" are emotionally driven, they have no place in rational debates, think with your head please.

To Everybody:

Like it or not, we are going to have to learn to work together despite there being some radical differences in the way we view things, I'm sure Samuel Adams and Thomas Paine had similar moments to this one, but it sure as hell didn't stop them from originally freeing this country. Get over your differences and get back to work, your wasting time that could be spent sending letters to Iowa.

BLS
07-25-2007, 10:00 PM
This kind of infighting accomplishes absolutely nothing and I'm personally getting tired of seeing it every time I come onto this forum. I have a suggestion for both groups that are arguing about this.

The Upset over 9/11 Truth being linked to Ron Paul Crowd:

What were you hoping to accomplish by putting forth this thread/whining about what has become commonplace? I'm being very serious here. Do you think that putting up this thread is really going to change the fact that some people think with their hearts instead of their heads? Do you really think that the Old Media is going to respect you more for decrying someone else having a different method of campaigning that might turn off some people? Do you think that Dr. Paul wants the kind of infighting that this is causing to occur on one of the forums that is trying to get his message out?

If you are upset about the fact that you are going to have to work a little harder to get the message out, deal with it. If it wasn't something like this, the media would come up with something else to marginalize Ron Paul. They don't like him, few of them will be convinced otherwise, and they are not going to help us. You can't control people by complaining about mistakes, which will inevitably happen no matter what, and going on tirades like this will only piss off our current base of support, which is made up of 9/11 truth people, like it or not.

If you want to be mad at someone get angry at the media, they were the ones who put out this garbage. And quit giving me this nonsense about "that's the way the game is played", I'm not in the mood for meaningless bromides, if you want to play the game by the rules of your enemies, you will lose, every time.

The Pro-Associate Paul with the 9/11 Truth Crowd:

I read a poll (I forgot where) stating that 53% of Americans don't believe that their government is not telling them the whole truth about 9/11, while this poll may not be fully representative of the facts, it suggests that there is a sizable voting block to go after, especially in college campuses. However, use your heads if you are going to try to win people from Dennis Kucinich/Mike Gravel's side to ours, and make sure that you don't overplay your hand by getting emotional and blurting out things that will come back to haunt you.

Keep 9/11 Truth separate from Paul until Paul himself states that he wants to be associated with it, otherwise you are not serving him. He goes on to Alex Jones show on occasion, so has Pat Buchanan, so has even Noam Chomsky, these individuals are not what I would call 9/11 Truth stock, unless you know something I don't.

P.S. - Outbursts like "If I can't shout out 9/11 was an inside job from a mountaintop without catching flack from other supporters of Ron Paul" are emotionally driven, they have no place in rational debates, think with your head please.

To Everybody:

Like it or not, we are going to have to learn to work together despite there being some radical differences in the way we view things, I'm sure Samuel Adams and Thomas Paine had similar moments to this one, but it sure as hell didn't stop them from originally freeing this country. Get over your differences and get back to work, your wasting time that could be spent sending letters to Iowa.

Oh, I agree, that we are all on the same page and all want the same thing, and yes, there will be some people who share views the masses don't share.

BUT...it doesn't mean the masses can't get pissed off because of it.
We are putting hard work, time and in many cases money towards this and this kind of publicity damages that hard work.

I realize you can't pick your poison, and we need to embrace ALL RP supporters, but sh!t like this does get under my skin.

hells_unicorn
07-25-2007, 10:10 PM
As one of my favorite philosophers stated:

“Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy.” (Aristotle)

Instead of visiting your anger on this woman who made a mistake while being forcefully removed (can anyone explain to me how we can have freedom of speech when public officials can order police to physically remove members of the press) maybe you ought to visit your anger on someone who is more responsible, the people who set the rules for this ridiculous game that some here insist we play.

rg123
07-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Calling someone a truther is like a racist statement just because someone has a different viewpoint or has questions does not give others the right to call them names. They are doing exactly what the MSM and NEO want them to do so they can have control. As far as what she did, good for her she is doing the job the MSM doesn't have the grapefruits to do. Someone needs to ask the questions. Does anyone think Michelle Malkin, or Sean Hannity, or Wolf Blitzer will ask the questions that need to be answered. The Fact is he is a member of the CFR and the fact is the CFR
Is a globalist private organization bent on the creation of a One World Government
it’s well documented. Fred Thompson's campaign is controlled by Bush people they are in control of his campaign. I find it fascinating that if someone question
a position or anything to do with the government not acting in the best interest of the people that they are told they are crazy just like I live in a country that no longer has a Writ of Habeas Corpus. The constitution in this country is in shambles
The CFR has told Ron on public TV “THATS NOT GONNA HAPPEN" GS@ABC
I want Fred to tell me exactly what he and the other CFR members are doing.
And another thing if I don't believe in God am I allowed to support Ron. If I believe that their is other life in the universe am I allowed to support Ron. If believe in something that someone else objects too does that mean I cannot support Ron alot of people need to get over themselves and stop calling people names because they have a different point of view or they may start saying you are not allowed to support Ron because of your point of view. I think what she did was brave and took alot of courage to do what she did she is fighting for what she believes in and I don't think Ron would want it any other way. In the Name of Patriotism who is the real patriot for it is the one who questions the government that is the true patriot "Ron Paul"

WannaBfree
07-25-2007, 10:13 PM
I think some people here are playing right into the hands of the media. The video has nothing to do with Ron Paul. The media is trying to give Ron Paul supporters a bad reputation by connecting this supposed Ron Paul supporter to activism. The media has already succeeded in portraying activists as fringe. Now they are trying to do that with Ron Paul supporters.

There was nothing the woman did that was wrong, though media won't ever present it that way. She was asking questions to a candidate about his membership in the CFR, and about the North American Union. Why? Because mainstream media won't ask those questions.

Here is another example of someone nearly being thrown out for asking the wrong questions. And this is a CIA veteran who questions Rumsfeld. Those people heckling the CIA agent remind me of some people here:

VIPS confronts Rumsfeld: Lies About Iraq War
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6246503171480972108

I think the bigger issue here is that we now live in a age where people get in trouble for "asking the wrong questions". And also, that mainstream media is trying to paint RP supporters as lunatics.

Trying to get the activists to stop, or trying to get the public to withold any discussion on these subjects only gives victory to the mainstream media and those who don't want these issues brought into light. You are playing into their hands.

Razmear
07-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Found who reported the bumper stickers:

I went to the Fred Thompson rally in Houston today.
There was this screamin’ freaky banshee there. They had to haul her out. There was a guy with her that had a Ron Paul t-shirt on. I said to the reporters that she was a Ron Paul goon. Then she piped up I not w/ Ron Paul. ( LIE)
She was parked, two spots over from me. I watched her drive away in her car with Ron Paul stickers.
God what a nut job!

TheSitRep on July 25, 2007 at 4:42 PM

found way down the comments at:
http://hotair.com/archives/2007/07/25/audio-ron-paul-shocked-to-find-hes-associated-with-trutherism/

with a home page linked to:
http://www.thesitrep.com/

which displays a Draft Fred banner.

--

The sky is not falling, there will be more of these attacks in the future as Ron gets more popular. In the words of my favorite BBC Radio Programe:
Don't Panic

eb

isufferfromronpaulfever
07-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Why is this one small video making a splash on this forum? People, we are taking an isolated incident and blowing it way out of proportion. I didn't even know about the video when I saw it... and even upon viewing it I didn't care.

I didn't hear her mention Dr. Paul and even if she did, who cares.

LETS FOCUS ON THE BIG PICTURE.

That's getting some REAL exposure.

Please!

Slugg
07-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Exactly. In the eyes of the people, if they see 1 person carrying a Ron Paul banner and a 9/11 Truth sign, that's all they need to see. At the end of the article, it says that both this lady and a man were asked to leave events on this day for disturbing them, and that their car had a Ron Paul sticker on it

Then carry a RUdy Mc Romney sign and a 9/11 Truth sign....

Yell about how only <insert frontrunner> knows the real truth and should be elected.....

lol...it would at least be fun

FreedomLover
07-25-2007, 10:28 PM
I agree, we are overreacting about a video on an unimportant blog, but I sent the woman an email anyway asking her to remove the video from youtube.

Atleast we'll stop the damage before it can grow any bigger, spread to other blogs, etc.

rg123
07-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Found who reported the bumper stickers:

found way down the comments at:
http://hotair.com/archives/2007/07/25/audio-ron-paul-shocked-to-find-hes-associated-with-trutherism/

with a home page linked to:
http://www.thesitrep.com/

which displays a Draft Fred banner.

--

The sky is not falling, there will be more of these attacks in the future as Ron gets more popular. In the words of my favorite BBC Radio Programe:
Don't Panic

eb

Yes mm, hotair, and pajamas is michelle and she is owned by fox says it all. Like
they don't fix polls and the msm, or zobgy, rasmussen would never fix a poll uh huh! Sure I'm just crazy with foil on my head when I watch 1000 comments dissappear on CNN RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES or they delete my post every hour because it does not support Hillary or Fred its a conspiracy theory. This is a fight
that we will not win unless we are merciless because if Ron does not win this election if it happens at all we are in deep you know what

BLS
07-25-2007, 10:29 PM

Yell about how only <insert frontrunner> knows the real truth and should be elected.....

Hey, that's not a BAD idea.
:D

hells_unicorn
I think the media has accomplished its goal, which was to get us to waste time bickering amongst ourselves while the Iowa Straw poll gets away from us, everyone here needs to put away their pride and back off. We are accomplishing absolutely nothing by having this conversation at all, period. This is a non-story and in my own opinion this was a waste of forum space, this thread should not have even been started.

FreedomLover

LOL, I actually suggested this a while ago.

It would be awesome to see a hillary or obama or romney rally with people sporting 911 truth signs.

rg123
07-25-2007, 10:37 PM
LOL, I actually suggested this a while ago.

It would be awesome to see a hillary or obama or romney rally with people sporting 911 truth signs.

That would be a real good Hillary on one hand and 9/11 on the other

SWATH
07-25-2007, 10:41 PM
How about "RUDY WILL PROTECT US FROM 9/11" or something equally bone-headed

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Yes, anger is useful when focused to appropriate targets.

How to create an Angry American.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgfzqulvhlQ

Of course, one flaw in this video might be that one would think the Democratic leadership represent the "good guys", that would be misleading in my opinion.

I'll watch it again, maybe it indicts them as well....

Ninja Homer
07-25-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't see any problem or negative here whatsoever. At this point, any MSM story about Ron Paul is just going to introduce more people to Ron Paul.

On top of that, there are probably more people that believe we haven't heard the whole, truthful story of how 9/11 happened then there are people who have heard of Ron Paul. To not want these people supporting Ron Paul would be simply... stupid. When the votes are counted, they are all equal. A story like this is much more likely to attract votes from 9/11 truthers than it is to scare away votes from other people. Sure, MSM is likely to blow it out of proportion. Let them. It will just bring more attention to Ron Paul.

I'm sick of people trying to police other Ron Paul supporters on this forum. Focus on what you can do for the campaign rather than what other people shouldn't be doing. Let Ron Paul and his campaign HQ decide who's support and votes he doesn't want... I haven't heard about him turning down any yet.

My thoughts on what Ron Paul could do to attract the support of the 9/11 truthers without turning away other voters:
There is currently a lot of secrecy in the executive branch, probably more than there has ever been, and most people don't like it. Ron Paul should come out and say that he will put an end to this secrecy, and release all documents to the public (obviously, some things do need to be kept secret for security reasons, but not most of it). This would give the 9/11 truthers a reason to support him without turning away other people. 9/11 truthers are very dedicated, and we do want them on our side. I'm sure there are also more closet 9/11 truthers than I'd care to guess at.

winston84
07-25-2007, 11:01 PM
I think the media has accomplished its goal, which was to get us to waste time bickering amongst ourselves while the Iowa Straw poll gets away from us, everyone here needs to put away their pride and back off. We are accomplishing absolutely nothing by having this conversation at all, period. This is a non-story and in my own opinion this was a waste of forum space, this thread should not have even been started.

Right, there is nothing in that video that directly links her with Ron Paul. The only culprit here is the blog that automatically makes this association.

Revolution9
07-25-2007, 11:43 PM

Eff any bunch of collectivists. And please take your personal anti-911 agenda off the board. It hurts Ron's campaign to have you blithering endlessly about all kinds of fictions whenever 911 or Alex Jones is mentioned. Your personal agenda about this can be found in several hundred name calling threads wherein you paint yourself as a Ron Paul "representative.I do not see Ron Pa;l using dirty lamguage directed at people he does not agree with. But I see you do it yet trumpet the Ron Paul is getting hurt by others thoughts and opinions from you endlessly. You are a hypocrite of the first order.

Best Regards
Randy

Syren123
07-26-2007, 12:04 AM

eb

Yup. That's exactly what happened. And it had the exact effect they wanted: to get the spammers (us) to fight amongst themselves and to discredit Ron Paul supporters as wackos.

That woman was well within her rights to ask fred about CFR and to call him a lobbyist and ask how that is conservative. She was nervous and anxious and her voice was breaking and she was vulnerable to people trying to intimidate her. I think she was brave to do that - most people are kept in line by fear of being made to look foolish, and she took it on.

Give her a break. She never said anything about Ron Paul. It was a smear job.
Let's just give that woman a hand for trying to be free. They are trying to make it too scary...and it's working.

bygone
07-26-2007, 12:11 AM
It's really a non-story.

Kuldebar
07-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Yup. That's exactly what happened. And it had the exact effect they wanted: to get the spammers (us) to fight amongst themselves and to discredit Ron Paul supporters as wackos.

That woman was well within her rights to ask fred about CFR and to call him a lobbyist and ask how that is conservative. She was nervous and anxious and her voice was breaking and she was vulnerable to people trying to intimidate her. I think she was brave to do that - most people are kept in line by fear of being made to look foolish, and she took it on.

Give her a break. She never said anything about Ron Paul. It was a smear job.
Let's just give that woman a hand for trying to be free. They are trying to make it too scary...and it's working.

This thread topic was never about the person that was in that blog, it was about an attitude that needs to change. The current attitude essentially plays into the the very thing many Ron Paul supporters fear is a weakness.

We can continue on making believe that we are brought together in freedom while shunning some of our brothers and sisters who harbor unpopular opinions, or we can stand true with the message of liberty.

Let's simply acknowledge that however unpopular, however inconvenient, people have a right to their own opinion and opinions do not bind anyone but the person who has expressed the opinion.

Why must we further legitimize this terrible conceit that requires us to be afraid of diversity and individuality?

Is the fear of such a varied group of individuals coming together so profound that it requires us to homogenize the very thing that make each of us unique?

Does my voice expressing an opinion take away from some one else's?

No, it doesn't.

Only those who are blind to the individual would think so, only those who see people as a blurred mass would lose sight of the true minority: the individual.

The solution is showing tolerance and having the courage to confront those detractors of our motley crew with the simple truth:

People who support Ron Paul come from every part of the American spectrum and they represent a myriad of viewpoints, but the one common thing that unites us is the universal idea of freedom and individual liberty.

After all:

Free inquiry requires that we tolerate diversity of opinion and that we respect the right of individuals to express their beliefs, however unpopular they may be, without social or legal prohibition or fear of success. -Paul Kurtz

Gee
07-26-2007, 01:07 AM
I just don't understand why 9/11 Truth people support RP. If 9/11 was an inside job, what is the point of getting RP elected? If our government is really competent enough to pull off what some people claim happened on 9/11, you think they can't handle a 72 year old doctor? The massive coordination and cover-ups would be far harder than stopping one election. If 9/11 was truly an inside job, it would be time for the 2nd amendment, because I don't think anything else would do the job.

Broadlighter
07-26-2007, 01:51 AM
She didn't do any favors for Ron Paul, but the best thing that came out of that was that Fred Thompson revealed that he was a member of the Council On Foreign Relations AND that he was involved with the American Enterprise Institute - the great bastion of the Neo-Conservative movement.

Fred Thompson is the enemy of America! He said so himself.

rpbox
07-26-2007, 03:11 AM
Ron Paul would not have half the support he has today if not for the 911 truth movement. They have been there with him and supporting him long before his decision to run for president. They were instrumental in building and promoting his campaign and spreading the word in the beginning months. They continue to be a strong base of his support. Don't believe me? Listen to the man himself back in April on the Alex Jones show praising Alex for the support from him and his listeners, which are almost all truthers! What were you doing for RP back in april?

http://home.comcast.net/~secbox/RonAlex.mp3

Next.. you feel safe and secure with your 911 official whitewash story? Think all those conspiracy people are just a bit loony? Well, feel free to lump in your favorite presidential candidate into that wackjob bunch.. cuz in this clip he goes full bore into our govt staging some kind of a false flag event as a pretext for war and restricting personal freedom..

The 2nd half is what you want to pay close attention to.

http://home.comcast.net/~secbox/falseflag.mp3

Quite frankly, I think half of the people on this forum who bash the conspiracy theorists are either on the payroll of other candidates or work for the govt.
Exposing 911 and the people behind it will only serve to help Ron's candidancy and this country. It was carried out by the same group of people that run the Federal Reserve, who are building the NAU, and who are putting in a total police state control grid. And if it means killing 3000 innocent civilians thats just a drop in the bucket compared to the millions they've killed this past century. Do your research people.. Read the declassified documents where our govt was either planning false flag terror attacks or actually carried them out. Read the internal CFR and Bilderberg memos where they lay out their plans for the future.
Hiding from the truth will get you nowhere.
Denying the truth will make things worse.
We must expose these globalist scum at every opportunity.
Only then can we begin to get this country back from the people that hijacked it over 80 years ago..

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 03:18 AM
What were you doing for RP back in april?

Actually, I've been supporting Ron Paul for way over 20 years. Back before Alex Jones had even reached puberty.

The truthers did not launch Ron Paul. Please do not be so ridiculous.

Exposing 911 and the people behind it will only serve to help Ron's candidancy and this country.

You're forgetting a crucial point. Dr. Paul does not agree with you about 9-11. Does this fact not resonate with you? Do you still not believe it or what?
http://www.congressmanronpaul.info/911-truth-movement.htm

Electric Church
07-26-2007, 03:20 AM
I think the media has accomplished its goal, which was to get us to waste time .

Ahh but you see… that was the real reason why this thread was started: to get us to waste time and to link the 9-11 truth movement to Ron Paul.

This woman mentioned zip about Ron Paul but the media that posted this video wanted to link it to Ron Paul. But notice how the great invasion of the usual 9-11 Truth bashers on this forum are doing exactly the same thing by trying to link this woman to Ron Paul by even going as far to say that people saw her drive away with a Ron Paul bumper sticker. They seem to have done more (especially on this forum) to link the 9-11 truth movement to Ron Paul than those of the 9-11 truth movement. Notice how they never sieze in their efforts to link 9-11 truth to Ron Paul which is their real purpose for being on this forum.

I've heard it said: “You can tell when you are hovering over the target when you are always coming under attack.”

rpbox
07-26-2007, 03:23 AM
Actually, I've been supporting Ron Paul for way over 20 years. Back before Alex Jones had even reached puberty.

The truthers did not launch Ron Paul. Please do not be so ridiculous.

There are not many like you LibertyEagle. And don't be so ridiculous as to deny the fact that I'd guess atleast 75% of RP's current supporters didn't know who he was a year ago..

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 03:32 AM
Right, there is nothing in that video that directly links her with Ron Paul. The only culprit here is the blog that automatically makes this association.

It is the perception that counts. Perception means everything in an election.

scrosnoe
07-26-2007, 03:33 AM
ditto!

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 03:36 AM
They seem to have done more (especially on this forum) to link the 9-11 truth movement to Ron Paul than those of the 9-11 truth movement. Notice how they never sieze in their efforts to link 9-11 truth to Ron Paul which is their real purpose for being on this forum.

All anyone has to do is READ. No one dreamed this up. It is in the FRIGGIN' MSNBC article about this little incident.

Electric Church
07-26-2007, 03:37 AM

Now why should anyone actually believe a statement like that. Especially coming from a mouth like this:

You are full of shit! SeekBS… your horseshit!…seek mental help, ….Are you completely psycho… further your vomit….are trying to taint Dr. Paul's campaign.

rpbox
07-26-2007, 03:39 AM
Show me one person in the MSM or Alternative media that gives RP support like this on a DAILY BASIS..

http://home.comcast.net/~secbox/support.mp3

This show is listened to by tens of thousands of people.. probably far more than that..

Maybe those condemning support from the truth movement should give
Alex and others a call sometime and tell them RP doesn't need their help.. eh?

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 03:41 AM
Now why should anyone actually believe a statement like that. Especially coming from a mouth like this:

Yes, I admit, I lost it with SeekLiberty in the Hot Topics area where he lurks, trying his best to tie Dr. Paul to all of his...uh... ummm.... material. I was wrong for losing my temper, but not for the message to stop what he is doing.

Electric Church
07-26-2007, 03:43 AM
All anyone has to do is READ. No one dreamed this up. It is in the FRIGGIN' MSNBC article about this little incident.

All one has to do is to read my following statement that you skirted and they will see that all you keep doing here is constantly bring up 9-11 truthers and Alex Jones thus linking them to Ron Paul:

"Ahh but you see… that was the real reason why this thread was started: to get us to waste time and to link the 9-11 truth movement to Ron Paul.

This woman mentioned zip about Ron Paul but the media that posted this video wanted to link it to Ron Paul. But notice how the great invasion of the usual 9-11 Truth bashers on this forum are doing exactly the same thing by trying to link this woman to Ron Paul by even going as far to say that people saw her drive away with a Ron Paul bumper sticker. They seem to have done more (especially on this forum) to link the 9-11 truth movement to Ron Paul than those of the 9-11 truth movement. Notice how they never sieze in their efforts to link 9-11 truth to Ron Paul which is their real purpose for being on this forum.

I've heard it said: 'You can tell when you are hovering over the target when you are always coming under attack.'"

Electric Church
07-26-2007, 03:46 AM
Show me one person in the MSM or Alternative media that gives RP support like this on a DAILY BASIS..

http://home.comcast.net/~secbox/support.mp3

Nice link...the man's got a lot of passion for Ron:)

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 03:58 AM
No, EC. All one has to do is to look back through your posts, or just go visit the Hot Topics area of this board to see exactly who is involved with trying to link Dr. Paul to your conspiracy theories.

I stand by my comment.

Note: WHAT statement do you think I "skirted"?

american.swan
07-26-2007, 04:10 AM
I agree with others here that Truthers should be careful about linking themselves with Dr. Ron Paul. I think there should be another better investigation of 911, but I am not going to go around hounding people about it and then linking Ron to it.

She did actually mention Ron Paul once, but not in that video. She said his name once in reference to "being a real conservative" in the interview she did with Abbot just before the Fred video occured. As far as I can tell she mentioned his name in a way that didn't sound like she was "I love Ron Paul". Even though someone might say that. she sounded like a reporter, not a Ron Paul supporter.

Electric Church
07-26-2007, 04:10 AM
No, EC. All one has to do is to look back through your posts, or just go visit the Hot Topics area of this board to see exactly who is involved with trying to link Dr. Paul to your conspiracy theories.

I stand by my comment.

Note: WHAT statement do you think I "skirted"?

You seem to play by rules of deception by making out right false accusations and using the old worn out "conspiracy theories" mainstream fox news lingo.

Here is a post I made back in June 21st which clearly states my position regarding Ron Paul and 9-11:

"Ron Paul is not running on the platform of "9/11 was an inside job" but he's running on the platform of individual liberty, minimum government, a noninterventionist foreign policy, sound money, the abolishment of the IRS, the Federal Reserve, personal Income tax and last but not least, the strict adherence to the Constitution.

Once we get him into the oval office then in time there will be a public investigation, not only into 9/11, but the Oklahoma bombing, the Kennedy assassinations, the King assassination and a whole myriad of other investigations as people start to come out of hiding now that they know it's safe to blow the whistles.

So continue to go to the 9/11 truth rallies but keep it separate from the Ron Paul campaign because the Ron Paul campaign may grow to be the biggest movement to take place since the American Revolution, and if it succeeds it may result in a peaceful renaissance instead of a violent revolution.

The 9/11 Truth Movement deals with one of the symptoms of a much greater problem, Ron Paul deals with the greater problem."

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 04:14 AM
Well, on that we can agree, EC. Let's leave it at that.

freelance
07-26-2007, 04:15 AM
OMG! Just an FYI, that was NOT me.

I don't see anything to indicate that she's a Ron Paul supporter. Perhaps she told the press she was, but it's not evident from the video.

<rant>

Every campaign has its individual supporters that are going to advance their own causes. There's absolutely nothing unique about RP's supporters advancing their own agendas. I don't think it should happen in a way that attempts to connect those agendas to RPs message, but there was no connection in this video between the woman and RP, and that's just my own opinion.

That said, the more some RP supporters try to squash the thoughts of other RP supporters, the more you're going to make an issue out of the very thing you wish to suppress. Like I said in my very first post, the support is going to implode if this line of argument doesn't stop in the context of this campaign.

Let freedom prevail and the rest will take care of itself soon enough!

What part of that is everyone not getting? It's a complete thought and a complete sentence! Oh, I see, some want their own freedom without extending that same freedom to others?

We've been lied to about every single thing over the past six years, beginning with the original sin of the outcome of the 2000 election, EXCEPT 911? What's the statistical probability? (I just had to get that in!)

Can we concentrate on making it through primaries just in case we can avoid martial law and actually have a general election? If we can get RP into the White House, we'll get another crack at a fair investigation. If we elect the status quo, we get nothing!

</RANT>

beermotor
07-26-2007, 04:18 AM

Absolutely. This isn't "very damaging" - stop acting like it is. Stop BELIEVING that it is. Because when you post something like this, you are informing lots and lots of people, who will believe like you do. It's a poison.

Fred Thompson is a do-nothing jackass, and people will find that out very soon once he "declares." But we need to stop acting like everything is the end of the world.

Ron Paul is in this all the way, nationally, for the entire race. Are you?

freelance
07-26-2007, 04:39 AM
But we need to stop acting like everything is the end of the world.

Ron Paul is in this all the way, nationally, for the entire race. Are you?

Exactly!

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-26-2007, 05:52 AM
Attention all.

IF 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB, THAT MEANS RON PAUL IS LYING TO US ABOUT BLOWBACK!!!

IF 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB, RON PAUL IS IN ON THE CONSPIRACY!!!

WHY IS RON PAUL LYING TO US ABOUT BLOWBACK?

WHY IS RON PAUL TRYING TO MISLEAD THE PUBLIC?

Did any of you 9/11 conspiracy theorists ever think about that?

If you believe in a 9/11 conspiracy, Ron Paul is not the candidate for you. He will not open an investigation to UNCOVER THE TRUTH. The only truth out there is that our government is incompetent.

STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON FAKE CONPSIRACIES.

It would be more benificial to focus your efforts on things that ACTUALLY EXISTS

Like implantable RFID chips.

http://www.verichipcorp.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiLixwNkur8

V4Vendetta
07-26-2007, 05:56 AM
Moron, prabably because he knows if he said that publicly before he wins the election, he would be crucified and prabably assinated!

PLEASE TELL ME< YOUR A LITTLE BIT SMARTER THAN THAT

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-26-2007, 06:00 AM
Moron, prabably because he knows if he said that publicly before he wins the election, he would be crucified and prabably assinated!

PLEASE TELL ME< YOUR A LITTLE BIT SMARTER THAN THAT

Your right. Hes just staying low. Then when hes elected, BOOM. He hits everyone with an investigationg to uncover the TRUTH!

Seriously, you 9/11 conspiracy guys piss me off more than the Obama-philes.

Get a clue.

freelance
07-26-2007, 06:06 AM
IF 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB, THAT MEANS RON PAUL IS LYING TO US ABOUT BLOWBACK!!!

The two separate thoughts are not necessarily inconsistent. Blowback as a concept is a no-brainer, regardless of how 911 happened.

IF 911 was an inside job, it doesn't mean that RP knows that beyond a reasonable doubt.

He has said that he would like to see another investigation. Why would that be necessary if he thought that we had heard/read the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Why would he want to waste time and money on a second investigation?

RP is a man of facts and truth. I suspect (and this is just my own opinion) that he feels he didn't see enough of the truth in the first investigation, the investigation that included some "behind-closed-doors" chit chat where the top two executives in the land chit chatted together, joined at the hip, instead of individual testimony under oath, complete with a transcript.

V4Vendetta
07-26-2007, 06:09 AM
WHY DON'T YOU GET A CLUE, RON PAUL IS A REGULAR GUEST ON THE

ALEX JONES RADIO SHOW YOU MORON

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-26-2007, 06:12 AM
Well then, if 9/11 was an inside job, then there is no such thing as blowback, meaning there is nothing wrong with our emperialist foreign policy, and the rest of the world really does hate us for our freedoms and prosperity, meaning...

The Bush administration has had it right all along!

Oh snap, I hear an airplane outside. Thats probly the government spraying me with some kind of population control cancer, or mind control dust!

Ugh, chemtrails, hidden UFOs, Lock Ness Monster in collusion with the Cylons to invade Atlantis.

V4Vendetta
07-26-2007, 06:16 AM
Well then, if 9/11 was an inside job, then there is no such thing as blowback, meaning there is nothing wrong with our emperialist foreign policy, and the rest of the world really does hate us for our freedoms and prosperity, meaning...

The Bush administration has had it right all along!

Oh snap, I hear an airplane outside. Thats probly the government spraying me with some kind of population control cancer, or mind control dust!

Ugh, chemtrails, hidden UFOs, Lock Ness Monster in collusion with the Cylons to invade Atlantis.

I GUESS YOU WANT TO KEEP TALKING IN CIRCLES?????

I ALREADY ANSWRED THAT

WE CAN CONTINUE THIS DISCUSSION ALL DAY, IF YOU DON'T MIND GOING IN CIRCLES.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-26-2007, 06:20 AM
I GUESS YOU WANT TO KEEP TALKING IN CIRCLES?????

I ALREADY ANSWRED THAT

WE CAN CONTINUE THIS DISCUSSION ALL DAY, IF YOU DON'T MIND GOING IN CIRCLES.

Circles?

Do you think the Cricle-trons are involved to? I mean, they have been pretty cocky ever since they framed Oswald, but I dont know why they would want to take out the towers.

unless....

Oswald was still alive during 9/11. he was using the WTC7 as a hiding place. The circle-trons must have wanted to finish him off before he could talk.

The conspiracy is deeper than you think.

Follow the circle.

V4Vendetta
07-26-2007, 06:22 AM
Hey
"knock, Knock"

"anyone Home"

"does Your Elevator Go To The Top Floor?"

Leave This Forum, Try To Educate Yourself, And Get Some Real Social Skills.

Then After A Couple Of Years, You May Return, If You Think You Will Have A Brain By Then

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-26-2007, 06:25 AM
I want Tacoma Narrows Bridge truth NOW

Never in history has wind ever resonated a bridge.

It is physically impossible for a bridge to fall the way that bridge fell.

Nobody can convince me that the government wasnt involved in the Tacoma Narrows bridge collapse.

Razmear
07-26-2007, 06:33 AM
Can this be punted over to Hot Topics, seeing how were no longer anywhere near the original posters point anymore?

WannaBfree
07-26-2007, 09:38 AM
I think some people here are playing right into the hands of the media. The video has nothing to do with Ron Paul. The media is trying to give Ron Paul supporters a bad reputation by connecting this supposed Ron Paul supporter to activism. The media has already succeeded in portraying activists as fringe. Now they are trying to do that with Ron Paul supporters.

There was nothing the woman did that was wrong, though media won't ever present it that way. She was asking questions to a candidate about his membership in the CFR, and about the North American Union. Why? Because mainstream media won't ask those questions.

Here is another example of someone nearly being thrown out for asking the wrong questions. And this is a CIA veteran who questions Rumsfeld. Those people heckling the CIA agent remind me of some people here:

VIPS confronts Rumsfeld: Lies About Iraq War
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6246503171480972108

I think the bigger issue here is that we now live in a age where people get in trouble for "asking the wrong questions". And also, that mainstream media is trying to paint RP supporters as lunatics.

Trying to get the activists to stop, or trying to get the public to withold any discussion on these subjects only gives victory to the mainstream media and those who don't want these issues brought into light. You are playing into their hands.

CNN covered the story, without any Ron Paul reference. The original story linked in the first post is a scam to smear Ron Paul supporters and activists:

CNN: Protester removed from Fred Thompson event
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/07/25/protester-removed-from-fred-thompson-event/

Highmesa
07-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Can this be punted over to Hot Topics, seeing how were no longer anywhere near the original posters point anymore?

We need a forum bot that seeks out any thread containing "9/11 truth" and kicks it to the hot topic forum.

PatriotOne
07-26-2007, 10:21 AM
I demand that all those "conspiracy theorists" who say that mainstream media has blackballed Ron Paul or does deliberate smear jobs on him be banned to the Hot Topic area :mad: . I do not want to be associated with you Media "conspiracy theorist" wierdo's :eek: . The idea that all of MSM can conspire and collude to keep Ron Paul out of the public eye and/or do deliberate "hit" pieces on him is patently ridiculous :rolleyes: ! You guys obviously have an "agenda" other than Ron Paul :mad: . Your agenda is harmful to this campaign and will be used against us and make us all look like "tin foil hatters" :mad: .

I say all you Medias Conspiracy Theorists get off this board and take your agenda's elsewhere. I don't want anything to do with you freaks :eek: .

WannaBfree
07-26-2007, 10:24 AM
We need a forum bot that seeks out any thread containing "9/11 truth" and kicks it to the hot topic forum.

That would make Bush happy.

Bush tells world no 911 discussions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K5M0xtxQVQ

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/twogunkitten/iChatImageo8k.jpg

BLS
07-26-2007, 10:27 AM
who wants Smores??

http://www.niuintervarsity.org/images/photos/Chapter%20Photos/CFW%202005/Smores%20anyone.jpg

DeadheadForPaul
07-26-2007, 10:30 AM
If Ron Paul truly believed that 9/11 was an inside job, why would he have voted to go after Osama bin Laden? Unlike you, a fellow Libertarian in my state party talked to Ron Paul in 2002 at a dinner, and Ron repeatedly stated that we need to hunt down Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice

If you think he is just "laying low" until he's elected, you are completely delusional

You are also wrong about 9/11 truthers being Ron's base of support. Conservatives, paleo-cons, and libertarians have been supporting Dr. Paul since the 80's, and there were letters/petitions being sent from my state Libertarian party way before the 9/11 Truth movement latched on. In fact, as early as 2005, there was discussion about trying to convince Ron to run.

now THAT is some TRUTH for you

BLS
07-26-2007, 10:37 AM
If Ron Paul truly believed that 9/11 was an inside job, why would he have voted to go after Osama bin Laden? Unlike you, a fellow Libertarian in my state party talked to Ron Paul in 2002 at a dinner, and Ron repeatedly stated that we need to hunt down Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice

If you think he is just "laying low" until he's elected, you are completely delusional

You are also wrong about 9/11 truthers being Ron's base of support. Conservatives, paleo-cons, and libertarians have been supporting Dr. Paul since the 80's, and there were letters/petitions being sent from my state Libertarian party way before the 9/11 Truth movement latched on. In fact, as early as 2005, there was discussion about trying to convince Ron to run.

now THAT is some TRUTH for you

Hugs and Kisses everyone??

PatriotOne
07-26-2007, 11:21 AM
If Ron Paul truly believed that 9/11 was an inside job, why would he have voted to go after Osama bin Laden?

Perhaps RP wanted OBL for questioning to find out why the CIA was visiting him in an American Hospital 2 months prior to 9/11 even though he was on the FBIs list of Most Wanted, and wasn't captured. Just a nice friendly visit by our local CIA.

Maybe RP wanted to know if it was really OBL in the 9/11 confession tape released by our Government that shows a man that doesn't look like OBL at all and was writing with his right hand even though the FBI files says he is left handed.

Maybe RP wanted to know about all the business ties that the Bin Laden family has with the Bushes like their partnerships in the Carlye Group.

Maybe RP wanted to know why Bin Laden's family was the only flight not grounded and allowed out of the U.S. after 9/11.

Maybe RP wanted to know more about Bin Laden's role as a CIA agent named Tim Osman.

Maybe RP wanted to know more about why the FBI was prevented from further investigating and pursuing OBL from "higher ups" in the months prior to 9/11.

Maybe RP wanted to know why the 9/11 Terrorist attack still, to this day, is not listed on Bin Laden's FBI's most wanted list of crimes. (And the FBI says there is no proof that says that he was!). Can ya all explain why we are still fighting the Al-CIA-Duh that we have NO proof was involved in 9/11?

Etc, etc, etc...................there's lots of other oddities that has yet to be explained by the Government. You would know this if you took your head out of the sand long enough to research 9/11.

Maybe RP wanted to ask a few questions of OBL because our Government sure isn't explaining this kind of shit.

ThePieSwindler
07-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I disagree with what this woman said at least about 9/11 being an inside job, but they were almost beating her and restraining her for doing nothing. This is a violation of the 1st amendment reguardless of what you think about her actual message.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 11:35 AM
I disagree with what this woman said at least about 9/11 being an inside job, but they were almost beating her and restraining her for doing nothing. This is a violation of the 1st amendment reguardless of what you think about her actual message.

Agreed. From the sound of it, she was treated very badly. The police need to remember for whom they work.

PatriotOne
07-26-2007, 11:36 AM
And while everyone is contemplating the "coincidences" about Osama Bin Laden and the Bush family ties (friends and bysiness partners), here's another coincidence to ponder:

How many here know that the "Hinkley's" and the Bush's were friends. When I say Hinkley's, I mean the Hinkley's of "attempted assasination of Reagan" fame.

HINCKLEY AND BUSH FAMILIES WERE CLOSE FRIENDS

http://tomflocco.com/fs/HinckleyAndBush.htm

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....doesn't "SOMETHING" smell a bit fishy yet?

freelance
07-26-2007, 11:37 AM
The police no longer work for us. The local PDs accept money from DHS. It doesn't come without strings attached. DHS has federalized the local PDs by waving $$ in front of them.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-26-2007, 11:39 AM
I have been warned a few months ago about not calling you 9/11 conspiracy theorists "nuts", but I think its pretty accurate. You guys are a bunch of fruit loop wacky nutballs.

Look, we value all votes, but that doesnt mean we want you guys handing out copies of Loose Change at ron paul events. It ultimately hurts his campaign and makes him look les legit.

Just because you conspiracy nuts have jumped on board the Ron Paul express, doesnt mean we have to support your agenda. It would be like if NAMBLA decided Ron was the candidate for them, started coming in here posting a bunch of whatever the heck they would post, then the mods telling us we shouldnt call them perverts because we need all the support we can get.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 11:40 AM
PatriotOne...

No, I hadn't heard that one. Interesting.

FSP-Rebel
07-26-2007, 11:45 AM
I have been warned a few months ago about not calling you 9/11 conspiracy theorists "nuts", but I think its pretty accurate. You guys are a bunch of fruit loop wacky nutballs.

Look, we value all votes, but that doesnt mean we want you guys handing out copies of Loose Change at ron paul events. It ultimately hurts his campaign and makes him look les legit.

Just because you conspiracy nuts have jumped on board the Ron Paul express, doesnt mean we have to support your agenda. It would be like if NAMBLA decided Ron was the candidate for them, started coming in here posting a bunch of whatever the heck they would post, then the mods telling us we shouldnt call them perverts because we need all the support we can get.
So, you're comparing child molesters to the 9-11 Truthers? This is a new low and I am speechless. While I agree that the truth-talk should be tamed, in no way shape or form is the above comparison legitimate. Sounds like something that O'Reilly or Michelle Malking would say.:rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 11:56 AM
The police no longer work for us. The local PDs accept money from DHS. It doesn't come without strings attached. DHS has federalized the local PDs by waving $$ in front of them.

Yeah and I'll bet most people don't realize this. This is something we should be able to address at the local level by visiting our state legislators and respective city commissioners and mayors.

freelance
07-26-2007, 12:08 PM
The problem is that the local governments get money by playing ball. How are you going to stop that? There are so many federal unfunded mandates that they'll prostitute our (local) government to make up for those lost funds. They have bled us to death on property taxes and other local taxes, and so when Washington dangles money, they bite. TPTB sure have their strategy and their tactics down pat. I have to give them that. They've planned well.

Now, it's time for some blowback.

bygone
07-26-2007, 12:12 PM
This thread fails.

WannaBfree
07-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Maybe RP wanted to know why Bin Laden's family was the only flight not grounded and allowed out of the U.S. after 9/11.

"I hope the Commission tells us why members of the bin Laden family were permitted, immediately after 9/11, to leave the United States without interrogation, when no other commercial or private flights were allowed. That event should have been thoroughly studied and explained to the American people."-Ron Paul Speech to Congress, April 22, 2004

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=605

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 03:08 PM
It's called Daddy being in business with the bin Laden family.