PDA

View Full Version : WHY we are losing, and HOW to turn it around!

Zarxrax
01-15-2008, 08:36 PM
I was just looking over the exit polling data from Michigan and noticed something interesting. Then I went and checked the data from New Hampshire, and it confirmed my thoughts.

No one except young people are voting for Paul!!!

Among 18-24 yr olds, Ron Paul had a whopping 24% of the vote in Michigan, and 19% in New Hampshire! HOWEVER, this age group only makes up 6% of the total voters in Michigan, and 9% in New Hampshire. The percentage of people voting for Paul decreases steadily as you move up each age group.

The largest age group is 50-64 yr old voters, who make up 34% of voters in both states. Paul got 6% of the vote from this age group in both states.

Now, I think this makes perfect sense. Ron Paul's campaign has largely happened on the internet. The older you are, the less likely you are to be an internet user.

So what does this mean? WE HAVE TO GET OUT THERE AND CANVAS! Become a precinct leader! Write letters to the local papers, try to get Ron Paul covered on the local evening news. We HAVE to reach the older voters! Tell your parents, have them tell their friends, try to spread the word at church. THESE BABY BOOMERS ARE THE KEY!

Lord Xar
01-15-2008, 08:38 PM
you make a good point, THIS IS WHY targeting marketing is best and why we are scratching our heads with HQ's marketing..

but also, with the grassroots marketing.....

we need to target "others"...

Dave Pedersen
01-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Billboards and political cartoons..

Scott Wilson
01-15-2008, 08:46 PM
I think there is merit to this idea.

http://www.manofcommonsense.com/

nascar
01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
We need to stop plying with pools. Pools results are created by as.
We need to find how to bypass media blackout and gave message to peoples.
Most voters don't have computers and internet, cable or satellite tv.
They watching just local news channels

Iwantchange
01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
That's the argument most adults between the ages of 19-24 have an intimate understanding of the internet and typically don’t get there information between the mass media such as CNN or Faux. However, if you look at the ages between 50-64 most of them don’t even know what a computer is and they get most of the information from the mass media.

So it goes to say that we have a strong internet campaign, but apparently that’s where it ends.

Zarxrax
01-15-2008, 09:00 PM
I think there is merit to this idea.

http://www.manofcommonsense.com/

I agree, this sounds like a good idea.

Staupostek
01-15-2008, 09:06 PM
I think one reason older people aren't voting for Ron Paul is that they have invested so much into the current system (social security, etc.), that they are afraid of changing it to much. I have only heard Ron Paul mention a couple of times that he will transition things over while protecting those who are dependent on the government and not just dump SS and other programs. IMO, if he starts to lay our more clearly his transition plans it would help to allay some of the anxiety that people have.