PDA

View Full Version : Total Propaganda in my Politics course - A page sample:

fluoridatedbrainsoup
01-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Quoting from our textbook:

NEW MARKETS
- Growing global markets in services---banking, insurance, transport.
- New financial markets - - deregulated, globally linked, working around the clock, with action at a distance in real time, with new instruments such as derivatives.
- Deregulation of antitrust laws and proliferation of mergers and acquisitions
- Global consumer markets with global brands.

NEW ACTORS
- Multinational corporations integrating their production and marketing, dominating world production.
- The World Trade Organization - - the first multilateral organization with authority to enforce national government's compliance with rules.
- An international criminal court system in the making.
- A booming international network of NGOs.
- Regional blocs proiferating and gaining importance - - European Union, Association of South-East Asian Nations, Mercosur, North American Free Trade Association, Southern African Development Community, among many others.
- Mor policy coordination groups - - G8, G 10, G22, G77, OECD.

NEW RULES AND NORMS
- Market economic policies spreading around the world, with greater privatization and liberalization than in earlier decades.
- Widespread adoption of democracy as the choice of political regime.
- Human rights conventions and instruments building up in both coverage and number of signatories - - and growing awareness among people around the world.
- Consensus goals and action agenda for development.
- Conventions and agreements on the global environment - - biodiversity, ozone layer, disposal of hazardous wastes, decertification, climate change.
- Multilateral agreements in trade, taking on such new agendas as environmental and social conditions.
- New multilateral agreements - - for services, intellectual property, communications - - more binding on national governments than any previous agreements.
- The Multilateral Agreement on Investment under debate.
(continues)

I'm sick to my stomach with all of the propaganda and after 2 sessions it seems we're all supposed to eat this like it's cud.

First day was a handout about how Milosevic was bloodthirsty and the invasion was good and now Kosovo and Bosnia should both join the E.U. quickly quickly as possible. People who think world government isn't on the agenda, it is, and it is EVERYWHERE IN OUR UNIVERSITIES. I'm so friggin mad I spent all this money on a 700+ page tome of indoctrination.

Q: Would you drop this course, and how hard?

Green Mountain Boy
01-15-2008, 07:01 PM
What's the name of your course? International relations?

mconder
01-15-2008, 07:03 PM
- Consensus goals and action agenda for development.

Hegelian Dialectic.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
01-15-2008, 07:05 PM
More, from the Giuliani-style Introduction:

Yet the September 11 events are only the most vivid incidents illustrating that in a world in which globalization is so important and in which the nature of war has dramatically changed, isolation is not viable and international cooperation is imperative, as is knowledge of other countries, for students as well as for those concerned with national security issues.

I have a girl in Chapel Hill, she's real sweet, but she's a damn globalist after all these years at that university. They want the next generation to "see the big picture" all the while forgetting their next door neighbors, or family, or even personal well-being. "For the greater good" Grrrr

dirknb@hotmail.com
3 years ago, when my stepson was in 8th grade, his teacher had a contest for the students to draw the new Amero for the North American Union.

CountryboyRonPaul

I'm sick to my stomach with all of the propaganda and after 2 sessions it seems we're all supposed to eat this like it's cud.

First day was a handout about how Milosevic was bloodthirsty and the invasion was good and now Kosovo and Bosnia should both join the E.U. quickly quickly as possible. People who think world government isn't on the agenda, it is, and it is EVERYWHERE IN OUR UNIVERSITIES. I'm so friggin mad I spent all this money on a 700+ page tome of indoctrination.

Man, just grow some thick skin and make a note each time you see it. Globalist propaganda is every freaking where on my campus. From what I gather, it's that way at most Universities throughout the nation.

I've even gotten "diversity" propaganda in my Chemistry class. It's rediculous.

You should watch this Penn & Teller episode http://youtube.com/watch?v=hrR3Co8VAlo

fluoridatedbrainsoup
01-15-2008, 07:07 PM
What's the name of your course? International relations?
Here it is: Pol & Govt In Global Per - PLS 111 - 001

Countryboy - - watching the Bullshit now, thanks, I just need to calm down.

Young_Apprentice
01-15-2008, 07:10 PM

But...but...it'd PROGRESSIVE!!! You want to be progressive don't you? Everyone's doing it!

CountryboyRonPaul
01-15-2008, 07:14 PM

Countryboy - - watching the Bullshit now, thanks, I just need to calm down.

I understand ;)

RockEnds
01-15-2008, 07:18 PM

Yes, this class is probably going to be about politics and government from a global perspective. :rolleyes: Maybe you were hoping for a class from a US Constitutional perspective?

Goldwater Conservative
01-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Beware the IR department at all costs. They have even more leftists and globalists than the Poli Sci department does.

apc3161
01-15-2008, 07:36 PM
This is funny for me. I go to Duke and study economics here. All of my teachers know I'm a big libertarian. So whenever they mention "WTO" "EU" or any other thing like that, they often look at me to see the look of disgust on my face. I think I crack them up.

Although deep down I think they know why this stuff pisses me off.

SeanEdwards
01-15-2008, 07:37 PM
I just completed a class in international relations. The course material wasn't that bad, but I was really disturbed by some of my fellow students. One student came right out and said the U.S. constitution was archaic and not applicable to the modern situation. I responded that it should be amended and not ignored. He just shrugged.

Travis B
01-15-2008, 08:05 PM
wow. i can't wait for 10 years from now when these guys are graduated in important positions through out the country

Cowlesy
08-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Because you all didn't think FluoridatedBrainSoup existed.

yongrel
08-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Beware the IR department at all costs. They have even more leftists and globalists than the Poli Sci department does.

I'm at arguably the best school in the country for IR, and it's a bit sickening sometimes. We have a course called "Lifting Up the Third World" which essentially is a semester-long justification of foreign aid to Africa.

tonesforjonesbones
08-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Well you can always challenge with facts. Pat Buchanan's book "The Great Betrayal" talks a lot about the protectionism that libertarians abhor. I am a libertarian , but I'm not sure that this free market ...over the boarders stuff is good. It killed our economy...NAFTA the WTO. I am planning to go back to FSU in poli sci in january...oh boy..I will definately be challenging...I will just make sure I can regurgetate what's in the text...but I will definately put forth my worldview. tones

Standing Like A Rock
08-22-2008, 09:06 PM
3 years ago, when my stepson was in 8th grade, his teacher had a contest for the students to draw the new Amero for the North American Union.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :mad:

goddam public schools, or should i say propaganda factories :mad:

FindLiberty
08-22-2008, 10:43 PM
...mandatory government youth propaganda camps.

http://www.vinsuprynowicz.com/?p=50

Conza88
08-22-2008, 10:55 PM
You're all conspiracy theorists, the state is actually looking out for your best interests. They are trying to provide you with a meaningful education; AND THIS IS HOW YOU TREATZ THEM! Seriously your tin foil hats must be getting too tight...

http://meltyourfaceoff.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/tin-foil-hat.jpg

ALL KOOKS< THE LOT OF USEEEEEEEE!?!?!1111 :rolleyes:

Leroy_Jenkems
08-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Hey, it's public education...what'd you expect?!

The_Orlonater
08-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Protest this shit.