PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Oprah...

Akus
07-25-2007, 05:44 PM
can we all pitch in and start writing requests to Oprah show to let him on the air for an interview with her?
I've already gone to her website and asked her to invite good ol' Ron. But I am only one out there. Start writing folks.

DJ RP
07-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Opera is a bit of a foo and all but this really is a HUGE market and she has a reputation for being her own boss, if she took it upon herself she could get ron elected. I suggest sending emails.

Wyurm
07-25-2007, 05:53 PM
can we all pitch in and start writing requests to Oprah show to let him on the air for an interview with her?
I've already gone to her website and asked her to invite good ol' Ron. But I am only one out there. Start writing folks.

lol, go to this fancy little thread: http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4644&highlight=Oprah

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Oh man, Oprah would pull out all the "but what about the children" stuff and RP would be talking about the market and her audience would be staring back with blank stares

kylejack
07-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Not bloody likely. She's got a crush on Obama.

winston_blade
07-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Can we get RP an interview with Santa? Or perhaps we can tell people that Ron Paul is the real Santa.

Don't expect any rewards for your efforts on Oprah. She is NEVER going to have him on. Ever.

Akus
07-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Can we get RP an interview with Santa? Or perhaps we can tell people that Ron Paul is the real Santa.

Don't expect any rewards for your efforts on Oprah. She is NEVER going to have him on. Ever.

she had bush on

and as far as big mean evil RP cutting off all of the bullshit programs and what about the children crap, he can back it up by giving a mile long list of charities that provide and provide year after year

winston_blade
07-25-2007, 06:15 PM
she had bush on

and as far as big mean evil RP cutting off all of the bullshit programs and what about the children crap, he can back it up by giving a mile long list of charities that provide and provide year after year

Comparing Bush's campaign to Ron's campaign at this point is misleading. GWB's dad was president......RP's dad wasn't.

Akus
07-25-2007, 06:17 PM
fine, don't bother.

wouldn't want to sprain your wrist over typing a short email

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 06:18 PM
It takes a whole 2 minutes to send in a request. Why don't we try it. It can't hurt.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 06:19 PM
It's a good idea, Akus, let's do it.

People, it may not work, but if we just sit here on our asses and don't try anything, it damn sure won't work. C'mon everyone. GET THAT FIRE BACK! :D

FreedomLover
07-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Considering she is actively campaiging and holding donating drives for Obama, its highly unlikely that she would have RP on the show.

Akus
07-25-2007, 06:37 PM
It's a good idea, Akus, let's do it.

People, it may not work, but if we just sit here on our asses and don't try anything, it damn sure won't work. C'mon everyone. GET THAT FIRE BACK! :D

meh, let's just surf the net for jailbait and complain about bush, that's better:rolleyes:

kylejack
07-25-2007, 06:50 PM
meh, let's just surf the net for jailbait and complain about bush, that's better:rolleyes:
NO WAY! There is no way I'm going to waste my time complaining about Bush!!

;)

michaelwise
07-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm glad she endorses Obama. That will insure that the Democratic base remains completely split in two. Half of the base will feel like complete losers when their candidate looses. Maybe the half that looses will take a look at the good Doctor then.

Razmear
07-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Looking for the contact page now, if he gets on he has to put pocket constitutions under all their seats.

eb

MsDoodahs
07-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Looking for the contact page now, if he gets on he has to put pocket constitutions under all their seats.

eb

Raz, that's another great idea right there.

PHenry
07-25-2007, 07:48 PM
I sent the email request, only took a moment and worth a shot!

Andrew76
07-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Well I think it's a fine idea. Can't hurt, might help, so why not? It's all about getting the word out.

Wyurm
07-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Oprah is a believer in free markets too btw.

RP08
07-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Maybe Oprah hasn't "gotten" the Ron Paul message yet. As far as RP is concerned and from my own observations... Knowing is supporting. Couldn't hurt. Oprah has a very diverse voting audience. Lots of the folks' faces you don't see currently on http://rally.ronpaulplanet.org/ may soon be part of it. Go for it! Don't let pessimism stand in the way.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Oh man, Oprah would pull out all the "but what about the children" stuff and RP would be talking about the market and her audience would be staring back with blank stares

Yea. Ron knows too much about what he is talking about.

The oprah audience doesnt want to hear about complex economic theory. They want to hear Ron jump up and down on a couch yelling "THE GOVERNMENT IS GOING TO GIVE YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR FREE!"

angelatc
07-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Oprah is hosting a huge fundraiser for Obama this year. I heard that it is her first official foray into politics. I would not be too optimistic about Ron Paul's chances.

However, The View is still on, right?

jnpg
07-25-2007, 11:35 PM
I think Dr. Phil is our man. He is all about personal responsibility and has a huge audience. In WA his show is right before Oprah and there are a lot of people that tune into both.
Dr. Phil - I'm telling you....
Dr. Phil wants us to get real!

http://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=9164

bygone
07-25-2007, 11:38 PM
How about that financial peace guy.. oh what was his name.. Dave Ramsey, thats it. He's got some pretty fanatical followers.

richard1984
07-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Maybe Dr. Paul could take Mrs. Paul, too! Maybe some children and grand-children--at least in the audience. Make it a family thing. Talk about delivering babies. And maybe Mrs. Paul can fix one of her recipes. I'm sure Oprah would love that! ;) And yeah, they could put a pocket constitution and a new campaign cookbook under each seat, too.
I seriously want a cookbook. I hope they do that again. :D

Richard in Austin
07-26-2007, 03:57 AM
I put in requests to Oprah and Dr. Phil to have Ron Paul on their shows.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Maybe Dr. Paul could take Mrs. Paul, too! Maybe some children and grand-children--at least in the audience. Make it a family thing. Talk about delivering babies. And maybe Mrs. Paul can fix one of her recipes. I'm sure Oprah would love that! ;) And yeah, they could put a pocket constitution and a new campaign cookbook under each seat, too.
I seriously want a cookbook. I hope they do that again. :D

You can order old ones, there are several different ones, from here:
http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/html/orderonline.html

While I was looking for that for you, I ran into this video. It's pretty neat,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgF-s1voM_Y

freelance
07-26-2007, 04:12 AM
Oprah has endorsed Obama.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/05/03/oprah-endorses-obama-2/

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 04:19 AM
Yeah, but someone mentioned that she had brought Hillary on her show, so I guess some of us thought that she just might be willing to have a Republican also, to at least give the perception that she isn't totally biased towards Democrats.

sunny
07-26-2007, 05:44 AM
It takes a whole 2 minutes to send in a request. Why don't we try it. It can't hurt.

absolutely! - just send an e everybody!
it's proven that when enough people demand something it happens!

so send one off to dr. phil too and who else, let's see, montel, ellen
actually - how about the late nite crowd - letterman, leno, kimmel, ferguson, conan?
howard stern? george noory?

RP08
07-26-2007, 08:22 AM
How about that financial peace guy.. oh what was his name.. Dave Ramsey, thats it. He's got some pretty fanatical followers.

I think Dave Ramsey would be GREAT! They speak the same language in a lot of areas. SITE HERE (http://www.daveramsey.com/). Free forum HERE (http://www.llnoe.com)

nullvalu
07-26-2007, 08:33 AM
How about we get Ron Paul on that guy who screams for 30 minutes/day about the markets.. whats his name. even forget what channel his show is on. he's entertaining tho.

constituent
07-26-2007, 08:54 AM
I've been working on a formal "open letter to oprah" for a couple of weeks now and am almost done (lots and lots and lots of research on Oprah, or ne1 else you write in vital). Also, I noticed some talk in this thread about the cookbook campaign...

I would like to propose a grassroots Ron Paul Revolution, nation's best recipies cookbook... I am going to start a thread on it right now and will come back and post a link to it. Imagine that, an awesome recipe book in the mail FREE with the best recipies from all over the country (sorted geographically for effect) sent to people's homes... not from a candidate or a campaign, but from people who love their country and envision a better world who donated their time, resources, and family secret recipies to spread the word.

constituent
07-26-2007, 09:01 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9155

and when it's done... how about we send oprah 1000 copies or so in the mail... that might get her attention.

Bradley in DC
07-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Considering she is actively campaiging and holding donating drives for Obama, its highly unlikely that she would have RP on the show.

Hmmm. Perhaps she'll think having Dr. Paul on the show would mess up the Republicans and help Obama?

FSP-Rebel
07-26-2007, 11:55 AM
How about we get Ron Paul on that guy who screams for 30 minutes/day about the markets.. whats his name. even forget what channel his show is on. he's entertaining tho.
Kramer and Kudlow? CNBC?